Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

ThePariah posted:

I don't follow BOSJ, and I don't remember a count-out from the last few G1s. Though I do stop watching the non-great tournament matches after a few days.

Yano/Nagata in the B block last year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

YOSHI-HASHI you need to learn the fighting spirit of Juice Robinson!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
We have :daryl: repeat we have :daryl:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Just a public service for anybody new to NJPW, that while Kenny may have the best entrance theme, Minoru Suzuki has the greatest:

https://youtu.be/A0P-SgpwYnE

From Wrestle Kingdom a few years ago, Suzuki had the singer who wrote and performed "Kaze ni nare" live to bring him in. Dome can lose the crowd noise a bit due to the size, but believe me, that is a huge pop.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Tomorrow's show is the last of the Korakuen triple shot and is at the normal time of 5:30 EDT/10:30 BST

G1 Climax Night 4
July 22nd at 5:30 EDT/10:30 BST
Korakuen Hall

Kota Ibushi, Togi Makabe, and David Finlay vs. CHAOS (Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, and Gedo
CHAOS (YOSHI-HASHI and Jado) vs. Suzuki-gun (ZSJ and Desperado)
Hiroshi Tanahashi and Katsuya Kitamura vs.Yuji Nagata and Tomoyuki Oka
Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro, and Chase Owens) vs. L.I.J (Tetsuya Naito, Hiromu, BUSHI)
G1 Climax B Block Match:Satoshi Kojima [0] vs. Toru Yano [0]
G1 Climax B Block Match:Juice Robinson [2] vs. EVIL [0]
G1 Climax B Block Match:Minoru Suzuki [2] vs. SANADA [2]
G1 Climax B Block Match:Kenny Omega [2] vs. Tama Tonga [0]
G1 Climax B Block Match:Michael Elgin [0] vs. Kazuchika Okada [2]

Thauros fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jul 21, 2017

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Naito has more than 2 points :daryl:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Holy poo poo that main event for Night 4 :stare:

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

[quote="“harperdc”" post="“474579633”"]
Just a public service for anybody new to NJPW, that while Kenny may have the best entrance theme, Minoru Suzuki has the greatest:

From Wrestle Kingdom a few years ago, Suzuki had the singer who wrote and performed “Kaze ni nare” live to bring him in. Dome can lose the crowd noise a bit due to the size, but believe me, that is a huge pop.
[/quote]

For specificity’s sake, if anyone’s wondering the exact show, it’s Wrestle Kingdom 7, match 4: Suzuki vs Nagata. Match is worth the ten minutes it runs, too, if only because the crowd is into everything they do.

It’s also the last match to go on before we all witnessed Low Ki get himself blackballed from New Japan.

It is funny to go look at the cards of just five years ago and then look at the most recent ones and see how insane the surge of talent has been. There’s no Bullet Club back at this point (Karl Anderson is loving teaming with Goto on this card!), no New Japan Rumble to squeeze people into the card, and Akebono and Bob Sapp are both on the card.

The weirdest is Bushi teaming with Kushida and Taguchi to face Hiromu and... Liger and Tiger Mask?

Man, they have flipped the entire promotion upside down since then.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

harperdc posted:

From Wrestle Kingdom a few years ago, Suzuki had the singer who wrote and performed "Kaze ni nare" live to bring him in. Dome can lose the crowd noise a bit due to the size, but believe me, that is a huge pop.

Between this and Kairi Sane/Hojo, apparently Japanese women in pirate cosplay is a thing I'm down with now.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Goto's gonna lose in the finals of his block to Naito isn't he

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I know people usually skip the undercard but the Bullet Club match was so good and great build to the Kenny/Tama match tomorrow if you didn't watch it. Started off with goofy comedy stuff with a few digs at Cornette but good story telling. Especially with the English comedy.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

no because the block finals is Naito/Tanahashi. Goto/Ibushi will probably spoil one or the other on the last day though.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

YOSHI-HASHI is so good, and somehow still getting better at an age when he probably should have peaked.

I genuinely would love to see him get a real run with one of the titles just to see what he could do with it.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Baron Corbyn posted:

I know people usually skip the undercard but the Bullet Club match was so good and great build to the Kenny/Tama match tomorrow if you didn't watch it. Started off with goofy comedy stuff with a few digs at Cornette but good story telling. Especially with the English comedy.

Can confirm this was really fun to watch for an undercard tag match.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Thauros posted:

G1 Climax B Block Match:Minoru Suzuki [2] vs. SANADA [2]

Suzuki has 0 points.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

:eng101: Naito is facing Tanahashi in the block finals, Goto vs. Naito is 10 days prior.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Does Chono still use Team 2000 Crash when he makes appearances? That theme is so good.

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!

ThePariah posted:

Suzuki has 0 points.

:eng101: Naito is facing Tanahashi in the block finals, Goto vs. Naito is 10 days prior.

Noticed that, Tonga should have the 2.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

The Cameo posted:

It’s also the last match to go on before we all witnessed Low Ki get himself blackballed from New Japan.

Did he not clear the cosplay by them?

Kenny Omega's incredibly over. It's such a joy to watch him in the ring.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

KoldPT posted:

Did he not clear the cosplay by them?

They explicitly told him not to wear it.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Foul Fowl posted:

ibushi and zsj had an incredibly good match together. it's as good as it should have been.

Both of ZSJ's leg grab counters were really unique and impressive. I like his style of smart counter wrestling when he isn't also trying to out-strike much larger opponents.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I'm kind of impressed how well ZSJ has gotten his stuff over with the crowd. He's been booked roughly 50/50 since he's gotten there, but whenever he locks in a sub regardless of what it is the crowd bites and is absolutely into it thinking it could end the match.

The kick trading spot on the mat is probably my fave spot so far this g-1.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Skinty McEdger posted:

The kick trading spot on the mat is probably my fave spot so far this g-1.

It was so catty, I loved it

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ZSJ is almost too good at being a dick. I don't trust him now.

Also did anyone notice the big muscley young boy hold Finlay down so LIJ could beat up Juice? I think he's declared for them.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Elgin/Okada and Tama/Kenny are gonna be so good!

ZSJ joining Suzuki Gun has been good for him. Given him the edge he really needed!

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

ZSJ has stepped up his selling and pacing and it really shows

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Really want to watch Elgin/Okada live but the Korakuen Hall start times are murder in my time zone :(

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

This young lion is a monster :gonk:

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
DARYL IS DEAD

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
That poor stuffed cat.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

naito better kick his rear end tomorrow

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

What happened to Daryl? :ohdear:

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Jerusalem posted:

What happened to Daryl? :ohdear:

https://twitter.com/DK1105/status/888706915718631424

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bad start to the tournament for Kojim-

Jesus Christ man, NMS that poo poo :gonk:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

....juuuiiiccceeeeee....:ohdear:

Still I'm glad for EVIL. Even so... :smith:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Rip sanada

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Frankston posted:

Rip sanada

All of LIJ are dying tonight. EVIL, SANADA.... Daryl... :cry:

TheJunkyardGod
Sep 19, 2004

Do not taunt the Octopus
drat Tama calm down

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Bad start to the tournament for Kojim-

Jesus Christ man, NMS that poo poo :gonk:

It got a proper 1970's Terry Funk needs to be stabbed in the parking lot after the show pop.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Tama what are you doing!?! :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jerusalem posted:

Tama what are you doing!?! :ohdear:

What, no pun intended, is the angle here?

• Locked thread