Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

ohhyeah posted:

One thing I never noticed until I did it accidentally today, you can right click on your stash tabs to change their icons!

I've had this game since vanilla launch and had over 1k hours in before RoS launched. Plus the however many hours I've got from coming back in season 9.

I say all this to give context to the following: I just found out that you can hold ctrl and mouse over an item on the ground to look at the item stats pop-up as if it were in your inventory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
If you think that's bad, only the other day did I realise that the minimap icon for a speed pylon isn't some sort of extremely poorly drawn arrow/fast-forward sign, but a foot mid-stride. :downs:

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Dislike button posted:

:allbuttons:
Fix the lovely rift density that still happens about 60% of the time. I assume they want variation between rifts but why is the entire concept of a lovely rift even a thing. gently caress all these half empty caves. Not everything has to be a graveyard tileset with an elite on every screen but some of these are really bad.

Yes Please. I ran 2 different GR's earlier that had the mile long hallway that were soo long you have to scroll the minimap to see both ends of it, with gently caress all for mobs in it.

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Wow set dungeons are loving garbage.

Yes, yes they are.

Is there any good ring I can cube for the Raiment set other than CoE? I have one, but really just don't like the drat thing and hate trying to use it.

I'm currently running the 'Immune to Arcane' amulet, but might swap it for the 'Immune to Freezing' one because holy gently caress frozen has been a common as balls modifier and I hate it.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
The 4pc Tal Rasha is poo poo and makes getting the GR 25 solo a pain in the rear end cockblock you have to farm for.

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
LoN Bombardment was the only time I paid attention to CoE cycle as it would time perfectly with your bombardment casts with the right cooldown %

Also Necro is pretty drat fun even if I'm scared to push too hard on hardcore

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

new phone who dis posted:

The 4pc Tal Rasha is poo poo and makes getting the GR 25 solo a pain in the rear end cockblock you have to farm for.

TR owns at every possible stage and has one of the easiest pathways into regular T10 farming of any class set.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

exquisite tea posted:

TR owns at every possible stage and has one of the easiest pathways into regular T10 farming of any class set.

Ehhh, the 4-piece bonus doesn't boost your damage at all, which does make the GR20 to get six-piece kinda weird. If you haven't gotten much good gear aside from your gifts, I can see why someone would have problems.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Every season I end up doing the GR20 solo with miscellaneous legendaries and yellows. If you have a high damage level 70 weapon, it's easy. Don't have one? Craft it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Kyrosiris posted:

Ehhh, the 4-piece bonus doesn't boost your damage at all, which does make the GR20 to get six-piece kinda weird. If you haven't gotten much good gear aside from your gifts, I can see why someone would have problems.

It's extremely easy to hit GR20 with Tal's just with the 2pc, in fact I did this exact thing on the first night of the season.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
WolfCryer is making a series called Diablo basics targeted specifically for new/returning players that I think a lot of you new guys to the thread would/could benefit from: Link

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Is this season's path a lot more difficult than the last one, or is it just me? I don't see any way I'm going to be able to complete a GR20 within the time limit unless I grind my Paragon Levels to poo poo, and I don't remember this high of difficulty doing last season. Doing Rathma's, if that is any help.

e: vvv if you could link to the build you're discussing, I'd appreciate it, because the highest-rated ones I'm seeing are either for another set, or variations on the one I'm already playing and I don't understand why everything is taking so long to kill.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jul 24, 2017

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

MisterBibs posted:

Is this season's path a lot more difficult than the last one, or is it just me? I don't see any way I'm going to be able to complete a GR20 within the time limit unless I grind my Paragon Levels to poo poo. Doing Rathma's, if that is any help.

The build in Diablo fans worked fine for me. I did have the weapon that made blood sucker hit three dudes and the offhand that made you blow up in blood nova using blood sucker however.

Really I was a walking B rate horror flick in gr20.

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
I did it pretty easily on my Necro. I had the 4 piece and a couple of other semi-decent legendaries but nothing spectacular. Used the 6 piece Rathma build.

