Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Dosia is napping at Disney Land!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Popelmon posted:

Aww I'm so happy for Zeus.

💯

and what a map, so back and forwards, I was standing in my chair at points

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
That was great. I'm really happy for all the Gambit guys. I was really terrified the whole second half of Inferno.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
ps.
eat poo poo na'vi

e: haha and Zeus changed his legendary pinned tweet

https://twitter.com/ZeusCS_GO/status/889191898719694848

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jul 23, 2017

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Bohemian Nights posted:

ps.
eat poo poo na'vi

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Hobbit 1v4 was absolutely mental. Without that, there was a real chance they just were blown out from then on. One of the most impactful clutches at a Major ever probably.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
let's not forget the smartest HE ever thrown in cs:go history

https://clips.twitch.tv/FaintWildSoymilkLitty

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

yessss my boy zeus

gets backstabbed by team he helped build, takes a bunch of has-beens and unknowns to a major title while his previous team goes down the shitter without him. What a guy.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Yeah, that's that good poo poo. The real good poo poo.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Katana Gomai posted:

Same. Gonna be interesting to see what percentile I'll arrive at with exactly 24 points, I don't think more than half of the people who played this time will get any trophy

Hah, I was right on this. 38% rank with my 24 points, which means just over a third of all players got any trophy this time. Silver (50+ points) is top 4% apparently

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer
51 points despite not locking in any semi or final picks, not like it'd matter though

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

dex_sda posted:

yessss my boy zeus

gets backstabbed by team he helped build, takes a bunch of has-beens and unknowns to a major title while his previous team goes down the shitter without him. What a guy.

this sustains me.

cs has never been more entertaining imo. the closest to real parity between teams we'll ever see

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
Any comprehensive highlight vids around? Can't find a good place other than 'top' on the subreddit which is just a few short clips.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Michael Scott posted:

Any comprehensive highlight vids around? Can't find a good place other than 'top' on the subreddit which is just a few short clips.

Just watch the whole BO3, it was good.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

dex_sda posted:

yessss my boy zeus

:unsmigghh: yeah that's the good schadenfreude

The finals would have been good either way, it's probably the better storyline that Gambit won but Immortals deserve a title sometime soon too, they're just becoming monsters.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Beamed posted:

Just watch the whole BO3, it was good.

What does BO3 mean and where can I watch it?

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Michael Scott posted:

http://bfy.tw/CzoD

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Michael Scott posted:

Battle of 3; typically for streams like this it's on the twitch channel under 'videos'.

I have no idea what games people normally commentate on in here, but for majors/Cologne it's hyped up in the game client all the time.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Best of

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lmfao at battle of three

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:
Though I'm bummed Astralis didn't make it I'm super happy for Gambit

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Beamed posted:

Battle of 3

:laffo:

Michael Scott posted:

Mr Pink's back? :getin:

surc
Aug 17, 2004

https://twitter.com/ESL/status/889485386040455168

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
free my nigga dazed

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
How long until Cloud 9 picks up Swag?

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Push El Burrito posted:

How long until Cloud 9 picks up Swag?

Probably never because they still can't compete in majors. It's a shame because dropping shroud (and maybe n0thing) for swag and/or dazed would make them absolutely insane.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
"We surveyed community opinion" aka all the 13 year olds on twitch and friends of the players.

Worst decision ever lmao. I hope valve pulls any license they have to use the game in any way/shape/form

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Good for them, imo

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

canoshiz posted:

Probably never because they still can't compete in majors. It's a shame because dropping shroud (and maybe n0thing) for swag and/or dazed would make them absolutely insane.

They picked up Brax like 6 months ago and competed with him in the only event that wasn't part of ESL/ESEA/Valve, I don't doubt we'll be seeing him a lot more as a player than 'team buddy' or whatever their 'clearly we're waiting for a ban to be lifted' title was

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Audax posted:

"We surveyed community opinion" aka all the 13 year olds on twitch and friends of the players.

Worst decision ever lmao. I hope valve pulls any license they have to use the game in any way/shape/form

Shut up idiot

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

Luna Was Here posted:

Shut up idiot

Admin ban this man

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

trying to jack off posted:

lmfao at battle of three

lol

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

decided to look up esic and lol @ their "anti-doping" policy

ya ill just disclose some of my medical info to this 3rd party so i don't get in trouble for taking meds that don't make you better at games anyway

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

ThePeavstenator posted:

decided to look up esic and lol @ their "anti-doping" policy

ya ill just disclose some of my medical info to this 3rd party so i don't get in trouble for taking meds that don't make you better at games anyway

that's how pro sports work

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Katana Gomai posted:

that's how pro sports work

I hold this opinion for pretty much every skill-based sport. PEDs as some kind of competition-ruining boogeyman is the refrain of idiots.

e:

Since esports are still maturing I would prefer it if they didn't make it an issue, especially because the difference a can of monster and 10mg of ritalin have on your ability to flick AWP shots or have accurate rifle sprays is close to nothing.

ThePeavstenator fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jul 24, 2017

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
there's nothing I can't destroy when im on pcp, including my monitor

surc
Aug 17, 2004

ThePeavstenator posted:

I hold this opinion for pretty much every skill-based sport. PEDs as some kind of competition-ruining boogeyman is the refrain of idiots.

e:

Since esports are still maturing I would prefer it if they didn't make it an issue, especially because the difference a can of monster and 10mg of ritalin have on your ability to flick AWP shots or have accurate rifle sprays is close to nothing.

Yes good, let us encourage a bunch of teenagers (who are looked up to by a much larger group of teenagers) to take amphetamines because they feel like they need to in order to be able to compete at the highest level of the game they are passionate about. This is a good and smart and cool idea with no downside.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
I drank a redbull once before playing CS, it was wild

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

surc posted:

Yes good, let us encourage a bunch of teenagers (who are looked up to by a much larger group of teenagers) to take amphetamines because they feel like they need to in order to be able to compete at the highest level of the game they are passionate about. This is a good and smart and cool idea with no downside.

nah i just don't think you need to make a bunch of people piss in a cup to enforce fairness against some imaginary form of cheating

alternatively i don't think you need to make the ones that fail either disclose their medical history or find a doctor that will sign the paperwork to not get busted

e:

when I say imaginary I mean "doesn't actually make you better"

ThePeavstenator fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jul 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

surc posted:

Look, man, if you're a teenager and you're looking up to people playing esports then meth is probably an improvement.