Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

ElMaligno posted:

That is because they have better poo poo to do.

ITT we decide which civil liberties are worth protecting.

No, wait, that's the other thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Well thank god we got a strong EPA to help prevent the destruction of Oklahoma and Florida.

Buahahahahahahah.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

LingcodKilla posted:

Well thank god we got a strong EPA to help prevent the destruction of Oklahoma and Florida.

Buahahahahahahah.

Florida is hosed no matter what we do. Oklahoma isn't.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Godholio posted:

Uh Trump declared the war on guns over to the NRA buddy, which marked the start of OPEN SEASON ON SPOOKS and LIEBERALS yeehaw!!!

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://www.nratv.com/series/stinch...n-1-episode-138

The NRA has solidly jumped the rails. I say this as a guy who owns rifles and handguns and shotguns oh my.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

gently caress the NRA. I saw that as someone who owns many guns.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

mlmp08 posted:

https://www.nratv.com/series/stinch...n-1-episode-138

The NRA has solidly jumped the rails. I say this as a guy who owns rifles and handguns and shotguns oh my.

What's this one?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Mr. Nice! posted:

Florida is hosed no matter what we do. Oklahoma isn't.

:lol:

Move there and say that again.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I bought a house on a goddamn hill for a reason. Still gotta deal with nuclear annihilation and super volcanos.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

cowboy elvis posted:

What's this one?

Afrikaner Weerstandsbeweging recruiting film

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

joat mon posted:

How bad is it? So bad that this thoroughly red state for whom oil production is practically the sole industry voluntarily shut down the offending injection wells (after a couple years of denials and scientist silencing a large climate change denial)
It actually worked, pretty much instantly.

This is basically America.txt.

"Stupid loving LIEberals and ivory tower eggheads don't know poo poo, don't tell me what's best for m-OH gently caress EVERYTHING IS ON FIRE AND EARTHQUAKING QUICK DO SOMETHING WHERE DID IT COME FROM HOW COULD WE HAVE KNOWN?"

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

The loss of the keys and the Everglades will be a tremendous blow for the entire planet. The loss of the rest through 2100 would be a great victory. We'll probably get our poo poo together just in time to head off the losses after the worthwhile stuff is gone and save the worthless parts.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Godholio posted:

Also there are other organizations defending 2a rights. ACLU doing it feels superfluous.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

bird food bathtub posted:

From within? Eeeeeh.

If you want to disrupt the NRA from without just start up Black Panthers 2: Gun Rights Boogaloo and watch racist white people freak the gently caress out about "hey maybe we SHOULD restrict the second amendment". Of course they'll only push for solution that secure the existence of their people and a future for their children but it's a start that can be pushed into other legislative approaches.

You're being ironic, right? In the full knowledge that it was Black Panthers 1, black vets with gun touting the 2nd amendment that scared the basically static NRA into the super death lobby they are today?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Do you want to be able to buy silencers without a tax stamp or extensive background check and maybe eventually full auto without an ffl, or not?

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
Not really if I have to saddle up with the NRA loons.

Edit: I have no use for full auto in any case.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Do you want to be able to buy silencers without a tax stamp or extensive background check and maybe eventually full auto without an ffl, or not?

Couldn't give a poo poo. Don't need a silencer and I've shot enough fully automatic weapons for one lifetime, not to mention they burn up a year's worth of ammo in a few seconds.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

bird cooch posted:

Not really if I have to saddle up with the NRA loons.
:same:

Like I'm the Mexican son of a lesbian.

We'd like to support gun rights without being the targets of bigotry but that's not likely.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I'd trade all of those things if it meant that I could help divorce gun ownership from this cancerous racist and far-right culture that the NRA advances. I have a lot of liberal friends who love shooting ARs and handguns but keep it on the DL because they don't want to get lumped in with the clowns that the NRA represents.

Gun culture is pretty hosed up and weird, and I don't think that my manhood or my identity or anyone else's should be hung up on my ability to put rounds through paper or whether or not I CCW.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Those things are cool and I like them, but if it's a choice between not getting full autos or joining the Right Wing Death Cult, the Democrats can take all my guns.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Uh, no? Why should I care about not having a tax stamp on silencers or not being able to buy full auto without an ffl?

To rephrase, why should I care so much that I would willingly get into bed with the neo-klansmen at the NRA? I'm not afraid of the "feral urban youth" because I'm not an ignorant bigot. Also, the poo poo they fight for isn't important to me in the first place, let alone important enough to actually support them with my knowledge of their bigotry and racism.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

suboptimal posted:

I'd trade all of those things if it meant that I could help divorce gun ownership from this cancerous racist and far-right culture that the NRA advances. I have a lot of liberal friends who love shooting ARs and handguns but keep it on the DL because they don't want to get lumped in with the clowns that the NRA represents.

Gun culture is pretty hosed up and weird, and I don't think that my manhood or my identity or anyone else's should be hung up on my ability to put rounds through paper or whether or not I CCW.

