Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

pubic works project posted:

God drat that's some Reverse Flash level poo poo.

And yet I'm still not as much if a monster as Barry Allen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

they handled a verbose hulk expertly

for fucks sake what took us so long to get to this?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Man, i barely even remember the previous two Thor movies, but that one looks hype as hell. It just looks like so much fun.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The only thing I want out of Infinity War is some good interactions between Tony and Rocket. Also that SDCC footage is dope :toot:

AbsolutelySane
Jul 2, 2012

Race Realists posted:

they handled a verbose hulk expertly

for fucks sake what took us so long to get to this?

It's always been the problem with on-screen Hulk, including the old TV show. Animated depictions have been much better about creating a Hulk character rather than a screaming rage-monster/toddler with limited agency. I firmly believe the reason the Avengers depiction of the Hulk went over so well is that they infused him with a personality beyond 'angry' and/or 'sulking'. If either of the previous Hulk movies had the balls to give Hulk a voice, they probably would have gone over better. I'm not sure why it took so long to figure that out.

AbsolutelySane fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jul 24, 2017

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Thor 3 looks as awesome as Thor 1 and 2 was boring. And some of those scenes where beautiful, prettier than anything else Marvel has put out so far, so I'm hype. Chris Hemsworth is still a black hole where charisma goes to die, but everything else looks cool.

That Avengers trailer was kinda meh. Thanos looks like a raisin or some sort of cereal mascot, not an intergalactic despot.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

McCloud posted:

That Avengers trailer was kinda meh. Thanos looks like a raisin or some sort of cereal mascot, not an intergalactic despot.

That's exactly why he's so angry and despotic, he's been told that all his life.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

teagone posted:

WB/DC drawing inspiration from Alex Ross for JL marketing was a good move:

Beautiful.

The Flash is giving me maximum Alex Ross vibes with his raised chin and downcast glance. I guess no one else got the memo. :cheeky:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

McCloud posted:

Chris Hemsworth is still a black hole where charisma goes to die, but everything else looks cool.

Who hurt you?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
See it before it gets nuked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQcslsUL2Q4

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I've reached the point where the Thor trailer makes me angry at how good it is

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Who hurt you?

Thor 1 and 2 did.

Look, I love giant pecs and washboard abs as much as the next guy (probably more), but that doesn't make someone interesting or engaging, just hot. The man might look good shirtless, but his delivery of his lines is This movies saving grace is the supporting cast that can help carry the movie, so it's not just reliant on the dullest of the Avengers (which is a feat, when you consider Hawkguy and Vision)

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Oh, gently caress off with this poo poo. Oh yeah DC is so super loving rushed, lol I bet their first movie if they were Marvel would have world war hulk in it, SO UNEARNED! Hey guys do you know you have to EARN having comic book things in movies?

You're right. I'm sorry.

Spiderman 1 would have been way cooler if they'd done the Jackel and cloned Peter and Gwen during an opening credits montage. Open with Peter crying at Gwen Stacy's grave. Then have secret wars for the whole second act and the black suit and Venom for the third. Movie ends with a red symbiote crash landing in a jail cell on death row. Follow it up with a few post credits stingers where the Sinister Six are sitting in a high rise office surrounded by cigar smoke and then have Mephisto walk in to Peter's bedroom offering to make a deal.

I'm thinking Batman Begins would really have benefited having from having Joker murder Robin right after Bruce meets Gordon for the first time in a jarring, non-connected edit, introducing Nightwing about half way through the film while Batman gets his back broken and then Azrael takes over a final showdown with Scarecrow, Bane, Joker and Penguin in the third act. Put some Riddler trophies in there and have subplot of Gordon cheating on his wife. Post credits have Barbara Gordon's doorbell ring and her opening it to reveal Joker.

Let's move this poo poo along.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
The world is Asgard. It is the 80's.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

teagone posted:

Higher res, better quality, full trailer, but way shittier angle:

https://my.mixtape.moe/maprof.mp4

I hope they fix that weird angle it was shot in in post. It was a little disorienting.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

BiggerBoat posted:

Let's move this poo poo along.

Everybody else had.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

BiggerBoat posted:

I hope they fix that weird angle it was shot in in post. It was a little disorienting.
I've only gleaned the clip, but isn't it a heavy VFX scene that would be fairly expensive to rerender?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

AbsolutelySane posted:

It's always been the problem with on-screen Hulk, including the old TV show. Animated depictions have been much better about creating a Hulk character rather than a screaming rage-monster/toddler with limited agency. I firmly believe the reason the Avengers depiction of the Hulk went over so well is that they infused him with a personality beyond 'angry' and/or 'sulking'. If either of the previous Hulk movies had had the balls to give Hulk a voice, they probably would have gone over better. I'm not sure why it took so long to figure that out.

we are never ever getting She-Hulk are we :smith:?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

ufarn posted:

I've only gleaned the clip, but isn't it a heavy VFX scene that would be fairly expensive to rerender?

Good point. I'm imagining some guy watching an entire movie shot that in that extreme 3-point perspective from the front left seat in a theater and it's amusing me.

Hopefully my joke went over and you're playing along here.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

http://i.imgur.com/7L5H4oJ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/SmKflAH.jpg

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Cap's not in the Nomad costume.

The Civil War commentary track LIED TO US.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Purple Bruce Willis with painful gas.

Die Hard 6: Yeah it's in space this time.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Imagine seeing that image in 2008 right after you saw Iron Man.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

Where's Ant-Man?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Who caaares

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Cap looks like he just smelled a fart.

Honestly as impressive as Thor is shaping up to look, Avengers is looking lackluster and boring. Something as cool as destroying the moon was shot as basic and dull as possible

McCloud fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jul 23, 2017

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

McCloud posted:

Avengers is looking lackluster and boring. Something as cool as destroying the moon was shot as basic and dull as possible

Yeah and what was up with that angle. They apparently didn't even shoot the far right half of the movie. Using my extremely good sources and video that I have access to, I can 100% say this move is going to suck.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Zzulu posted:

Who caaares

I care

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

The only - the only downside I can see to Ragnarok is that it doesn't have Beta Ray Bill, which is the one thing stopping it being peak Simonson.

Phantom Star
Feb 16, 2005

Reset Smith posted:

Where's Ant-Man?

You gotta zoom in... A lot.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Alright, who's the guy between Loki and Groot? Do I have a hole in my brain?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Thor

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

...Thor.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Grem posted:

Alright, who's the guy between Loki and Groot? Do I have a hole in my brain?

That's Thor. See a neurologist.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

God damnit.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Aphrodite posted:

Die Hard 6: Yeah it's in space this time.

So the third act of The Fifth Element.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Why is Widow's hair white? Did that happen and i just completely forgot about it? Are brain problems like Thor-blindness contagious?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

a kitten posted:

Why is Widow's hair white? Did that happen and i just completely forgot about it? Are brain problems like Thor-blindness contagious?

There's too many redheads now. So she's blonde.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Is it just the lighting or are the star and the Avengers logo missing from Cap's top? It'd be a pretty slick way to show the Nomad path he's on

• Locked thread