Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

While I was going through dailies and was in the area, I decided to do what was recommended here about taking a look at the Black House when in spirit. I didn't expect this but it made sense.

Would've been nice if after putting her to rest her spirit left too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Once you're done with an area take the time to run around in anima form and see what's up. There are appropriate... things in most of the setpiece areas you'd expect things to be.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kessel posted:

Once you're done with an area take the time to run around in anima form and see what's up. There are appropriate... things in most of the setpiece areas you'd expect things to be.

The covered bridge in Kingsmouth is spooky.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Thursday Next posted:

I'm above 160 tank or dps now. Anyone else here interested in lairs?

Add Drinkfist to your friends list. I am about 155 Tank and DPS. We are gonna need a healer.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Drinkfist posted:

Add Drinkfist to your friends list. I am about 155 Tank and DPS. We are gonna need a healer.

Working on it. I've got the skills just need the gear

Burnt Poffin
Oct 10, 2012

M_Sinistrari posted:

Would've been nice if after putting her to rest her spirit left too.

It could be set up like while the mission is on cooldown, the ghost is gone and you can enter through the front door, then when it's up again it goes back to normal.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
What's the theorycrafting on how much +hit you need at 50 to prevent glances?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Burnt Poffin posted:

It could be set up like while the mission is on cooldown, the ghost is gone and you can enter through the front door, then when it's up again it goes back to normal.

That's not how ghosts work

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

angerbeet posted:

That's not how ghosts work

prove it

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
Schrodinger's ghost.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Corrupted secret worlders haunt the thread

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017
So, for people really confused about the story, or who want to know more about the lore, apparently the villains wiki has some of the most detailed summaries of the story of SWL.

See here: Secret world villains . The one about the dreamers, in particular, is good to read about the whole thing.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Meallan posted:

So, for people really confused about the story, or who want to know more about the lore, apparently the villains wiki has some of the most detailed summaries of the story of SWL.

See here: Secret world villains . The one about the dreamers, in particular, is good to read about the whole thing.

Looks pretty excellent so far. Thanks for the tip. :tipshat:

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017
Yeah. Basically if you read these, and then some basic explanation of anima and the lore entries for agartha, etc. Then you'll come out of it knowing the plot of this game pretty well and above much of the playing population.

It's a shame that I basically can only find such articles in the... villains wiki... And not on a tsw wiki.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I would read the poo poo out of a tsw wiki with all the lore, mission turn in text, and the extra stuff nobody asks npcs because I can read faster then they talk, also because you have to do it multiple times to exhaust everything they have to say.

CHESTON get on it brah

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Len posted:

I would read the poo poo out of a tsw wiki with all the lore, mission turn in text, and the extra stuff nobody asks npcs because I can read faster then they talk, also because you have to do it multiple times to exhaust everything they have to say.

CHESTON get on it brah

Every time we find a new NPC, we sit and click through every blue talking dialogue until they're done. So much talking. Especially the loving group in the Templar library.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

Len posted:

CHESTON get on it brah

I started working on one in like 2014 but I'm too far out of the game now :shrug: I'll see if I still have those text message archives hugh(?) extracted, now that I know something higher-level than C++ I'll probably find time to parse them into something readable.

That wiki article on the Dreamers does sum things up well though. It was fun picking through all of the lore, contextual clues (enemy names, buff/debuff names, environmental stuff), faction texts, etc... to get a picture of what was going on. It did take away a lot of the surprise from the Tokyo ending, though. Except for Daemon. You can't predict Daemon.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Cheston posted:

I started working on one in like 2014 but I'm too far out of the game now :shrug: I'll see if I still have those text message archives hugh(?) extracted, now that I know something higher-level than C++ I'll probably find time to parse them into something readable.

That wiki article on the Dreamers does sum things up well though. It was fun picking through all of the lore, contextual clues (enemy names, buff/debuff names, environmental stuff), faction texts, etc... to get a picture of what was going on. It did take away a lot of the surprise from the Tokyo ending, though. Except for Daemon. You can't predict Daemon.

I should have the RDB extractors on my old computer. Been considering taking a peek under the hood of SWL.

Edit: Here are the mission texts from TSW; however, I don't believe they have the Tokyo content.
Dragon
Templar
Illuminati

Variable Haircut fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jul 22, 2017

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Variable Haircut posted:

I should have the RDB extractors on my old computer. Been considering taking a peek under the hood of SWL.

Edit: Here are the mission texts from TSW; however, I don't believe they have the Tokyo content.
Dragon
Templar
Illuminati

Since they mention UTA there is a bit of tokyo content in there

After reading through it ALL the tokyo content is there, so watch out for spoilers.

