Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

suddenlyissoon posted:

Really enjoying Ozarks so far. The same things that make Jason Bateman such a good comedic actor can make him a loving rear end in a top hat dramatic actor.

You should really check him out in The Gift.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Rarity posted:

Why is nobody talking about Orphan Black this year? It's doing a really great job of tying all its craziness together in a satisfying package.

I'm watching it and feel the same as you. Also, I've seen some gruesome poo poo on TV over the years, but that last scene with Rachel. :stare:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

kittenmittons posted:

I'm watching it and feel the same as you. Also, I've seen some gruesome poo poo on TV over the years, but that last scene with Rachel. :stare:

Yeah, that was way too brutal :stonk:

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I watched it right before Game of Thrones, so it was a tad bit of a brutal night.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Hot take: The Orville looks more interesting than Star Trek: Discovery.

I hope it's more Galaxy Quest than Family guy but I saw Ted so I doubt it :(

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I want The Orville to be good because it's 2017 drat it and I want space comedies.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't care about space stuff and will probably never look at the Star Trek show outside of a weird period where I was watching Deep Space Nine every week with my dad and reruns of TNG I've never cared about that stuff.

But the Orville trailer has some funny jokes so I'll probably give that a chance.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

GreenNight posted:

I watched it right before Game of Thrones, so it was a tad bit of a brutal night.

I don't know why they started doing those visual gag transitions this season but it's great. First the poop soup and now the oozing pus custard. It makes up for the dull and badly written parts where characters stare off into the distance and make "profound" statements.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
GoT was not great this week

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I thought it was excellent, although my bar for great TV is pretty low. I was happy with everything that happened.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Escobarbarian posted:

GoT was not great this week

Every time I hear an opinion like that before I've seen this week's Game of Thrones episode I get this sense of panic that something really horrible is going to happen. Like, no other show does that to me. I hear "it was a bad episode this week" and I just think "oh, probably a bad episode." But I hear it about Game of Thrones and immediately I assume some horrific thing happened to a beloved character.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

My wife and got into GoT after season 4 so we're used to waiting until the season's over and snagging the DVDs but

Mu Zeta posted:

I don't know why they started doing those visual gag transitions this season but it's great. First the poop soup and now the oozing pus custard. It makes up for the dull and badly written parts where characters stare off into the distance and make "profound" statements.

:stare:

I might have to look up some clips.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I generally avoid binging GoT just because its too much misery and poo poo all at once. I couldn't process it like that any more sometime around the Sansa rape storyline.

Plus its just impossible to avoid spoilers for very long. I'm disappointed that I'll probably have to do the same with Westworld S2 for the same reason.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It was just a super boring episode with a bunch of pointless scenes that would be annoying even in a 10 episode season let alone 7.

I mean not worthless, there was some good poo poo in there. But this season is off to a tepid start so far.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Poop soup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42lDdLN9qYA

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I know it's summer and all, but I think for the first summer in I don't know how long there's actually not a single scripted show I'm watching on TV right now. And only two shows in general I'm catching every week and both of those are pretty much game shows. I guess my Peak TV is now Valley TV.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I just watched the second episode of Ozark. It's great. I highly recommend it.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

God , right now I'm watching Dark Matter, Killjoys, Orphan Black, GoT, The Strain, Twin Peaks, and Preacher.

At least a few of these are ending.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

GreenNight posted:

God , right now I'm watching Dark Matter, Killjoys, Orphan Black, GoT, The Strain, Twin Peaks, and Preacher.

At least a few of these are ending.

Yeah, I think I might have more now than I do in the fall.

Don't forget 'Blood Drive'. 'People of Earth' starts back up again tonight as well.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

The Last Ship should be starting up again soon too I think.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I completely forgot OB's new season started. I'm a bad Canadian.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

I'm slowly becoming a cord cutter not out of any deliberate decision, but by the time I get around to the stuff on my DVR, it's on streaming services in better quality.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I agree. I have GoT on Dish but it looks 100x better on HBO Go.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm watching Preacher, Game of Thrones, Mist (kinda), Strain (sorta), recording Orphan Black, Wynonna Earp, Killjoys (sorta), Blood Drive.

