Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

pissdude posted:

The tagline for episode 12 is "Let's Rock" :rms:
That was the first thing I thought when I saw this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tikifire
Jun 22, 2006

Would you like to touch my monkey?
That was a great episode. I think Lynch is doing a bit of trolling too.

"The fans want Cherry Pie? I'll GIVE THEM Cherry Pie!"

When Dougie was eating the pie after hearing the music and zoning out a second he switched into almost full on Cooper mode. He was moving more fluidly, his voice dropped into Cooper territory, and he said "drat Good Pie" and grinned just like he used to. Then he repeated "friends" to the brothers as if signalling this was bringing back memories of this pals in Twin Peaks. I think Cooper's on his way back in a big way. Maybe even all the way in the next episode. As much as Dougie has been fun and Kyle M. has been awesome in the role, I think it's time for Coop to come out and play.

nopants
May 29, 2004

n4 posted:

I'm intrigued by the fact Gordon started to get sucked into a Lodge-type space, Albert sees whats up and stops it, and then they both go on and just... leave it and go on with their lives? I guess they can't go into the Lodge now but they do seem very unconcerned with the fact that portal is there. Not that they can even do anything about it.

I imagine Gordon and Albert are FBI agents in the mulder and scully vein that deals with weird poo poo all the time.

n4
Jul 26, 2001

Poor Chu-Chu : (

Tikifire
Jun 22, 2006

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

When we watched that I told my wife "poor Shelley can't catch a break" but then saw she was with crazy drug-dealing magician and realized that it's her own drat fault for her bad taste in men. Obviously she and Bobby got married at some point because they called her Shelley Briggs but they broke up. I'm guessing once he turned into a "good man" she didn't dig him any more. She just loves the bad dudes and her daughter has taken her example and run with it.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

How is this show so good

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

mfw when dougie says "drat good"

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I was kind of hoping she would keep holding on and we'd get a time lapse of becky driving all over town with shelly on the hood. :downs:

Tikifire posted:

When we watched that I told my wife "poor Shelley can't catch a break" but then saw she was with crazy drug-dealing magician and realized that it's her own drat fault for her bad taste in men. Obviously she and Bobby got married at some point because they called her Shelley Briggs but they broke up. I'm guessing once he turned into a "good man" she didn't dig him any more. She just loves the bad dudes and her daughter has taken her example and run with it.

Seeing her macking on drug wizard made me legitimately upset so good job on that one I guess Lynch

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
My favorite moments from this episode:

The Room

Competing with Game of Thrones
http://i.imgur.com/OcJ8bF2.jpg

Ruh-Roh Raggy

drat Good

Mod edit:
Don't inline nudity, even fake nudity.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jul 29, 2017

Art Alexakis
Mar 27, 2008
More proof Richard is Evil Coops son. Kid fires a gun and then we see him dressed in hunting gear just like his dad.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
Pretty much all of that episode was extremely the poo poo.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Apple Craft posted:

Ruh-Roh Raggy

"He's dead."

CJacobs posted:

Seeing her macking on drug wizard made me legitimately upset so good job on that one I guess Lynch

Maybe her and Bobby's relationship lacked....magic!

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.

CJacobs posted:

Oh god I forgot that was him. Goddamnit Shelly :ughh:

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
I loved that episode. All of it. What the gently caress was with the vomiting child in the car...

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

nopants posted:

She was the woman in the stairwell with becky's deadbeat husband.

:smith:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Cromulent posted:

I loved that episode. All of it. What the gently caress was with the vomiting child in the car...

There is no way that won't be followed up on, right? The honking lady is clearly in some kind of Briggs/Lodge/woodmen zone and is frantically driving toward wherever the plot is at last meandering.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Also, why did the darkness hobo blow up matthew lillard's head? I do not understand why that happened other than "his character has served its purpose so see you in hell Shaggy!"

