Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Open Marriage Night posted:

I can't believe Dazzler hasn't had her own book in the last few years. Pop star super hero is such an easy concept.

Outrageous.

Truly, truly, truly outrageous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I can't believe Dazzler hasn't had her own book in the last few years. Pop star super hero is such an easy concept.

Yeah. Like people say "oh Disco is dated" but like you don't even need to alter her costume at all for her to look like an 80s, early 90s or modern pop star. The only time it wouldn't really have worked was the late 90s or something.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I'm not attached to her look. She should have all sorts of costumes like the Wasp. She should be so fashionable that her costume takes the form of whatever the issues artist draws best.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I'm not attached to her look. She should have all sorts of costumes like the Wasp. She should be so fashionable that her costume takes the form of whatever the issues artist draws best.

Yeah, pretty much every pop star from the 80s on has multiple, iconic looks. Although I've been going through Claremont's X-Men and Dazzler had a fair amount of costumes.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Dazzler should have a symbiote for maximum fashion possibility. She turns sound into light, so gently caress your sonic guns.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I actually thought when Marvel started to put out books focusing on women that a Dazzler book had to be coming. But nope.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

twistedmentat posted:

I actually thought when Marvel started to put out books focusing on women that a Dazzler book had to be coming. But nope.

It doesn't help her current status is "dying of M-Pox", or that A-Force tanked.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Autism Sneaks posted:

It doesn't help her current status is "dying of M-Pox", or that A-Force tanked.

A Force was really good. I wish they had kept it going with Elsa on the team.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Dazzler's in the team of Emma Frost's Tian team so she's still alive, okay and a fascist.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Dazzler's in the team of Emma Frost's Tian team so she's still alive, okay and a fascist.

Good to know. That probably means she will be a protagonist soon.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Taylor Swift is rumored to actually be Dazzler in the next X-flick so we'll see a Dazzler comic right about then.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Rhyno posted:

Taylor Swift is rumored to actually be Dazzler in the next X-flick so we'll see a Dazzler comic right about then.

That would... be fascinating.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
They quashed that rumor recently, which is a shame because Taylor Swift as Dazzler would be amazing. I don't even know if she can act but it would still be great.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I remember the big Taylor Swift casting rumour was that she was going to play Cosette in the Les Mis adaptation from five years ago.

I don't think Taylor Swift is much of a singer. She probably would have been better than Russell Crowe. Maybe on par with Gerard Butler as the Phantom of the Opera.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nuns with Guns posted:

They quashed that rumor recently, which is a shame because Taylor Swift as Dazzler would be amazing. I don't even know if she can act but it would still be great.

When? People were talking about it at SDCC today.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Wheat Loaf posted:

I remember the big Taylor Swift casting rumour was that she was going to play Cosette in the Les Mis adaptation from five years ago.

I don't think Taylor Swift is much of a singer. She probably would have been better than Russell Crowe. Maybe on par with Gerard Butler as the Phantom of the Opera.

God, could you imagine if they'd cast actual singers in that movie instead of a bunch of actors who can't sing? Casting non-singers in musicals is easily my Hollywood pet peeve.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

A month ago EW said they confirmed that Dazzler cameos but there were no plans for Taylor Swift.

That could have changed of course.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lurdiak posted:

God, could you imagine if they'd cast actual singers in that movie instead of a bunch of actors who can't sing? Casting non-singers in musicals is easily my Hollywood pet peeve.

Crowe was the only one that stood out like a sore thumb, and contrary to the above I still think he blew Butler away. Eddie Redmayne as Marius was especially great.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I don't know, I didn't see the movie. However, I believe my sister went to see it three times, which I think compensated for my non-attendance. :v:

I'm not sure how I feel about the acting singers vs singing actors thing. People with a Broadway or West End background, sure, but I'm not sure that casting pop stars is exactly the same thing.

