Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Pastry Mistakes posted:

Finished my Rathma's set, got the ring that doubles my mages, and got the scythe and shield combo.

I am a monster.

If only I could get that stupid loving belt though!

The belt doesn't matter so much, because to properly utilise it with Rathma's, you need to swap out one of your slots for Decripify, which means losing out on a) mobs dying at 15% HP, plus 15% bonus damage from summons, b) a great, versatile movement skill, or c) the ability to devour corpses for essence.

The only way I can see around this is slotting the cube ability that makes your Cursed Scythe apply all curses, but even then it's pretty iffy in terms of large scale mob application.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
oh my god something happened and now the game insists on auto-playing the loving monster descriptions every time i kill a new enemy and it's so loving baaaad hngggg

somebody please tell me how to turn that poo poo off before i break something

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Getting the last two pieces of rainment from the season journey is nice. Suddenly you go from 20m hits to 200m hits. Makes things a lot smoother. Now I just need to get my hands on a pair of shenlongs.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Tal's is such a nice and intuitive set to build early in the season, with flexible gearing options and a smooth power curve all the way to 6pc.

For a few brief seconds last night I was the #1 Solo Wizard in the world with a clear of GR10.

onefish
Jan 15, 2004

This may be answered earlier, but: I want a reasonably-low-attention/effort build for S11 that can complete the season journey without too much trouble and have fun farming. UE multishot Demon Hunter or Helltooth (something? Gargantuan?) WD seem like two options that are mentioned a bit. The person right above me seems to be implying there's a Tal's Wizard build that's easy and fun but I thought they required more effort. Thoughts/comparisons?

edit: Thanks all! I'll probably go Demon Hunter, for flavor as much as anything else, but also knowing that a switch to another good build would be pretty easy if I want it.

onefish fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jul 21, 2017

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

botany posted:

oh my god something happened and now the game insists on auto-playing the loving monster descriptions every time i kill a new enemy and it's so loving baaaad hngggg

somebody please tell me how to turn that poo poo off before i break something

Turn the volume for voices to zero.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

onefish posted:

This may be answered earlier, but: I want a reasonably-low-attention/effort build for S11 that can complete the season journey without too much trouble and have fun farming. UE multishot Demon Hunter or Helltooth (something? Gargantuan?) WD seem like two options that are mentioned a bit. The person right above me seems to be implying there's a Tal's Wizard build that's easy and fun but I thought they required more effort. Thoughts/comparisons?

Tal's is really strong but you do actually have to press buttons to reach its full potential. If you want to be incredibly lazy then UE Demon Hunter is literally holding down the multishot button through an entire dungeon.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

onefish posted:

I don't know about builds or anything but running the season journey with a Crusader always seems like VERY EASY MODE to me.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Pastry Mistakes posted:

Finished my Rathma's set, got the ring that doubles my mages, and got the scythe and shield combo.

I am a monster.

If only I could get that stupid loving belt though!

If you have a scythe of the cycle, you can run bone armor instead. The nice part about this build is that it gives more DMG boost than the corroded fang

onefish posted:

Tal's is not a hard set, all you have to do is make sure you cast all your spells to keep up the stack bonus.

But there's nothing lazier (and effective) than helltooth witch doctor. After that would be UE MS. Helltooth eeks out over UE because you don't even have to hold down a button with it. I'd recommend UE, though, because the grenade variation is also the highest pushing DH build right now, so it'd be relatively easy to swap over in case you wanted to

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

George posted:

that's smart and I hadn't thought of that. but I'm reasonably sure there used to be an option for the descriptions, right? am I misremembering something?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
That's just the game's default behaviour upon encountering new ~monster lore~. I don't think there's a way of changing it.

Edit: that's the default behaviour for the new monsters added in the most recent patch, at least.

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jul 21, 2017

George
Nov 27, 2004

botany posted:

that's smart and I hadn't thought of that. but I'm reasonably sure there used to be an option for the descriptions, right? am I misremembering something?