Easy enough that I finished it with like 3-4 mins left not as in I'm OP and smash the hell out of everything, had to work for it and had to grind through the lower levels just to unlock lvl 20 as I was quite slow.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
How do I pick up jeweller recipes? That's the last thing I have left for the season journey and the last bit of my set before tackling those insane conquests. They expect me to do all that poo poo for a stash tab?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
They're found in bounty caches. I think some treasure goblins might be able to drop them too?

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Of note is that jeweler recipes are labeled in yellow, in case you've been avoiding picking up anything yellow.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Holy gently caress every time I try a Gr70 there's a fuckjng elite pack immediately upon entry. Not loving happening on a Demon Hunter, Jesus.

Edit: jfc finally

Pozload Escobar fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jul 24, 2017

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Finally beat a GR70 as monk. Makes me wish I had started as something else, seeing my friends so easily smash it up with necromancer and crusader and the like. I am not a diablo expert by any means though, and only play for a week or two every other season.

I tried a few builds, including generator, sunwuko LTK, and Inna EP, but oddly I found it easiest with one that I had copied from the number four monk on the ladder. It isn't on icy veins at all, and is an Inna's LTK setup. Here is the picture of that guy.

You don't even have a generator. Basically you perma-epiphany with the help of obsidian ring of the zodiac, and you LTK everything i the face. The rabid strike copies your LTKs during epiphany, for double the LTK fun. You rely on a combination of inna auras, sweeping wind+inner storm, air ally button, and epiphany to keep your spirit up.

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Jul 24, 2017

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

I don't understand why helltooth garg builds take Piranhas over acid rain. It seems like I'm just twiddling my thumbs most of the time when wall of death and piranhas are both on cd at it does less damage to boot. What am I missing?

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Any build that you find having downtime follows a sort of pattern instead of straight fighting. During the cooldowns (and/or when convention of elements isn't on your main damage element) you run around grouping up enemies, then you pile all your poo poo on the group.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Virtue posted:

I don't understand why helltooth garg builds take Piranhas over acid rain. It seems like I'm just twiddling my thumbs most of the time when wall of death and piranhas are both on cd at it does less damage to boot. What am I missing?

Gargs are super dumb and rely on their cleave area damage to kill elites. Your playstyles would be to run around and find density, piranado, spirit walk into the crowd of poo poo you made and recast gargs. With grave injustice and enough mobs, you should be able to reset your cool down for the next pack.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

Should it be possible for me as a level 70 seasonal necromancer who's trying desperately to get a skele mage ring, to make a level 1 seasonal necromancer and spend all the blood shards i'm getting on my main character trying to gamble for the ring on the level 1 character, as there's a smaller pool of possible legendary rings?

I've spent a couple of thousand shards trying this but kadala keeps giving me leoric's signets :(

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Bad Parenting posted:

Should it be possible for me as a level 70 seasonal necromancer who's trying desperately to get a skele mage ring, to make a level 1 seasonal necromancer and spend all the blood shards i'm getting on my main character trying to gamble for the ring on the level 1 character, as there's a smaller pool of possible legendary rings?

I've spent a couple of thousand shards trying this but kadala keeps giving me leoric's signets :(

Yes. I got 5 leorics before getting it. My friend got it first try.

Keep trying!

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

How does the gambling with blood shards actually work with the low level characters? What level items say level 1 character can actually get from it? Haven't done it, but apparently my impression (from https://www.d3planner.com/game/kadala) that for example gambling at 11 for a ring with necromancer can get you Nailuij's Evol only, is wrong.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Lunsku posted:

How does the gambling with blood shards actually work with the low level characters? What level items say level 1 character can actually get from it? Haven't done it, but apparently my impression (from https://www.d3planner.com/game/kadala) that for example gambling at 11 for a ring with necromancer can get you Nailuij's Evol only, is wrong.

Well you can definitely get the skele mage ring at lv1. You can also get some non-class rings, but much smaller pool than later levels.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

MisterBibs posted:

Is this season's path a lot more difficult than the last one, or is it just me? I don't see any way I'm going to be able to complete a GR20 within the time limit unless I grind my Paragon Levels to poo poo, and I don't remember this high of difficulty doing last season. Doing Rathma's, if that is any help.

e: vvv if you could link to the build you're discussing, I'd appreciate it, because the highest-rated ones I'm seeing are either for another set, or variations on the one I'm already playing and I don't understand why everything is taking so long to kill.

If you have absolutely no gear I'd suggest killing malthael on normal then crafting reapers wraps from the recipe he drops. Then make sure you're using devour and the passive that spawns health globes on corpse consumption. You can use these things to pump out high powered singularity skeletal mages.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Trying this on a laptop with mobile data .

Man even a little lag is no good once you get moving in higher rifts

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Lunsku posted:

Gambling at level 1 has a 30% chance of getting Nailuij's when the gamble gives you a legendary, which is 10% of the time iirc. It's how I got my ring at least and didn't take very long at all. Once I remembered to not do it on my Monk that is.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

euphronius posted:

Trying this on a laptop with mobile data .

Man even a little lag is no good once you get moving in higher rifts

There's a reason the most annoying mobs are the ones that do poo poo like teleport you around and fill the screen with splash damage.

They simulate lag.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

FAUXTON posted:

There's a reason the most annoying mobs are the ones that do poo poo like teleport you around and fill the screen with splash damage.

They simulate lag.

Yeah. Going to save Diablo 3 for at home on a wired connection.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

MisterBibs posted:

Ok here is the skinny. The two and four piece bonus of rathma doesn't boost DPS. The key is to farm the Jesseth two piece set first. That alone will get you well past GR 20

Edit: farm reg rifts for breath and shards. All shards gamble on shields and all breaths go towards upgrading 1H Scythes. Should take you like no time at all

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Guilty posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you need rift keys to do challenge dungeons

You don't, however before you can do the Challenge Dungeon, you have to have completed a Greater Rift. So we had to get him a key, so he could do a Greater Rift to unlock the ability to do Challenge Dungeons since he hadn't played the game before.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

spit on my clit posted:

barbarian is so barboring. why is call of the ancients on a 120 second cooldown.

because zodiac ring exists

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

MikeC posted:

Ok here is the skinny. The two and four piece bonus of rathma doesn't boost DPS. The key is to farm the Jesseth two piece set first. That alone will get you well past GR 20

Edit: farm reg rifts for breath and shards. All shards gamble on shields and all breaths go towards upgrading 1H Scythes. Should take you like no time at all

There also is a reasonable 4-set build for it (on diablofans.com) but it's not easy. I managed to complete it in 13mins or so. My wizard friend did his in 6min in comparison.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Dross posted:

because zodiac ring exists

oh? lemme just see what that's all about.

hhhhhhhaha that is loving bonkers, whirlwind all the way

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

What is a Roland's crusader supposed to do when it runs out of Wrath on the rift guardian?

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

GTJustin posted:

Gargs are super dumb and rely on their cleave area damage to kill elites. Your playstyles would be to run around and find density, piranado, spirit walk into the crowd of poo poo you made and recast gargs. With grave injustice and enough mobs, you should be able to reset your cool down for the next pack.

Ah, recasting gargs was the piece I was missing. I'll give it a shot tonight

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dross posted:

What is a Roland's crusader supposed to do when it runs out of Wrath on the rift guardian?

It's never happened to me ?

Your natural wrath regen and the flense should keep you going

Also the 50% wrath reduction law

Also move the boss around and suck in stray mobs with vaccuum

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Sort of surprised to hear how many people have problem beating GR 20. I did it on necro with no set bonus' and Evol as my only useful unique, and I don't even think I had Skeleton Mage on my skill bar at that point

Also I got that ring at like level 40 owned noobs

e: I will say it was frustrating how terrible single-target is for necro during the leveling period, and even up through 4p Rathma's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Okay if a loving Manald Heal could drop, that'd be great. :mad: