Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Okay, can't lie that is pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

anime was right posted:

eddie did it better

slayer's backwards walk does it even better

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

every time I see this pic I get sad that SNK could not afford to make the newest KOF as nice as this

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Capcom can't even get a trailer right...
http://www.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1408651

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga

Keegers posted:

Capcom can't even get a trailer right...
http://www.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1408651

heh this is amazing.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Abigail update:

Abigail still owns, thank you Capcom for making such a good character!!!

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

FOOL! DOCTOR DOOM DOES AS HE PLEASES!
:gaz: :gaz: :gaz:

MohShuvuu posted:

slayer's backwards walk does it even better

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I want Abigail to be mad OP so there's like 5-6 of him in every top 8.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
smh at the people saying Abigail is a bad design. He's intentionally ridiculous, as opposed to like Akuma's new design which is unintentionally bad. If anything his legs need to be tinier and his poo poo-eating grin needs to be even bigger.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

C. Everett Koop posted:

smh at the people saying Abigail is a bad design. He's intentionally ridiculous, as opposed to like Akuma's new design which is unintentionally bad. If anything his legs need to be tinier and his poo poo-eating grin needs to be even bigger.

I like how stupid he looks but I'm a little disgusted he's so blatantly cribbed from Borderlands from his Mad Max slab boy aesthetic to the lol random making car noises and pretending to drive.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Evil Canadian posted:

Abigail update:

Abigail still owns, thank you Capcom for making such a good character!!!

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

mango sentinel posted:

I like how stupid he looks but I'm a little disgusted he's so blatantly cribbed from Borderlands from his Mad Max slab boy aesthetic to the lol random making car noises and pretending to drive.

You do know Final Fight came out way before Borderlands?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

We Know Catheters posted:

You do know Final Fight came out way before Borderlands?

You do know his sprite was just Andore swap with a different head?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Abigail looks stupid as poo poo.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Abigail looks really awesome and Capcom is the greatest and don't forget to pre-order Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite today!

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Abigail would be rad if he had an actual gimmick like Aganos that played into him being loving huge but it looks like he's just a big dude.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

mango sentinel posted:

You do know his sprite was just Andore swap with a different head?

You do know you're really upset over a videogame character?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
If anything Abigail needs those kissing attacks from the NES version of Final Fight. Let's really make some motherfuckers uncomfortable and get some :thunk:pieces going.

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

as someone whos played p much only waifus since anything post ST i can say abigail looks great, games need more huge dudes in them

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

NecroMonster posted:

Abigail looks really awesome and Capcom is the greatest and don't forget to pre-order Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite today!

gently caress marvel infinite. Seeing jedah in that game is physically painful for me.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

zooted heh posted:

yo they need to stop attaching lyrics to the themes

It's good in killer instinct but no one involved in sfv has the talent or self awareness for that

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

zooted heh posted:

yo they need to stop attaching lyrics to the themes

Guilty Gear has good themes with lyrics (Raven's Theme, yo) but SFV is too trash to pull it off.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Pomp posted:

It's good in killer instinct but no one involved in sfv has the talent or self awareness for that

Fire cat kicks

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Ed's theme is the best one in the game that doesn't have someone yelling rashido in it

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Abigail is bristling with personality, he is bloody fantastic.

https://twitter.com/HiFightTH/status/888057976254222336

https://twitter.com/HiFightTH/status/888072575087034368

I can't imagine the sad state of being a dumb enough bitch not to like Abigail.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I like Abigail's style I just wish he didn't have those bulging synthol delts that's the only part I hate

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
That was a nice touch that Kyo had in XIII as well. He just blew his finger at you after 63214k or 2141236p.

https://a.pomf.cat/zvhfrg.webm

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Shaking the cobwebs off after redownloading the game by doing some Trials. Multiple Bull Horns in one combo suck on a controller.

Also, I'm at about 5 minutes of waiting to try and get a single online opponent. With Hardware and Connection set to Any/Any. Good to see SFV's online is either completely dead or just broken still. With this game it's hard to tell at times.

E: The hell? As I joined my second match, the announcer voice started up over the screen of the characters as it loaded in. Couldn't quite make out what it said. Guessing it's a message for when you hit Gold? I'm at like 4500 points, but maybe it was added after I quit playing? Never heard it before.

