Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

sanjuro42 posted:

I was wondering the best wat to fix my BAF Thanos lose chest articulation. I heard about using glue but I don't know the proper procedure for that. tia

Floor polish. Dap some on the joint and work it in. Kep flexing the joint for a few minutes. It will add some friction to the joint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

I'd be game for a Yamaguchi Daredevil, honestly paired with a Kingpin because why not. I'd take more X-Men, alternatively (Nightcrawler, Storm, Rogue, Cyclops). Marrow would be insanely fun and infinitely poseable. If they go back to Spider-Man characters, Black Cat would be a no-brainer.

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Jul 24, 2017

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Fuzz posted:

gently caress that poo poo, GIVE ME NIGHTCRAWLER. With an articulated tail that is boss as hell.

Oh gently caress that would be badass. He'd need some magnet pieces like Spidey and Gwen have too.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Joe Gillian posted:

I'd be game for a Yamaguchi Daredevil, honestly paired with a Kingpin because why not. I'd take more X-Men, alternatively (Nightcrawler, Storm, Rogue, Cyclops). Marrow would be insanely fun and infinitely poseable. If they go back to Spider-Man characters, Black Cat would be a no-brainer.

I figured Carnage should be next, but I guess not!

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

X-Men are money, bay bee!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Blackchamber posted:

MvC Shuma Gorath...

That would be the greatest.

sanjuro42
Jul 23, 2006

"I never could get the hang of Thursdays."

Rhyno posted:

Floor polish. Dap some on the joint and work it in. Kep flexing the joint for a few minutes. It will add some friction to the joint.

Thanks. I'll give it a try once I get home.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Revoltech would single handedly bring the Japanese economy into a boom period if they made a Jim Lee Gambit.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

X-Men are money, bay bee!

MooselanderII posted:

Revoltech would single handedly bring the Japanese economy into a boom period if they made a Jim Lee Gambit.

My body is ready. My biggest wish is a Beast, but Nightcrawler, Gambit, or any sort of Jim Lee era X-men would be incredible.

Still mega pumped for Magneto.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Ugh my Aforce order got cancelled.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rirse posted:

The gently caress? They give a reason.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Rhyno posted:

The gently caress? They give a reason.

Just some crap about not finding it. I hope it shows up at work since I still want it.

Totbot
Oct 4, 2013
Mine also got canceled. Was pretty much my most looked forward to legends this year, so that sucks. Really hope it comes to retail.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Leaves me little hope then. I was wondering if it would hit brick and mortar or go up on EE.com since I was broke for another week.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

It's coming to retail, don't worry!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I found the Xenomorph everyone. No need to fret!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Visited with my oldest, best friend and fellow toy collector this weekend, and he got me the Mattel Multiverse Wonder Woman, just because I had gushed about how great Gal Gadot was, and how the movie made me care about Wonder Woman for the first time ever.

I thought she might be a little taller, but the sculpt, articulation, and especially the paint are all really terrific. She looks as much like Gal as a figure in that price range could look. So many of the DC Collectibles figures have those plain, unpainted faces, so I like how Mattel used paint to bring out her features.

She came with her shield and the Ares BAF shield, and there was nice detail work in both of them. I like that there's a loop on her belt for the lasso, with a peg to keep it hanging there. She holds her sword fine, but I was worried shoving it into her small open hand was gonna crack her thumb off like an old G.I. Joe. The only Wonder Woman I have is the JLU figure in my big JLU display, so it's cool to have her in my 6" display at last. After how much I enjoyed the movie and especially Gal's performance, making her a champion for the weak and playing up her empathy and compassion, she is the perfect version to have.

My buddy also fixed the goggle that cracked off my DC Direct Kevin Maguire-style Blue Beetle when he took a header off my shelf a few months ago. Dude builds his own movie prop-quality lightsabers now, so he has crazy skills.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Rirse posted:

TRU not being able to handle a online preorder? Never!

