Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare

Ibram Gaunt posted:

So has anyone else just been hit randomly for 40k during O4N? Never had it happen before in any attempt until now. Killed 4 people outright which caused a wipe and then two the second attempt, and we salaved it. doesn't show up in the combat log for any of us and ACT lists it as an "unknown source" very strange.

Hmm, interesting. Have you ever thought it's because YOU'RE BAD?!?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
re: the upcoming Super Savage fight:

quote:

By the way, we won’t be calling it “V5.0 (Savage)”. We are creating an independent battle, and we plan to make it into series. There is a name already decided for the series, and while I would love to tell you…I can’t yet! :p

Please be Four Fiends please be Four Fiends please be Four Fiends

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I thought Super Savage was just another difficulty on a current fight. Hardcore getting to see content casuals/no-timers can't again :saddowns:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jul 21, 2017

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Having super hard content to strive to be able to do is epic and I'm glad of it.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Minrad posted:

re: the upcoming Super Savage fight:

Please be Four Fiends please be Four Fiends please be Four Fiends

It's going to be Kefka's Tower and you're going to like it.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

I thought Super Savage was just another difficulty on a current fight. Hardcore getting to see content casuals/no-timers can't again :saddowns:

eventually ilvl will make that stuff more easily doable, so it's not completely inaccessible.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Catering to the 5% of people who do progression raiding when it's new is stupid.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Thundarr posted:

It's going to be Kefka's Tower and you're going to like it.

It's going to be the Jenga tower in Onokoro.

Kefka Tower style :getin:

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Evil Fluffy posted:

The 12 being ancient beings of great power and not being primals wouldn't be new. The elementals of Gridania aren't primals (in theory).

This reminds me of the conversation a few dozen pages back about what people wish would be done to develop Gridania further (instead of hey it's Ol'duh again!). YoshiP gimme a storyline where the Gridanians ask the scions to summon the Matron to protect them from omnicidal elementals tia

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the new improvements to lvl 70 DRG AOE really give me a new appreciation for just how boring lvl 50-60 DRG AOE is.

Augus fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jul 21, 2017

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Augus posted:

the new improvements to lvl 70 DRG AOE really give me a new appreciate for just how boring lvl 50-60 DRG AOE is.

This but for almost all jobs and for all situations not just AOE.

I can handle getting Heavensward dungeons but ARR dungeons are active pain.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, pre-60 dungeons just feel so bad now.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Bell_ posted:

I do get the /pet emotes, but it's from other goons and none are BFM so it's okay.

Please tell me he's not here and in a goon guild.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Dear SE, we arent all no life neckbeard basement dwellers

So stop with the forced multiplayer dungeons already!
Make them solo for MSQ and then have them be raid-hard for repeating. In queue for over 20 minutes now. Not every one has time to waste like this.
Dont say play a tank or healer either. That is not a solution and beyond stupid to say because then we'd all be tanks and healers and no other jobs. And you dont always have 8 people in an fc willing to run dungeons. This is an unacceptable design idea from SE.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Verranicus posted:

Make them solo for MSQ and then have them be raid-hard for repeating. In queue for over 20 minutes now. Not every one has time to waste like this.
Dont say play a tank or healer either. That is not a solution and beyond stupid to say because then we'd all be tanks and healers and no other jobs. And you dont always have 8 people in an fc willing to run dungeons. This is an unacceptable design idea from SE.

verranicus you forgot the punchline

this guy is a level 60 paladin and that's his only class

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Sotar posted:

Ok the logo for Taco Time is a cactus, so the primal is a giant Cactar.

Jumbo Cactaur rides again!

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I ran a dungeon as summoner just for a change from scholar, and apparently doing your ordinary course of business leaves you locked out of your AoE half the time?

That's insane.

I also can't figure out why the cooldowns for your Aetherflow abilities are so much faster than the cooldown for Aetherflow itself, so that using them when you want them means a wait for it to come back up. Are you just supposed to space it out with a bunch of Ruins?

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Verranicus posted:

Shout out to all the people not playing a neckbeard's slutty scantily clad sad waifu fantasy and not doing some cringey pose. Not all heroes where capes

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
To be honest, extreme/savage modes of some dungeons would be awesome. Snowcloak, Keeper of the Lake, The Vault, Sohr Khai, Baelsar's Wall, Bardam's Mettle, Kugane Castle...

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Waci posted:

To be honest, extreme/savage modes of some dungeons would be awesome. Snowcloak, Keeper of the Lake, The Vault, Sohr Khai, Baelsar's Wall, Bardam's Mettle, Kugane Castle...

