Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Building trust within the game client despite the fact that the other guy is a stranger who can murder you at any time is very different from forming a party in advance and landing somewhere together. It's rare that it'd be beneficial but it shouldn't be forbidden by the rules when it works out. Just like in real battle royale or whatever.

In the hunger games the tributes from the better off districts would all team up and hunt the other players at the start of the game. This game is less violent then a young adult romance novel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

I did not, but I did have a kotaku article about GoonSwarm. I'll file this one away as well.

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

Professional Procrastinator

Posigniat posted:

Is there a program that would allow me to play without recording whole sessions but I press a button and it grabs the last minute or two of game play? I was in a match yesterday where either his client was messing up or he was cheating.

I was on the second floor of a building and the guy comes up through the floor like a land shark, shoots me before dipping back below the floorboards and relocating. He did this one more time which killed me off and I would love to have some proof to show the devs.

OBS does that and it works for every card. It also uses the same backend as shadowplay but you don't have to have the cancerous nvidia updater installed. It's pretty fantastic

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

I love running from the blue for 10 minutes. Thanks Playerunknown!

Asians are real bad at this game though.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

RizieN posted:

^^ sometimes its fun to watch someone perform at the highest level in a game. Every game is almost like a new movie. You shouldn't be staring at streamers and throwing money at them 24/7, but you shouldn't do that with anything.

re: Dramatica - Hahahaha that's amazing. At least in PUBG a lot of those things aren't possible. I don't see how we can ruin PUBG for anyone since it's not a persistent world, and there's a blue line that moves. The real losers are those pussies that hide in bathtubs with shotties and just camp with their 8x on the Driver's side window of the vehicle you're going to get in in 5 minutes when you leave military.

This is from the noted bad game, Mechwarrior Online. It's not so much of a "look at this interesting event we created," but rather "we managed to make a lovely game look amazing with this sizzle reel."

Which is a thing unto itself. Also this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?szyzyg is a goon, not sure if you want to leverage that relationship towards your application as well.

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jul 21, 2017

Myrmidongs
Oct 26, 2010

Finally found one of the things that was causing the game to look like a blurry mess of vaseline.

Navigate to
%AppData%\Local\TslGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

Open GameUserSettings.ini with notepad

Make sure these are set to your resolution. For some unknown reason mine was set to 1280x720.

DesiredScreenWidth=1920
DesiredScreenHeight=1080

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

RizieN posted:

They'll only give out 2 clients

That kinda sucks. In that case, would it be a good idea to make sure that those who do get those clients are from different regions so we can get as many games as possible going throughout the day? I'm not sure which regions you and WBG are from but it'd kinda suck if goons from certain parts of the world miss out because it turns the two of you are from the same region. If you guys are from different regions then I'd say it's fine

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

Parallel Playa posted:

That kinda sucks. In that case, would it be a good idea to make sure that those who do get those clients are from different regions so we can get as many games as possible going throughout the day? I'm not sure which regions you and WBG are from but it'd kinda suck if goons from certain parts of the world miss out because it turns the two of you are from the same region. If you guys are from different regions then I'd say it's fine

This is something to be considered. I believe we're both from NA actually. I assume we could host EU custom games the same way we can play on EU servers. Do we have an EU representative among us?

I_Socom
Jul 18, 2007

A great ride that requires finesse and effort to get the best out of it.

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Ace online/air rivals/space cowboy from several years ago had a pretty heavy goon presence and our clan dominated that game.

https://youtu.be/SP_sS5mPBU0

Mostly though everyone hates us
https://youtu.be/ntp4DZ8F82U

Oh man I remember AR, it was SO much fun getting together with goons for the mothership wars. Good times!

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

RizieN posted:

This is something to be considered. I believe we're both from NA actually. I assume we could host EU custom games the same way we can play on EU servers. Do we have an EU representative among us?

I'm sure regions don't matter when it comes to ability to connect, it's more to do with time slots I'd say. It'd probably be preferable to (theoretically) have goon games going for a prolonged period, rather than having two going simultaneously but for a shorter time. I'm from EU, for what it's worth, but I'm sure there's many more of us and I'd bet there's at least a few who stream more often (and more entertainingly) than I do.

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jul 21, 2017

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

RizieN posted:

I did not, but I did have a kotaku article about GoonSwarm. I'll file this one away as well.

Here's an old classic from Mechwarrior Online:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w13_uTNW7cc

There's also Armagoons:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGGRNa4NvAU

Name a game, there's a goon presence. I can go digging, if needed.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I just remembered, there were also some goon rocket league tournaments called Jostlemania of which there are quite a few clips on youtube. Haven't seen them myself but it might be worth checking out

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
Here's Scott Manley's video on the Fountain War, the largest war in Eve:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZQ4ejFq7BY

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

More goons in mount and blade mods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgqMnNJzHrI

Make sure to include the words "proud lineage."

VulgarandStupid fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jul 22, 2017

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.
Aim tips!

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Ok, I'm actually mad about this one

Yes, the car was full, and yes, it charged our shack for some godforsaken reason

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
Tell them lowtax got his rear end kicked by uve boll.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Because they knew you were in the with 6 alive and wanted to trap you?

