Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
The actual policies and changes the Loser Dems will try to accomplish will be to the right of that stupid manifesto, of course

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Donkwich posted:

actually zoolander is the dems since they cant turn left

the dems could never do Magnum

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Condiv posted:

the most hosed up thing is that all the cuts, all the slashes to public services during the obama admin, these scum want to make them the new norm. the sequestration that dems accidentally hosed up and passed they want to make it permanent!

When you build your brand on being The Party of Government, you're pretty much useless outside of power - is the takeaway here.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

These are the days of miracle and wonder and don't cry, baby, don't cry, don't cry

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

When you build your brand on being The Party of Government, you're pretty much useless outside of power - is the takeaway here.

what if you're also useless in power though

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

So their bold new plan is tax credits, giving the future lobbyists on regulation boards more anti-trust laws to ignore, and making drug companies stand up and say "we killed your family and hosed your dog because we can" after they price you out of the medicine keeping you and your family alive. I didn't expect anything good but was hoping their bad plans would at least be fun to pick apart. Weak. Piss weak.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Yinlock posted:

what if you're also useless in power though

It doesn't matter, you're in power now and that's what's most important

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Get the gently caress out of the country while you still can

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
white booty sauce

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Condiv posted:

we'll have to see the loving $15/hr and $1 trillion infrastructure plan, cause everything else about the better deal is a big loving let down

The Democrats: Meet me half a third a quarter of the way you stupid lefties.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
good luck fuckers I just declared myself to be a sovereign citizen

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Who am I to blow against the wind?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Don't some Dems blame going too far left for trump winning?
I always appreciated that because Hillary was a far left Marxist and it needed to be said. I personally thought she went too far with her policy to.... Uh... Hm.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xFswOATUDc

When his reign collapsed the corpse of the second Roman emperor, Tiberius, was dragged through the streets of the capital by meat hooks, then dumped in the Tiber

exercise, get to know your neighbors, and learn to use weapons

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

that background looks suspiciously like the coffee shop I went to my first and last Sanders for President meeting at.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Implying guillotines and the reign of terror were bad

look at this neolib comic

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

zegermans posted:

Implying guillotines and the reign of terror were bad

look at this neolib comic

to me it says how claiming to be disinterested in politics is super-bougie serving the status quo and the powerful and is thus punishable by guillotine

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/889483140401639426

MattY is a goon

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

at this point the dems claiming to be the party of FDR is only slightly less ridiculous than the gop claiming to be the party of lincoln

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/889140205898346496
https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/889185666231304192
https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/889183270046511105
https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/889441932270751744

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Dirtbag left: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNJH0KCGLeQ

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

lmao at the new Democratic platform, and also at the Republicans winning every election forever

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

lmao at the new Democratic platform, and also at the Republicans winning every election forever

there won't be elections forever tho

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
peter daoun's syndrome

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

rip Democrats

this is pathetic

it's just slightly different spin and messaging on things that have been in the Dem platform for years, and they're responding to the things people want with the most neoliberal plans possible

literally giving businesses tax credits to hire people, jesus christ. and they're going to drive special interests out of power by...regulating mergers more closely? absolutely no one is going to buy this limp-noodle horseshit. hell, I think it's to the right of Hillary's messaging

never thought I'd see the day that I liked something from Schumer better than something from Pelosi. but although it's wrapped in better messaging, it's still the same garbage policy proposals. thanks for clarifying that the "please please please hire people" tax credit will be a large one, Chuck, you stupid rear end in a top hat

do you think the Republicans will remove the presidential term limits by 2024, or will they just skip the middleman and elect Bannon to the presidency?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

quote:

Right now, there is nothing to stop vulture capitalists from egregiously raising the price of lifesaving drugs without justification. We’re going to fight for rules to stop prescription drug price gouging and demand that drug companies justify price increases to the public. And we’re going to push for empowering Medicare to negotiate lower drug prices for older Americans.

Just say you support single-payer holy poo poo

quote:

Right now our antitrust laws are designed to allow huge corporations to merge, padding the pockets of investors but sending costs skyrocketing for everything from cable bills and airline tickets to food and health care. We are going to fight to allow regulators to break up big companies if they’re hurting consumers and to make it harder for companies to merge if it reduces competition.