ChibiSoma fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jul 21, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ChibiSoma posted:

Shaking the cobwebs off after redownloading the game by doing some Trials. Multiple Bull Horns in one combo suck on a controller.

Also, I'm at about 5 minutes of waiting to try and get a single online opponent. With Hardware and Connection set to Any/Any. Good to see SFV's online is either completely dead or just broken still. With this game it's hard to tell at times.

yeah i tried to match into casuals 2 nights ago, around midnight est, and got 1 opponent in 30 mins

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
For the record I just started playing again a few days ago, didn't do nearly any online when the game came out so I was still in rookie, I'm in super bronze now and matchmaking has only taken a minute or so. I'm guessing it'll thin out later but for a new player's perspective I'm having a fine time.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
I'm playing on PC right now and getting matches quickly

impulse 7 effect
Jun 2, 2011
I very much like the bitchy schadenfreude of when bad marketing meets a bad product. It is worrying that Capcom is rapidly becoming the end of life OUYA when it comes to fighting games if you take the Sony backing as equivalent to a Kickstarter.

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders
I feel kinda bad for the people who worked on giving Abigail personality because he seems like a fun and goofy addition but Capcom refuses to fix netcode as well as a bunch of other problems with the game. Netcode in particular is the biggest dealbreaker for me because I'm very reliant on online play for practice.

This talk on GGPO and how you properly implement rollback netcode is super interesting if you're into that kinda thing, but the timestamp talks specifically about a key feature in rollback netcode that SFV apparently lacks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9JTIn1SVQ4&t=1896s

Good netcode is not an unicorn, you just have to give a drat about your players (KI and Injustice 2 notably use GGPO and from what I've heard players are generally happy about it).

E: I double checked and KI and NRS games use an in-house rollback implementation that's similar to GGPO

apple fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jul 21, 2017

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

apple posted:

I feel kinda bad for the people who worked on giving Abigail personality because he seems like a fun and goofy addition but Capcom refuses to fix netcode as well as a bunch of other problems with the game. Netcode in particular is the biggest dealbreaker for me because I'm very reliant on online play for practice.

This talk on GGPO and how you properly implement rollback netcode is super interesting if you're into that kinda thing, but the timestamp talks specifically about a key feature in rollback netcode that SFV apparently lacks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9JTIn1SVQ4&t=1896s

Good netcode is not an unicorn, you just have to give a drat about your players (KI and Injustice 2 notably use GGPO and from what I've heard players are generally happy about it).

He says in that video that GGPO has never been in a capcom game, I thought it was in 3soe, darkstalkers reborn, etc?

BannedNewbie
Apr 22, 2003

HOW ARE YOU? -> YOSHI?
FINE, THANK YOU. -> YOSHI.

Jmcrofts posted:

He says in that video that GGPO has never been in a capcom game, I thought it was in 3soe, darkstalkers reborn, etc?

3soe definitely licensed ggpo. It even has a big ggpo logo on one of the splash screens.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Capcom didnt make that version did they? It was a port house i thought

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Real hurthling! posted:

Capcom didnt make that version did they? It was a port house i thought

I guess maybe that's what he meant? But if you wanna get technical Capcom didn't make sf4 or mvc3 either

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009
He references 3soe directly a little later so I'm guessing he misspoke or talking specifically about new modern titles (sf4and5/sfxt/mvc)

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

Jmcrofts posted:

Yeah, the Wikipedia page on GGPO didn't help so I ended up overwriting part of the talk in my head with this:

quote:

Video game companies have also implemented a licensed version of GGPO. Games using it include Skullgirls, Killer Instinct (2013 video game), and Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition.

That doesn't seem correct for KI, at least not anymore.

In any case, I fixed my post, sorry for the confusion!

E: And yeah it seems the talk itself references "recent Capcom games" implicitly but 3SOE is included for GGPO. It's also throwing some serious shade (in a funny way) when SFV isn't included in the presentation as having in-house rollback netcode.

apple fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jul 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

S.J. posted:

Abigail would be rad if he had an actual gimmick like Aganos that played into him being loving huge but it looks like he's just a big dude.

Can't jump over him unless he ducks, or is knocked down? Maybe in V-trigger?