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
The Wonder Woman movie sucked poo poo. They trained all their lives to fight a villain then they decided not to fight the villain and also the villain turned out to not actually be what they thought it was at all. Their lives were truly, truly meaningless.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Well she didn't gently caress a vaginal facsimile so i understand why you didn't like it

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
There is going to be a life size WW you can probably have sex with. Maybe that'll change it for you

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
You boys and your toys....

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

GoldfishStew posted:

You boys and your toys.... that you can't even gently caress.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I know we're BSS posters and basically the nerds that get bullied by other nerds but if yall could please stop taking the bait from the real doll guy that would be great

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

https://www.facebook.com/feng.2002/?hc_ref=ARS8v_D25LtQZjQBNKu0pxv_7n__L59W-C7IONhnKwfarcLhPPRIVl67mNSCgjZbfFY

John Wick heads are back on sale... at $70 a pop for a painted head and a 1:12 pencil.

Yes, that is 3.5x the cost of an actual ML figure. I mean, $50 for a nice head sculpt I can see, but jesus...

... still tempted, though.:smithicide:

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jul 25, 2017

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Fuzz posted:

https://www.facebook.com/feng.2002/?hc_ref=ARS8v_D25LtQZjQBNKu0pxv_7n__L59W-C7IONhnKwfarcLhPPRIVl67mNSCgjZbfFY

John Wick heads are back on sale... at $70 a pop for a painted head and a 1:12 pencil.

Yes, that is 3.5x the cost of an actual ML figure. I mean, $50 for a nice head sculpt I can see, but jesus...

... still tempted, though.:smithicide:

That nose is super off, $70 is a lot for a small piece that isn't even that accurate.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It's painted though and that's a steal. I don't see John Wick figures coming out any time soon so this is the best you get.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I picked up ML 12in Thor today and I was pleasantly surprised to see that the hair and helmet were interchangeable.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Joe Fisto posted:

I picked up ML 12in Thor today and I was pleasantly surprised to see that the hair and helmet were interchangeable.

Wow. If they can start doing that sort of thing on the 6" scale (ahaha not blood likely) they might start getting closer to import quality. As it is their head sculpts are getting there.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The sculpts are fine on 6" too, it's the paint. For the price point it's not worth doing better.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

The sculpts are fine on 6" too, it's the paint. For the price point it's not worth doing better.

That's my point, even on the new Marvel Knights wave, the sculpts AND the paint are both pretty drat solid. The new Punisher head in particular is just really impressive.

John Wick talk: I got a quote from the guy on shipping to NYC... $90 total, BUT HEY I ALSO GET A PENCIL. :shepspends:

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Don't do it!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's a John Wick Pop Vinyl...

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Put a POP John Wick head on a ML Agent Coulson body and call it a day!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I'm tempted to be a shitter, buy it, and then sell blank casts of the head to goons for the cost of shipping, but... yeah that's mean.

But we could think of it like bulk purchasing??

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fuzz posted:

I'm tempted to be a shitter, buy it, and then sell blank casts of the head to goons for the cost of shipping, but... yeah that's mean.

But we could think of it like bulk purchasing??

The painting is the real cost.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Guy Goodbody posted:

The painting is the real cost.

Exactly, which is why if goons wanted the cast to paint themselves, they can go for it...

Not sure if I'll pull the trigger. $90 is steep right now, and I was just gonna get the regular head, not the John Wick 2 one if I were to get one...

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
I'd try painting it if you sent it with a self addressed stamped envelope. I'm kind of close to pro on my best day, maybe you'll get lucky?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I'd try painting it if you sent it with a self addressed stamped envelope. I'm kind of close to pro on my best day, maybe you'll get lucky?

He isn't selling unpainted heads, so I'd have a painted one as a master to cast off of.

I've been meaning to start getting into casting, particularly heads, since it seems an easy way to get some practice and not ruin a bunch of heads.

Still on the fence.