Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Randaconda posted:

New thread title. :yaycloud:

I just feel happy to have contributed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2017/07/south_alabama_football_practic.html#incart_push

South Alabama's under-construction practice facility collapsed. No one was hurt. Someone on reddit who claims to have spoken to school officials is saying they think it was a sinkhole.

Pakled fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jul 23, 2017

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Pakled posted:

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2017/07/south_alabama_football_practic.html#incart_push

South Alabama's under-construction practice facility collapsed. No one was hurt. Someone on reddit who claims to have spoken to school officials is saying they think it was a sinkhole.

Mobile gets a ton of rain. The explanation isn't far-fetched.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

LLCoolJD posted:

Mobile gets a ton of rain. The explanation isn't far-fetched.

Nah. It was Paul Bryant Jr again.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

ok so i turned on the second season of last chance u

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

R.D. Mangles posted:

Maybe Sherman was right?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

R.D. Mangles posted:

You misunderstand.

This is slim for Mississippi

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

R.D. Mangles posted:

Please don't doxx me like that, TIA.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

R.D. Mangles posted:

You shoulda seen him BEFORE the gastric bypass surgery.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

R.D. Mangles posted:

as soon as i saw that i wanted to change my username to tooney "mississippi slim" hill

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

R.D. Mangles posted:

Goontown

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

R.D. Mangles posted:

I get that this is a cool nickname bro, but holding on to it at this point is like Mariah Carey still cramming herself into the sparkly leotard she looked good in when she was 120 lbs now that she's 160.

"Mississippi Fats" is still a loving cool nickname, embrace it!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

JonathonSpectre posted:

I get that this is a cool nickname bro, but holding on to it at this point is like Mariah Carey still cramming herself into the sparkly leotard she looked good in when she was 120 lbs now that she's 160.

"Mississippi Fats" is still a loving cool nickname, embrace it!

He's called Slim because he's fat, hth

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Can't wait to pay for his meds.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
have y'all seriously never met a huge dude who everyone ironically called "tiny" it is a super common thing

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

So I know I'm the last horse crossing the finish line, but I had no idea (until today) that Hugh Freeze was Michael Oher's high school football coach.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
Remember when Ole Miss got crushed by TCU in the Peach Bowl.

That ruled.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I'm really happy the shark loving has got the amount of play that it has. May be the most notable thing to come out of Florida since Tebow graduated.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Warbird posted:

I'm really happy the shark loving has got the amount of play that it has. May be the most notable thing to come out of Florida since Tebow graduated.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

I keep hoping this happens again and a ref calls holding

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

So I know I'm the last horse crossing the finish line, but I had no idea (until today) that Hugh Freeze was Michael Oher's high school football coach.

I work in Memphis and one of the little old third generation Memphis ladies at work was Very Upset when the Freeze stuff dropped. She's an Ole Miss grad, and both of her kids went to the Briarcrest school (The Blind Side school), and she was very distraught in the cutest little old southern lady voice saying things like: "he is such a good man, he spoke at our church several times, I can't believe anything like this would ever happen!"

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Warbird posted:

The angry Muschamp gifs/photos are still bigger than the shark loving.

Anals of History posted:

Can't wait to pay for his meds.

If Slim doesn't get that medicine, he's liable to set a crematorium on fire.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

this one is just as glorious, the look of determination on the dude's face as he blocks his confused teammate into oblivion is heartbreaking and poignant

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Hey, they got the first down, didn't they? Maybe Will Muschamp's offensive genius will be appreciated by future generations.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
Les Miles to Ole Miss. I'm calling it now buddos. Sadly Will Muschamp already has a job :(

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Spintzel posted:

Les Miles to Ole Miss. I'm calling it now buddos. Sadly Will Muschamp already has a job :(

I think Les somehow ruining Shea Patterson by trying to turn them into a full on cro magnon offense would be funny.

Mr. World
May 6, 2007
Working undercover for the man . . .

Spintzel posted:

Lane.
Kiffin.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
A lot of ppl saying they're eyeing Chad Morris.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
they should definitely take the novel approach of expanding the search beyond people with SEC EXPERIENCE but Chad Morris being a hot name remains baffling to me

MourningView fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jul 24, 2017

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

Yeah I need to hand the keys to my SEC program to that guy with like 8 wins over 3 seasons.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

an adult beverage posted:

Yeah I need to hand the keys to my SEC program to that guy with like 8 wins over 3 seasons.

With the NCAA sanctions looming Ole Miss will do drat well to take what they can get. No way the next coach isn't gonna use them as a stepping stone though.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

shoulda never fired dacoacho

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

an adult beverage posted:

SMU was major rear end when he took over. Their improvement has been slow but steady. He was highly regarded going in and his tenure at SMU has been respectable enough to not tarnish him. We really don't know much more about him now than we did when he left Clemson, for better or for worse.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Spintzel posted:

Dammit no. Les, go to ESPN. You know you'd be the favorite goofy uncle / Lee Corso replacement.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

General Dog posted:

SMU was major rear end when he took over..

I know Texans think it doesn't count because he didn't recruit Dallas hard enough or something but June Jones made four straight bowl games, and the program was even worse when he took it over. Morris should maybe at least make one before we start handing him major jobs.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

So here is Nick Chubb squatting 600lbs way easier than anyone should ever squat 600lbs :stare: :

https://twitter.com/KirbySmartUGA/status/889483117672767488

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Royce did that recently as well...

https://twitter.com/CoachCarnes45/status/887715268184555520

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

MourningView posted:

I know Texans think it doesn't count because he didn't recruit Dallas hard enough or something but June Jones made four straight bowl games, and the program was even worse when he took it over. Morris should maybe at least make one before we start handing him major jobs.

Yeah but if you're Ole Miss, or Texas A&M, you've kind of got to try and grab him before the 10-2, or else one of the big dogs is going to get him.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

General Dog posted:

Yeah but if you're Ole Miss, or Texas A&M, you've kind of got to try and grab him before the 10-2, or else one of the big dogs is going to get him.

Eh, A&M and Ole Miss are significant enough programs that they could compete for any coach they want. The "big dogs" that are a tier above those two are limited to about 7 programs.

Ole Miss is staring down the barrel of potential sanctions, and that's going to be the reason why they're looking at reaching at a coach that isn't ready.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Ole Miss is about to get a post season ban for a year or two tops, maybe 10 scholarships over 5 years, and they'll vacate some wins. Anyone thinking the NCAA is slamming people like they did to PSU and USC is crazy. The NCAA has stepped way back, Ole Miss forced the coach out, the administration is going to get points for that. I'm not sure how badly that will limit their success, I see them as a lot like UNC but maybe with more money and the specter of NCAA fallout hasn't stopped players from going or coaches from sticking around.

tldr Ole Miss can get an appropriate level coach and I'm not sure how much of the NCAA stuff will affect them because they can lay it all on Freeze's feet and claim they canned him even after they stood by him earlier in this story.

Also lol in my life time Ole Miss has never had sustained consistent success so how will this really be any different than most of their recent history? Had like a couple good windows that still haven't resulted in SEC titles.

• Locked thread