Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Or possibly not leaked? It was dated for release in the last week of July and I couldn't find it on YouTube or anything. Never mind!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

My "uhhhh" can be translated as "wtf are you talking about, what leaked trailer"

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Xushin account spotted

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
The previously leaked maps follow the Brand south to some extent, so naming it something about that seems legit.

Since it's the last LS release before the expansion coming up they've probably got a trailer ready like last time.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Flytitle posted:

If you only deleted them recently and assuming nothing else happened, you could contact Support at the website and see if they can bring them back: sometime in the past year they figured out the right part of arcane server trickery to do such things.

Is the stuff you get from them even worth the effort?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

vandalism posted:

Is the stuff you get from them even worth the effort?

The first couple no, but later on you get some of the exclusive dyes, boosters, etc, I'd say they're totally worth it

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Second birthday gets you a gun that shoots cakes

Third and fourth gets you a gem store dye from a list for free, more recent the birthday the more recent and expensive the dye

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I made new guys with the same names, hope they can differentiate.

I submitted a ticket. Hope they can remake my dudes. I forgot all about the birthday stuff! I'd have just bought a new character slot or something if I had remembered!

"Assuming nothing else happened" What does that mean? Like I didn't... make new characters after? Cause I did :( But then deleted them too and submitted a ticket and left the two open character slots.

vandalism fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jul 21, 2017

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Oh, and you get insta level scrolls, 1st and 2nd are level 20, 3rd level 30 and 4th level 40

Can't wait to see what level the 5th birthday ones raise you to!

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Those 24h (of game time!) bday boosters are pretty drat good. I'd say it's worth the effort of recovering them.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
The cake gun is pretty great but you can get it from a vendor if you lose it, maybe?

🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂 all day

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

old characters are good because birthday dyes also cake gun

in august i will be able to get permafrost for free which is 500 gold because of the 5 year dye kit

i could have done this with shadow abyss but i don't believe birthday dye kits were a thing back then

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I think shadow abyss was not available in the bday dye packs? Or maybe I'm confusing the dyes.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

You're definitely confusing the dyes. It's available in the 4th bday dye pack.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Jubilant_Dye_Pack

Aug 24, 2011

Schpyder posted:

You're definitely confusing the dyes. It's available in the 4th bday dye pack.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Jubilant_Dye_Pack

huh, so shadow wasn't available in that year's pack even though it came out first

hope they don't do the same with the permafrost pack, although both shadow and permafrost packs contained non permafrost/shadow abyss dyes which look basically identical (i.e. too black/white to tell a difference) but cost about 10 gold instead of 500

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
As a Squad Leader, how do I get other Squad Leaders to appear on the map? It's kind of annoying I can't see what other world groups are doing.

Aug 24, 2011

Zesty posted:

As a Squad Leader, how do I get other Squad Leaders to appear on the map? It's kind of annoying I can't see what other world groups are doing.

i am pretty sure they do show

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
As soon as I turn mine on, every other Squad icon disappears from my map.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
There should be an option to turn on See All Other Commander Tags in the F11 options.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Yep, there it is. Thanks!

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
I like how we killed VG first try. Very nice and rewarding!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

lucifirius posted:

I like how we killed VG first try. Very nice and rewarding!

It was touch and go there when our tank's computer froze (lol) but we nailed it just in time! Good job Autistic Colourblind Children Raid Crew!

Fratstar_Eatpuss
May 29, 2010

I bought this game yeeeears ago and never really got into it so I quit early. I just got my account back surprisingly quick after submitting a support ticket. What benefits will I have over a free player as someone who purchased the base game?

Fratstar_Eatpuss fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jul 21, 2017

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Pros:
Five character slots by default instead of two
More bag slots
Self respect
Increased size and girth of both penis and breasts
Developing, like, seven new erogenous zones
Slight telekinetic power
Metal legs

Cons:
Mapchat

Fratstar_Eatpuss
May 29, 2010

What other worlds do goons play on? I noticed maguuma is full

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Hawg11 posted:

What other worlds do goons play on? I noticed maguuma is full

Remember, world selection only matters for WvW. This is not like other MMOs where you "play" on a certain server. You can go on any server, and play in the same instances/guilds/everything as everyone else. Again, it only matters for WvW. The OP says this too!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Oh dear, reddit is not very happy that ANet hired a writer that is pro SJW's and against mansplaining.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Eltoasto posted:

reddit is not very happy
You could stop there.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

What the hell is mansplaining

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

It's the concept where a guy in a conversation with or involving a woman replies in a condescending way explaining the exact point she just said

I've been revising my internetology recently

e: also agreed, gently caress reddit

SkullMuffinz
Jan 31, 2011

I like things that are dumb.
Here's Notch mansplaining what mansplaining is.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Illuyankas posted:

It's the concept where a guy in a conversation with or involving a woman replies in a condescending way explaining the exact point she just said

I have made a conscious choice to stay away from this part of the internet and it looks like I should try to keep at it

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:

TeaJay posted:

What the hell is mansplaining

"Ugh! Let me run it by you slowy sweety! Now let's say a man properly explains something and does it right for once!

Now, if you paid attention after the end of the saiyan arc you'd understand that saiyan facing NEAR DEATH get stronger from the experience!"

-Mansplaining Anime

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Illuyankas posted:

Well actually,

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

Eltoasto posted:

Oh dear, reddit is not very happy that ANet hired a writer that is pro SJW's and against mansplaining.
There's a trans woman who talks about her experience by the fractal gate in Lion's Arch, two prominent lesbian relationships in the story, and the entire core story is about bringing people past prejudices to work together. The game clearly (if hamhandedly) tries to tackle racism with the Sylvari in Heart of Thorns. What game were they playing before hand where they didn't notice all the social justice themes?

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

CLAM DOWN posted:

Well actually,

where mansplainers get their water!

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

Uranium Phoenix posted:

There's a trans woman who talks about her experience by the fractal gate in Lion's Arch, two prominent lesbian relationships in the story, and the entire core story is about bringing people past prejudices to work together. The game clearly (if hamhandedly) tries to tackle racism with the Sylvari in Heart of Thorns. What game were they playing before hand where they didn't notice all the social justice themes?

Misogynists and racists rarely use logic.

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:

Sole.Sushi posted:

Misogynists and racists rarely use logic.

But EpicLogicalToaster88 uses all the logic to debate those freedom hating SJWs from making boobs in Magic The Gathering cards smaller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

Redmanred posted:

But EpicLogicalToaster88 uses all the logic to debate those freedom hating SJWs from making boobs in Magic The Gathering cards smaller.

There's a bunch of people who know that a good argument is supposed to have "logic" and "evidence", and they use those words liberally when talking, but they have no idea what logic and evidence actually are. Fortunately, their astute ignorance about pretty much everything in the universe is no barrier to them having very strong opinions that they detail in great length.

• Locked thread