Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rallos
Aug 1, 2004
Live The Music
Is there a goon guild on agnarr?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

xZAOx posted:

Phinny talk: so, OGC and AOS already cleared everything in GoD on launch day.

I heard some saying they were cheating. Are they actually doing scummy poo poo? Or is it just a case of being able to skip lots of progression that we didn't realize?

It looks like a lot of open world group progression stuff they were able to just skip right over, and get right into Ikkinz raids. I heard someone saying they even went right into Ikkinz 4.

If they got right into ikkinz 4 there's something broken or they cheated somehow.

Also, they beat EVERYTHING? Including tac'vi?

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

MF_James posted:

If they got right into ikkinz 4 there's something broken or they cheated somehow.

Also, they beat EVERYTHING? Including tac'vi?

According to http://www.phinnykills.com/ yes.

It's not updated yet, but "EoE did Ikky 1 to 4, Uqua and Qvic on opening night 07/19/2017. " as well, so I'm sure Hoohah can chime in with some info too.

The guide I've been following said there's several group progression steps between group Ikky and raid Ikky (Martyr's Passage, Temple of the Damned, The Summoner Ring, Pit of the Lost, Crumbled Sanctuary), so basically I've been wondering if these are optional now or just piss easy to blow through quickly.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

xZAOx posted:

It's not updated yet, but "EoE did Ikky 1 to 4, Uqua and Qvic on opening night 07/19/2017. " as well, so I'm sure Hoohah can chime in with some info too.

The guide I've been following said there's several group progression steps between group Ikky and raid Ikky (Martyr's Passage, Temple of the Damned, The Summoner Ring, Pit of the Lost, Crumbled Sanctuary), so basically I've been wondering if these are optional now or just piss easy to blow through quickly.

Jesus I have to imagine everyone took Friday off from work (or they are all unemployed) for their favorite pixel game. GoD is considerably easier now than it was when it first came out, people know the mechanics, are generally better at the game, and a LOT has changed since then that makes the game easier over all.

v--- Yeah, same, we got loving steamrolled hard on poo poo, in full time gear. Tipt 6-man was HARD, you basically had to have an enchanter, warrior, cleric, and shaman or something like that and the last 2 spots were "flex" spots so you could flag people through, and that's not even talking about uqua, ikkinz etc.

MF_James fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jul 20, 2017

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
I remember playing GoD in era. I can't even fathom completing all the raids on the first night. And that was being in the server's top raid guild.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

MF_James posted:

v--- Yeah, same, we got loving steamrolled hard on poo poo, in full time gear. Tipt 6-man was HARD, you basically had to have an enchanter, warrior, cleric, and shaman or something like that and the last 2 spots were "flex" spots so you could flag people through, and that's not even talking about uqua, ikkinz etc.

Some guildies were wiping in pugs in Tipt, so it's not a push over, but any group of guild mates in raid gear will be fine. Mainly just make sure you only pull 1-2 at a time, and the last boss is pretty mean (but again, totally fine in a guild group).

MF_James
May 8, 2008

xZAOx posted:

Some guildies were wiping in pugs in Tipt, so it's not a push over, but any group of guild mates in raid gear will be fine. Mainly just make sure you only pull 1-2 at a time, and the last boss is pretty mean (but again, totally fine in a guild group).

We used enchanter charmed mobs to get through it because we couldn't do enough dps without it, it was loving brutal in era.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
It was the last great charm xpac iirc.

Charmed Hynids, christ.

GoD was supposed to drop with a lvl cap of 68 no?

Elemental geared characters poofing in like the second zone pretty much killed EQ, WoW or not.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Herv posted:

It was the last great charm xpac iirc.

Charmed Hynids, christ.

GoD was supposed to drop with a lvl cap of 68 no?

Elemental geared characters poofing in like the second zone pretty much killed EQ, WoW or not.

it was based on a level 70 cap iirc

which honestly, with the stat increases and poo poo, probably would have made it still hard, but actually achievable for more than 1 guild to beat before OoW came out.

MF_James fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jul 20, 2017

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Pooka Pooka Pooka Pooka Pooka Pooka Pooka

Cragbeast, Cragbeast

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

xZAOx posted:

We did Ikk 1-4, Uqua, and Inktu`Ta the opening night. We ran about an hour over because I hosed up and forgot a step with the Icon of the Altar and it got eaten, fortunately I looted the stuff on another character and quickly redid the tradeskill stuff.

AoS did everything legit afaik, they had preformed groups to get their 54 man golden crew through Uqua asap while another crew did the Kod'Taz bit to flag them for Ikk.