Don't kid yourself. Brayflox's Extremestop would be the first implemented.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Rhymenoserous posted:

Please tell me he's not here and in a goon guild.

even if through some fantastical means he somehow got into pbc I would immediately and repeatedly kick him out

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Waci posted:

Palace of the Dead is your extreme 4-man dungeon.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
I don't think he even plays this game though so no, he's not here to my knowledge

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Now I'm curious as to who this person is and what they did to get this reaction.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Finished off my last gatherer, fisher. Why the gently caress do fish in SB escape so often? I stopped at the level 65 fisher quest and ground up to 70, came back with HQ 290 gear and I was still having fish escape.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

SKULL.GIF posted:

Does anyone know what the parser skin that Jump is using, in bottom left? It looks like Rainbowmage default but with columns for crit/DH/maxdamage/deaths. I want it.

https://github.com/hibiyasleep/kagerou#kagerou

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Verranicus posted:

Catering to the 5% of people who do progression raiding when it's new is stupid.

A single fight every six months isn't catering you moron.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Thank you very much.

edit: This is what I wanted, but this doesn't seem to be the translated version, and the bars are different (skinny instead of full-height).

SKULL.GIF fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Jul 21, 2017

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Leal posted:

Finished off my last gatherer, fisher. Why the gently caress do fish in SB escape so often? I stopped at the level 65 fisher quest and ground up to 70, came back with HQ 290 gear and I was still having fish escape.

Because Fishing was a mistake and every day that it's not just another reskin of the Mining/Botany gathering system is another day where it's the worst gathering class.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Is there a way to hide ui elements like the hotbars and job gauge when out of combat without having to manually turn them on and off with a macro? :(

I need 'em front and center when fighting to keep track of procs and such, but they're an eyesore when out of combat.

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

I'm guessing it won't be a major plotline like the other raids since I think they tried to avoid that after Bahamut

Your Computer posted:

Is there a way to hide ui elements like the hotbars and job gauge when out of combat without having to manually turn them on and off with a macro? :(

I need 'em front and center when fighting to keep track of procs and such, but they're an eyesore when out of combat.

There's some options under character configuration to hide specific hotbars when your weapon is sheathed. You can also use the hotkeys assigned to hotbars even if they're hidden, but that's only really useful for skills without cooldowns

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Emalde posted:

Palace of the Dead is your extreme 4-man dungeon.

Palace of the Dead certainly is extreme...ly boring until like floor 180. Though honestly I don't get why they don't actually make "hard" (read: level cap) versions of non cap dungeons. While it is lazy; just bumping dungeons to level 70 and adding new mechanics would be better than wasting resources on poo poo like diadem.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Evil Fluffy posted:

The 12 being ancient beings of great power and not being primals wouldn't be new. The elementals of Gridania aren't primals (in theory). You also have the great wyrms like Midgarsorymr and Nidhogg.

Hell, the 12 could've been ascians for all we know considering that to a normal person they'd be pretty godlike.

Another possibility I've considered is the Twelve are what people were like before this whole sundering happened. The Ascians DO remark that each Rejoining diminishes the spiritual strength of mortal beings born afterwards.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Maguoob posted:

Palace of the Dead certainly is extreme...ly boring until like floor 180. Though honestly I don't get why they don't actually make "hard" (read: level cap) versions of non cap dungeons. While it is lazy; just bumping dungeons to level 70 and adding new mechanics would be better than wasting resources on poo poo like diadem.

They do that; hard mode dungeons are (current at time of release) level cap remixes of old dungeons with new mechanics.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
Is it still necessary to level all the crafts to be good at one of them? I kind of want to just bang out alc with all the leves I've got so I can make raid pots on the cheap

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Is it still necessary to level all the crafts to be good at one of them? I kind of want to just bang out alc with all the leves I've got so I can make raid pots on the cheap

I mean you can, but it's going to be a lot more painful and I doubt you can reach true macro-craft potential with only 1 DoH.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Everything to 50, at minimum. SB's skills appear to have the trend of "upgrades of stuff you would normally be cross-classing, but with a small < 10 CP cost attached".

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Kalenn Istarion posted:

You can definitely hit level 70 in a single class without even touching any of the others, and if all you care about is ALC then leveling up the others would be a waste of time and money. The current tier of potions will be easy to make, but for later ones you'll probably need some cross class skills.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I want a Kugane Castle (Hard) for no other reason than I feel Yojimbo deserves a second shot. He's a really cool boss, but he's completely ineffectual as long as you try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Thanks to the goons for aiding a bad Stark in their time of need with clearing Menagerie. The paladin I had in my original group literally didn't even have his 70 gear or 70 skill :wtc:

Managed to clear it in one go, and had a good laugh afterwards.

Bonus edit:

Clearly the servers had enough of Cute's poo poo