Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Holy gently caress, FRIENDSHIP CHAT!

Paul, Whistlenuts, and Kevin.
The Dom Show was canclled due to low ratings.

Oh my goodness gracious XD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
Yea, Jess was... alright all week. She shouldn't have gotten into it with Josh and she said too much poo poo to Alex that always got spread throughout the house.

I don't vote in the DoT stuff, but I honestly was hoping Jess would get it. As a new BoB person I sometimes find myself mixing up who I am rooting for. At times I am able to put aside personal feelings and root for people based on game stuff, but a lot of times I don't care how good or bad somebodies game is I just dislike or like somebody. Some days I want Paul out, but some times I think the game would be boring as hell without him. Jess has a pretty poo poo game from what I've seen, but compared to the girls in this house I don't mind her that much. She seems.... fun?... when she isn't talking game. So as a stream watcher I find myself going "Yea, her game sucks, but compared to Raven, Xmas, and Alex I'd rather watch Jess. " If it wasn't for X's bum rear end foot she would probably be my favorite, though.

But.... I was also hoping Cody would come back. And upon seeing the loving NOMS they put up I just can't...even...

e: I had hope for Alex. Sure, I get it, you can't just come out gunning for the majority cause that may mean you go home the very next week. But that doesn't mean you don't have to become ANOTHER puppet of Paul's. I just don't get it. Here is a guy who was on the other side of your numbers, in the majority,a vet with obviously a strong game, not on your side for 20+ days and the minute you come into power he comes to stroke your ego and you... fall for it... I had hope that Jody would get their REVENGE they wanted. But then again, who could they possibly get on their side that isn't in Paul's pocket? Ramses? Kevin and Alex are in Paul's pocket. Josh hates Cody.

CancerStick fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jul 22, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think people gave up on Alex too soon. She had a really good HOH week. The fact that Paul had a hand in it shouldn't change that. And she didn't do everything Paul wanted because Paul wanted Mark up. Granted, Jason had a big hand in that not happening but Alex was never on board and clearly Jason had her blessing not to use the POV.

I don't know if Alex is gonna stick with Paul all season. I do think she trusts him right now and I don't think that's terrible gameplay. She's valuable to him and that gives him reason to not betray her. For now. The question will be as things go forward and if Alex can make sure to protect herself WHEN he turns on her. And she's actually doing well with that so far. She has Jason. She did work to get better with Mark, Elena, Raven, and Matt last week. She's keeping Kevin at arm's reach since she realized he was sketchy. She made up with Josh. Now she's making nice with Christmas.

Alex is dumb but I actually think she's playing one of the better games in the house. I think people just got really invested in the idea of "Paul and Cool Kids vs Alex and the Outsiders" and that's almost always a fool's bet. The game's more complicated than that and those gang wars don't happen often (and usually aren't as fun as they seem).

Jess' problem is she's too self absorbed to have genuine awareness of her standing. She MUST think she's way better in the house than she really is. That's the only explanation for not making a big move to shake up the house or take out a big player. I mean, she's got a safety net in her pocket that's only good for 2 more weeks. But she still played it safe this week with easy noms. And she apparently doesn't understand that everyone in the house distrusts Ramses while a lot of people like Josh, so her target probably isn't going home this week.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The scooter almost makes up for the bad on the feeds.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

From the little I've heard it sounds like (a) Josh is the target, (b) everyone is pretty well set on loving over Jess and keeping him, and (c) Jess has no idea.

Apparently that Josh breakdown we saw was preceded by Paul and Kevin telling him he was safe and he should put on a show about being in danger. That must be why he was saying "this is what loyalty gets you." People say they saw it on After Dark.

It sounds like Mark and Elena crawled up Cody and Jess' rear end and everyone is sketched out by it. That also must be why Josh was ranting about Mark. Matt and Raven were just discussing it. Matt thinks they're just floating and will go with the numbers but Raven thinks Mark will fight it and stick with Jody.

This is what I figured would happen if Mark went back to Cody. He's basically sending a giant message to the rest of the house that Cody was telling the truth that Mark was with him on the Paul/Christmas backdoor and all Mark's emotional poo poo for 3 weeks has been an act. I just didn't think Mark would be dumb enough to do that. But I guess I underestimated him.

Matt: So if we send Ramses home, are we going to tell Mark and Elena about that?
Christmas: Noooooooooooooo.
Matt: That's what I thought, but just thought I'd ask.

Christmas seems to have rebounded into a better position than she was in before the hinky vote. And Mark and Elena seem to have done a ton of damage to their games since we last saw them.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I caught a Jody strategy talk. They think that if they don't isolate themselves then they have a really good chance of not being targeted next week. Then they ranted awhile about how "these people" are scum and should "go gently caress yourselves". And Dom saw the light and blah blah blah. The King and Queen are back fully.

Also saw Jason, Kevin, and Alex talking about Josh ruining "the plan" if he acts too comfortable so the whole house (besides Mark and Elena) seem to be in on the plan to blindside Jess/Cody/Ramses.

This week could turn around with a second Jody blindside. I mean, it will still be a boring week but a really fun Thursday if this holds up. But its a long week.

Oh, and Raven told Paul she's in MENSA. So add that to the list.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Wait, did Cody win HOH?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Jessica did.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

But not Russians. He like Russians.