OGC did mostly the same, but (this is just a rumor that I'm willing to be meh about), there is word that they didn't do High Priest Nkosi Bakari and instead got people summoned inside of Zun's room by agroing him through the door (which isn't hard to do). I don't think anything shady beyond that happened, Dima's excuse was that they got a Chaosslayer to immediately spawn but they were still 30-40 min behind entering Txevu even with how hard the chaosslayer hits its a little dodgy.

Both entered Tacvi something like 10 minutes apart, and AoS just blew that zone up comparatively. Dima didn't really have an excuse for that, they just got outplayed.

As for us, we went back last night and did the 3 necessary events in Txevu and then cleared Tacvi after beelining Tunat. Was pretty fun, but we got the world's worst Yihst Vor loot (2 mage daggers and a zerker axe. Our highest level zerker atm is 45, and he couldn't be pushed in to loot it). We'll take a break this weekend then go back to our usual 3-4 day raiding with offhours Time on Sunday, should be fun and give people plenty of time to work on BiC if they want it.

With the exception of two events, we just DPSed past everything. The changes to the melee tables courtesy of TSS and no Mitigation of the Mighty meant that everything just blew up. Barxt didn't even go inactive before he was dead, and that included killing the golem first. GoD mobs still hit very hard compared to PoP so our healers are getting tested a bit, but once we get Tacvi gear it'll become comically easy. A quick hint though...don't try to DPS burn and then ignore the balancer Zun in Tacvi...100% natural haste, 6K max damage, and rampaging every round almost wiped us cause we were too lazy to balance correctly.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I was posting on the official forums where AoS had a video of the "race". I think I figured out what I had wrong - all that poo poo I listed, you only have to do the "Crumbled Sanctuary" part to request Ikkinz raids and continue progression. The rest is just for BiC.

Hoohah posted:

We did Ikk 1-4, Uqua, and Inktu`Ta the opening night. We ran about an hour over because I hosed up and forgot a step with the Icon of the Altar and it got eaten, fortunately I looted the stuff on another character and quickly redid the tradeskill stuff.

What step was required? I want to make sure I got the progression right so ours doesn't get eaten too, heh. We got up through the 3 Group Ikkinz done. I've done Martyr's Passage too, but now I'm of the understanding I can skip the rest, so long as I haven't already triggered the quest text for Temple of the Damned (which I may have).

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Pretty much what Hoodah said. We were a good 45 mins ahead of OGC entering Texvu. The trash clear to high priest for the key is fairly long. They dodged the clear and that's how they made up the time.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!

r0rb posted:

If he got wrecked in the bloodfields those zones would rape him.

Idk I found blood Fields to be lovely overall and you easily swarm yourself.
85 should be perfect for those zones and you can run mq in much of them because no one is ever in them(UF).
Maybe a gearing issue

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

xZAOx posted:

What step was required? I want to make sure I got the progression right so ours doesn't get eaten too, heh.

You have to go back to the dwarf in south Kod'taz, hand him the Icon then ask him about it in order to proceed. I got COTHed back to the raid on my rogue and immediately ran up and gave the Icon to the Sentinel to start Ikkinz raid 4, and the sentinel ate it.

Kod'Taz has a bunch of things that if you do out of order, you lose the items. Those checks bypass the default 'you're not there yet' steps like faction or w/e that they put in a few years ago to just return the item(s).

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Thanks man!

General GoD news - I've been enjoying the misery that is the BiC quest line. I like having stuff in-game to do. Guildies that aren't loving with BiC though don't seem to be logging on much, but we were able to throw together 3 groups both weekend days to do the BiC event in Qinimi, so that was awesome for our casual scum guild.

Got 8 out of 10 keys too - just officiator and this stupid loving "turn in food so you can beg" poo poo to do. Although with the stick I'm already up to Kindly after only maybe 30 or 40 turn ins.

We're starting our raid progression tonight, so looking forward to it!

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp
If you have gamparse and track your faction, you need exactly 1100 positive faction from initial point, or 400 positive faction if you're using the stick (which, obviously, gives you +700 while you're wearing it). The number lands somewhere just shy of Warmly, still in Kindly.

lovely food gives you +2, banquet food gives you +5. The easiest banquet food is buttered steaks (butter + white wine = butter sauce, meat + butter sauce = buttered meat, buttered meat + spices + jug of sauces = butter steak). The steaks are trivial 196. Everything but the final product stacks to 1000.

