Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Clear a Gr70 in time and you too can eat primal ancient fart pants and puzzle rings

Fart pants were my first primal

Incidentally, Primal Fart Pants is the name of my new band.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

When's the next season?

Hauki
May 11, 2010

dentist toy box posted:

When's the next season?

I think a week from today

Black_Oni 165
Mar 11, 2015
Today was a good day.

Started today doing T5 with my Necro, hoping for a few good drops.

Got a Jesseth Skullshield, filled that set.
Got a few pieces of the Rathma set that I needed to max the set along with the RORG

End the day doing T11 level GR with little difficulty as uber skelly mages nuke everything.

What amulets and belts do you guys find useful for a Rathma Necro? Currently just running with a Hellfire Amulet and a Cord of the Sherma.
Would like to swap the amulet for a Wisdom of Kalan if I can find a lv70 one for extra damage resistance, but not sure about the belt slot at all...

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Black_Oni 165 posted:

Today was a good day.

Started today doing T5 with my Necro, hoping for a few good drops.

Got a Jesseth Skullshield, filled that set.
Got a few pieces of the Rathma set that I needed to max the set along with the RORG

End the day doing T11 level GR with little difficulty as uber skelly mages nuke everything.

What amulets and belts do you guys find useful for a Rathma Necro? Currently just running with a Hellfire Amulet and a Cord of the Sherma.
Would like to swap the amulet for a Wisdom of Kalan if I can find a lv70 one for extra damage resistance, but not sure about the belt slot at all...

Necro really only has one belt, Dayntees Binding I think it's called. Gives you a huge DR bump if you have someone cursed via decrepify.

Black_Oni 165
Mar 11, 2015
Noted. That is a pretty good bonus

yahboy_goku
Jul 13, 2006

PSN: michwall ready for coop, sirs

Black_Oni 165
Mar 11, 2015
I'll be on for the next few hours.
Able to run T12 decently easily so anyone that needs a boost pop me a message

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Anyone on Xbone want the makings of a good Roland crusader set? I've slowly upgraded mine to ancients and need to free up some stash space.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

drat, got my first piece of Necromancer set gear; Rathma's boots.

I need Inarius stuff though :negative:

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
I had been using the Pestilence set, which was fun but I got my full Inarius and it is insane. I think I'd like to get Rathmas set because I have better options for accessories. Also, I have found about a billion Krelms belts and Strings of Ears.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

jodai posted:

I had been using the Pestilence set, which was fun but I got my full Inarius and it is insane. I think I'd like to get Rathmas set because I have better options for accessories. Also, I have found about a billion Krelms belts and Strings of Ears.

Inarius of pretty fun and super easy to play. After the Star Weaver nerf it falls apart at GR80ish.

Black_Oni 165
Mar 11, 2015

the_steve posted:

drat, got my first piece of Necromancer set gear; Rathma's boots.

I need Inarius stuff though :negative:

Nothing wrong with Rathma set. Managed to clear GR70 last night without much difficulty, only one ancient piece in the set and Paragon 500ish so it can definitely get you going far enough to get lots of Inarius pieces.

I am having the opposite issue, with lots of ancient pieces dropping for all 3 of the other sets. Inarius, Pestilence, and Trag all have at least 3 ancients for me but only one on Rathma....

If you are on PS4 I can hook you up with Inarius pieces if you would like.

Black_Oni 165 fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Jul 18, 2017

JuicedSixFo
Mar 16, 2007
Coming back to play this upcoming season on PS4. I've spent probably 90% of my D3 life between Monk and Barb.

A part of me wants to roll Monk again just because of the familiarity and fun with end game Monk (once you get used to infinite dash, life sucks without it), but debating on rolling my first ever DH, or Wiz... I just always end up gravitating towards melee.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Black_Oni 165 posted:

Nothing wrong with Rathma set. Managed to clear GR70 last night without much difficulty, only one ancient piece in the set and Paragon 500ish so it can definitely get you going far enough to get lots of Inarius pieces.

I am having the opposite issue, with lots of ancient pieces dropping for all 3 of the other sets. Inarius, Pestilence, and Trag all have at least 3 ancients for me but only one on Rathma....

If you are on PS4 I can hook you up with Inarius pieces if you would like.

I am on PS4, but, my PS+ needs renewed and I won't be able to do that until Friday at the earliest.