The Far Right embracing Russia is just one of the many things that are incomprehensible in US politics right now.

Also, based on people in the military both old and young I've known, only assholes and fakes brag about the people they've killed.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cody basically loves telling Jessica how he loves killing people. Like, he doesn't say he joins the military out of a sense of patriotism or service or to protect people or liberties. He says he did it so he could kill people. He says he wants a war so he can kill more people and he doesn't care who they are. He just misses killing people and hopes he gets another war* to do it in.

I don't know how anyone could hear him say this stuff and not come away that he's a psychopath and like every terrible possibility to a "soldier". I don't think all soldiers are violent psychos. But Cody seems very proud to be one and to be his entire reason for being.

And yes, Cody triggers my lifelong belief that the only people who boast about what badasses they are are overcompensating liars.

*I don't know military stuff but there's still a couple of wars we're in and I feel like if Cody wants to serve so bad wouldn't he be able to unless there was a reason they didn't want him? Although he probably just wants a more agressive one where there's no rules of engagement or nothing and he can just go on a spree.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

STAC Goat posted:

Cody basically loves telling Jessica how he loves killing people. Like, he doesn't say he joins the military out of a sense of patriotism or service or to protect people or liberties. He says he did it so he could kill people. He says he wants a war so he can kill more people and he doesn't care who they are. He just misses killing people and hopes he gets another war* to do it in.

I don't know how anyone could hear him say this stuff and not come away that he's a psychopath and like every terrible possibility to a "soldier". I don't think all soldiers are violent psychos. But Cody seems very proud to be one and to be his entire reason for being.

And yes, Cody triggers my lifelong belief that the only people who boast about what badasses they are are overcompensating liars.

*I don't know military stuff but there's still a couple of wars we're in and I feel like if Cody wants to serve so bad wouldn't he be able to unless there was a reason they didn't want him? Although he probably just wants a more agressive one where there's no rules of engagement or nothing and he can just go on a spree.

The wars have cooled down to the point where we barely have people seeing combat compared to the height of the war. We still have people stationed but it is a very small number compared to what we had previously. That said, the fact that he has opted to be on Big Brother, and has gone through that whole process, instead of doing just about anything else, including "private contractor" (aka mercenary), probably reveals more of the truth about him than anything else.

But Cody continues to prove how awful BB casting is.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

"STAC Goat" posted:

It's definitely this. Cody probably didn't do anything. He's one of those guys that thinks being in the military should mean everyone jacks you off on demand.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Professor Shark posted:

The Far Right embracing Russia is just one of the many things that are incomprehensible in US politics right now.

Also, based on people in the military both old and young I've known, only assholes and fakes brag about the people they've killed.

It's not just right now. I wrote this with Grant Stern https://thesternfacts.com/how-one-man-influenced-the-republican-partys-transformation-into-the-grand-old-putin-party-141589792320

Anyways, Jody is worse than Aaryn and her racist crew.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I don't actually believe Cody's killed a lot of people. I imagine his story is a lot closer to Caleb's (where he talked about all the action he saw but in reality he was a prison guard and was kicked out early) than Chris Kyle (who was also a liar as proven in a court of law).

But like with both Kyle and Cody the fact that they're lying about how many people they killed doesn't really change the fact that they seem so proud of it and lustful to kill people. If I ever actually met someone like that I'd just back away slowly and make sure to get them out of my life completely.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

One guy I knew growing up but lost touch with turned out to be very good at killing people, according to mutual friends. He left the military to become a fireman because killing people is traumatic and helping people feels good :shrug:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I have friends who are military. A couple of marines. A navy seal. A bunch of army reservists who have done multiple tours of Afghanistan. I don't disown them or anything. I like them a lot.

At no point in our relationship have they ever boasted about how many people they killed or how much they loved it. Mostly they talk about the places they've been, people they've met, and some decent deeds or weird things they've done. There's some obvious conflict stuff but they prefer not to really talk about it and I respect that.

Someone like Cody who would boast about how much they like to kill would just send me running away.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

I have friends who are military. A couple of marines. A navy seal. A bunch of army reservists who have done multiple tours of Afghanistan. I don't disown them or anything. I like them a lot.

At no point in our relationship have they ever boasted about how many people they killed or how much they loved it. Mostly they talk about the places they've been, people they've met, and some decent deeds or weird things they've done. There's some obvious conflict stuff but they prefer not to really talk about it and I respect that.

Someone like Cody who would boast about how much they like to kill would just send me running away.

A former friend of mine - with dead eyes like Cody - joined the military to kill people. I never talked to him again.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jason and Cody talked a ton this morning. Its the usual thing with Cody calling everyone pussies and Jason calling Christmas crazy. And Jason naturally gives up too much info as he always does.

After that Cody tells Jess that Jason admitted he voted him out. This surprises Jess since she thought he voted to keep Cody. Cody says Kevin said he voted to keep him and correctly figures that Christmas must have been the other vote. Jess bullshits that she knew Kevin and Christmas were votes but thought Jason was too. Which of course makes no sense since there were only 3 votes so that would mean Jessica voted out Cody. But I think being "right" is Jess's priority here.

