Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
he might just be really stupid, that's an option too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Get him some poo poo Chinese Android phone in an iPhone SE body. Something like that probably exists. That way speculation about his mental state by strangers would be deflected when they see an iPhone body.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Get him some poo poo Chinese Android phone in an iPhone SE body. Something like that probably exists. That way speculation about his mental state by strangers would be deflected when they see an iPhone body.

huawei or a one+

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

the s8 looks quite abit like an iphone if you put it in an i phone case.

that might work, my cousin also suffers from the same malady

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

syscall girl posted:

huawei or a one+

syscall girl posted:

huawei or a one+

he needs to be able to dial emergency services even though the alternative may be doing him a service

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Blue Train posted:

this, get him a moto g5+

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Boiled Water posted:

my little brother wants a phone but hates apple and rejects the true phone. what anroid can he have and not have it be a pos

don't get invested in his poor choices, you don't want to be held responsible for them

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

goophone

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
the iPhone SE is a good starter phone for a non-technical woman or child, once they get comfortable they can move up to the regular size phones

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Dislike button posted:

the iPhone SE is a good starter phone for a non-technical woman or child, once they get comfortable they can move up to the regular size phones

:wrong:

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Boiled Water posted:

my little brother wants a phone but hates apple and rejects the true phone. what anroid can he have and not have it be a pos

in before they all are. I know

LOL is this your brother

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

I wonder how that kid turned out.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

I wonder how that kid turned out.

he's definitely an iphone se owner now

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

mishaq posted:

he's definitely an iphone se owner now

that's a phone well suited for a young person who may not be ready for the 'full-fat' apple phones. it helps that its cheaper for people who may not be able to afford the iPhone 7 or 7+. its basically the porsche boxster of phones

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

can't hear your posts over my headphones, plugged into my SE's headphone jack

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Dislike button posted:

that's a phone well suited for a smart person who doesnt want fat apple phones. its cool & good that its cheaper for people who dont want to have to wear oversized cargo jorts to fit the 7 or 7+ phablet in their pockets. its basically perfect

ftfy

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

OldAlias posted:

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

OldAlias posted:

they know the market well enough to include legacy connectors on the low end devices. not everyone who buys an SE can get their parents/husband to buy them some nice wireless headphones but these can always be purchased later

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Boiled Water posted:

the rest are fine apple people so who knows. maybe he's a bastard

my brother has this condition as well. he muttered something about walled gardens and not trusting his fingerprints being uploaded to apple and being able to modify his device (he's never modified it or anything). he's usually not a huge sperg like these statements would lead you to believe, I think he just believes too many things he reads on the internet

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news
my brother turned into an alt right racist after spending too much time on /pol/

he also likes android phones

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
i think maybe the issue with android nerds is that they think too hard

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Boiled Water posted:

in before they all are. I know

pixel 1 non xl

or the Motorola one that has like a 3800mah battery

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
my advice is always buy an iphone or just buy whatever loving piece of trash catches your eye since they're literally all garbage and will be broken in some way out of the box. sure, some are worse than others, but you already know what to buy if you want a phone that works, and it ain't an android.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

i think maybe the issue with android nerds is that they think too hard

i really doubt that

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

St Evan Echoes posted:

i really doubt that

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Dislike button posted:

they know the market well enough to include legacy connectors on the low end devices. not everyone who buys an SE can get their parents/husband to buy them some nice wireless headphones but these can always be purchased later

wireless peripherals for a device that stays in one place :downsbravo:

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

OldAlias posted:

wireless peripherals for a device that stays in one place :downsbravo:

yeah im glad my tv has the remote wired to it since it never moves off the wall i mean whats the point

this may come as a surprise to you, but some people do in fact move their phones around to do things like answer texts or engage in other social media activities, or even get up from where they are sitting to walk across the room, or even into another room altogether. im sure your portable anime player is best served by being plugged into a wall all day though

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

Dislike button posted:

wow, dude...uhhhh you know it doesn't have to be your parents or husband that buys you wireless headphones??

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
wireless headphones are good for running or w/e because they don't tug out of your ears when you move. not that anyone here would know about physical exercise

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Silver Alicorn posted:

wireless headphones are good for running or w/e because they don't tug out of your ears when you move. not that anyone here would know about physical exercise

i just got back from the gym bc im out of shape

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

"away from phone but listening to music with headphones" is a dumb usecase I'll just use speakers, headphones on my computer or my dedicated music player, the iPod classic. wireless can also cost more for a lesser quality product. it doesn't make sense to leave your phone somewhere in public and in private it doesn't matter. never had a problem with wired headphones and exercise tbh but I can see the benefit there

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Silver Alicorn posted:

i like my 8/hr BT plantronics

not for audiophiles or people who need it loud but they do okay for normal music listening + hearing cars

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

wow, dude...uhhhh you know it doesn't have to be your parents or husband that buys you wireless headphones??
          /

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

my brother turned into an alt right racist after spending too much time on /pol/

he also likes android phones

it is always like this

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

android: broken from the hardware up

https://www.xda-developers.com/nexus-6p-bootloop-fix/

just run on the low power cores, great job qualcomm. to install this fix you will need:

- a USB cable
- a hairdryer

Hugh G. Rectum fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Jul 24, 2017

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

just run on the low power cores, great job qualcomm. to install this fix you will need:

- a USB cable
- a hairdryer

just take it back to the one plus store

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

- a USB cable
- a hairdryer

I'm going to print this out and hang it on the wall as a reminder to my colleagues of how not to design hardware.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

how do you design a phone to self-destruct so neatly? I mean sarnsung were forced to replace a lotta lovely phones but this could just be chalked up to "sucks even more to be you anroid user"

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Boiled Water posted:

how do you design a phone to self-destruct so neatly? I mean sarnsung were forced to replace a lotta lovely phones but this could just be chalked up to "sucks even more to be you anroid user"

this falls on qualcomm they made a really lovely soc that had some tremendously bad thermal problems and since they alone p. much dictate what every android device uses every generation welp

what i find weird is that its only the lgs and the nexus 6 that had it manifest in bootloops a year later everyone elses phone on the same chipset just thermal throttled itself to uselessness immediately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

how is the solution to the issue "make the phone really hot"?