Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tunicate
May 15, 2012

reminder the koch brothers literally tried to buy an entire island nation so they'd never have to pay anyone taxes ever again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Fallen Hamprince posted:

10,000 leftists on twitter immediately start complaining about how dems are bad because they don't attribute 100% of the blame for the loss on russia

hampiss is to the right of schumer, lmao

I Am A Robot
Jul 1, 2006
Neoliberal fest 2017

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Vox Nihili posted:

hampiss is to the right of schumer, lmao

schumer got radicalized, he's gonna grow a gross beard and start calling neera tanden a bitch on twitter

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I Am A Robot posted:

Neoliberal fest 2017

Ah yes, the nightmarish conflagration of Vice hipsterism and mercenary TED consultancy is forming an Akira-esque blob of regenerating vestigial organs called The Resistance

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Ah yes, the nightmarish conflagration of Vice hipsterism and mercenary TED consultancy is forming an Akira-esque blob of regenerating vestigial organs called The Resistance

THINK

EAT

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i like to do both those things!!!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Yo dis is Eddie Huang dinin out with my boy, billionaire Mark Cuban. We're just about to dive in to some succulent-rear end nightmare flesh.

*takes one big & dramatic first bite*

Mmm. *smack* It's roasted all the way through. *mmm* You can taste the terror.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

I Am A Robot posted:

Neoliberal fest 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzhjY4ETXdA

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

The Nastier Nate posted:

I had my doubts about Schumer but I can honestly say he isn't the absolute worst choice for minority leader.

I'm sure it's entirely out of self interest (which in itself isn't a bad thing, if self interest is leading Democrats toward "hey, maybe we should pay attention to these angry poor people") but dude at least seems to be trying.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYAuR5bkIlQ

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
and yup we deserve nothing but the swift blade of the guillotine

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Grondoth posted:

Yeah this poo poo is Rent Collecting to the extreme.

Take that fuckin' money and make a better world with it.

Another difference between the greatest generation vs boomers, is the greatest generation weren't obsessed with tax evasion unlike their spoiled boomer offspring who passed big tax cuts for themselves
and also started the whole corporate tax evasion scams.

Tech companies like Google use every trick in the book such as the old inversion trick in Ireland and for their US tax they transfer money to shell companies in no tax states like Nevada to avoid paying State/Federal corporate tax.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

logikv9 posted:

im deadly serious about jeb

:same:

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Raskolnikov38 posted:

can't wait for the wet fart reveal on Monday

I can't remember the last time I was this hyped to be disappointed. There's a chance that it's just some water-down version of the 2016 platform, but the Democrats have been specializing in creating means tested, bureaucratic nightmare policies that help no one for decades. They could really bring their A game.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Oh my god

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Bad dems seemed to miss the whole point the poem which was about arrogance and invincibility?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

etalian posted:

Bad dems seemed to miss the whole point the poem which was about arrogance and invincibility?

It doesn't matter how great and powerful you are, because the world as it is, is transient. Even the greatest works of man are eroded by time into sand, and all remaining monuments only serve as a reminder of petty ambition. There isn't any kind of redemptive narrative about Ozymandias himself. If the monuments were to his civilization rather than the man, the end result would still be the same.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It doesn't matter how great and powerful you are, because the world as it is, is transient. Even the greatest works of man are eroded by time into sand, and all remaining monuments only serve as a reminder of petty ambition. There isn't any kind of redemptive narrative about Ozymandias himself. If the monuments were to his civilization rather than the man, the end result would still be the same.

Instead of a monuments "She Resisted" Hillary Clinton only left behind a great legacy of chillary clinton beer koozies and the Hillaryis44 website.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

etalian posted:

Instead of a monuments "She Resisted" Hillary Clinton only left behind a great legacy of chillary clinton beer koozies and the Hillaryis44 website.

still more than ozy got!

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

etalian posted:

Another difference between the greatest generation vs boomers, is the greatest generation weren't obsessed with tax evasion unlike their spoiled boomer offspring who passed big tax cuts for themselves
and also started the whole corporate tax evasion scams.

Tech companies like Google use every trick in the book such as the old inversion trick in Ireland and for their US tax they transfer money to shell companies in no tax states like Nevada to avoid paying State/Federal corporate tax.

The tax code allows it and shareholders require it. The only way to fix it is to get rid of the incentive for companies to do it. As it stands even if a company wanted to be a model of good corporate citizenship they'd just have their market share eaten up by a company willing to use every trick possible to be cheaper and grow for the sake of growth.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

etalian posted:

"My name is Hillary, queen of dragons."
"Look upon my works, 'cause IT'S MY TURN"

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
I went to politifact.com and they rated this as "highly spurious".

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

"My name is Hillary, queen of dragons."
"Look upon my works, 'cause IT'S MY TURN"

Hillaryis44 is hilarious to read especially the string of posts from 2008.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
read 👏 another 👏 poem

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVTXPUF4Oz4

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of6PLJbMnxE

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think there may be other reasons why bad dems feel an affinity with Ozymandias (AKA Ramses II, ~1303 BCE-1213 BCE)

he too was a big fan of loving up the Middle East

and horn of africa

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCP-09XJEjo

Normie Chomsky
Apr 10, 2008

i mean, if i had a giant sized chariot i'd prob want to become an imperialist warmongerer too

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Humidora posted:

i mean, if i had a giant sized chariot i'd prob want to become an imperialist warmongerer too

would that we were all red-brown titans with horses the size of elephants

e: this game looks cool

is there a sumerian/assyrian version

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Fallen Hamprince posted:

schumer got radicalized, he's gonna grow a gross beard and start calling neera tanden a bitch on twitter

*Binch

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Children of the Nile ruled

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
jesus ken if you're that hung up on going grey just shave yer dang head

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Never seen a splash second-guess its representative in-splash

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

why do the egyptians have russian accents

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Children of the Nile ruled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
just gimme another day, I'll get ya the glenngary leads!

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/889118955092271104

• Locked thread