Cody and Jess are making "efforts" to socialize but it basically amounts to them leaving the HOH for 30-60 minutes at a time and then going back upstairs to complain about everyone. They think they're not isolating themselves.

I don't see myself watching a ton this week but today should be POV. But no pick yet so probably another late one.

Also, today I learned that SurvivorSucks has a large Alex Jones base. Which really helps a lot of my "BB draws conspiracy nuts" theories I've been throwing around for years.

MrBuddyLee
Aug 24, 2004
IN DEBUT, I SPEW!!!

ToastyPotato posted:

But Cody continues to prove how awful BB casting is.
Agreed, though I do think he's been a lightning rod for positive and negative attention in the Trump era, and by tv standards almost any attention is good attention. I think he makes better tv than feeds, because "The Psycho" doesn't have to get a lot of airtime for Production to be able to weave him into the house story. They're getting a lot of play out of simple things like lingering on his dead-eyed stare for that extra half-second of crazy. Ironically, he'll be remembered in BB history not for a single word he said, but rather for his awkward silences, glares and those half-second stares.

Oh, and for boning.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I think Matt is currently my favorite because it seems like he doesn't care too much for Big Brother

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, as much as I hate Cody he was kind of a great casting choice in terms of TV character. They got a lot of mileage out of his dead eyed psycho thing and made him a bit of a joke (which I'm sure he'll love when he finds out). His story actually ended perfectly if it weren't for the Battle Back. Even there if he and Jess manage to get blindsided AGAIN? Well drat. BB couldn't script that TV better. But then the Hex risks ruining a second perfect ending.

As usual BB's (or any CBS reality game show) problem is too many twists getting in the way of some natural storytelling.

Casting people who say offensive poo poo on the feeds and have unlikable personalities is just going to always be a reality of this poo poo. They clearly cast a tamer audience for BB16 after the disaster of BB15 and people kind of hated that season for being too dull. If they want drama they have to cast people who are "off" and if they do that they're going to get some real assholes. And those assholes are going have their fans.

I think BB15 was a bit of a perfect storm of a terrible bunch of people, a terrible house atmosphere, and the real setting in of the affect of social media on feed watching. Now its not just a small group of people who see the bad stuff people say. Thanks to Twitter and Youtube and Tumbler and a lot of other things I don't know because I'm old a HG describing a black mask as "black face" hits TMZ within 24 hours. But in a weird way I think BB15 kind of set a bar for how bad things could get that gives them a lot of leeway for people like Cody or Paulie who are bad but isolated and not drawing a world of attention.

And of course, here's what Leslie Moonves, head of CBS and husband of Julie Chen feels about things.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/leslie-moonves-donald-trump-may-871464

quote:

Leslie Moonves can appreciate a Donald Trump candidacy.

Not that the CBS executive chairman and CEO might vote for the Republican presidential frontrunner, but he likes the ad money Trump and his competitors are bringing to the network.

"It may not be good for America, but it's drat good for CBS," he said of the presidential race.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

MrBuddyLee posted:

he'll be remembered in BB history not for a single word he said, but rather for his awkward silences, glares and those half-second stares.

Oh, and for boning.

:stare: So says you, MrBuddyLee. So says you. :stare:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yes. I'm never, ever retiring that one. That's classic.

For now on, for me, whenever any BB HG is called out on their poo poo and left speechless it will be a "So says you!" moment in my mind (and probably my posts).

Also, I get the feeling he's gonna ride "alphas" and "betas" hard in his second run and I could see it becoming a hilarious show joke.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

STAC Goat posted:

Also, today I learned that SurvivorSucks has a large Alex Jones base. Which really helps a lot of my "BB draws conspiracy nuts" theories I've been throwing around for years.

They must have been very triggered by the gay frog costumes.

Also the best Cody storyline is every week he is either in power and the vote doesn't go the way he thinks, or he is nominated to go home.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm trying to figure out a way for Cody and Jess to get blindsided this week, spend next week on the block, use the Hex, win HOH again, and get blindsided a third time. I just can't figure out how to make them plausibly stupid enough to do it a third time. Maybe they do something like put up Paul and Mark, completely think Paul is going home, and then Mark gets tossed?

And I'm trying to temper my expectations for it happening a second time. This feels too good to be true and POV could screw it up. No jinxing.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

POV pick happened. Christmas was chosen again. Not sure who else. Ramses asked Christmas if she'd use the POV on him. She did not say yes. She assured Ramses that he's fine and Josh is the target and suggested that if he wins POV he might want to talk to Jess and avoid her having to put a third person up.

Christmas talking to Matt and Raven. Basically Christmas sells that Mark was with Cody in Week 1 to try and get her out but when the numbers flipped she did, then he voted to keep Cody in Week 2 to try and make it up to him and then threw HOH and went back to him this week. Its interesting since she's right about most of it but also clearly trying to frame him for her hinky vote. Matt says its pretty blatant that Mark and Elena are cozying up to Jody and kissing up to Ramses. Matt says Mark's been an rear end in a top hat to Ramses for weeks and now he's pretending to be his friend. They wonder who Alex and Jason will side with on this vote and they all think Alex will come to them. Matt says its about trust in the end and Cody killed that. They discuss throwing next week's HOH to Alex or Jason and and Christmas proposes putting up Jess and Elena to guarantee they can backdoor one of Mark or Cody and assure a couple is on the block.