Solving massive income disparity via 'making it harder for companies to merge', can't wait for to watch those young voters stream in. Also lol at 'cable bills and airline tickets'.

quote:

Right now millions of unemployed or underemployed people, particularly those without a college degree, could be brought back into the labor force or retrained to secure full-time, higher-paying work. We propose giving employers, particularly small businesses, a large tax credit to train workers for unfilled jobs. This will have particular resonance in smaller cities and rural areas, which have experienced an exodus of young people who aren’t trained for the jobs in those areas.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Main Paineframe posted:

rip Democrats

this is pathetic

it's just slightly different spin and messaging on things that have been in the Dem platform for years, and they're responding to the things people want with the most neoliberal plans possible

literally giving businesses tax credits to hire people, jesus christ. and they're going to drive special interests out of power by...regulating mergers more closely? absolutely no one is going to buy this limp-noodle horseshit. hell, I think it's to the right of Hillary's messaging

never thought I'd see the day that I liked something from Schumer better than something from Pelosi. but although it's wrapped in better messaging, it's still the same garbage policy proposals. thanks for clarifying that the "please please please hire people" tax credit will be a large one, Chuck, you stupid rear end in a top hat

do you think the Republicans will remove the presidential term limits by 2024, or will they just skip the middleman and elect Bannon to the presidency?

r/democrat has bought it hook line and sinker. this platform is practically bernie's they say :laffo:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

the training for tax cuts is loving trickle-down welfare. it's what reagan would've done if he wanted to pretend to like poor people

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
One way to show you are a party that is in touch with America is to talk about loving cable bills in 2017

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
How did they manage to learn negative anything from the most humiliating political defeat in my lifetime? Seriously I don't even get it.

edit: were they somehow not humiliated? By losing to Trump?

Samurai Sanders has issued a correction as of 15:20 on Jul 24, 2017

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
We're going to give businesses tax credits to hire more people bagahahahahahhahahaha

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

You are the burden of my generation. You know I love you, but let's get that straight.

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011
Honest guys, if you just hang in there you can ~change the party~

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

bcos she lost the election to a hooting orangutan who was caught on camera admitting he sexually assaults women habitually hth

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

docbeard posted:

You are the burden of my generation. You know I love you, but let's get that straight.

i appove of this line of posting

white sauce posted:

We're going to give businesses tax credits to hire more people bagahahahahahhahahaha

whole generations of minds poisoned by decades of propaganda

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

nopantsjack posted:

bcos she lost the election to a hooting orangutan who was caught on camera admitting he sexually assaults women habitually hth

Sad as a lonely wrinkled balloon
He said "well I don't claim to be happy about this, boys
And I don't seem to be happy about that"

(I've decided that all of my suck zone posts today shall take the form of lyrics from Graceland.)

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
hahaha that message is so terrible

now imagine not being able to wrest party control from these people with your own messaging

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

AstheWorldWorlds posted:

Honest guys, if you just hang in there you can ~change the party~

changing the dems from within is the most plausible route to widespread political change of the kind people wanna see, and it'll probably happen some day or another and then get slowly stripped away once people stop paying attention. but its only the most plausible cause the runner up "start a third party" is vanishingly improbable though.

I spose the other alternative is a mass movement that pressures both parties to give the american people the basic rights enjoyed (or used to be enjoyed) in most of the first world, the only issue with that is political parties dont give a single poo poo about mass movements beyond changing their rhetoric unless there is a chance of them losing their position and power, which requires supporting some kind of political party to boot the fuckers out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

nopantsjack posted:

changing the dems from within is the most plausible route to widespread political change of the kind people wanna see, and it'll probably happen some day or another and then get slowly stripped away once people stop paying attention. but its only the most plausible cause the runner up "start a third party" is vanishingly improbable though.

I spose the other alternative is a mass movement that pressures both parties to give the american people the basic rights enjoyed (or used to be enjoyed) in most of the first world, the only issue with that is political parties dont give a single poo poo about mass movements beyond changing their rhetoric unless there is a chance of them losing their position and power, which requires supporting some kind of political party to boot the fuckers out.

They are both vanishingly improbable, hth.

• Locked thread