Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Why would anyone not just use a Chromecast and the NJPW app?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

or just from the chrome web browser. I only basically use chrome for media streaming but it was well worth the 30 bucks just for NJPW and CMLL. I've had zero issues with it all year

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Thauros posted:

or just from the chrome web browser. I only basically use chrome for media streaming but it was well worth the 30 bucks just for NJPW and CMLL. I've had zero issues with it all year

As we all know all tvs come with chrome installed.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Thauros posted:

Yeah, this is the easiest and cheapest solution. The first-gen Chromecast hardware kinda sucks butt, but for the most part, just plug a Chromecast into a TV and cast the Chrome tab to your TV. It's not screen mirroring, either, so you can do other poo poo on your PC or whatever if you have to.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

exploded mummy posted:

I assume he means cast from Chrome (on your computing device) to the Chromecast

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Thauros posted:

I've had nothing but problems with it, honestly. maybe I should stop wrapping my laptops in tinfoil.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

chromecast works better from my phone than from my computer for some reason but its totally fine on my phone

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I just put it on in the browser, tab over to twitter and guess at how good the matches were.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Sanada going to Mexico and doing trios with Rush and Pierroth would be the best thing for him.

He could learn so much from Pierroth.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

I'm predicting big things for Sanada in the G1 this year. I hope the guy has everything good come to him after his terrible experience in TNA.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

The Muta poo poo really killed his confidence too. I'm glad he found his feet in NJPW.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

SalTheBard posted:

terrible experience in TNA.

Is there any other kind of experience in TNA?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

exploded mummy posted:

uh, I have an 6 year old TV without any built in internet connectivity. It does have HDMI ports tho and like I assume for anyone else reading this I own at least one device capable of operating a chromecast.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

did sanada really have it bad in tna? he was a young guy that got pushed strongly in the x-division and had promoted feuds

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

They forced him into the Muta gimmick that pretty much killed his relationship with Mutoh and led to him trying to get him blackballed in Japan.

He really didn't enjoy his experience there. It wasn't Okada level but it nearly killed his love of wrestling.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

drat

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I mean you can argue that no one can judge what's going to set Mutoh off, and he was a young kid that didn't really get the response he was going to get from Mutoh.

In a way though it ended up freeing him up so that when Kojima pushed for him to come in, that he wasn't really tied down to anyone.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the finish of his match against mutoh is hysterical

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT9mBd3cK48&t=739s

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

getting blackballed into a bigger payday, the SANADA story.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

oatgan posted:

the finish of his match against mutoh is hysterical

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT9mBd3cK48&t=739s

by my count Muta forgot to kick out, ref counted three but said two, OR it was supposed to be moonsault -> mist on the first one.

almost sounds like they rung the bell after a two-count, too. yikes.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I like the ref standing looking baffled as to what happened even though he was like six inches away when Muta blew the mist in SANADA's face.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

I like the ref standing looking baffled as to what happened even though he was like six inches away when Muta blew the mist in SANADA's face.

But he didn't blow mist!

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I'm trying to find the press conference Mutoh made him do a day or so after the match where he's clearly uncomfortable as he announces he's decided to no longer wrestle in Japan and that instead he was going to continue his career in America, while all the time Mutoh is glaring at him.

Sanada doesn't work again in Japan for about 2 years until he comes in for NJPW.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

But he didn't blow mist!

He didn't? I thought it was just un-colored (I don't know if that has any significance) - did he straight up just spit in his face?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

He didn't? I thought it was just un-colored (I don't know if that has any significance) - did he straight up just spit in his face?

the capsule didn't break so yes he just spits in his face

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Someone needs to pull Sanada aside and tell him all he needs to do is fire up more towards the end of his matches. I'm hoping Kenny works their match in a way to elicit an emotional response from him; once he taps into that then boom, new main event player.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah from the feeling of Kenny's G1 Press conference and the lay out of the matches I get the feeling New Japan feels this way too. He had some good fire in some bits with Suzuki today and I hope Suzuki and Kenny can get Sanada to the next level. If not he could be passed by Tama Tonga who also seems to be getting a mini push.

Cause he'd slot in nicely for a post dome match with Naito if Naito wins the belt (or a post G1 Title shot at Okada)

Happy Happyist
Jul 23, 2007

I need your assistance to make the world blue and change it into a happy and peaceful society.
I met Sanada backstage when Slammiversary was in Texas. He was very handsome and very nice.

The end.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

did kojima push the office to get sanada. man kojima is cool

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Super No Vacancy posted:

did kojima push the office to get sanada. man kojima is cool

His Twitter game is also very good

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
kojima is the wrestledad who got typecast as a wrestledad way too early
his dome main event against tanahashi was treated like a retirement match and that was six wrestle kingdoms ago

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Did Mutoh run Kojima out of All Japan too? Usually it's so rare to see a Japanese top guy switch companies so have to figure Mutoh did something to run him out

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
RIP :daryl:

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
I never thought I'd have to witness murder on a wrestling show, makes me sick.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

That was legit upsetting. RIP :daryl:

Fale, you can go straight to hell!

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
what happened to Daryl

who hurt him

who hurt my daryl

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

shiksa posted:

what happened to Daryl

who hurt him

who hurt my daryl

Fale ripped him up :negative:

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006