Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

peter gabriel posted:

Please DO NOT talk about things from or before 2016 thank you
Forget the Borrow Tour!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

Virtual Captain posted:

Still funny imo.

solid stuff there.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

JugbandDude posted:

Hey! Building a company takes time, ok?

Also while building a succesfl company you should absolutely not be producing any kind of product at the same time.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

We can't hold CIG to anything they said before 2017, because the universe did not exist before then. Any evidence to the contrary is all lies from the Great Deceiver Derek.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

http://celeryman.alexmeub.com/

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Star citizen : don't confuse me with your "facts" from "last year"

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

GazChap posted:

If CIG were writing the code for the Apollo missions, not only would we have never made it to the moon but every single one of the Apollo missions would have ended with the rocket comically spazzing out before leaving our atmosphere, ejecting all of their occupants (all of whom would have lost all of their clothes and would be inexplicably ejecting jets of air from various orifices not designed to eject air) and would then explode just before hitting space.

They'd get to the moon eventually though, but only after NASA invent a method of jumping instantaneously from one point in space-time to another.

And then they wouldn't be able to get any further because they'd realise that CIG had written the code for the doors too and they're now locked in a spacecraft on the Moon with no way to escape.

This made me laugh.

If CIG were developing real projects for real people, they'd of gone under in either law suits or nobody hiring them because they don't keep their promises on any level.

But really if CIG were even a normal game developer underneath a publisher, they'd of been dissolved 2 years ago probably.

The best part about CIG is they've already failed at being developers. There will never be a publisher dumb enough to support them for a Star Citizen 2. It's basically always going to need to be funded by people or hope that they can get enough revenue from endless sales.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

toanoradian posted:

I shall now unleash the only FATAL reference I know:

How are they gonna code for anal circumference?

Probably right after they make the /paycig # emote.

When using /paycig you'll watch your bald man avatar pull out his wallet and count the exact number you specified, then that amount is automatically deducted from your account you've tied to CIGs subscription system for the privilege of continuing to play to pay.

Version 2 of this after you pay $10,000 is a /tithe # where after you do it, the bald visage of Chris Roberts appears before your character in all black and yells "Just do it!" before vanishing again.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot
As we all know, startups, especially in the tech industry, need several years before they can even begin to focus on a project.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Star Citizen: Laughing (Expressed in Commentary)

messi_knessi is a replicant.

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line

hosed up if true

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

zcrow posted:

hosed up if true

Yeah, I was shocked to learn that birds had skeletons too

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I dont get how Elite Dangerous selling ship cosmetics is greedy and bad, but Star Citizen selling entire ships (or jpgs thereof) is cool and good?

Star Citizen defies all logic, all the time, every way possible.

That in itself makes it interesting to follow.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

The Titanic posted:

Star Citizen defies all logic, all the time, every way possible.

That in itself makes it interesting to follow.

Nah. Star Citizen only defies deadlines. The rest is just the backers being horrendously unintelligent — every last one of them.

roflingstones
May 19, 2009

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
so they are going to be at sub $2m in funding again this month

ruh roh

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

This could be a new heroic moment for Star Citizen. Not only did development just start in 2017, but everything promised before 2017 should also just be ignored now.

If you bought in because of one of those reasons? Well find a new reason! Your old one sucks and we shouldn't talk about it.

Hell, I think SC really should just have a 2 week forwards and 2 week backwards window. 2 weeks ago we can talk about the last two things sold, and in 2 more weeks SC is going to be released!

This is some hilarious mental gymnastics and I hope this guy continues like a snowball on a mountain.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

TheAgent posted:

so they are going to be at sub $2m in funding again this month

ruh roh

even with the totally not a warthog sale?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

big nipples big life posted:

even with the totally not a warthog sale?
its not doing that well, funding for it has already dropped off a cliff

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

TheAgent posted:

Who would have thought that a car in a space sim would not sell like proverbial hot 'cakes' of some description.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

TheAgent posted:

They're charging $230 for it, I don't know what they expected.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It's hard to believe how much this post owns, if it's one of ours that's some great work. Ah to retreat into a blissful fugue where whatever Croberts says last is the lord's truth, and whatever he said previously is goonie FUD

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

TheAgent posted:

Coincidentally thats when it came out they cant be used as lti token

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Well if only 10,000 out of the 1.8 million backers purchase it, that's a cool $2.3m right there. Surely 0.5% conversion rate is easily achievable.