There's some new supernatural thing premiering on a network tonight I'll probably give a shot too.

But like, its all binging these days for me. Over the last couple of weeks I binged Girlboss, Friends From College, GLOW. Last month I did The Path and some other Hulu shows I'm forgetting. These days currently airing shows are almost an inconvience for me as I much rather just do the binge thing. With CW shows making that deal with Netflix to go right on them I just skipped most of their seasons and will binge them over the course of the next couple of months.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I had HBO on Directv up until this season where I'm subbed to HBO Now for the 2 months GoT is on, and I would swear even the sound is better.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

STAC Goat posted:

With CW shows making that deal with Netflix to go right on them I just skipped most of their seasons and will binge them over the course of the next couple of months.

Yeah, that's where I'm going to be this fall as well. I already did that with The 100 and The Originals, but I'm planning on doing it with the DC shows as well as Supernatural this year.

I have enough backlog of Netflix originals and Amazon originals now that I could probably sustain the whole fall season just with that stuff.

I'll never be without anything to watch and I rarely discuss anything show related with friends anymore, so I'm pretty much on my own schedule.

About the only stuff I'll keep up with as it airs is stuff that's on good streaming services (like HBO Go), stuff I know I'll eventually buy so I'll just buy it on Vudu now (like Preacher), or topical stuff.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Anyone who is not watching Twin Peaks is severely depriving themselves of one of life's greatest experiences

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Truth.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
People said that about the original Twin Peaks and I did not care for it at all.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Snak posted:

People said that about the original Twin Peaks and I did not care for it at all.

Mods!!?!??!?!??!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Snak posted:

Comparing The Return to the original is like comparing LOST to Gilligan's Island.

Very much so, now that I think about it.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

I'll watch modern Twin Peaks when I finish watching 90s Twin Peaks because I missed it first time around because I was 11 years old and had no influence in what we watched on TV.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

IRQ posted:

The Last Ship should be starting up again soon too I think.

Didn't they put that show on the back burner because of some issue with one of the stars?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

STAC Goat posted:

I don't care about space stuff and will probably never look at the Star Trek show outside of a weird period where I was watching Deep Space Nine every week with my dad and reruns of TNG I've never cared about that stuff.

But the Orville trailer has some funny jokes* so I'll probably give that a chance.

*citation needed

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Just finished the 10 episode binge of Ozark. Terrific show, definitely check it out if you're looking for something new.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

X-O posted:

I guess my Peak TV is now Valley TV.

Is it because the majority of TV is bingeable Netflix/Amazon/Hulu stuff and you're finishing everything you watch in a week? I'm still watching a ton of scripted TV but the only stuff released weekly is Game of Thrones, Preacher, Snowfall and Animal Kingdom.

Looten Plunder fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Jul 25, 2017

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm only watching The Strain

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Looten Plunder posted:

Is it because the majority of TV is bingeable Netflix/Amazon/Hulu stuff and you're finishing everything you watch in a week? I'm still watching a ton of scripted TV but the only stuff released weekly is Game of Thrones, Preacher, Snowfall and Animal Kingdom.

Nah. I don't even have Netflix right now. I'd say 90% of what I do watch is still stuff I DVR from network/cable/premium channels. As for Netflix I treat it like going out to a movie, if there's something new I want to watch I'll subscribe for a month and then drop it because otherwise I don't have time to watch it and there's no reason to give them money if I'm not using it.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Having a poo poo week and feel like binge watching some poo poo on Netflix. Any recent shows added or any new originals that are real loving good? Open to pretty much any genre but looking for poo poo that is maybe 1-3 seasons in at most so I can finish/catch up with it instead of just burning out on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Some info around tastes/genres might be helpful

• Locked thread