Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Lawlicaust posted:

• Glyphs can also be leveled. Never combine glyphs with the glyph on an item to upgrade them, you get a huge xp penalty. Only combine glyphs not on an item. Later you can delete the glyph on the item and put the new one on.

If I understand this right, I should be upgrading/combining glyphs until they're max-level purple and only then attaching them to weapons/talismans. Is that accurate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

prefect posted:

If I understand this right, I should be upgrading/combining glyphs until they're max-level purple and only then attaching them to weapons/talismans. Is that accurate?

I'm pretty sure that "huge xp penalty" is a visual bug with the xp bar

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I've collected four zones worth of lore in the last two days and it's sad how many are just on rocky outcrops above the player. It's like they went "I dunno where to put this in a way that makes sense so let's just stick it on this cliff so they have to attempt wall jumping or circle around and take the long way"

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Anyone have a good heal build? The goon guild needs a healer so was thinking of slowly leveling up my healing gear.

Was thinking Blood/Shotgun?

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."

prefect posted:

I've upgraded a ton of glyphs, both socketed and not. Both of them take the same amount of xp and work as expected. Just remember that glyphs only go to 20, no matter what color they are.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
When should I be getting glyphs btw, I'm level 28 and my blue weapon still doesn't have one? Should I be running dungeons for them? (Like maybe the ship dungeon I didn't know about until I was over leveled or the hotel dungeon I can't figure out the proceeding quest for. :shh:)

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

You'll start getting glyph reward bags eventually. They only come from quest rewards and scenarios. Start working on them whenever, but in this game it's ideal to work towards your bis items asap. Maybe try to get a good head talisman and upgrade it and its glyph, then move to the top 3. It doesn't matter much while leveling but it does impact item lvl and will become important in endgame.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

kayakyakr posted:

Don't play the PVP in this game to win, ever.

Reportedly the rewards for losing are worthwhile.

It's the same if you win or lose and takes two minutes for like ~500 anima shards and a lootbag or two. It's not worth caring about but it is worth doing if you've not got anything else on.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Stanley Pain posted:

Basically don't play the PVP in this game, ever.
Unless you'd like to have enough anima shards to empower things... then play PvP a LOT.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Amante posted:

Unless you'd like to have enough anima shards to empower things... then play PvP a LOT.

My go-to is queueing in and playing a different game while it runs, lately it's been FF8.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Len posted:

My go-to is queueing in and playing a different game while it runs, lately it's been FF8.

Brave. Knows the Funcom devs hate his guts and read this thread, while posting this.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Tallgeese posted:

Brave. Knows the Funcom devs hate his guts and read this thread, while posting this.

Look man I run out, mash some buttons and die. They can't get me for not trying.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Len posted:

Look man I run out, mash some buttons and die. They can't get me for not trying.

That pretty much describes each time I've ever tried PvP in any MMO.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

On a scale of "you needed bother with money" to "kick you in the nuts every five seconds telling you to subscribe", how does the F2P look for this game? Some friends and I are looking at it for our weekly hangout sessions.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Each daily reward will give you a look into the bonus you would have gotten if you were a subscriber. Also each fast travel you use will happily remind you that subscribers can do this for free.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Bruceski posted:

On a scale of "you needed bother with money" to "kick you in the nuts every five seconds telling you to subscribe", how does the F2P look for this game? Some friends and I are looking at it for our weekly hangout sessions.

You might hit the level cap in the story quest and have to do an extra mission or two but thats about it. There is a blue weapon and glyph requirement in egypt but by then you should have that and if you dont just ask goons for help

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Play casually with friends, do every quest, don't look up answers online (seriously, gently caress you, don't ruin the fun) and just enjoy the awesome story content. You don't need to pay a cent. Ignore the mmo aspect entirely and just chill. This game is in its prime when played exactly how you're describing.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug

Bruceski posted:

Just don't do this

Pictured: A whale found in the wilds of Agartha. Obscured behind he box are two more mythic talismans with epic/mythic signets and glyphs. Also the anima touched weapons. All possibly boosted to 3 pips by aurum.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Allatum posted:

Just don't do this

Pictured: A whale found in the wilds of Agartha. Obscured behind he box are two more mythic talismans with epic/mythic signets and glyphs. Also the anima touched weapons. All possibly boosted to 3 pips by aurum.