Christmas: Evil Christmas is out.

Jess and Ramses talking in the bathroom. Water running so its unclear. Something about Jess assuring Ramses he's a pawn and safe and wishing she had another option that would have ruffled less feathers. Jess asks Ramses to send Alex to her in HOH.

Raven has her stitches out but is complaining about other stuff.

Jess asks Alex if she's "not exactly thrilled with nominations" and Alex confirms she's not. Jess says she knows Alex "can manipulate" Josh but he's a "distraction" to Jess who is "constantly throwing off [her] equilibrium." She says she needs him out before she can go after bigger targets. Alex says she understands and they both broke a pair of her glasses so she's not happy with either. Jess says she doesn't want to hurt the numbers with "that side" vs "the other" and she's still with them. She apparently is still in Week 1 mode and thinks its Cool Kids vs Outsiders. Alex just plays along. Jess reveals Jason was chosen for POV and she doesn't want him using it.

Cody boasting about beating Cameron and mocking him and how he didn't even speak to him. Cody tells Mark that they can make a run of it. Mark says he loves Cody and Jess so much and wants to go deep with them. Cody is very satisfied and Mark says he's hasn't been this happy since Week 1. They talk about how awesome Jess is to stand by Cody and how happy Mark is for her. Mark basically says how much he hates everyone and missed being smug with Cody and Jess and was so mad about everyone not backing him in the Josh fight. They think its an awesome fan story to watch. Mark is glowing. He's so pumped to be back in the Cool Kids. He's REALLY sore about people not hating on Josh with him. Its Week 1 all over again.

Mark and Cody are getting GIDDY and EXCITED about people telling them to calm down and hold back. Both pretty clearly bitching about their significant others along with everyone else. Mark is SO pissed off that people didn't back him on the Josh thing and says he just loves to "make things interesting" and "rile things up." He and Cody are soul mates. They talk about how Josh is "abusive" to women and they'd kick his rear end outside the house. They say the viewers know the truth. Mark promises Cody and Jess F4-F3.

Thursday could be fun.

Cody asks Mark if he knows anything about the 2nd and 3rd Temptations. Mark says he doesn't know. Did Jess not tell Cody? Cody says he assumes Christmas got the 2nd and another ally of his got the 3rd because its all a Paul platform. Mark says he thought Jess had it. Mark thinks it could be Alex since she's been such a comp beast. Cody says he's said a lot of good stuff about her so clearly that helps.

Alex debriefs Jason on her talk with Jess. Jason worries that Jess knows about the plan. Alex tells him to chill and they'll just reassure their votes. Jason asks what the long term plan is and are they working with Kevin and Paul? Alex says yes and says if the vote ends up close and Josh goes they'll just try to push the votes off on on Mark.

Raven's being emo.

Raven: I am feeling like a bitch, might as well dress like one.
Matt: You've been one all along and didn't dress like this.

Raven: I just want to evict my uterus and not let it play POV.
Matt: Whaaaat?

Josh pulls Jason aside to strategize POV. He says if its elimination they have to keep putting Cody, Jess, and Ramses against each other so it has to be one of them or Christmas at the end. He doesn't care if Jason or Christmas win and they don't have to use it, Ramses, Jess, and Cody just can't win. Jason seems slightly confused but agrees. In fairness Josh was pretty manic.

Alex tells Matt and Raven that Jess came to her about her vote. Matt says he was in the HOH shower and Jess thought he was Cody and said they had to talk to Alex.

We got bunnies so that might be POV. Confirmed Christmas, Jason, and Josh vs. Jess, Cody, and Ramses.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jul 22, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jessica won POV. Blah.

Hopefully she doesn't get wind of anything, leaves the nominees the same, and we still get the blindside.

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Jessica won POV. Blah.

Hopefully she doesn't get wind of anything, leaves the nominees the same, and we still get the blindside.

Yes please it would be so amazing for her to have ALL the power with the hex, hoh, comp beast boyfriend back, AND veto and still play so poorly that she loses her pawn.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Turbl posted:

Yes please it would be so amazing for her to have ALL the power with the hex, hoh, comp beast boyfriend back, AND veto and still play so poorly that she loses her pawn.

Its great because its all about the basic fact that they treat people so terribly that the only person who likes them is the guy dying to be an unrestrained bully who keeps getting held back by everyone else trying to make him a better person so grateful to have someone to encourage his worse instincts.

They just have no concept of why everyone turned on them, the damage they've done, or why there'd even be anything to repair even if they had any idea how to do it. And then as a result they're so out of the loop that they think Ramses is a safe pawn when he's been the backup target 3 weeks in a row and Josh is a house pariah when really most everyone has a soft spot for him.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Hey, it's not Cody's fault he doesn't understand how betas think. That's just how he was made.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Everyone's a mess. Looks like a paint POV. Christmas is a mess too so she played. Maybe that one where you get blasted if you get a question wrong. Jess was clean.

Jess tells Cody this is the second POV he threw.

