Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I'm looking forward to seeing Valerian at the cinema, I know it's not going to be great but it's going to be very pretty and entertaining because Luc Besson and that's currently all I require from sci-fi because the genre as a whole is trash.

I respect Howard Taylor's (author and artist of webcomic "Schlock Mercenary") opinion on movies, as he seems to have similar tastes to myself regarding SF/fantasy stuff.
He says that Valerian is beautiful, *but*.
Summary quote:
"Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets deserves top billing in a future season of Mystery Science Theater 3000. It was only slightly less painful to watch than Cry Wilderness or Starcrash. It clears my Threshold of Disappointment, obviously, and does so with such aplomb that I almost feel like apologizing to Transformers: The Last Knight."

Ouch.
(http://howardtayler.com/2017/07/valerian-and-the-city-of-a-thousand-planets/)

Still may go see it on matinee/second run.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I recently streamed 13 Hours, the Benghazi movie. I enjoyed it even though it was a Michael Bay-Splosion film.

Bad opinions; I have plenty.

I was excited when I saw the trailer for that, until it got to the Michael Bay part, then I actively avoided it, because I hate what he's done to a part of my childhood.

On a related note, just saw the teaser for Pacific Rim 2. I'm in. Love my giant robots, just not Michael Bay.

Also, Stranger Things 2! And Death Note live action (will watch that one with my daughter - she loved the anime) and Marvel's Defenders on Netflix, and The Tick on Amazon Video,

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Tits are great, commenting about someone's tits on an internet forum is weird. ...unless it's a forum dedicated to tits.

Or possibly an internet comedy forum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Movie chat: Saw this earlier on imgur and it's relevant - https://imgur.com/gallery/GAqOU

Kingsman: Golden Circle looks like it'll be good in a fun action movie way. Had no idea about Bright until this morning but it looks decent as well.

Darchangel posted:

On a related note, just saw the teaser for Pacific Rim 2. I'm in. Love my giant robots, just not Michael Bay.

Also, Stranger Things 2!
Yes to these as well.

Even though I haven't bothered going to the theater for a movie in a while I may have to for some of these. Still want to see Baby Driver before it leaves theaters.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Saw baby driver last night and it's highly entertaining, A+ for all the car scenes and great integration of music into all aspects of the movie.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Lol at RCR saying the Rover 75 is the car he'd most want to take back to the US...

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Darchangel posted:

Or possibly an internet comedy forum.

Or possibly they were just really nice tits.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

InitialDave posted:

Lol at RCR saying the Rover 75 is the car he'd most want to take back to the US...
Seriously? :lol:

Broke poo poo, feel bad, can't sleep.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Darchangel posted:

I respect Howard Taylor's (author and artist of webcomic "Schlock Mercenary") opinion on movies, as he seems to have similar tastes to myself regarding SF/fantasy stuff.
He says that Valerian is beautiful, *but*.
Summary quote:
"Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets deserves top billing in a future season of Mystery Science Theater 3000. It was only slightly less painful to watch than Cry Wilderness or Starcrash. It clears my Threshold of Disappointment, obviously, and does so with such aplomb that I almost feel like apologizing to Transformers: The Last Knight."

Ouch.
(http://howardtayler.com/2017/07/valerian-and-the-city-of-a-thousand-planets/)

Still may go see it on matinee/second run.

I was excited when I saw the trailer for that, until it got to the Michael Bay part, then I actively avoided it, because I hate what he's done to a part of my childhood.

Also, Stranger Things 2! And Death Note live action (will watch that one with my daughter - she loved the anime) and Marvel's Defenders on Netflix, and The Tickon Amazon Video,

I'm straight up not expecting much from Valerian, only glorious visuals and weird poo poo so I'm good I think. The source material is very French so if it's even somewhat close I'll enjoy it. That said, didn't his Fifth Element get panned on release too?

Also bolded the poo poo I need to watch.

InitialDave posted:

I tried to tell everyone he doesn't like cars, just writing about them. But no, you wouldn't listen would you? :argh:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I tried to tell everyone he doesn't like cars, just writing about them. But no, you wouldn't listen would you? :argh:
Yeah, yeah.

Speaking of RCR's latest episode, I've been holding off on posting this:

This is what :toot: combined with :ohdear: looks like...

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

InitialDave posted:

Yeah, yeah.

Did you find that in a duckpond?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

InitialDave posted:

Yeah, yeah.

Ooooooooh!

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

Seminal Flu posted:

Or possibly they were just really nice tits.

It's definitely this one. :eyepop:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sinestro posted:

It's definitely this one. :eyepop:

I mean, Kristen Bell ain't no slouch anyways. But it was just like, whoa, where those been?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

InitialDave posted:

To be fair, he rebuilt a Vagabond Falcon and threw ridiculous money in it, while plotting to buy an autobox Plymouth Horizon, and fanboys over K-Cars. He's got weird tastes.

Oh, and the Intern sucks, no offense to him.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

CommieGIR posted:

Plymouth Horizon

I heard you can supercharge those little fuckers and get them up to 48mph.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Tits are great, commenting about someone's tits on an internet forum is weird. ...unless it's a forum dedicated to tits.