I'm pretty liberal and have an AK and an SKS, used to have a Mauser, and I did kind of have to keep owning them quiet, because it usually automatically turned to discussions about the NRA.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
If "they" come to take your guns, you have guns! Shoot 'em! Why is a support group required? And who is coming to take my guns? Some dude blasted a room full of kindergartners and nothing happened.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Ideally I can live in my strange lefty paradise where everyone is nice to each other and we all have guns because they're cool and fun and nobody's a dumbass who murders kids.

But in the real world guns are dangerous, and the NRA has become so closely linked with being a toxic racist neo-Confederate that I'm willing to sacrifice the cool poo poo to stop the human garbage.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
PS your never getting full autos back

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
There was just an article from a couple weeks ago that carried a lot of the same sentiments about guns rights that you all are talking about.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jul/11/redneck-revolt-guns-anti-racism-fascism-far-left

There is a group called Redneck Revolt that is trying to separate the gun issue from all the other poo poo that gets lumped in with it. I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of gun owners feel the same way, but with how iconic and well funded the NRA is it would be pretty drat hard to displace them.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Goddamit pull up or it's gonna rain probations when I wake up. Don't gently caress up the CE thread.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Mr. Mambold posted:

You're being ironic, right? In the full knowledge that it was Black Panthers 1, black vets with gun touting the 2nd amendment that scared the basically static NRA into the super death lobby they are today?

Not sure ironic is the right word. More an appreciation of the situation we're in. If Black Panthers v2.0 started showing up on the newspapers today open carrying they would not only be some of the ballsiest mother fuckers in existence because of the police and the Trumpenstaffel, but I can guarantee that suddenly the modern argument for second amendment rights would get a whoooooole lot more "nuanced". The nuance, in this case, being "but, but, they can't have guns THAT'S DANGEROUS! Only white people can have guns!"

See also: Castile, Philando, the shooting of and NRA's response to.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Redneck Revolt are good people and y'all should look into your local chapter/affiliated organizations like the John Brown Gun Club.

E: poo poo, sorry Krusinski. Took out the rest of the derail-y stuff.

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jul 23, 2017

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Hey Poland about to blow up

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/21/europe/poland-judicial-bill-pass-upper-house/index.html

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I hope they push that gently caress out if for no other reason than that he bussed rubes in from the countryside so Donnie had someone to cheer for him.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Crazycryodude posted:

Redneck Revolt are good people and y'all should look into your local chapter/affiliated organizations like the John Brown Gun Club.

This is the truth.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Godholio posted:

:lol:

Move there and say that again.

I mean earthquakes stop when we stop loving injecting poo poo. Oklahomans are beyond saving, I agree.

It looks like bob stoops is either selling or sold his castle out there:

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

If only there was some sort of energy dense, carbon neutral power source we could use instead of gas/oil that was available with today's technology.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

LostCosmonaut posted:

If only there was some sort of energy dense, carbon neutral power source we could use instead of gas/oil that was available with today's technology.
But I'm scared of ATOMZ

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Relevant info from the EE thread:

Lichtenstein posted:

Holy poo poo, why did I choose to sleep this night, Kaczyński's meltdown was amazing.

Sadly, moon language only.

A Pale Horse posted:

Here's an approximate translation for those that don't speak our beautiful language:

"Excuse me Marshall (like U.S. Speaker of the House), but I'm going to speak out of turn. I know you all are afraid of the truth, but keep my brother's name out of your traitorous mouths. You destroyed him, you murdered him, you're all scumbags."

My take is the exhaustion of the day finally made him let his guard down and say what he's been thinking for the past seven years and also explains everything PiS has been doing. All the unconstitutional changes to the judiciary have one goal. Make it possible to hold a show trial for Donald Tusk for killing Lech Kaczynski. This little toad wants revenge and he'll destroy a young democracy to achieve it.
Jarosław Kaczyński is the chair of the Law & Justice party (aka PiS). His twin brother, Lech Kaczynski, was the president and died in a plane crash in 2010. Jaroslaw and the rest of PiS fervently believe the Russians brought the plane down and Donald Tusk, the prime minister at the time, was somehow involved. They've exumed Lech's body and other victims of the crash for further investigation.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Mr. Nice! posted:

I mean earthquakes stop when we stop loving injecting poo poo. Oklahomans are beyond saving, I agree.

Obscene mansions like that always remind me of that Versailles palace this construction magnate dude tried to build for his wife in Florida before the recession broke his neck.

The thing holds a bunch of records, but never really got finished. There's a documentary about it and the guy/his family from a few years ago.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
That thing is ugly as hell and should be burned to the ground

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Mr. Nice! posted:

Tons of money and they build this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Pesticide20 posted:

That thing is ugly as hell and should be burned to the ground

Well yes most anyone reasonable thinks that of Oklahoma, but what do you think of the house?

• Locked thread