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

The entire diner/gunshot/vomit sequence is pretty high up there for best scenes of the revival for me so far. That was virtuoso David Lynch, it was all there

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

The Senator Giroux posted:

I guess I'm having a dougie moment because I don't know why that didn't click for me

MullardEL34 posted:

They rearranged it a bit and played it slower on the piano.

also i think the rest of it mighta been a jauntier version of the fire walk with me theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tmp2DV0BgPc&t=29s

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

i was not expecting the mitchum brothers plotline to go in that direction and i'm extremely glad it did. this show is the best

they're best friends now :)

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012
Catatonic Dougie really helps sell me on the metaphor that reboots are soulless but this show owns so hard

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

I gotta say, after complaining about no momentum I was hooked on that episode. Finally it felt like a show. Until we hit Dougie-noir. Then it came to screeching halt. :smith:

The Mitchum brothers are pretty entertaining, but the foil of Dougie kinda saps all my care about that subplot. I wonder if the Mitchum bros will stay relevant until the last episode or they'll just pass Dougie off to his next misadventure. My guess is the later.

nopants
May 29, 2004

No Mods No Masters posted:

The entire diner/gunshot/vomit sequence is pretty high up there for best scenes of the revival for me so far. That was virtuoso David Lynch, it was all there

Bobby is really loving awesome. I hope we get to see a scene of him still being best buds with mike.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012

Apple Craft fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jul 24, 2017

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

There were many things to love about this episode, but I've decided upon deep reflection that my favorite of all is the van flute

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Come to the realization that you're never getting Cooper back and you'll enjoy the show better

nopants
May 29, 2004

Phi230 posted:

Come to the realization that you're never getting Cooper back and you'll enjoy the show better

He's coming back and it'll be earned.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Was that Badalamenti playing the piano?

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

General Dog posted:

Was that Badalamenti playing the piano?

nah badalamenti is the coffee dude in mulholland dr if you've seen that

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

There were many things to love about this episode, but I've decided upon deep reflection that my favorite of all is the van flute

I love that the van pulls up like 10 seconds later, like that guy is just always in the van around the corner, following Carl Rod in case he ever needs a ride into town.

Angrymantium
Jul 19, 2007
Resistant to everything
So vomitting kid is the kid Richard ran down, right?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Uh, Shelly? I don't think that is the appropriate time to gleefully run into the arms and make out with the guy you're currently seeing.

Just saying.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
Some others have previously surmised that a lot of the stuff going on in the town of Twin Peaks so far in S3 has to do with the Black Lodge influence sort of poisoning the local population. I wasn't really on-board with that theory previously, but I feel like this episode likely confirms that in some form or another. Hawk's map seems to show a brewing death/sickness/chaos overwhelming the area. This festering insanity is going on everywhere and the out-of-it vomiting kid seems like a really clear visual metaphor for that to me.

EDIT - Also, lol 25 years go by and Shelly still can't help but hook up with the biggest poo poo head drug dealers in town. That's a bummer to me. It seems like, for better or worse, pretty much all the other returning characters have changed or developed in the last two and a half decades. Not Shelly though.

NObodyNOWHERE fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jul 24, 2017

Tikifire
Jun 22, 2006

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

Some others have previously surmised that a lot of the stuff going on in the town of Twin Peaks so far in S3 has to do with the Black Lodge influence sort of poisoning the local population. I wasn't really on-board with that theory previously, but I feel like this episode likely confirms that in some form or another. Hawk's map seems to show a brewing death/sickness/chaos overwhelming the area. This festering insanity is going on everywhere and the out-of-it vomiting kid seems like a really clear visual metaphor for that to me.

EDIT - Also, lol 25 years go by and Shelly still can't help but hook up with the biggest poo poo head drug dealers in town. That's a bummer to me. It seems like, for better or worse, pretty much all the other returning characters have changed or developed in the last two and a half decades. Not Shelly though.

That's an interesting theory. We'll see if it plays out.

Twin Peaks Revival: The Drug Dealers Change, But Shelly Remains.

Tikifire fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jul 24, 2017

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Fat lady on the horn owned. I love this show.

I hope Dougie stays full mongo til the end of the show

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
that was the best non 50 minute atomic bomb montage episode

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Lol if you think this season should be anything other than exactly what it is

Tikifire
Jun 22, 2006

Lol if you think this season should be anything other than exactly what it is

David Lynch trolling Internet Dweebs? General Public Viewers?

Tikifire fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jul 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
More than any other episode so far this one felt like way longer than an hour.

Also seconding the best thing in the episode being the van summoning whistle