Pfft that's nothing. There's a screen on the Reddit of a guy in all reds.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Thanks, SWTOR's "free to be constantly reminded of how much stuff you're not getting while you live on table scraps" has made me a bit wary.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

There's some very questionable stuff about the F2P model, but it doesn't become incredibly apparent until you're at 50 and working on epics. Game is still worth checking out to see if it's your bag, though... best story in the genre by far.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Bruceski posted:

Thanks, SWTOR's "free to be constantly reminded of how much stuff you're not getting while you live on table scraps" has made me a bit wary.

To be honest, SWTOR's "You Must Never Forget that You are NOT part of the Glorious Subscriber Elite' system is a class of it's own, especially when you add in the crowd that throws a complete frothing rage fit over anyone daring to mention the bold heresy of 'maybe they should reevaluate the f2p model to adjust for the changes that have happened in games overall'.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Allatum posted:

Just don't do this

Wait, you can use aurum to give an item more pips?

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
2500 Aurum will take any item to three pips in the Fusion section of the Uprgade inerface. If you have more than one character, it's not actually all that hard to run their dailies and dungeons, quickly accumulating the marks you need for Aurum exchange on the AH.

vvv: That too. You'd be lucky. A lot of the time though, any item at 3 pips worth anything is pretty extortionate.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Jul 25, 2017

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

basically evaluate the price of the three-pip item on the AH to see if 2500 aurum, converted into marks, is more expensive than just buying the correct quality outright

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Maybe it's just me, but running three sets of dailies sounds pretty boring.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Allatum posted:

Just don't do this

I heard the sound of a cash register at Funcom ringing in celebration.

Hopefully the whales fund some genuine new content down the line. I don't mind how many mythics they parade around in if we get more story content.

I'm still in half purples and half blues :v:

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Allatum posted:

Just don't do this

That is at least $200 spent just in that screenshot, probably more.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Allatum posted:

Just don't do this

I think I have that assault rifle. (I got it out of a cache, honest.)

You know what would be nice, actually? If we could find whales that represent the "ideal" gear settings so I can take a picture and have something to aim for. I would love that.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I look forward to this in future:

LFG more Orochi Tower Basement Nightmare, FULL MAXED MYTHIC ONLY PST

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

People in the LFG channel are already asking for ridiculous item power to do ELITE 1s (which are tuned to be doable by fresh 50s), so yeah... strap in.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
At some point I need to change my skills a bit so I don't have hate generators in my basic rotation, for when I bother with group content.

But today is not that day.

(mostly just want to play Facility again at some point, it had one of the most story interesting final bosses in the game)

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Fruits of the sea posted:

Maybe it's just me, but running three sets of dailies sounds pretty boring.

It's no different than running a batch of dailies on multiple characters in any other game. What's nice here is you can stick with whichever repeatable missions are your faves and don't mind at all rerunning compared to a location that's assigned which could suck rear end and the only reason you're running it again is because it's the daily and you need the tokens/marks/points.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Yeah, just reran the entirity of Tyler Freeborn on one of mine. Being able to pick and choose the missions for interest and/or speed is aight. Let's face it, you're going to be re-running all these missions anyay for the sweet, sweet anima shards/combining fodder.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

I have been messing around in Kingsmouth trying to 100% the zone for that hot topic outfit and yeah the anima shards flow like water doing such low level content. Blowing through the challenges every time they reset and racking up AP/SP pretty fast too.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

The teleport costs must be a nightmare for non patrons.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
450 a pop at level 50 I hear. Probably just going to have to boost my sprint and use Aurum to buy a scooter.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Jokes on you funcom, I don't like fast travel anyway!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kokoro Wish posted:

450 a pop at level 50 I hear. Probably just going to have to boost my sprint and use Aurum to buy a scooter.

Anima leap is basically 50 shards plus 50 x the number of the zone you're in. So 100 in the first Kingsmouth zone, going up to 450 in Carpathian Fangs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Hypocrisy posted:

The teleport costs must be a nightmare for non patrons.

I was just thinking about that last night. I couldn't imagine having to pay for those things