Uhh this isn't the internet it's CAT INTERCEPTOR's garage now chill out and have a beer while we talk about tits.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Tits are great. If having a babby makes them bigger, more power to them. Like with Mal Malloy.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

are we gonna talk about balls now, or

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Yes this is an equal opportunity garage hangout.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Adiabatic posted:

Uhh this isn't the internet it's CAT INTERCEPTOR's garage now chill out and have a beer while we talk about tits.
I'm going to reprogram you with a baseball bat.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Adiabatic posted:

Yes this is an equal opportunity garage hangout.

so which attractive young actor has the best balls, I guess

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

I meant "you can" not "i want to"

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Cage posted:

I'm going to reprogram you with a baseball bat.

Wow fuckin RUDE

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Leperflesh posted:

I'm no actor but my balls are pretty dope

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

I'm no actor but my balls are pretty dope

pics or gtfo

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Make sure to NSFW tag them balls, Rhyno.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Adiabatic posted:

I meant "you can" not "i want to"

I don't really do either, I just hope anyone who wants to talk about which specific male actors have the best balls feels comfortable doing so

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

That's really nice of you!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Steering back away from DangleBagChat...

spog posted:

Did you find that in a duckpond?
Close! It's been parked up outside someone's house since about 2004. This is it on Google Maps, in 2009:

Here's what a quick wash got me:

Rhyno posted:

Ooooooooh!
Actually bought it 2 months ago, but haven't posted about it because I simply haven't been able to do a whole lot with it. I'm hoping I'll have some time in the near future to actually have a crack at working on it.

The important thing is it is a genuine UK car, one of the 80 they officially imported 20 years ago, and it has an apparently genuine 35k on it. It's the rarest thing I'm likely to get hold of any time soon, so I kind of had to buy it when it cropped up.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Talk about whatever body parts turn ya all on I dont care. Not like I get any what with all these Subarus giving me negative sex appeal.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

InitialDave posted:

Close! It's been parked up outside someone's house since about 2004. This is it on Google Maps, in 2009:

Actually bought it 2 months ago, but haven't posted about it because I simply haven't been able to do a whole lot with it. I'm hoping I'll have some time in the near future to actually have a crack at working on it.

The important thing is it is a genuine UK car, one of the 80 they officially imported 20 years ago, and it has an apparently genuine 35k on it. It's the rarest thing I'm likely to get hold of any time soon, so I kind of had to buy it when it cropped up.

Insanely jealous of everywhere that isn't the US regarding import laws. 25 years is bullshit and I am not buying a Chevy gently caress you :argh:
I am jealous of your car.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

InitialDave posted:

Very cool dude! Was it a steal? Did they know it was rare and/or becoming sought after?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Leperflesh posted:

are we gonna talk about balls now, or

check your balls for lumps regularly

testicular cancer is a valid concern for men as early as your 20's

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

KakerMix posted:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

KakerMix posted:

Insanely jealous of everywhere that isn't the US regarding import laws. 25 years is bullshit and I am not buying a Chevy gently caress you :argh:
Well, while I could import one as easily as most other stuff (and without having to tit about chopping it up like MCM did), that's exactly what makes this one interesting - it was sold new in the UK by Daihatsu themselves.

Another funny similarity with the Cappuccino: As well as being a UK-market official import of a kei car, they're both Japanese-named models with Italian names (Cuore means "heart", Avanzato means "advanced").

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The PT has been parked up at my Mom's house, her neighbor wants to buy it. So might have that anchor gone shortly.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

InitialDave posted:

I assume that despite the low mileage it is actually broken in some way, hence the many years parked up?

Is it a 3 cyl? Tiny engines with turbos are awesome. :toot:

Tomarse posted:

Today I have also been educated about Fiat wiring. They don't run an ignition switched ACC feed to the standard looking ISO plugs behind the head unit, only a permanent live. Then they sneak 2 CAN cables into the ISO connector inplace of some of the less useful wires and the Fiat head unit switches on and off with the ignition using those. So if you want to fit a different head unit you have to dig out an ACC feed from somewhere else to make it turn on and off properly.

drat it. I ran an ACC from the fag lighter and the stereo works perfectly..... until stop/start kicks in and the ACC drops briefly every time it restarts.

I've got one of those large capacitors that are supposed to stop interference somewhere. Gonna try adding that in there and hopefully it can keep the ACC feed up for long enough.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Okay wait a sec forget about boob talk.... Rhyno what the ever living gently caress were you doing watching Veronica Mars in the first place????

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Okay wait a sec forget about boob talk.... Rhyno what the ever living gently caress were you doing watching Veronica Mars in the first place????

That show was great you hater!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Re: RCR

Looks like he finally realized how to pronounce 'kei' although he still gets docked for claiming the radiator is underneath the Acty. That's the condenser and he'd be hard pressed to flip a kei car even being as tall as it is. All the weight is down below and those tires are going to lose grip long before he flips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Leperflesh posted:

I don't really do either, I just hope anyone who wants to talk about which specific male actors have the best balls feels comfortable doing so

Wait, does anyone actually like balls to look at?

They are basically spare elbow skin, made into a small coin bag.

Regardless of your preferences, who can find them attractive?

• Locked thread