Paul tells Kevin and Raven that as long as they don't use the POV they're golden. Everyone looks generally chill. They think Jess and Cody want to play it save and not "ruffle feathers". They're all set on getting out Ramses and it pretty much comes down to whether someone tells before Monday.

Mark tells Paul "1000%" they're not using POV and that "they're doing everything in their power to mend things with the house." Mark asks if anything's changed between them, Paul asks why would anything? Mark says something about Jason being paranoid and Paul says that's just Jason. Mark says he's done talking to Josh after "that poo poo he pulled at the HOH." Paul says he's "done" and "rolled over." I might be looking forward to Mark getting blindsided more than Cody and Jess. Maybe.

Cody and Jess are giddy. They're planning a celebratory drink. Jess decides to walk around with her HOH key and POV because "I earned it." Jess says they're "scaring the poo poo out of them". Some talk of getting a bigger target but Cody says it was already the case. Jess says Elena is "salty" because she wants a comp and she threw the Wall HOH so she didn't have to take out Jess. Cody tells her about his talk with Mark and Jess says she had to calm him down about Cody coming back. Cody sasy Mark told him he "put him threw a week of hell" and Jess says "How dare he!" Cody says Mark said he thought Jess had the Temptation and sounds like Cody does know and was just lying. Jess says that just proves he's just using Cody for information. Jess says she loves Mark "as a person" but in this house she can't trust him. Cody says he doesn't love him and he's no friends with someone disloyal like him. Cody encourages Jess to not say anything to Josh during the POV Ceremony because she burned him enough in his nomination speech. They laugh at him and call him a sexual predator again. Doesn't sound like they have any intention of using the POV.

The King and Queen as friendly and down to earth as ever. Making friends and winning over people.

Jason asks Alex if she's positive she doesn't want to go with Cody and Jess. Alex asks if he's stupid and says Ramses is gone because no one likes him, Mark and Elena are next, and they have no numbers. Alex points out they don't trust Jess but they can trust Matt and Raven to go after Cody and Jess. Jason says Cody talked to him for an hour this morning and he was hoping someone would save him.

Jess and Cody socialize for like 10 minutes and then go off alone in the Apple Room. Cody asks Jess if she's going to use the Hex to threaten the HOH next week if its not him. Jess says she'll see if she has any suspicions about it. Cody says if Paul had told him about his he would have just put him up anyway just to burn it. That's somehow both dumb and smart at the same time. Smart because he's right that it makes sense to just put Jess and Cody up and force them to burn the Hex and hopefully make bigger targets on them. But he's dumb because Paul's Pendant didn't work that way. Dummy.

Cody and Jess then start whining about having to wait for Christmas to be "accommodated" in the comp. And then they just start complaining about everything in the comp and they're basically just being whiny, entitled brats.

Oh, now Cody's saying that he assumes they'll eventually be a war on US soil and he wants to be alive for it. Jess doesn't think that would be a good thing and doesn't see it as likely. Cody says tension was pretty high with the election. "Are you talking about a Civil War?" Cody says maybe or a Revolution or maybe a Russian Invasion. Oh good, now he's directly referencing Red Dawn as a realistic scenario to anticipate. But he doesn't like that the remake made it North Korean because they're a "poo poo country."

The regular HGs are discussing Dom's sketchy interview and Jess tells Cody she doesn't understand why they feel that way. Jess says they think Dom and Cody staged it to call out Mark (I don't recall anyone suggesting that).

Jess: Yes, please continue talking about how Dom didn't freak out.

Does Jess not even know about the Dom meltdown? I don't understand how that's possible.

Jess: And this is how Mommy and Daddy kicked everyone's asses. I think this has to be the comeback of the season. The only thing greater would be Josh getting the votes to stay and winning the $500,000. God forbid. And no one would be happy about that.

Cody: He's going to get a couple of thousand dollars out of the deal. rear end out. Have fun getting a job after berating women, loving loser.

Cody: I hope he goes out there and they boo the gently caress out of him!
Jess: I hope so too.
Cody: I don't think so. I think you really have to be a loving... well, he is though.

Jess: I hope he gets booed. I think he deserves it.

They really, really think Josh has bullied Jess. Apparently during the HOH Josh said "Christmas, you're stronger than that thing" and Jess didn't like that. Jess thinking about throwing fruit loops at Josh during the POV ceremony. Jess is hurt that everyone has let him attack her. Apparently she called him "disgusting" during her noms. Jess is ranting now about how people need to know that what he's doing is wrong. Cody says they can destroy him outside the house. They're in another world.

This is going to go on for at least 3 more weeks.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jul 23, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Josh is rambling to the cameras. Basically just all about how he has to play like he's going home but he's going to blindside Cody, Jess, and Mark. He says he likes Jess but she's a different person when Cody is in the house. Says Mark is a joke. Lots of other stuff. They're going to have to find a way to talk to Josh a little if they don't want him to lose his mind and blow things.

Josh: But really... You're getting played, meatballs! You're getting played!

Cody is trashing Megan for some reason. Even Jess seems a little annoyed and politely tells him "we know."

Alex is bored.

Elena: OH MY GOD! WHAT IS THAT!

Mark: Alex, where are the cookies you made?

Paul reassures Cody and Jess that Josh is done and devastated.