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Probably, but seems hilarious to sacrifice your entire team to do it. Plus I don't think I could wedge that car in there if I tried

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Squad game with the goons ended in the best way I think.

12 people left, only 1 left for our squad. He crawls to the 2nd to last circle and just stayed there. 3 squads start killing each other across the circle with no knowledge the goon is left. Final circle comes and 4 are left. He crawls to up and manages to shutgun 2 down without them noticing. The final guy starts to shot but is hitting one of the dead bodies. He loots a crate, gets ammo, and takes a few shots and it's chicken dinner time.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
Ok which one of you is America's Next TopGoon?

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

dylguy90 posted:

Probably, but seems hilarious to sacrifice your entire team to do it. Plus I don't think I could wedge that car in there if I tried

I'd sacrifice my team for two games if it meant I could trap someone in a fuckboi shack in the top 10 like that

SnakesandScorpions
Apr 4, 2015
So I know this game is early access, but why is this game chugging so much in FPS? I just died because my game decided to be a slideshow during a gunfight. It seems to happen consistently with shooting out into the blue ring. The strange thing is that my computer is not old at all! It can run the Witcher 3 no problem, but this game really needs optimization.

I mean what exactly is the hold up? I know next to nothing about video game development, but is optimization like the last thing you do during development?

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Who would win in a 1v1 of ChocoTaco and Grimmmmmmzzzzzz?

DrPlump fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jul 22, 2017

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

SnakesandScorpions posted:

I mean what exactly is the hold up? I know next to nothing about video game development, but is optimization like the last thing you do during development?

I don't mean to be glib, but basically yes. UI usability and optimizations tend to come last, unless they're critical to a planned feature, because you want to take on the full breadth of the requirements at one time. If you try to over-optimize along the way, you waste time and inevitably undo your work with the next seemingly simple widget you have to rush.

That being said, this is supposedly a beta and not an alpha, despite it missing a bunch of v1.0 features, which is the traditional time for "hardening", but...kids these days...

ILL Machina fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jul 22, 2017

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
After 4 hours of gameplay I have managed to reach the top three for the first time, I know it's not much of an accomplishment but I never play shooters and I got 4 kills in that round compared to my usual 0, so I'm happy :unsmith:

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dylguy90 posted:

Ok, I'm actually mad about this one

Yes, the car was full, and yes, it charged our shack for some godforsaken reason

This is amazing.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Myrmidongs posted:

Finally found one of the things that was causing the game to look like a blurry mess of vaseline.

Navigate to

Make sure these are set to your resolution. For some unknown reason mine was set to 1280x720.

DesiredScreenWidth=1920
DesiredScreenHeight=1080

Mine was also set to 1280x720, so I'll report back to what is like the next time I play

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Myrmidongs posted:

Navigate to

DesiredScreenWidth=1920
DesiredScreenHeight=1080

Pretty sure this does nothing, I think the "desired" thing is just a default if you haven't picked a resolution or something.

ResolutionSizeX=1920
ResolutionSizeY=1200
LastUserConfirmedResolutionSizeX=1920
LastUserConfirmedResolutionSizeY=1200

These variables were correctly set.

MrBadidea
Apr 1, 2009

Taffer posted:

Pretty sure this does nothing, I think the "desired" thing is just a default if you haven't picked a resolution or something.

ResolutionSizeX=1920
ResolutionSizeY=1200
LastUserConfirmedResolutionSizeX=1920
LastUserConfirmedResolutionSizeY=1200

These variables were correctly set.

iirc the Desired values are used when the game asks you to confirm if you want to actually change video settings in-engine. Maybe. The whole game options class is a loving mess and I swiftly drank all knowledge of that poo poo clean out of my memory as soon as I was done touching it last time.

chocoTaco
Jul 22, 2017
hey guys! it's chocoTaco. I'm new to the forums...thought you guys might enjoy my first PUBG video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25DdVZeT6q8

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

chocoTaco posted:

hey guys! it's chocoTaco. I'm new to the forums...thought you guys might enjoy my first PUBG video

Welcome!

Glad we got one of the good streamers and not one of the crybaby drama queens.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

who told him to register

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

chocoTaco posted:

can you troll grimmmz on our behalf?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I don't really watch streams but I like the elementary school lunch dessert choice - welcome aboard.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
its against the rules to work together in a solo game right? i just got rolled by a pair of guys who didnt shoot eachother and seemed to actively avoid shooting eachother even

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
Had a pretty good first night last night.

I avenged TCJimbo's early death by single highhandedly (though through his glitchy quiet mic he gave me hotkey and mechanical advice) semi-Ramboing my way to victory.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

violent sex idiot posted:

its against the rules to work together in a solo game right? i just got rolled by a pair of guys who didnt shoot eachother and seemed to actively avoid shooting eachother even

Yup. There's a way to submit footage I think. Happened to me in two different duo games last night, so annoying.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

How on earth is the name chocoTaco still available after 17+ years of this stupid forum??

Also, welcome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Myrmidongs posted:

Navigate to

DesiredScreenWidth=1920
DesiredScreenHeight=1080

i loving love you, i legit thought this was how the game was supposed to look and it pissed me off to no end

• Locked thread