That was their pitch to Coutts, anyway.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

TheAgent posted:

Relevant:

Dunno how that compares to Hurricane or their bomber thing.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Meridian posted:

They're charging $230 for it, I don't know what they expected.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

Golli posted:

Well if only 10,000 out of the 1.8 million backers purchase it, that's a cool $2.3m right there. Surely 0.5% conversion rate is easily achievable.

That was their pitch to Coutts, anyway.

1.8 million strong

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Hav posted:

Who would have thought that a car in a space sim would not sell like proverbial hot 'cakes' of some description.

Not sure, would figure that the second or third ground-only vehicle in the unfinished spaceman game would sell like hotcakes. But seriously, I think they've exhausted how much people will spend on a ground vehicle. And they are also topped out on the amount of people that will buy new spaceships. You all know what that means.

That's right, coming in time for Gamescon, the brand-new RSI submersible! Have you ever wanted to transition from space to planet surface, and then transition further and pretend you're playing Subnautica. Now you can** with the new deployable submarine. Procedurally generated fish! Only $399, new cash only.

**Coming in patch 3.6

Drunk Theory fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jul 24, 2017

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

Hav posted:

I'm gonna call that the Tumbril Cyclone is the start of the nosedive of concept ship quality. In a flailing attempt to stay alive, they're going to scrape the bin and sell any ship they have a color picture of.

Bold prediction: they offer fuzzy's sword and board concept for sale at some point.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Have they not done an actual stealth (lol) ship yet?

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Polish Avenger posted:

Bold prediction: they offer fuzzy's sword and board concept for sale at some point.

The addition of a "Free Candy" logo on the Board part would be a logical add-on cosmetic for it :)

Taxxe *payed*

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Drunk Theory posted:

Not sure, would figure that the second or third ground-only vehicle in the unfinished spaceman game would sell like hotcakes. But seriously, I think they've exhausted how much people will spend on a ground vehicle. And they are also topped out on the amount of people that will buy new spaceships. You all know what that means.

That's right, coming in time for Gamescon, the brand-new RSI submersible! Have you ever wanted to transition from space to planet surface, and then transition further and pretend you're playing Subnautica. Now you can** with the new deployable submarine. Procedurally generated fish! Only $399, new cash only.

**Coming in patch 3.6

Can I build an underwater base?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I can't leave without my buddy Smartfly!

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Meridian posted:

As long as it punches above its weight I'm in!

Wait a minute. If everything punches above its weight, isn't that the same as everything punching exactly at its weight?

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

i'd play the poo poo out of this.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Meridian posted:

They've done quite a few ships that don't show up. So… kind of?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

tooterfish posted:

As long as it punches above its weight I'm in!

Wait a minute. If everything punches above its weight, isn't that the same as everything punching exactly at its weight?

When you can make space ships explode by nipple jetting your naked space man into them it's kind of pointless to measure.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

mike12345 posted:

Can I build an underwater base?

Unfortunately, I'm afraid the deployable submersible is not capable of constructing a base.
That said, the deployable submersible variant C trades missile capability for expanded cargo-space and sonar capabilities. The Submersible C will feature a small deployable habitat that itself can be upgraded through the store. Though for the true submariner, the lack of weapon systems will be a dealbreaker.

Varient C comes with LTI, with a starting price of $475. Or you can buy the complete underwater pack for $1500, which also includes LTI on your underwater base.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Drunk Theory posted:

Unfortunately, I'm afraid the deployable submersible is not capable of constructing a base.
That said, the deployable submersible variant C trades missile capability for expanded cargo-space and sonar capabilities. The Submersible C will feature a small deployable habitat that itself can be upgraded through the store. Though for the true submariner, the lack of weapon systems will be a dealbreaker.

Varient C comes with LTI, with a starting price of $475. Or you can buy the complete underwater pack for $1500, which also includes LTI on your underwater base.

Variant C - the "J'ar J'ar"