Jason gets in trouble when he forgets that Christmas was in his pre-show casting group or something. Christmas has some fun. She's found the inherrent physical comedy of the scooter.

This is a really low content post. I feel very internety.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Kevin [to Jason]: You're gonna get your nuts cracked. Keep it up.

Paul tells Jason, Kevin, and Alex that Cody and Jess are certain Josh is done. Paul thinks its a Double Eviction and "there should be no question what to do." Then he says they can do damage control with Cody. So Jess may have comp beasted her way into higher priority. Paul says no one can "gently caress around" and throw any hinky votes because Mark and Elena are sketchy. He says if they all do it together they can't get mad at everyone. If its close then things get crazy. Paul reiterates that its dumb to get rid of Josh when they know he's not going to put any of them up and is going to go after Jody and Mark.

Paul: In a perfect world Josh wins HOH and puts them up.
Jason: That ain't loving happening.
Paul: He outlasted you on that loving comp, you loving dickhead!

Kevin asks about Paul's safety and whether its up and says Christmas said it was. Paul confirms it is and gets suspicious about why Christmas brought it up. Kevin squashes it and says it was nothing weird, it just came up. Alex frets about Christmas and the hinky vote but Paul assures her that Christmas is a lock for this vote.

Raven's on like her fifth outfit of the day. The goth things is gone and she straightened her hair.

Jason explains the reason they brand animals and that you can't cross state lines or the brand inspector will stop you.
Paul: There's a brand inspector?!
Kevin: What is he a big fat guy?
Jason: No, he's actually a little cocksucking alcoholic prick.
Alex: Jason, again. National television.
Jason: You guys!
Kevin: I didn't bait you on that. How did I know he was cocksucking alcoholic?

Mark tells Cody the story of his fight with Josh.
Matt: Don't let him tell you he was justified. He was not!
Elena: Oh my God, I don't want to be here for this.

Jessica says that the funniest part was that the day before she had a baby powder fight with Matt and Mark got furious about it. Mark insists its different and he had nothing to do with the stuff thrown around. Cody says he naturally believes Mark is the more rational person and everyone is cracking up and insisting that its not true this time.

Mark: I still don't understand how I'm the one to blame.
Matt: ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! You got tabasco in his eyes!

Mark: I asked the question.
Elena: You really think that asking the question "Did you win?" validates throwing tabasco in his eyes.

They have alcohol. Six beers. Kevin chugs one in seconds. Alex, Elena, and Ramses pop up 3 others and start chugging. Paul gets upset that they're doing this. Ramses stops because he suddenly remembers he's on the block. There's no real drama. Paul grabs some soda to mix with the wine to make a sangria or something to stretch it out. That's smart and oddly I've only seen the BB HGs do that once before.

Cody and Jess run upstairs to drink their HOH beer alone and talk about how much better they are than everyone else. Jess thinks everyone is having a unified celebration of Josh's eviction. Cody thinks Paul is pushing everyone too far. He hilariously says Paul has "little man syndrome." Jess says he trains dogs and treats the HGs the same way.

Paul checks in with Elena to see if there's anything going on with Mark or if Jody are planning to use POV. Elena says she hasn't noticed anything.

Mark goes to HOH and whine about everyone blaming him for the Josh fight. Cody says he doesn't care if Mark slapped Josh and made fun of his mom, he'd back up Mark. Jess says they got booze because BB is happy Josh is leaving. Mark says they hate Josh and that's why there's no other Have Nots. Mark says he loves them and are so glad they're back.

After Mark leaves Cody says Elena should have Mark's back no matter what. Jess says Elena is playing a smart game. Cody, "Thank you for being loyal to a fault." You said it, brother. Jess says Elena isn't sure the relationship is real and doesn't want to throw her game away for it, and Jess respects that. Jess is very glad she won POV so she doens't have to get any more blood on her hands.

Jessica said they weren't going to isolate themselves this time.

Mark returns to HOH to the people he actually likes. Downstairs everyone notes the isolation again. Paul briefly stops by HOH to tell them it was a "class move" to "leave the peasants" and they don't detect a hint of irony. They all think this vote is fine but Mark things there will be hinky votes again. Jess says one person (Alex) told her they weren't sure about their vote because they dislike both. Jess is salty because "that person" promised to vote for her she said. Cody doesn't know how anyone could dislike Ramses. Mark is sure Josh is gone but doesn't think it will be unanimous. Jess thinks it will be because people would be dumb to go against the house.

Jessica's drunk and thinks its very funny that Christmas can't drink because she's on pills because "she'd get hosed uuuup!" Also, she's still wearing the POV.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ramses and Elena have joined HOH to just fulfill the outsider group. Jess incorrectly describes the infamous Marcellus POV non-play by saying he used the POV on the girl he was with because he didn't understand it. Ramses thinks he saw that on Youtube.

Raven asks Matt how they're going to do damage control on the vote. Matt says there's no spin becuase they're going to lie to Cody, Jess, Mark, and Elena and if one of them wins HOH they're going up. Matt says he's down with the plan (vote out Ramses) but he's clearly antsy about it and thinks its a bigger risk. Raven thinks its moot since she doesn't trust Jess and Cody anyway and thinks they could target them tomorrow. She also says they wouldn't have the numbers to get out Ramses anyway. Matt says its the best move for the house but not for them. Raven just doesn't disagree and thinks Ramses is a threat.

