Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
what happened to peter dinklage and why does my guardian hav a fuccboy ghost in destiny 2 ???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

so what weapon perks are actually random now in the full game? the leftmost one?

The one when you highlight over it.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
The absolute most fun I've had in Destiny 2 so far was spending a solid 30 mins preventing anyone from playing soccer by kicking the ball out of bounds every time it spawned. People were just sitting down after a while.

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Is the Farm part of the EDZ, or is it a separate zone that we load into every time?

Also, whats the Goon clan name for PS4?

How! fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jul 24, 2017

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

your circumcision honestly disgusts me
Ugh I was loving around with clans on the bungie website and now it's not registering me as in clan for the beta :smith:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

How! posted:

Is the Farm part of the EDZ, or is it a separate zone that we load into every time?

Also, whats the Goon clan name for PS4?

You'll have to load in every time by the looks but you don't have to orbit before you can just jump.

How!
Oct 29, 2009

BlindSite posted:

You'll have to load in every time by the looks but you don't have to orbit before you can just jump.

Oh, bummer - the new Director system seems a lot better though. Although I did use that load time to roll and smoke a lot of weed. I guess I can still get high waiting to get into a pvp match.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

sunday at work posted:

This game is just begging for a real horde/survival mode.

The odd thing is that the game is designed so perfectly for it as well.

Every species in the game has a spawning mechanic allowing them to be spawned at any time anywhere in the world. The Vex spawn from clouds of smoke, the Hive have their ships warp in and out of the area, the Cabal and Fallen have their dropships fly down and Taken spawn from black orbs. I have no idea what's stopping them from crafting a horde/survival mode that utilizes the PvP maps and spawns in waves of enemies using the existing mechanics already in the game.

Judging by the PoE I assume that the holdup is their insistence on finding odd ways of complicating the mode (adding mines to diffuse and other stupid stuff) and fretting over other irrelevancies when they really should just make use of what they already have. The introduction of defensive abilities like the Titan walls and Warlock healing auras make the lack of a horde mode even weirder, but it could be something that they're keeping a secret for release? They know people want it so it would be odd if D2 launched without it. Just dump fireteams in PvP maps and keep spawning enemies until they're overwhelmed and die, then base the rewards on how many waves they survived (e.g. surviving 30 waves is two guaranteed legendaries and surviving 50 is a guaranteed exotic because it's stupidly hard). It would be fun fighting combinations of different factions as well, such as waves against Taken/Hive/Vex and then one against Fallen/Cabal/Splicers.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

SUNKOS posted:

The odd thing is that the game is designed so perfectly for it as well.

Every species in the game has a spawning mechanic allowing them to be spawned at any time anywhere in the world. The Vex spawn from clouds of smoke, the Hive have their ships warp in and out of the area, the Cabal and Fallen have their dropships fly down and Taken spawn from black orbs. I have no idea what's stopping them from crafting a horde/survival mode that utilizes the PvP maps and spawns in waves of enemies using the existing mechanics already in the game.

Judging by the PoE I assume that the holdup is their insistence on finding odd ways of complicating the mode (adding mines to diffuse and other stupid stuff) and fretting over other irrelevancies when they really should just make use of what they already have. The introduction of defensive abilities like the Titan walls and Warlock healing auras make the lack of a horde mode even weirder, but it could be something that they're keeping a secret for release? They know people want it so it would be odd if D2 launched without it. Just dump fireteams in PvP maps and keep spawning enemies until they're overwhelmed and die, then base the rewards on how many waves they survived (e.g. surviving 30 waves is two guaranteed legendaries and surviving 50 is a guaranteed exotic because it's stupidly hard). It would be fun fighting combinations of different factions as well, such as waves against Taken/Hive/Vex and then one against Fallen/Cabal/Splicers.

I always thought that by introducing redjacks in the lore (shaxx has a team of shitwreckers that clear pvp areas of enemies) they were setting us up for something like this somewhere down the line.

Could have been a cool addition and another quest path for some emblem, shader and a sword or gun or something.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Does "a map bigger than anything else we've made ever" mean like fuckin' huge or cosmodrome + some extra sub zones or what?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

what happened to peter dinklage and why does my guardian hav a fuccboy ghost in destiny 2 ???

