Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Just realized that I forgot to do the playoff pick'em though :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Fallen is getting shut down by Device so hard.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Esk1 posted:

Rip pick em.

This makes this tournament very interesting. While I definitely would make Astralis the heavy favorites now I feel like Immortals/VP/North/Gambit would alll prefer to play Astralis over SK. Big is the one team I could see preferring SK because they seem easier to anti-strat.

yup. I thought that SK would have learned their lesson but nope. Hope Astralis takes it all the loving way again.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

well rip my pick em

gently caress this "picking all playoff games at once" poo poo

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

what happened to their shoes

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

did putin steal them?

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Heh, so many people thought this would be an easy 2:0 for SK. But I can't really blame them after the first few Astralis matches.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Yeah if Big or Vp don't win I won't even get a bronze. My picks!

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

also for fucks sake steam please don't give me worthless 10% off coupons for poo poo games I've never heard of in the middle of a major.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Popelmon posted:

Heh, so many people thought this would be an easy 2:0 for SK. But I can't really blame them after the first few Astralis matches.

I really really hope that I end up in the top 1% again, and that it's again due to people picking astralis to lose the quarterfinals instead of making it to the end. :smugdog:

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

Is there some general technique to spraying or is it literally just looking at the spray pattern on a wall and then practicing the counter-pattern?

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Yea basically. Something that will help is to learn all the spray patterns, do nothing but 30 bullet spray attempts, then go back to shooting 5 to 8 bullets max if you aren't just bursting and tapping while strafing. If you shoot under 10 bullets then spray patterns aren't that different for the main rifles.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

ThePeavstenator posted:

Is there some general technique to spraying or is it literally just looking at the spray pattern on a wall and then practicing the counter-pattern?

http://imgur.com/a/SRlML

http://imgur.com/gallery/wGXzn

The latter, pretty much. Here's a helpful gallery showing the spray patterns and how to compensate for every weapon in the game.

e: haha, for all the times I've looked at those images, I've never paid attention to this one. The most useful spray:

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jul 21, 2017

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

ThePeavstenator posted:

Just figure out how far to pull down before the pattern starts going left/right.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Also watch autimatics video on it. Best tip I used to get better was to get very familiar with how much crouching drops your spray.

I often burst a little or tap then work in to my spray commit, and nothing has a video on that if my explanation sucked.

stump collector fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jul 21, 2017

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

mcvey posted:

Just figure out how far to pull down before the pattern starts going left/right.

I can do this fine for the most part. I'm just trying to get better at being able to do 3 and 4 man spray-downs.

I got a free smurf for taking a break for like 2 years so I'm just trying to practice good habits for when I make it back to my old rank.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

ThePeavstenator posted:

I can do this fine for the most part. I'm just trying to get better at being able to do 3 and 4 man spray-downs.

I got a free smurf for taking a break for like 2 years so I'm just trying to practice good habits for when I make it back to my old rank.

Consistently doing multiple target spray transfers in an area larger than dd2's tunnel into B a pretty big ask even at the highest ranks, so don't get discouraged when it's hard as gently caress

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

ThePeavstenator posted:

I'm just trying to get better at being able to do 3 and 4 man spray-downs.

You and everyone else in this game(including pros).

Go BIG

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Fair enough, from watching streams and pro games it seemed like mastering perfect spray control was necessary to get to that NEXT LEVEL.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

ThePeavstenator posted:

Fair enough, from watching streams and pro games it seemed like mastering perfect spray control was necessary to get to that NEXT LEVEL.

Yeah, but that's generally single target spraydowns at range, there's a reason why multiple ones are on highlight reels

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
lol I'm not even going to get a bronze trophy. BIG gonna lose, VP gonna lose.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Wtf BIG? Did someone slip some valium into their water?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
We're not on inferno anymore I guess :sigh:

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
They could still be competitive. Inferno next - depends how resilient they are I guess.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
They won a round!

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Popelmon posted:

Wtf BIG? Did someone slip some valium into their water?

When you are projected to win 0 gamed and become a legend team you basically already won the major

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

drunken officeparty posted:

Does the crosshair getting wide and spread out as you spray actually help. Does anyone ever use it.

From what I can tell the spread isn't precise to the actual spread of the bullet. When I used it for a week or so I found myself using it more to determine when my recoil had completely reset rather than for my actual sprays, but with some time you'll be able to just tell that without visuals. The only non-static crosshair I liked was the old cl_crosshairstyle 2 that was static on shot, but dynamic on movement, but they removed that a long time ago.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

stump collector posted:

When you are projected to win 0 gamed and become a legend team you basically already won the major

Definitely. They just had a very slow start, I guess they were nervous but they are actually finding back into the game. Map 2 will probably be a pretty exciting match.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
drat big, this has been a great half. Makes me optimistic it will at least be a full series.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Overtime is making me lose my drat mind.

Edit: LEGIJA

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jul 21, 2017

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Push El Burrito posted:

Overtime is making me lose my drat mind.

Rush B, no stop.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
:laffo: keev god drat I love that fat man.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

BIG comeback owns

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
Holy poo poo keev is konfig times a million lets go BIG

whodatwhere
Aug 24, 2013

that knife! HA

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
What the gently caress was that knife? That was great.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

xsf421 posted:

Rush B, no stop no pussy.

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???
I'm a BIGliever

Also I got a cobble souvenir package signed by God B. Should I open it

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Diddie posted:

I'm a BIGliever

I bet it has a Dragon Lore in it. They're guaranteed at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

loving hell, that was awesome. My German Bros wrecking Brazilians left and right. I really hope someone does the math on those nades, they must've done over 1k damage on their T side alone

Diddie posted:

I'm a BIGliever

I haven't checked yet but if I got a case signed by BIG, I'll open it. I sold the ones I got from the last majors but what's $25 in steam bucks when you could pull an irl car? Go big or go home imho