Interestingly, turning the voices to zero changes the game's actual behavior and not just volume. You'll get a "click to play lore" button in the corner that does nothing. My guess is they removed the option at some point but this triggers the same code.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

It did the same thing for me, but only when we started story mode to get leo crowns.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Managed paragon 100 and my 6 piece on the barb last night before passing out. Anyone want to do some t6 rifts tonight I'll be forming groups in lljk community.

mewse
May 2, 2006

I got to 70 and quit for the night. gently caress Thursday season openers

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Having to work sucks. I only got to 51 last night, but that was after powering a friend through to 70 and running a rift to get him a keystone then letting him run a greater rift so that he could do the challenge dungeon. So we only got a couple of hours of play in after all that.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I hit 70, and I'm updating the thread

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Here's the update: I'm level 70

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Here's the update: I'm level 70

Please keep us appraised as the situation develops.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Are you 70 yet though?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

I ride bikes all day posted:

Please keep us appraised as the situation develops.

A second paragon point has hit the character

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
RIP my HC barbarian, killed at level 43 to some lovely demon outside Bastions Keep.

So now I'm wavering between DH, WD, ot Necro since I've not gotten any of them to 70 before. Seasons are fun on the console.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

deathbagel posted:

Having to work sucks. I only got to 51 last night, but that was after powering a friend through to 70 and running a rift to get him a keystone then letting him run a greater rift so that he could do the challenge dungeon. So we only got a couple of hours of play in after all that.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you need rift keys to do challenge dungeons

mewse
May 2, 2006

Demon hunter *sucked* for leveling up. Monk EP was OP as usual and a couple wizards in our group were doing like twice or three times the amount of damage I was doing.

Tugboat Willy
Jun 9, 2004

Guilty posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you need rift keys to do challenge dungeons
You don't. I made my seasonal dude then did the challenge rift. The reward was mailed to my seasonal guy. :cool:

JuicedSixFo
Mar 16, 2007

T1g4h posted:

After seeing this season's free Necro set is Rathma's, I ended up rolling a Wizard because I've never played one before and saw that apparently this season's free set is a pretty good one. Holy poo poo this class feels overpowered. It's insane how fast you can chew through mobs, and i'm only level 32 with some random rares. I think I get why people play Wizards now, this is pretty great :v:

I'm playing a Wiz for the first time and it feels like it's taking me forever to kill anything at this point (I'm only lvl 20).

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

JuicedSixFo posted:

I'm playing a Wiz for the first time and it feels like it's taking me forever to kill anything at this point (I'm only lvl 20).

Get to level 22 and equip the biggest 2H you can while holding down Disintegrate. Unbind all your other skills because you don't need them until level 70.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

George posted:

I can't even remember the last time I played Diablo 3 with sound.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Playing with sound is a must whenever you roll female wiz.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Huh, just saw the Necro set and its a minion based set with the final bonus being Skeletal Mage....ugh. I am having a ton of fun with the Necro class but that is disappointing.

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan

exquisite tea posted:

Playing with sound is a must whenever you roll female wiz.

If only they could see me now!

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan

MrSargent posted:

Huh, just saw the Necro set and its a minion based set with the final bonus being Skeletal Mage....ugh. I am having a ton of fun with the Necro class but that is disappointing.

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/90975-rathma-god-gr-100-solo-s11?page=2

Looks pretty damned awesome to me. Only a little tweaking is required to make yourself practically invincible. I can't wait.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

MrSargent posted:

That build is the poo poo.

George
Nov 27, 2004

It's just weird because Skeleton Mages aren't pets.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

George posted:

It's just weird because Skeleton Mages aren't pets.

By which you mean they aren't permanent? Because they are definitely considered minions.

George
Nov 27, 2004

You use the skill like any other spender. They're basically energy twisters.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Dross posted:

By which you mean they aren't permanent? Because they are definitely considered minions.

so hydra mage is now a pet class?

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
What kinda lovely necromancer summons skeleton mages that shoot 3 times and expire? Must've failed arcane binding class cause the warrior skeletons get along just fine.

George
Nov 27, 2004

The skeleton warriors are supremely well designed. I was hoping mages would be like mystic ally, with lots of different and interesting active functions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Trapped at work for a few more hours, wondering what to do next.

I have my 6pc Tal Rasha & Starfire. I feel like I don't need to farm RORG yet because I have no Vyr's yet. So what should I do? My plan was to farm Nephalem Rifts for Bloodshards and Griftstones until I have 25-30, then probably by then ill be ready to farm A1 caches until my RoRg drops. Any other Wizards wanna weigh in?

Conflicting Reddit reports says 24 is still too low to roll a Manald Heal at Kadala and that it wont drop until 27, anyone weigh in on that?