Dinklage was too busy embarrassing himself in the Adam Sandler movie Pixel, so Nolan North got replaced as the ghost. To maintain consistency, North redid ALL of Dinklage's lines.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I think in Age of Triumph they brought back that Wizard from the Moon line Dinklage did as a joke though. That was nice.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Does "a map bigger than anything else we've made ever" mean like fuckin' huge or cosmodrome + some extra sub zones or what?

EDZ supposed to be 2x the size of the cosmodrome

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Legs Benedict posted:

EDZ supposed to be 2x the size of the cosmodrome

I wonder if its gonna be like a proper map, or just another loop of hallways to zoom through on a Sparrow.

I kind of enjoy the Voidwalkers grenade charging thing- its fun. Charging the Axion Bolt gives you 4 seekers. So when guys all camp Zone B you can potentially send them all scrambling like assholes and voop them one by one.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
I'm hoping that the patrol areas are actually open areas this time and not just a bunch of big rooms connected by corridors.
It's hard to tell by wandering out of bounds from the inverted spire strike, it seems more open. I couldn't see any bottlenecks in the area that denoted 'you are now leaving/entering this area'.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
http://i.imgur.com/RbvOt9s.gifv

^ broke rule #1

http://i.imgur.com/3SJuP06.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/0Wmf27z.gifv

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Maker Of Shoes posted:

The vast majority of the lore community sees Loki Crown as a contingency that was never activated.

But like, why? It's a vastly more compelling story if it's true. If the Traveler just stuck around because humanity is ~*special*~ it's just another cliched humans are the bestest story.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

SUNKOS posted:

I really enjoyed the crazy staircase fight in the Undying Mind strike because they throw a load of enemies at you and it's really chaotic, much like that start room with all the Fallen and Hive in the Omnigul strike. I think that's where the game excels, when the screen is full of enemies and there's supers/abilities going off constantly, orbs being sprayed like candy and everything is dialed up to 11. I think I'm probably in the minority though because people would quit the Undying Mind strike as soon as it started most of the time, which was really disappointing, but I wish they would put a lot more enemies in strikes to keep the action going.

Undying Mind in year one was fun, in year two they added taken and armored hobgoblins and blights and it became slower and slower.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
So I played PvP again, trying to go in with an open mind.

I don't know what Destiny 2 PvP will be like, but the Destiny 2 PvP Beta loving sucks rear end. Total overreaction to destiny 1 pvp complaints.

Here's the thing: people endlessly bitched about destiny 1 pvp, but they also endlessly played it. hrmmmmmm.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Like, in Destiny 1 the teamwork was "I'll make a play here and you make a play there, let's go *does cool poo poo*"

In this beta it's "okay we both need to be here and shoot this guy at the exact same time with our weak rear end guns or else he'll disengage, oh maybe I'll have a super by the end of the round"

There are plenty of games that test close Squad teamshooting and aim that don't have garbage netcode.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

DrNutt posted:

But like, why? It's a vastly more compelling story if it's true. If the Traveler just stuck around because humanity is ~*special*~ it's just another cliched humans are the bestest story.

what? No

The Glorious Space Orb decides that it's tired of countless millennia of running away and decides to actually grow some Slightly Smaller Space Orbs and try to fight for basically the first time in its entire existence

Of course it gets totally owned but humanity's just collateral damage in this case

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Legs Benedict posted:

what? No

The Glorious Space Orb decides that it's tired of countless millennia of running away and decides to actually grow some Slightly Smaller Space Orbs and try to fight for basically the first time in its entire existence

Of course it gets totally owned but humanity's just collateral damage in this case

That's even dumber. I don't care if the lore guys disagree, Rasputin forcing the Traveler to stay by blowing the gently caress out of it is the best interpretation of the story, and it's what I will go with until I'm directly contradicted by the Rasputin dlc for D2.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Where is any of this in the game? Like a grimoire card? loving grimoire cards.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

okay we both need to be here and shoot this guy at the exact same time with our weak rear end guns

pvp dps phase

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I like my interpretation that rasputin got hosed up on internet vodka and dui'd a warsat into the traveler.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Accidental Voop twofers are one of the most satisfying things in the world, especially when they open palm slam themselves right into the path of the bolts

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

DrNutt posted:

That's even dumber. I don't care if the lore guys disagree, Rasputin forcing the Traveler to stay by blowing the gently caress out of it is the best interpretation of the story, and it's what I will go with until I'm directly contradicted by the Rasputin dlc for D2.