Paul comes in and Matt complains to him. Paul says Elena won't want that HOH and that Mark is a bad competitor. Matt's really, really nervous about playing Big Brother. Paul says if someone goes home for this it will be him and he's willing to take the risk. He says he's willing to risk beating Cody in comps and insists he's not unbeatable. Matt's really, really not cool with this whole "not floating" thing. Matt thinks Josh should go next week so its just flip flopping things. Paul says they need to get out Mark, Jess, and Cody before Josh. Matt seems shocked. He's really convinced Cody, Jess, Elena, and Mark are going to beast all the HOHs. Paul argues that Ramses is a number for them and Josh is a number for "us", so if that's the concern it doesn't make sense to keep Ramses. Raven agreeing that if Ramses stays as Jess' pawn hes going to get in with them. Paul says Josh will always be against them. Matt says its "ill advised" to do this the week before Jury. That's all Matt cares about. Matt's willing to do anything next week, but wants to assure Jury.

Cody and Jess are alone again and whining about how terrible everyone is. Apparently part of the HOH was giving people punishments and everyone targeted them. They're disgusted by this. Blah blah blah.

Paul says Cody and Jess were stupid to put up two "duds" and not two of them. So they have to take advantage of that mistake and not give them a second chance. Matt agrees. Paul says if they don't get rid of Ramses now he's always going to be a lesser priority than someone else. Paul says Jessica is telling people that Josh throws off her game, so why would they help Jess by taking him out? Paul points out he's a shield and he's willing to be a shield and talk poo poo. Paul seems to be selling Matt but Ramses breaks up the talk.

Alex and Jason are having another fight because Alex is sure the POV Ceremony is on Sunday while Jason is sure its on Tuesday.

Ramses is worrying about the curse. He thinks there's a Diamond POV. I don't know why this is a concern when he's on the block so he'd benefit from that. Paul is clearly frustrated and trying to convince him he's getting paranoid. He says Josh has sunk his ship so Ramses needs to chill and not screw up. Ramses says he's worried something else is happening. Paul says he can't see them backdooring someone because no one would go home next to Josh. Again, I don't understand why this concerns Ramses since that would mean he comes off the block.

Drunk Elena was rubbing on Paul and Mark is pissy about it.

Neither of these people drank tonight.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I'm so excited for a second Jody blindside that I'm sure it'll fall apart before Thursday.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Kevin is riffing on the return to Week 1 state with Cody. He's a tad frustrated with things. He also might be a bit jealous that Jess isn't flirting with him anymore.

Kevin: I'm afraid if we throw him out again, he'll just come right back again like the Repo Man!
Kevin: He's up there sticking fingers in every orifice. There's no more orifices!
Kevin: Then they're going to come down here and whisper "We have to keep Cody." Who? He's still here? Oh, he's in the Penthouse! He's been in this house 17 days and 16 were in the Penthouse!

Mark and Elena ask Paul what his plan for HOH is next week. Paul says he doesn't know because Jody pulled them aside and said they wnat to just make jury together. He says part of him wants to go with it but part of him wonders if that's just a ploy. Paul doesn't think its worth thinking about until one of them wins HOH. Paul is obviously bullshitting them. Mark says he sucks at HOHs but he's looking forward to the slippery bowl thing. Paul points out that would actually really suck for a big guy like Mark. Mark things he'd be good at it because he's all about legs. I definitely think Mark's got some kind of body dysmorphia happening now. Mark shares his theory that BB wants Josh gone and made him the only Have Not to gently caress him. Elena and Paul very politely express that that's stupid. Paul and Elena think Jess has the Temptation but Mark disagrees and doesn't see why she'd lie about it. Paul thinks it might be a rewind. Mark thinks that means they'd redo the Battle Back. Paul explains it to him. Mark thinks the Temptation might have been "No Have Nots." Elena and Paul are past politeness and say "That's stupid."

Jess gives Josh her blessing to enjoy his final days if he can stand by not starting anything with her. Its very magnanimous.

Paul tells Christmas and Raven that Marlena were fishing him to say he wanted Jody out next week. He says it felt suspicious and Christmas thinks they were baiting him. Christmas and Raven discuss Ramses. Raven says he threw her under the bus to Alex. Christmas says that Ramses is Elena's "new Paul" and they keep sneaking off to the storage room together.

Christmas reassures Josh he's good and just has to keep Jess in the dark until after POV so she doesn't play it. Josh says he'll hide until then and say he just wants to enjoy his last few days. Christmas says he can't give anything away after the noms lock either. Josh says he's going off after Ramses gets evicted. Christmas says they can talk about strategy after the noms lock. Cody says Mark is shady and has to go and Christmas agrees and says she's been watching him.

Raven and Matt can't figure Marlena out. Matt, "She's a bad rear end bitch and he's..." Matt fantasizes about Josh coming out tomorrow and saying "Mark, you're a little bitch." Raven thinks Mark would be the person to get thrown out for hitting someone. Matt agrees. Matt still can't believe that he legitimately doesn't think he did anything wrong throwing hot sauce in Josh's face. They're cracking up loud in the backyard and Mark's out there. Matt says if he had done that his dad would call him a pussy. Apparently Matt's dad and Cody have something in common.

