Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Did adam finally abandon his oatmeal style rip off? Who's he stealing from now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

We poo poo on Tinsley a lot. For good reason. But this might just be one of the dumbest metaphors he's ever done. Or at least, it's so dumb I'm unable to get past the dumbness to see the offensiveness.

Omnivores.

You know, that thing literally all humans are. We all don't conform to that stupid binary. I assume he still eats meat and unless he's found an alcohol made of meat he's a loving omnivore too.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Pants Donkey posted:

Wow this uh...you gotta be in deep to own yourself via strawman and still go "Wuving Gawd :kimchi: "

At the risk of getting a bit too r/atheist, I don't think the average person would think too highly of a dad who had his innocent son put to death so a criminal could go free.
Criminals that HE CONDEMNED HIMSELF. Based on anscestral guilt.

And (once again, just to reiterate) the whole concept of "original sin" is primarily a Christian idea made to justify Jesus' sacrifice as accomplishing something.

Let me tell you about a person who definitely never helped ethnically cleanse anyone.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Jul 23, 2017

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I gotta say I was glad about the new press secretary so I can finally be relevant again

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Men and women = carnivore and herbivore, one of which literally murders the other to grow strong on their remains

Never knew tinsley was such an ardent feminist

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Angepain posted:

Men and women = carnivore and herbivore, one of which literally murders the other to grow strong on their remains

Never knew tinsley was such an ardent feminist

That only makes sense biologically speaking if it's the women who eat the men, like many types of spiders and insects do.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

That's a much more likely take on it for Tinsley to have, at least. Nobody tell Mac.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"Books for the beach – Chris Riddell on some essential political reading for the summer recess"

Independent on Sunday:

Sunday Times:

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
just what we need, dilbert for retail sales.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

Sir Tonk posted:

You're right!

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Sandpuppy posted:

I guess this means the Republicans are too inept to deal with a simple pile of donkey manure in the road.

I enjoy these oppositeofreality.jpg Obamacare cartoons more and more as the repeal efforts founder.

If Obamacare were the pile of poo poo/avatar of death that conservative cartoonists say, Republicans would have zero problems repealing it, hell they wouldn't even need a replacement if it were actually killing more people than the pre-2010 healthcare system, they could kill it today.

The whole reason they can't repeal it is they know doing that would kill hundreds of thousands of people over the next decade, and while they obviously want that or at least don't care about it as long as the rich get a tax cut, there are a critical few legislators that fear for what will happen to their jobs if they go ahead with killing that many people. So now they're talking about finding a better replacement that conservatives are ideologically incapable of creating because it would involve spending money to help people and they don't want to do that.

But of course the conservative cartoonists can't say any of that because it would look terrible, so they just keep making cartoons about Obamacare killing all these people, meanwhile Republican Senators are in the news defending their no repeal vote by admitting the truth that the CBO is right about how many people these ever-worse Republican bills will kill if they pass. Which inevitably implies that almost everything they said about Obamacare for 7 years was all lies.

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jul 23, 2017

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Two Things Happened but I can't be mad at this Spicy caricature :3:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Sir Tonk posted:

It's called "Retail", and it's really good.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Discendo Vox posted:

It's called "Retail", and it's okay but not as good as Gil.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

I prefer Benette's:

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

HootTheOwl posted:

I prefer Benette's:

I think that's a coathangar, not a paperclip. Which, while still accurate, is a whole different (more depressing) message.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

In the GBS China thread awhile back I heard a story about people beating on animals in the street until some horrified passers-by would eventually pay him to stop. Not sure how true it is?

sitchensis
Mar 4, 2009

Oh boy here we go again...

"escape into space to get away from politics" is a recurring storyline every two loving months for this lovely comic

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Pants Donkey posted:

Also, Adam Ford decided to do some cartoons

A
Wow this uh...you gotta be in deep to own yourself via strawman and still go "Wuving Gawd :kimchi: "

At the risk of getting a bit too r/atheist, I don't think the average person would think too highly of a dad who had his innocent son put to death so a criminal could go free.

It kind of works if you remember the Trinity and think of it as God sacrificing himself. But then you have to ask why God needed a sacrifice in the first place. If He's all-powerful, why does he need someone to die before He can say "you're forgiven?" There are a lot of theories about how the atonement worked (I'm partial to Christus Victor), but penal substitutionary atonement makes no sense and turns God into a monster.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Jurgan posted:

It kind of works if you remember the Trinity and think of it as God sacrificing himself. But then you have to ask why God needed a sacrifice in the first place. If He's all-powerful, why does he need someone to die before He can say "you're forgiven?" There are a lot of theories about how the atonement worked (I'm partial to Christus Victor), but penal substitutionary atonement makes no sense and turns God into a monster.

Especially when you account for original sin also, which means that they are still sinful and bad for something they didn't even do but need to atone for anyway. Does Adam ever dare think about how people ever misuse his religion in a real sense or is he just a permanent reverse whataboutism shell that needs to counter any potential argument or inconvenient idea against his faith so he doesn't have to think about anything at all?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Crabtree posted:

Does Adam ever dare think

Let me stop you right there.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

sitchensis posted:

"escape into space to get away from politics" is a recurring storyline every two loving months for this lovely comic

Ripping off Achewood, and for a dumber reason:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

sitchensis posted:

"escape into space to get away from politics"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1Sq1Nr58hM

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:eyepop:

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

I'm mad about this

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
:razorback:

Unfortunately, only the Democrat Gazette out of Little Rock does political cartoons more than once a week, and the vast majority of papers in Arkansas don't have them online to begin with, if they have a cartoonist at all.

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD

Faustian Bargain posted:

Did adam finally abandon his oatmeal style rip off? Who's he stealing from now?

I'm getting an smbc vibe from it

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Sure, they can partially escape Trump by going to the KBO, but how long do they think the Doosan Bears will put up with their poo poo?

What's wrong with your face.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

This was a good execution, I'm curious to see more from this cartoonist.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

sitchensis posted:

Oh boy here we go again...

I wouldn't put it past Stallie for them to blast off into an alternate reality where Clinton won, just to contrive a reason to go back to their safe space again and stop having to pretend to criticise conservatives.

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

Gonna start using Wealthcare, surprised I havnt heard of that phrase used to describe what the gently caress our healthcare system is.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

No fangs? 2/10.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

BlueBlazer posted:

Gonna start using Wealthcare, surprised I havnt heard of that phrase used to describe what the gently caress our healthcare system is.

It was coined by one of the Pod Save America guys, I think Jon Favreau.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

you what

• Locked thread