Yeah totally agree. It was my favorite piece of Destiny lore.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Sidearms are so gently caress bad.

Did no one at any point stop and say "hey you know this whole weapon type we have created and coded and modeled, is complete loving poo poo that has dissappearing bullets and does zero damage outside of pissing distance... maybe we should fix that"

Like... why the gently caress do they even exist?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

PathAsc posted:

I like my interpretation that rasputin got hosed up on internet vodka and dui'd a warsat into the traveler.

What a strange trick
(Still the most likely)

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

your circumcision honestly disgusts me
and then to introduce smgs lmao

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

CheeseFactory posted:

Sidearms are so gently caress bad.

Did no one at any point stop and say "hey you know this whole weapon type we have created and coded and modeled, is complete loving poo poo that has dissappearing bullets and does zero damage outside of pissing distance... maybe we should fix that"

Like... why the gently caress do they even exist?

I have this theory that all these parts of the game we are seeing were finalized at certain stages of destiny 1s life cycle, so sidearms being total poo poo in this beta is because the destiny 2 team implemented sidearms at the original time of the bad destiny 1 sidearms.

You can kinda see this in the strike too (very vanilla destiny but with Ttk length).

I wonder how many late stage D1 balance/QoL/gameplay improvements will have missed the cut.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

My trust in streamers and other *influencers* has lowered a lot with this demo of the game. They got to try this thing in E3, and nobody said a word about 30 seconds reload time for grenades, or very long load times for supers.

It seems that we can't trust these people for anything, the wronged us, and perhaps they wronged Bungie into assuming the game was Ok.

Also the only way to save the game is to add more waifus, and a option where our face is always rendered in the screen covered with a emoji, like in that GITS german opera.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I have this theory that all these parts of the game we are seeing were finalized at certain stages of destiny 1s life cycle, so sidearms being total poo poo in this beta is because the destiny 2 team implemented sidearms at the original time of the bad destiny 1 sidearms.

You can kinda see this in the strike too (very vanilla destiny but with Ttk length).

I wonder how many late stage D1 balance/QoL/gameplay improvements will have missed the cut.

Yeah i kinda get that vibe too.

I mean there is a bunch of poo poo that doesn't make sense but sidearms are the glaring "why the gently caress does this thing even exist at all". And there is no answer.

That primary side arm for example. Fires as slow as the devils. Less range. Less damage. Bullets dissappear. Why would anyone choose this gun.

Sidearm should be the close range hand canons and smgs should be the close range ARs.

Smgs are half decent though. Not in PvE. They are a joke there.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Tei posted:

My trust in streamers and other *influencers* has lowered a lot with this demo of the game. They got to try this thing in E3, and nobody said a word about 30 seconds reload time for grenades, or very long load times for supers.

It seems that we can't trust these people for anything, the wronged us, and perhaps they wronged Bungie into assuming the game was Ok.

Also the only way to save the game is to add more waifus, and a option where our face is always rendered in the screen covered with a emoji, like in that GITS german opera.

They were all bedazzled by bungie and a lot of them got scratched on the back pretty hard.

Also the issues are less noticeable in countdown as its a brand new game mode with no preconceived ideas on how it should play.

Also they got to poo poo on bads with no sbmm and zero lag, which is always fun.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Destiny 2 is like when your girlfriend cut her hair and now looks like a boy. You still would gently caress her and she looks like kind of sexy. But you like more the version with long hair. Maybe no reason, maybe just because thats how you first knew her.

Destiny 2 is like getting a new car a friend has build for you with a motor bike and ferrari structure you found in the scrapyard. Your friend knows a lot about engines, and he have superpowered the motorbike engine, and now is more powerfull than its suppose to. So the frankestein monster looks amazing, sounds amazing and move amazing, but when you open it, theres a motorbike engine where should be the motor.

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
bring back dinklebot

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Tei posted:

Destiny 2 is like when your girlfriend cut her hair and now looks like a boy. You still would gently caress her and she looks like kind of sexy. But you like more the version with long hair. Maybe no reason, maybe just because thats how you first knew her.

lmao drat

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

My girlfriend is bald and is actually a man

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Congrats on being the one goon unironically finding love

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I'm cool with less supers in PvP, but grenades didn't need their cooldowns increased though.

The feel of the guns are alright too.