Butler compared poorly to Crawford (who was always going to be the point of comparison), but he was better than Lloyd Webber's original choice, Steve Harley of Cockney Rebel, who sounded like he had a cold.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jul 22, 2017

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Rhyno posted:

There was an entertainment weekly article at the end of June where they were told that there were "no plans" to have Taylor Swift as Dazzler. They didn't say who told them that, so if that's still on the table I'm cool with it :woop:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Wheat Loaf posted:

I don't know, I didn't see the movie. However, I believe my sister went to see it three times, which I think compensated for my non-attendance. :v:

I'm not sure how I feel about the acting singers vs singing actors thing. People with a Broadway or West End background, sure, but I'm not sure that casting pop stars is exactly the same thing.

Butler compared poorly to Crawford (who was always going to be the point of comparison), but he was better than Lloyd Webber's original choice, Steve Harley of Cockney Rebel, who sounded like he had a cold.

Les Mis also greatly benefits from not being lip synced and actually being sung live on film so that the emotion of the acting is actually reflected in the song. Jackman will never be the singer that Colm Wilkinson is but he brought a realness and emotion to the role that Colm just could not duplicate having to belt on stage even if he wanted to.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I always imagined Lady Gaga as Dazzler.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

I always imagined Lady Gaga as Dazzler.

I'd love this.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

That makes more sense than Swift

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Swift never made sense beyond 'haha wouldn't that be a funny cameo lmao like and share'

I'd watch the hell out of Gaga Dazzler.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's because the movie is in the 90s and Taylor Swift could pass as a 90s pop star.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

X-O posted:

Crowe was the only one that stood out like a sore thumb, and contrary to the above I still think he blew Butler away. Eddie Redmayne as Marius was especially great.

Jackman's got a huge background in musical theatre (the first thing I saw him in was Oklahoma), but he'd have been better as Javert.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rhyno posted:

I'd love this.

I mean, early on she felt like she was Dazzler, I mean without the light powers.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

I mean, early on she felt like she was Dazzler, I mean without the light powers.

How do you know Gaga doesn't have light powers.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

RandallODim posted:

Swift never made sense beyond 'haha wouldn't that be a funny cameo lmao like and share'

I'd watch the hell out of Gaga Dazzler.

She's like girl squad friends with the girl who played Jean in Apocalypse, or something. And I think Swift was Deadpool for Halloween last year.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

She's like girl squad friends with the girl who played Jean in Apocalypse, or something. And I think Swift was Deadpool for Halloween last year.

No, Taylor Swift is gal pals with Cara Delevingne, who was Enchantress in Suicide Squad, not Sophie Turner.

Rhyno posted:

I will certainly not deny that being a possibility.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Rhyno posted:

Cause she doesn't know Sue Dibney...

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Gatts posted:

Cause she doesn't know Sue Dibney...

That doesn't even make sense as an Identity Crisis reference

And its gross

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I'm going to be try figuring out how that joke worked for days now.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I'm going to be try figuring out how that joke worked for days now.

Allow me to save you some time.

It didn't.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Light powers...light...Dr. Light...right? drat.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Rhyno posted:

Well, most Batman villains don't have powers...

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I want a storyline where Batman is completely, utterly outmatched by some scrub tier villain who has real powers. Thawne isn't scrub tier, but I like how Batman could barely do anything against him in the Button.

Basically a story where Batman loses and he has to face that. At this point, Lego Batman was the most accurate screen interpretation of Batman.

I saw there is a Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe 2, and I really wish there would be another mini like Longshot Saves the Marvel Universe. Have some goofy hero have to save everyone. It's much better than seeing everyone die.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

I want a storyline where Batman is completely, utterly outmatched by some scrub tier villain who has real powers. Thawne isn't scrub tier, but I like how Batman could barely do anything against him in the Button.

Basically a story where Batman loses and he has to face that. At this point, Lego Batman was the most accurate screen interpretation of Batman.

I saw there is a Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe 2, and I really wish there would be another mini like Longshot Saves the Marvel Universe. Have some goofy hero have to save everyone. It's much better than seeing everyone die.

He'd have to mindwipe everyone again if that happened, and nobody wants that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RhymesWithTendon
Oct 12, 2000

Skwirl posted:

If no one has read Kieron Gillen's Dazzler pitch, they really should
http://kierongillen.tumblr.com/post/84925044142/dazzler-big-in-attilan
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread