Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Light Gun Man posted:

It's a line that gets added in as an effect of jet addiction/withdrawl from this one mod. You ask it and the response is generally like "what?" and you reply with a "nevermind", basically. I should try it more though, see if there are other responses to find.

If you keep hitting say nothing it recites the entire poem

That doesn't answer my question, dummy!!!! Did the raven have any loving Jet?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Coughing Hobo posted:

Quoth the Raven: LETS GET hosed UP DOOD!

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Coughing Hobo posted:

I didn't click it! I will click it next time and we'll find out!

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Halser posted:

Returning to FNV after playing other RPGs, it's really weird how you're forced to level up as soon as you reach the experience cap.

in FO1, FO2 and FOT I pretty much always saved my perk and skill points for when "I really needed it". Apparently there's a mod that changes this partially, but it still only allows you to screw around with your points when you level up, it just stacks them between levels.

metagamers begone

just use magazines lol. that's literally what they're there for

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

Halser posted:

Returning to FNV after playing other RPGs, it's really weird how you're forced to level up as soon as you reach the experience cap.

in FO1, FO2 and FOT I pretty much always saved my perk and skill points for when "I really needed it". Apparently there's a mod that changes this partially, but it still only allows you to screw around with your points when you level up, it just stacks them between levels.

I'm guessing you mean this one? According to the changelog, leveling up between levels using your skills/perks tabs is coming, author is stlll active on the page and claims the new version should be out by the end of July, he's just testing to make sure the new features aren't going to gently caress up your game.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!

Canemacar posted:

So what are everyone's favorite player home mods?

I'm using Lombard Station + Afterschool Special because they fit the sort of low-key role-playing run I'm working on. Never cared for giant, immersion breaking underground palaces scattered all over the Mojave.

Train Car Hideout was pretty neat.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Coughing Hobo posted:

Unfortunately, he too gives the generic response, so no gettin hosed up with a raven.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Quoth the raven, "Go gently caress yourself."

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

If I'm coming back after a long break, what's the optimal number of mods/content ratio to go with? Project Nevada + NVEC seem to cover most of the basis

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Doing a fresh clean install with a handful of mods and TTW, and everything's mostly fine except right now I'm getting random alpha problems with textures where rocks and sometimes faces will "ghost" and you can see geometry that's behind them. Here's my load order:

quote:

FalloutNV.esm=1
DeadMoney.esm=1
HonestHearts.esm=1
OldWorldBlues.esm=1
LonesomeRoad.esm=1
GunRunnersArsenal.esm=1
ClassicPack.esm=1
MercenaryPack.esm=1
TribalPack.esm=1
CaravanPack.esm=1
Fallout3.esm=1
Anchorage.esm=1
ThePitt.esm=1
BrokenSteel.esm=1
PointLookout.esm=1
Zeta.esm=1
TaleOfTwoWastelands.esm=1
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm=1
Project Nevada - Core.esm=1
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm=1
ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esm=1
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp=1
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp=1
NVStripOpen.esm=1
The New Bison Steve Hotel.esm=1
Mission Mojave - Ultimate Edition.esp=1
TTW_AnchorageCustomization.esp=1
TTW_NoKarmaDCFollowers.esp=1
TTW_OutcastTrading.esp=1
TTW_Reputation.esp=1
TTW_SpeechChecks.esp=1
TTW_StartupMenu.esp=1
TTW_StashPackOptions.esp=1
ttw_wildwasteland.esp=1
TTWOptions.esp=1
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp=1
Tailor Maid - NV.esp=1
Portable Tent.esp=1
Conelrad 640-1240.esp=1
CASM.esp=1
AccentuatorEarrings.esp=1
FalloutNVCheatTerminal.esp=1
StripOpenMain.esp=1

I'm guessing it's Mission Mojave since that's the thing that fucks with mesh placements in an attempt to "fix" them.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

King Vidiot posted:

Doing a fresh clean install with a handful of mods and TTW, and everything's mostly fine except right now I'm getting random alpha problems with textures where rocks and sometimes faces will "ghost" and you can see geometry that's behind them. Here's my load order:

I'm guessing it's Mission Mojave since that's the thing that fucks with mesh placements in an attempt to "fix" them.

don't use mission mojave, use YUP

mission mojave sucks

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Most likely. MM is ...let's just say I suggest you get YUP if you want a fix patch.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

It was a mod I installed like the last time I played which was two years ago, I didn't even totally remember downloading it or why. But I figured that was what the problem was, thanks guys.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Light Gun Man posted:

Unfortunately, he too gives the generic response, so no gettin hosed up with a raven.

Modding fails again.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
This has been out for awhile but I haven't seen anyone post about it (most likely because Hitman doesn't put his stuff on the Nexus anymore), but this Animated Ammo & Weapon Condition Checking mod is awesome if you're super spergy about gun detail, or if you like playing without a HUD/your ammo count turned off. Keep in mind you need his 1st person animation overhaul installed first or else some of the new animations won't line up correctly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNOY2duwaK4

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

That's cool. What's the 1st person animation overhaul you need?

e: Never mind, found it.

Proletarian Mango fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jul 25, 2017

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

King Vidiot posted:

It was a mod I installed like the last time I played which was two years ago, I didn't even totally remember downloading it or why. But I figured that was what the problem was, thanks guys.

Disabling that mod did nothing, so I found out that apparently Steam overlay does funky things to either New Vegas generally or the 4gb exe. I then remembered it happening to me ages ago, but only when somebody tried to actually send me Steam messages and not just... all the time.

New weird issue: Foods don't recover my health at all. I'm not playing on hardcore mode, I can still heal limbs with Stimpaks and don't have hunger or thirst, it's just that food and drink have no stats related to health recovery over time. I don't recall a mod doing this unless it's that YUG thing, but I read the description and I don't think they mentioned that.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Okay guys, long time F:NV player, first time mod installer. Picked this up for an astonishing $2.10 on Steam after playing it for years on console.

I just downloaded the Fallout Mod Manager and LOOT and now I'm ready to start grabbing mods. The OP was written 7 years ago and last modified 2 years ago, and it's very long. Can anybody recommend me some mods custom-like based on what I'm looking for?

- I've beat the game 4 times on console; sided with each faction and specced stealth, melee, unarmed, and explosives characters. Enjoyed them all, but really liked low intelligence, high luck, and explosives in particular.
- I'm most interested in new content: new quests, new weapons, new factions, the works. The more immersive and fleshed out, the better.
- I've played all 4 DLC (OWB was my favorite), but I didn't download any of them today.
- I'm open to graphics and quality of life mods but I'm not the type of guy to just stand around and ogle pretty scenery for too long. Looking for functional, noticeable stuff.
- Somewhat interested in "challenge" mods that make the game harder, but only if they're well tested and deemed fun by the majority

IN GENERAL: Since I've played the game a lot but it's been several years, I'm looking for something to freshen up the whole experience while still giving me the feeling that I'm slipping into an old comfortable pair of slippers a la replaying one of my favorite games ever.

Can I get some recommendations? Thanks in advance goons!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Use mod organizer instead of mod manager for starters. It's more current.

If you want a big change get project Nevada. Josh Sawyers mod is also good if toy want a general refinement of base game mechanics

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Arcsquad12 posted:

If you want a big change get project Nevada. Josh Sawyers mod is also good if toy want a general refinement of base game mechanics

Okay great, just installed MO. I'm a loving idiot, and so the tutorial at the beginning really helped. Seems fairly easy to use which I like. I can get rid of LOOT now, right?

Also, while doing the tutorial, I downloaded a mod called Solid Project...seemed like some pretty basic quality of life mods that I may have missed now that I've played Skyrim and FO4. Anybody have any experience with this one?

Downloading Project Nevada and ropekid's mod next, forgot I used to read about his hardcore mode changes. This is fun! Any other suggestions?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Arcsquad12 posted:

If you want a big change get project Nevada.

Project Nevada is telling me I need the Script Extender and MM (instead of MO). Is that accurate?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Yeah, you'll need the New Vegas Script Extender. If you set up Mod Organizer properly, it should be set up to handle nxm links from nexus in place of the Nexus Mod Manager. Also, I think the prerequisite for Project Nevada you see is for the Mod Configuration Menu. Make sure that is installed first and then install PN after it. It has its own MCM menu system, but it only applies to Project Nevada systems. You'll use the main MCM mod for other mods using its interface.

As far as suggestions go, the field is wide open. I suggest you take a look at the Fear and Loathing Guide. for ideas. It's more up to date than the OP, and it has a lot of helpful info to get multiple mods working in harmony.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Jul 25, 2017

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
I decided to make a small mod to allow alcoholic drinks to be affected by Chemist and Day Tripper(they do count for the Day Tripper challenge, so it makes sense to me) since YUP's Chemist fix removed them.

gently caress the GECK so much for not allowing effects to be copied and pasted, holy poo poo. That easily took four times longer than it should have.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

King Vidiot posted:

Disabling that mod did nothing, so I found out that apparently Steam overlay does funky things to either New Vegas generally or the 4gb exe. I then remembered it happening to me ages ago, but only when somebody tried to actually send me Steam messages and not just... all the time.

New weird issue: Foods don't recover my health at all. I'm not playing on hardcore mode, I can still heal limbs with Stimpaks and don't have hunger or thirst, it's just that food and drink have no stats related to health recovery over time. I don't recall a mod doing this unless it's that YUG thing, but I read the description and I don't think they mentioned that.

I remember this happening to a friend I set up a modlist for, it's possible a mod thinks HC is on and has removed healing or you have two things conflicting over food (which may require merging). In my case it was because my friend messed with the food settings in the project nevada menu willynilly which definitely conflicts with mods that change non-stimpak healing.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

King Vidiot posted:

If you have Project Nevada's rebalance module installed, that's one of the default options. You can change that in the MCM.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Anyone have any recommendations for mods that add more ammo types? Breaking down stuff to make into useful rounds and unlocking new types as I level repair is pretty cool, but the OP's fairly outdated. I'm running WMX if that'd matter at all.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

So Nipton, which as we all know was burned down for being degenerate, has been bought by weedlords

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/artic...source=facebook

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

So Nipton, which as we all know was burned down for being degenerate, has been bought by weedlords

art imitates life

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Sounds like they're going to be profligate spenders.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
The Nipton general store sells lottery tickets.

Sorry, that's all I've got.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

The Nipton general store sells lottery tickets.

Sorry, that's all I've got.

that's a real life thing though, lotteries are banned in nevada so everyone from vegas comes to nipton to buy tickets (the closest california town). at one point nipton had the highest lottery ticket sales in the entire state. that's reflected in game with the lottery deciding who gets to survive when the legion executes the town

new vegas is so loving good it hurts my head to think about

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Rope kid pointed out on Twitter, Californians go to Primm to gamble, Nevadans go to Nipton to play the lottery

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
God I love this game.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Trying to do an "evil" run but man, I'm so attached to this world and all the people in it after my half-dozen full playthroughs that it's hard to do. It's hard to side with the Legion because I loving hate them, and even my wildcard maniac murderer would probably hate them for being uptight, rule-crazy dickheads.

Also of course I had to install Color Me Evil because being "Evil" in New Vegas is next to impossible with the default broken karma system.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

It's gonna get burned down again.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

It's gonna get burned down again.

They're gonna blaze it for sure :350:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

CDXX Ave Caesar Quotidie

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Quattuor et viginti, amice!

At least now there's another reason why there's a constant smoke cloud hovering over the town.

I'm going for a Butcher Pete playthrough next time, and I'm using Better Cannibals. It'll make it easier to hack it, to wack it, to smack it.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I'd like to see a mod or patch that reflects this important change in Nipton history

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009