Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Hobold posted:

Punch. Everything.

Name him Ken, got it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Dameius posted:

LLJK community is going, LLJK clan is dead

There's still a few of us kicking around, unfortunately anyone that can invite died years ago.

mewse
May 2, 2006

spit on my clit posted:

I'll try monk out for this season, I guess. Never played as one before, any tips?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmAuZBfrR4k

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Gamble Gungdo, carry group, win game. Monk is my least played class, but that seems to be the 1-70 strategy.

mewse
May 2, 2006

I think I had fist of az drop while I was leveling last season which was kinda absurd

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

spit on my clit posted:

Name him Ken, got it

Monks can't punch up.

trapt
Sep 21, 2010
Haven't played much since ROS launched and I'm hyped for S11. I'm torn between a Barb (wastes set seems fun and Barb has the most satisfying gameplay IMO) and a WD (seems to be really efficient solo).

I guess my questions are if the WD is also fun and if the Barb can be as good? FYI, reaching T10 would be a first for me.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
what the gently caress

WHAT THE gently caress

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Yeah, that place got a massive, unannounced buff sometime around the start of season 10, or slightly before. Its pretty amazing.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

spit on my clit posted:

what the gently caress

WHAT THE gently caress

These levels were made as a joke in response to people complaining about D3 being "too colorful" compared to D1 and D2.

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Whimsyshire

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

trapt posted:

Haven't played much since ROS launched and I'm hyped for S11. I'm torn between a Barb (wastes set seems fun and Barb has the most satisfying gameplay IMO) and a WD (seems to be really efficient solo).

I guess my questions are if the WD is also fun and if the Barb can be as good? FYI, reaching T10 would be a first for me.

Up to you as to what is fun, but both will easily reach and dominate T10.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Every class has at least 2-3 loadouts that can annihilate T13 and beyond, it's only when pushing GR that you really have to get more economical with builds.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I'm out of town right now and figured out I can play this on low settings on my crappy laptop, so I guess I'm going to find out how much fun D3 is to play with a trackpad...

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
So, level 22 and I've already had 2 Gelatinous Sires and 2 Goblin packs.
Why can't these loving things spawn when I'm 70 P500?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Nechronic posted:

These levels were made as a joke in response to people complaining about D3 being "too colorful" compared to D1 and D2.

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Whimsyshire

i've gotten about 40 of each imperial gem

i have become loot incarnate

ovenboy
Nov 16, 2014

Dross posted:

Is it just me or are the challenge rifts piss easy? This week's is wearing full Tal Rasha but you can clear it with minutes to spare just by left clicking.

I'm obviously doing something catastrophically wrong, I've failed this rift six or seven times, but I have no idea what it is. I'm clicking the buttons!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

You have to keep casting all four elemental spells within a 10-sec timeframe or your mega-damage buffs will fall off.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008
OK, looking to get some serious poopsocking in tonight as Necromancer, looking for anyone else, particularly Necro for equipment sharing, that wants to do 70 and complete the 6 piece set minimum, although I plan to go beyond that.

Hit me up on PMs or NewBrain #1547 if you are interested

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I too will be playing in this season, kinda skipped on the last one due to Legion's release but Necromancers have me back in the game baby. Already added a couple people here but I could use more friends.

Hopper # 1927

I also have a discord so if yall like chilling in it while we kill demons we are a friendly bunch.

Marketing New Brain posted:

Hit me up on PMs or NewBrain #1547 if you are interested

Added you, I should be good after raid tonight.

mewse
May 2, 2006

D3Goons discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/GrvHrm6

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Can I do the challenge rift now and just wait until seasons roll over to pick it up on my new character, or does my character have to exist first in order to claim the bounty?

mewse
May 2, 2006

Why did Rhykker say UE Grenades is the top DH build when that's not what S10 results say

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I haven't played D3 in quite some time and the wife and I want to put some hours into the Necromancer for the new season. What is the fastest way for us to level up together? I would like to hit 70 relatively quick this time since neither of us got to experience much after that since the season reset and we stopped playing.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

mewse posted:

Why did Rhykker say UE Grenades is the top DH build when that's not what S10 results say

because he's an idiot that talks with the dumbest inflections I've ever heard

How's barbarian looking for S11? I'm torn between that and WD. I like speed running, and whirlwind looks like a good choice for that and relatively easy to gear for?

Scarecow
May 20, 2008

3200mhz RAM is literally the Devil. Literally.
Lipstick Apathy
Whats the most op class this season?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Depends what you want. Top GR clear will be lightning wizard and corpse lance necro. It's kind of lame that no items changed or got introduced aside from necro stuff. Every class is exactly the same as last season otherwise.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Bottom Liner posted:

How's barbarian looking for S11? I'm torn between that and WD. I like speed running, and whirlwind looks like a good choice for that and relatively easy to gear for?

Heh, he sounds like someone that spent entirely too much money going to college for a communications degree then couldnt find a job as a radio host.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Scarecow posted:

Whats the most op class this season?

It will almost undoubtedly be necromancer with some sort of gamebreaking exploit during the season

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

Can I do the challenge rift now and just wait until seasons roll over to pick it up on my new character, or does my character have to exist first in order to claim the bounty?

You can only claim it with a seasonal character if you did it after the season began on that region. You'll have to wait until 8pm ET in NA to do it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Not sure if that's the first thing I should do or if I should just wait until I hit 70, I don't think I'll try to gamble shards before then.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

Not sure if that's the first thing I should do or if I should just wait until I hit 70, I don't think I'll try to gamble shards before then.

Might as well do it right away, if not for the shards, for the crafting mats and 4 million gold to reroll things and max artisans asap and mats so you can cube something before you even do a bounty run (maybe you find in-geom early on). You will max out a shards before 70 though, so check out some good levels to gamble some things that will be used in the cube for your class/set/build and use them there.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

So if I did the challenge rift Monday I'm screwed?

ChickenSuit
Apr 2, 2002

"You know I love you back."

Bottom Liner posted:

So if I did the challenge rift Monday I'm screwed?

Yep. Sucks they aren't separate.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

DrSeRRoD posted:

Might as well do it right away, if not for the shards, for the crafting mats and 4 million gold to reroll things and max artisans asap and mats so you can cube something before you even do a bounty run (maybe you find in-geom early on). You will max out a shards before 70 though, so check out some good levels to gamble some things that will be used in the cube for your class/set/build and use them there.

Yeah but you'll still need to grab the cube from A3 first unless they changed it.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

Yeah but you'll still need to grab the cube from A3 first unless they changed it.

Yup, just go there first to take advantage, or don't and just wait, either way, free stuff early on.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I might go crusader this time for Roland's.

I'm sure I will regret it though.

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan
Why do you suppose they like turning things on at the end of their workday instead of the beginning? I know starting at 8:00PM ET sucks for me :(

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Lordshmee posted:

Why do you suppose they like turning things on at the end of their workday instead of the beginning? I know starting at 8:00PM ET sucks for me :(

Because they have no plans to give a poo poo if something goes wrong. :)

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

mewse posted:

Bottom Liner posted:

The top 4 DH on Americas are UE grenades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

mewse posted:

15 of the top 20 EU are UE DH and I'm sure the numbers are the same in Asia. People just find the s6 set piss easy to gear and play, UE grenades is harder, so no one does it. The whole goddamn season 10 I could not find an ancient depth diggers with grenades, 2 slots, and over 90% DMG bonus