On the bright side, I did get the gloves from the Inarius set the other night out of a run.
I'm nowhere near GR70 though, at best, I can maybe clear GR12 at the moment, assuming I'm understanding the terminology right.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Will be rolling Barbarian, my boy and his lady are rolling Monk and Witch Doctor so it should be fun. Feel free to hit me up at PSN: burtology

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
PSN: zerodrone

This is the first time I'm doing this Season business. Playing Necro

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

did the new season start? maybe ill play a little bit of this one since im waiting for the poe patch

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Started yesterday, shout out to the goons who friended me, hopefully I'll see you guys soon.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I think I'll do hardcore this season. Which class should I try? So far I've only done Monk, Crusader, and Necromancer. I've started DH and Barb but not gotten very far.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

im going dh just because you get the ue set for free

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Awesome! posted:

im going dh just because you get the ue set for free

How viable is DH for hardcore though?

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
My PSN is geektox, me and the little 'un are playing crusader and witch doctor. We won't be super active but feel free to add me!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Chill Penguin posted:

How viable is DH for hardcore though?

how good are you with smart positioning and not standing in ground effects?

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I avoid ground effects and try to evade projectiles, if that's what you mean. I didn't get killed as a Necro until I bumped it up to Torment I. (Only on Act II at the moment though.)

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
The biggest problem I've seen for my DH is sucker punches like the worms exploding out of the ground or jumpers like winged assassins and lacuni. Its viable but you are going to have to watch out foe those bad boys.

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

In case of accidental ingestion, please consult a mortician.
Is anyone sitting on extra ancient versions of the Compass Rose and Wailing Host they wouldn't mind parting with? I've been trying to get up to grift 70 solo with my hobo build. PSN is SpaceLeftEmpty.

Black_Oni 165
Mar 11, 2015

Mr. Yuk posted:

Is anyone sitting on extra ancient versions of the Compass Rose and Wailing Host they wouldn't mind parting with? I've been trying to get up to grift 70 solo with my hobo build. PSN is SpaceLeftEmpty.

Sent you a compass rose on HC Non Seasonal.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I got this on PS4 some time ago and got two characters doing T5, a monk and a necro. Gonna start a new seasonal char right now and of course the communities on PSN is not working, can someone invite me please? PSN is Guillermus_

Zombones
Oct 17, 2004
Welp. I died on HC seasonal. Anyone mind letting me leech back up to 70? I am very bad. PSN is jisfordinosaur

WILL RETURN THR FAVOR

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

thank you for the dawn drop in my 60s game. carried me to 70 then went in the cube and carried me into torment with the 4 free pieces of ue. easy game.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

So uh.. how about that challenge rift?

Fatigued
Feb 5, 2010
Nap Ghost

Astrochicken posted:

So uh.. how about that challenge rift?

I tried it a couple of times before deciding it wasn't worth my time. That one is terrible. Not sure how they picked it, that monk doesn't even have a belt equipped.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

He has a belt but it's a Witching Hour from vanilla D3 so it doesn't exist in the console version. Even with the belt it's truly terrible.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's probably some dude's random Monk from vanilla that's been sitting untouched since RoS released. You can tell because he's using the teleport rune for Fists of Thunder and tornadoes for Sweeping Wind which were part of a very popular build when the expansion first came out but have since fallen out of favor.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

It had to have done that GR30 though, the challenge rifts are someone else's rift run just duplicated and sent out. The rings on the enchantress were probably bought from the RMAH when it still existed.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Yeah the monk challenge rift is pretty lovely. The best strategy I have found so far is to try to bypass as many regular enemies as possible and only kill blues and yellows by popping every ability on the bar and holding down left click.

My best time was just missing the clock by like five seconds. The rift definitely seems barely doable but it seems like your success is hugely dependent on random factors. The second floor being almost empty doesn't exactly help either.

And don't be afraid to town portal if you start getting behind. Might as well save a few minutes once you know you're not going to make it on time.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I rebirthed my necro to do season on console and I want those shards from the reward to roll for the mage ring early but wow that build is such a nightmare. I was over a minute behind on two runs of it.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

Been a while since I played on my monk so it took a few runs to get in the groove. Still failed a bunch more. Then I got a good run and things were clicking and I beat it with almost 20 sec to spare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

oh my god i just discovered the angry chicken speed farming variation for the helltooth witch doctor. so much fun and completely fixes my main problem with the build which was poor clear speed on easier content (bounties, normal rifts, 55ish grifts) due to no movement skill.

i am somehow missing a set of nemesis bracers though so if anyone wants to hit me up with one of those i would appreciate it. psn is super_aggro_crag

im back to non-seasonal play now since chapter 5 has set dungeon completion and no thank you