You can turn in 8 per mob, 40 faction so it takes either 28 turn-in mobs or 10. Before other people chime in and say do something comical like give them 1000 tradeskill-enabled food items, they recently fixed stacked turnins that have a limit on the items one mob can take and the mobs depop/respawn after they get fed 8 regardless of the stack size you give them. They'll give you back the spares, so just give them full stacks anyways, especially if you're competing with other dudes.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Thanks for the numbers man. I had found out the stack thing myself heh. It's annoying when you're the guy doing the work to charm kill the bastards and people snipe your turn-ins though.

But with the stick, only 10 turn-ins, that's pretty drat quick. I probably got 3-4 last night (only had a couple of the foods).

Gotta find some time to camp the stupid Officiator mainly then.

Drunkenboxer
Oct 3, 2007

eh?
Anyone in a semi casual raiding guild that is still going? I currently have a 54 enchanter but I expect to be level 65 before long. Even a guild so I cn just group with people would be awesome, and worry about raid things later.

Any recommendations? Raided up to PoTime on a beastlord back in the day, so enchanter is relatively new to me

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Is you're US time zone, Entendre are a pretty decent bunch. My guild has a pretty good rapport with the and they are pretty friendly. There's a goon who raids with them too. Forgot his SA name though.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

How's Agnarr going?

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Agnarr is preparing for Kunark Launch.

Most guilds (elitists and casual raiders) have all content done, and are now making sure all components for epics that can already be farmed get done for everyone.
August 16th Kunark launches, so we will get a week to level up and do the first raids.

Really looking forward to the group content though. Kunark had some of the best Dungeon Crawls like Chardok and Howling Stones.
Expecting Sebilis to be overcamped, and Karnor Train Station full of noobs. Business as usual.

I have my wizard decently geared, and currently leveling up a cleric. Should be 50 by the end of the weekend. Next I want a class to actually be able to farm some stuff with solo.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Drunkenboxer posted:

Anyone in a semi casual raiding guild that is still going? I currently have a 54 enchanter but I expect to be level 65 before long. Even a guild so I cn just group with people would be awesome, and worry about raid things later.

Any recommendations? Raided up to PoTime on a beastlord back in the day, so enchanter is relatively new to me

I'm an officer in BDA - there's one other goon there, his playtime isn't super high though. We played together back on P99.

We're pretty casual scum. We're raiding Mon-Thu 7:30 eastern, usually go for 3 hours or so.

We do ask that you be 65 before app'ing though. We had 3 enchanters on last night, and that was with a ghost coming back. Which is funny, because one night in the middle of PoP we had SEVEN enchanters. Then they all collectively quit / main changed / ghosted, lol. Enchanters are admittedly pretty boring in a raid.

Rallos
Aug 1, 2004
Live The Music

Evernoob posted:

Agnarr is preparing for Kunark Launch.

Most guilds (elitists and casual raiders) have all content done, and are now making sure all components for epics that can already be farmed get done for everyone.
August 16th Kunark launches, so we will get a week to level up and do the first raids.

Really looking forward to the group content though. Kunark had some of the best Dungeon Crawls like Chardok and Howling Stones.
Expecting Sebilis to be overcamped, and Karnor Train Station full of noobs. Business as usual.

I have my wizard decently geared, and currently leveling up a cleric. Should be 50 by the end of the weekend. Next I want a class to actually be able to farm some stuff with solo.

What guild are you in?

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012

Rallos posted:

What guild are you in?

Wraith Reborn. Euroguild.
I did the whole US guild thing back in the day. STARTING raids at 11PM till 4AM, to end up with the letters QWERTY on my forehead. (Hence the term QWERTY-face).
I'm too old for that poo poo now.

We just completed a full PoSky clear so are now officially done witch Classic.

Rallos
Aug 1, 2004
Live The Music

Evernoob posted:

Wraith Reborn. Euroguild.
I did the whole US guild thing back in the day. STARTING raids at 11PM till 4AM, to end up with the letters QWERTY on my forehead. (Hence the term QWERTY-face).
I'm too old for that poo poo now.

We just completed a full PoSky clear so are now officially done witch Classic.

What are your raid times? Looking for a guild myself. I'm not 50 yet, my monk is 42 but have other alts also.

unoplank
Aug 3, 2004
I lurk...

Paladine_PSoT posted:

Druid is now 72, getting exp in a slow, slow grind in loping plains. Can anyone think of a good place for mq2/kissassist grinding for that level? I tried right outside the starting fort in old bloodfields and got wrecked on the second pull.

Find out what the current hot-zone is for lvl 75 and do the Franklin Teek task on the druid.

I think I typically grind Plane of Fire to 70, then Oceangreen Hills Zombies (with task hand-in) to get to 75, then you just do HAs to catch up. If you want to skip HAs and just grind you can try House of Thule courtyard for decent xp (with task hand-ins). If your warrior is getting dunked on in regular xp zones, you may want to take a few days to get a full set of AC augs, or switch to a J5 mercenary tank.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

unoplank posted:

Find out what the current hot-zone is for lvl 75 and do the Franklin Teek task on the druid.