I'm tired and going to bed. I'll leave you with this gem.

So apparently Jillian DID think Alex was behind her eviction. What the gently caress? How the hell did she get to the conclusion that the person to blame was her only friend in the house? Jillian may be the most deserving Week 1 eviction in BB history.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BW2lTE5HGZL/?taken-by=alohaloca24

quote:

alohaloca24Hey guys! I am back from a crazy season of BB 19! I can't WAIT to watch the season as soon as I get home and my mom filled me in that it was NOT Alex who betrayed me! THANK GOD! Thank you so much to @kassting for this opportunity and @cbs_bigbrother for believing in me! People can say what they want from home, but this game is WAY harder when you actually play it. I hope my 2 loves Alex or Ramses #Jamses win this season that is for SURE. ♥️

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Jillian is garbage

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Amidst boasting about how no one can match their HOH time and wishing there was a coffee maker in the HOH room so they didn't have to go downstairs, Cody and Jess discuss next week. Jess still thinks the house is "Paul's side vs Alex's side" and thinks Cody should probably throw HOH so they can just float themselves to whichever side wins power without having to pick a side. Cody naturally doesn't listen and wants HOH to backdoor Paul. Jess says if he does that he has to solidify an alliance with Alex and Jason and "strong arm" them if necessary by threatening to put them up. Cody doesn't care about this strategy stuff and just wants to backdoor Paul.

Jess: Don't get your heart set on backdooring Paul because if Alex and Jason can't make a deal with us that goes farther than one week...
Cody: Jessica. My heart is set.
Jess: Oh great. This is good. Awesome. Cool. I'm being very sarcastic by that statement.
Cody: I assume that most of the stuff you say to me is sarcastic.

Jess trusts Paul more than Alex. Cody doesn't trust either. They both think they've worked Christmas great and can pull her to their side. :O Cody says she gets special treatment so they should use that. Christmas has already had to sit out comps so naturally Cody's full of poo poo about "special treatment" (and much of the house who had been worried about that have been discussing how this past week or so showed it wasn't a concern).

Jess intends to tell everyone about her power next week but not what it is. She's going to lie and say she controls the nominations and there's no limit on it. That seems dumb. She wants everyone afraid of her and forced to work with her. She's apparently never heard of a over bluffing.

Have Nots are the first three out of the HOH comp - Kevin, Mark, and Paul. Plus Josh since he took the key last week. He can't take the key again this week. No special foods as there haven't been all week. Mark's pissy. Probably not only because he's a Have Not but also because this kills his self righteous theory that BB was on his side and was punishing Josh by making him the only Have Not. He's stalking the DR room to ask for the key while Christmas is in there.

Cody shares with Matt and Elena his esteem for Russians since they'd give him a "honorable death." Matt is HIGHLY amused. Cody reveals that he spent the entire week he was evicted watching 300 and Troy on a loop.

Kevin tells Jason he's kind of happy about being Have Nots and getting away from all the "grab rear end." He says everything's going to be bored with him and Paul in Have Nots. Jason says Cody "makes all the guys uncomfortable and unites all the girls." Kevin's not happy that Cody has brought back the house divide and that people like Mark and Elena went from talking trash to kissing his rear end. Kevin says Alex is the best player in the game but they ignore her until she wins something. Jason has similar feelings but they're too scatterbrained for me to decipher.

Christmas talks to Raven about her past experiences with addiction and how its got her on edge about taking her pain medication. Raven shares how she remembers a time when she became so dependent on medicine that she felt like she had no other options. Usually I mock Raven's one upsmanship but I think that was sincere.

Alex trolls Mark by telling him to "calm down, dude, stop yelling" when he's clearly not. Mark hilariously doesn't get it and gets worked up a little. Then when he figures it out he gets all worked up telling some story about how his ex got mad at him over nothing. Mark's just screaming and ranting about how she used to tell him he had anger issues and he's FREAK OUT that he doesn't. Alex and Jason are pretty clearly trolling him and laughing at the absurdity of him screaming that he doesn't have anger problems but he's not getting it at all. Eventually it comes out that his ex was mad because she wanted to spend the weekend celebrating her birthday and he wanted to go to the Arnold Competition with his friends.

Mark: Her birthday was a loving Wednesday!

At this same time in a room far away Christmas asks Elena how she feels about Mark being a Have Not and Elena says he's "so loving moody."

In yet another room at the same (about) time Raven tells Matt that Elena said she's "staying clear of Mark." Matt says Josh is gonna freak out after he stays on Thursday and taunt Mark. Matt thinks Mark is going to freak out and is HIGHLY amused by that. Matt hates Mark.

Mark and Cody are working out and saying how they're both past this week and thinking beyond it. Mark is glad to have Cody back to encourage his crazy ideas. Cody says Jess will keep him under control. Mark says Elena will too but he wants her to just forget everything that happened before this week and get on board.

Its Sunday so its basically just a lazy pool and workout day.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Mark just won an extra week as a have not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloops Crusts
Aug 14, 2016
Please someone tell me the house is on Josh's side against Ramses because that man's insanity is hilarious

• Locked thread