Exmond fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jul 22, 2017

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Phanatic posted:

No idea so I went for maximum overkill - two simple and one intricate accurate glyphs. Did the job, I can say that much.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

7/22/2017 12:31 AM
/STUCK GOT ME UNSTUCK

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Len posted:

/STUCK GOT ME UNSTUCK

Funcom posted:

Imagine if every myth, conspiracy theory and urban legend was true.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Meallan posted:

Yeah. Basically if you read these, and then some basic explanation of anima and the lore entries for agartha, etc. Then you'll come out of it knowing the plot of this game pretty well and above much of the playing population.

It's a shame that I basically can only find such articles in the... villains wiki... And not on a tsw wiki.

Closest I've found is https://wiki.crygaia.org/view/Lore I'm not sure how up to date it is but it's at least something.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Phanatic posted:

916 for lairs, 1526 for regional bosses, 1882 for nightmare bosses. Not sure where elites are in there. I see 255 for dungeon bosses so I'm assuming that's it. FYI a 2 pip vs 3 pip lv 20 red hit glyph is 1040 and 1156. They're saying we have 750 base hit but I don't know what base means there. Each 50 hit rating is 1% glance reduction.

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017

Len posted:

CHESTON get on it brah

CryGaia has all the dialogue and end mission reports of tons of missions. Including Tokyo ones. One of the missions they have there for example. They also have all dialogue spoke by some of the in world characters. Here's Sonnac, for example.

PSA: Tokyo missions are also there but since this wiki has obviously stopped being well kept for a while, you're probably going to have to search them by name.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Len posted:

/STUCK GOT ME UNSTUCK

No vords!!

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Ugh, I legit think my biggest gripe with the game is overly-involved side quests that don't even have the decency to give you unique completion text. The one that inspired me to post this was the one in Egypt where you first need to gently caress around all the rooftops to find four satellite dishes, and THEN (if you're doing it legit, which I didn't) you need to do enough work to put some investigation missions to shame to find the coordinates and passcode for a box, after all of which you get a resounding... canned response.

You don't even get to find out what's in the box!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Len posted:

CHESTON get on it brah

I have the attention-deficit disorder, so I want to read all the lore until I get into the game, when I feel compelled to do missions instead. I wish there were some way to read it all when I'm not playing.

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017

prefect posted:

I have the attention-deficit disorder, so I want to read all the lore until I get into the game, when I feel compelled to do missions instead. I wish there were some way to read it all when I'm not playing.

CryGaia has a lot of the lore, but if you have an android phone there's also an app on the play store called Legends Library.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

dmboogie posted:

Ugh, I legit think my biggest gripe with the game is overly-involved side quests that don't even have the decency to give you unique completion text. The one that inspired me to post this was the one in Egypt where you first need to gently caress around all the rooftops to find four satellite dishes, and THEN (if you're doing it legit, which I didn't) you need to do enough work to put some investigation missions to shame to find the coordinates and passcode for a box, after all of which you get a resounding... canned response.

You don't even get to find out what's in the box!

That one was super easy, though. If you can recognize that one is binary, you can pretty easily guess the rest are "computer codes" and lots of sites translate multiple encodings at once so you can find out what it was. Then when you put them all together it's pretty obvious that each column only has one letter. I liked that one. Of course I'm doing every one naturally and I'm currently stuck in cotsg where I need to find a few tablets and I keep getting hints all about Egyptian lore.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Richard M Nixon posted:

They're saying we have 750 base hit but I don't know what base means there. Each 50 hit rating is 1% glance reduction.

Is that before or after all SP expenditures?

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Tallgeese posted:

Is that before or after all SP expenditures?

Richard M Nixon posted:

but I don't know what base means

I can't figure it out from the spreadsheet. They just wrote "750 base hit". I do see that maxing out all SP lines does give 756 hit so it may all come from there and we actually have 0 hit. As far as I can tell, there's no hit rating listed on our char sheet so I imagine they were just parsing them smashing on a dummy for an hour to figure out glance chance.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
How is the relaunched game?

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

How is the relaunched game?

Pretty alright.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Where do you start the Tyler Freeborn quest? I looked at the guide and went to the location 141,209 in Blue Mountain but the starting point wasn't there

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

theblackw0lf posted:

Where do you start the Tyler Freeborn quest? I looked at the guide and went to the location 141,209 in Blue Mountain but the starting point wasn't there

You must be a certain level and I think have progressed past a certain point in the game. I don't have the coords, but it will show up on your map as "SD card" and is just to the north of a bridge.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

theblackw0lf posted:

It's near where the Undying Postman Champion boss is.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

So, is there any way at all to play this with a controller? Either officially or unofficially with some sort of middleman program?

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

the_steve posted:

So, is there any way at all to play this with a controller? Either officially or unofficially with some sort of middleman program?

There's a steam controller profile here. I'm sure there's some program that lets you bind xinput to keyboard controls if you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Offhand, does anyone know if the clothes bought through the dressing room for marks/aurum is account bound or character bound? I know it's already gender specific.