Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
How many code events have they done already? I've been out of the loop for a few months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Shinjobi posted:

How many code events have they done already? I've been out of the loop for a few months

As far as one-time use codes go just Hidden Ability Midnight Lycanroc, which you could just get normally in the game (and is pretty useless anyway). So you didn't miss anything crucial.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

Your error was playing Digimon games.

You watch the Digimon animes and you play the Pokemon games, not the other way around.

Read both mangas though, both series have very good mangas.

I remember one of the comics stated that all pokemen belong to the same species, just like two dog races can look radically different from one another but still are dogs. I think they where trying to justify the viability of a whale bumpin' uglies with a cat.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
there has to be significant genetic overlap among pokemon because of stuff like pokeballs and pokemon centers only working on them and not normal animals (or people)

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Countblanc posted:

there has to be significant genetic overlap among pokemon because of stuff like pokeballs and pokemon centers only working on them and not normal animals (or people)

Do normal animals exist in pokemon outside of Gen 1 pokedex entries?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Zore posted:

Do normal animals exist in pokemon outside of Gen 1 pokedex entries?

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Animals_in_the_Pok%E9mon_world

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

So plankton, coral, butterflies and bees explicitly appear.

The rest is Gen 1 stuff that they've sort of quietly distanced from.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Zore posted:

like Brock and Misty :(

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

less laughter posted:

like Brock and Misty :(

I've said it before and I'll say it again, they aren't cut out for the market anymore. You gotta have the assets. You gotta have the eyes.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Countblanc posted:

im going to murder ruggington

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I think the word you're looking for is "busy". I like Digimon, but they do tend to have designs that have way too much going on visually.

was this supposed to clear things up because it did the opposite

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Being more humanoid is what I'd use as a metric for them being Digimon. Which is to say, there aren't really any pokemon that are straight up just people in suits of armor. I've always hated that being what the ultimate forms of guys seem to devolve into.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
I guess this goes for both Pokemon and Digimon but what happens if you take off what appears to be their clothes and accessories? If you take off a Machoke's belt, is it like tearing out a human's kneecap? If you peel back Sawk's gi, are you ripping its skin off? Is Angemon's helmet part of his skull?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i thought i remembered reading that sawk made his gi and it was just fabric, but checking bulbapedia doesnt mention that in the pokedex or show or whatever.

that said, did you know that "sawk" is a corruption of to sock, meaning to punch.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i knew

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
Swadloon makes sawk and throh's clothes that's why they're in the same area

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Countblanc posted:

i thought i remembered reading that sawk made his gi and it was just fabric, but checking bulbapedia doesnt mention that in the pokedex or show or whatever.

Throh's Pokédex entry posted:

Wild Throh use vines to weave their own belts.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

So why doesn't Hitmonlee sew some pants then instead of fighting in the nude

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

So, Sun's going pretty well. Early 10's was rough, since it seemed like everything was bizarrely fragile. Went through WonderTrade and GTS for a bit and now I'm up a ditto, Eevee, Mimikyu and Poplio (I chose Litten) and Scyther.

Nth Doctor posted:

Serebii reports a new Mega Stone event has gone live:

How do I do this?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Zore posted:

So plankton, coral, butterflies and bees explicitly appear.

and specifically Indian Elephants (it appears in raichu's fire-red and Sun/Moon entries)

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

RareAcumen posted:

So, Sun's going pretty well. Early 10's was rough, since it seemed like everything was bizarrely fragile. Went through WonderTrade and GTS for a bit and now I'm up a ditto, Eevee, Mimikyu and Poplio (I chose Litten) and Scyther.

How do I do this?

There's a password/code option under Mystery Gift.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

RareAcumen posted:

How do I do this?

Start your game, choose Mystery Gift, Receive Gift, Get with Code/Password, type in SABLEVOLANT and tap the Enter key, accept the Mega Stone Gift. Now go to your file and find the nearest Pokecenter and look for a tall dude wearing orange and blue and talk to him to get your gift.

Do the same too but choose Get via Internet to get your shiny Tapu Koko.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Willsun posted:

does hitmonlee have a sproingy dingus

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

This sounds like a honeypot question to get banned so I'll plead the fifth

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Willsun posted:

Because he wants people to see his genitals (his legs).

The sick gently caress

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Willsun posted:

Start your game, choose Mystery Gift, Receive Gift, Get with Code/Password, type in SABLEVOLANT and tap the Enter key, accept the Mega Stone Gift. Now go to your file and find the nearest Pokecenter and look for a tall dude wearing orange and blue and talk to him to get your gift.

Do the same too but choose Get via Internet to get your shiny Tapu Koko.

Wowee, thanks for explaining that so plainly that even I couldn't manage to gently caress it up!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

mandatory lesbian posted:

and specifically Indian Elephants (it appears in raichu's fire-red and Sun/Moon entries)

Can't wait for Poke-India and Pokestan

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

Here's all the other codes in case you haven't put them in yet:

INTIMIDATE
MATSUBUSA
AZUL
M2DESCENT

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ruggington posted:

if Monkey D. Luffy can stretch his penz0r then hitmonlee can

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

okay jokes aside he does not. to be clear

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i suppose a more accurate comparison would be Bellamy the Hyena

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Is it true that chaining calls for help raises the likelihood of a shiny?

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
yes

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I've gone through so many :saddowns: I assume it's fine if I am changing up which pokemon calls for help because when I tried to just let the original do it he eventually used all his moves and struggled to death

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

EmmyOk posted:

Is it true that chaining calls for help raises the likelihood of a shiny?

After the 70th call, the chance of a shiny is 1/1024. If you have a Pokemon with Intimidate, Pressure or Unnerve, or use an Adrenaline Orb, then the Pokemon has a higher chance to call for help. Especially if you just used a super effective move on the Pokemon that was just called in. You can faint any Pokemon you want, SOS works so long as there's one Pokemon on the field, so long as its a species that can call for help. After 30 calls, a Pokemon has a 15% chance of having its HA as well as 4 maxed IVs.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

If I remember right, there's a hard cap on shiny and EV rates tied to SOS battles that resets after you pass it. But it's some big number from what I recall, want to say 256.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Good lord shinys are much rare than I anticipated! I just want a green Polywrath :saddowns:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

If you want to hunt shinies, it's probably best to get the Shiny Charm first. I think that comes with completing the Alolan Pokedex, which isn't as hard as it seems.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

That makes shinies worth celebrating when you get them because they're still so rare no matter how much you up your chances.

Normally the chances to encounter a shiny Pokemon are 1/1024. If you have the item Shiny Charm, your chances are improved to (rounded) 1/683. You can get the Shiny Charm by getting 100% on your Pokedex (a pain, I know). The guy who gives it is in a building in Heahea City to the right of the Pokecenter and is the only one with a door you can go through. The giant satellite is next door. Go to the second floor and find the Game Freak office on the right. Find the dude in front of the white board and he should be the one to give it to you if you completed your Pokedex.

If you SOS chain, the 70-255th chain Pokemon will have the game roll three times instead of one for a shiny (not sure if you can truly call that triple the chances). When you go above 255 on an SOS chain, your chances start back as if you were at 0 again.

fwiw I got a shiny Lillipup this way without the Shiny Charm and I wasn't even looking for a shiny nor chained to 70+. I think I was around 40 something in SOS. And just yesterday I hatched 2 shiny Roggenrola from breeding within 8 eggs of each other. That's all the shiny I have legit that isn't straight up Gamesharked by other people through trade.

Willsun fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jul 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ruggington posted:

no but hitmonchan's has a boxing glove on the end