I think I typically grind Plane of Fire to 70, then Oceangreen Hills Zombies (with task hand-in) to get to 75, then you just do HAs to catch up. If you want to skip HAs and just grind you can try House of Thule courtyard for decent xp (with task hand-ins). If your warrior is getting dunked on in regular xp zones, you may want to take a few days to get a full set of AC augs, or switch to a J5 mercenary tank.

Druid is 83 now, war is 88 and ranger is 87. both ranger and warrior are in crushbone glowing armor sets with level appropriate weapons (best ratio I could find in baz). Druid is in level 71 glowing armor with an irrelevant weapon. I will do J5 quest when druid hits 85 and update my mercs. Currently my warrior is tanking with a healer merc, ranger and druid have melee mercs.

Rallos
Aug 1, 2004
Live The Music
Is MQ2 detectable on Agnarr? I dont wanna do anything afk, just wanna be able to see spawns on my map and stuff.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Even if its not detectable, get lost or play a ranger, really.

Rallos
Aug 1, 2004
Live The Music

Evernoob posted:

People were talking about MQ2 just a few posts up. I didn't realize I needed a trigger warning on my post.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!

Rallos posted:

Is MQ2 detectable on Agnarr? I dont wanna do anything afk, just wanna be able to see spawns on my map and stuff.

You want showeq.net.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Reported.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Lead the guild (what the gently caress, why am I leading raids? how did this happen?) through Ikkinz 4 and Uqua last night. Really enjoyed both!

What are Inktu'ta, Txevu, and Tacvi like in terms of time to finish, compared to those 2? I'm hoping to do Inktu'ta and Txevu tonight, then Tacvi on Thursday, but I don't know if we'll have time for the 2 tonight if they're super long raids.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Is there a good progression server oriented guide on Kunark leveling 50-60?

Also, I'm thinking of starting a Wizard alt to gently caress around on, when and where does Quad kiting become a viable leveling opportunity?

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Tomahawk posted:

http://www.almarsguides.com/eq/leveling/Kunark/

Rallos
Aug 1, 2004
Live The Music

Tomahawk posted:

Also, I'm thinking of starting a Wizard alt to gently caress around on, when and where does Quad kiting become a viable leveling opportunity?

Grouping is likely to still be faster at least with the initial rush of people leveling.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

unoplank posted:

AC augs was the winner. I took the warrior to the bazaar and updated a lot of neglected slots like back and waist, then added AC augs all over the place. Went from 1200 to 1900 and now im handing tosk like a champ.

Is there any way to get kissassist to use things like area taunt when there are multiple engaged mobs? Still having puller death troubles.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Evernoob posted:

Were you in a "competitive" raiding guild back in the day who raced others for spawns? If yes, then you played side by side with someone who used MCQ/ShowEQ every day to either give you an advantage or allow you to be competitive.

If the answer is "No, our raid guild did it legit", then you were a bottomfeeder who lived off outdated forgotten content.

Relax. It's not a big deal anymore. If that makes you angry, I'd hate for you to see what Playerauctions is doing these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

xZAOx posted:

Lead the guild (what the gently caress, why am I leading raids? how did this happen?) through Ikkinz 4 and Uqua last night. Really enjoyed both!

What are Inktu'ta, Txevu, and Tacvi like in terms of time to finish, compared to those 2? I'm hoping to do Inktu'ta and Txevu tonight, then Tacvi on Thursday, but I don't know if we'll have time for the 2 tonight if they're super long raids.

Inktu`Ta is one of the best balanced raids there is for a long while. Small bit of trash clear before an event. EoE can do Inktu`Ta in about an hour but we still fart around a bit and roll right into Kelekdrix with no mana, so by the time we get to the golem hallway we're running dry.

Txevu depends on how much you want to clear. Without the keys, you need to do three events: Gladiator Pit, High Priest, and Zun. However, once you finish those three and have Signet of Command, you can request Tacvi. There are a total of seven additional events you could do for loot, four of them have low health and the rest are Gladiator Pit / High Priest level difficulty.

Tacvi is a boss-like trash Mastruq followed a boss. Again, up to you on how you want to do it. You can beeline for Tunat to get on the kills board whenever Daax finally updates it, or you can take your time and kill stuff. I recommend for your first trip through you go south to Riel Tavas and the south-north Zun (Yihst Vor) which is the easiest route to Tunat. North snake and Nascar (North-South Zun) are annoying and have mechanics that waste time.