Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:
Drugs are bad cause they mean everyone has to start doing them to stay competitive. Look at what happened in pro cycling.

Taz had eyes like dishplates in his post North interview. Maybe he was just excited though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Make everyone drink Monster laced with molly.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Well no wonder I suck. I'm playing stoned all the time. I need coke.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

yolandi posted:

Drugs are bad cause they mean everyone has to start doing them to stay competitive. Look at what happened in pro cycling.

Taz had eyes like dishplates in his post North interview. Maybe he was just excited though

Cycling is one of those exceptions because most of the sport comes down to "use ATP in muscles as effectively as possible" so things like steroids and blood doping give you a serious edge.

I have ADHD and actually need to take Ritalin and the only aspect of my game it really improves is that it makes me more alert, which I can get just as well from a cup of coffee. The focusing aspect of it actually sometimes messes me up because my brain is taking in only one stream of information.

Have there been scandals with pro players taking it in the past? I don't want taking Adderall to be the norm for pro gamers but I don't really think it's an effective gaming PED. I could be totally wrong and it's been proven to make you better at games, but at first glance drug testing in esports just seems like a "we're a real sport now!" follow-the-leader thing.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Soulex posted:

Well no wonder I suck. I'm playing stoned all the time. I need coke.

coke wears off too quickly and makes you too jittery.

ThePeavstenator posted:

Cycling is one of those exceptions because most of the sport comes down to "use ATP in muscles as effectively as possible" so things like steroids and blood doping give you a serious edge.

I have ADHD and actually need to take Ritalin and the only aspect of my game it really improves is that it makes me more alert, which I can get just as well from a cup of coffee. The focusing aspect of it actually sometimes messes me up because my brain is taking in only one stream of information.

Have there been scandals with pro players taking it in the past? I don't want taking Adderall to be the norm for pro gamers but I don't really think it's an effective gaming PED. At first glance, drug testing in esports just seems like a "we're a real sport now!" follow-the-leader thing.

As someone that does not have ADD/ADHD, taking adderall noticeably makes me better at CSGO, I actually experimented for a while and had a second account that was my adderall account, it was consistently 2-3 ranks higher than my regular. Obviously there are other factors than me popping some pills, but I can say with utmost certainty that adderall/vyvanse make me play better, never tried with ritalin, though I'm sure it would be the same.

MF_James fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jul 24, 2017

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
there was a p big adderall scandal like two years ago when semphis said everyone on c9 was tweaking for a tournament.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

MF_James posted:

As someone that does not have ADD/ADHD, taking adderall noticeably makes me better at CSGO, I actually experimented for a while and had a second account that was my adderall account, it was consistently 2-3 ranks higher than my regular. Obviously there are other factors than me popping some pills, but I can say with utmost certainty that adderall/vyvanse make me play better, never tried with ritalin, though I'm sure it would be the same.

Thom and the Heads posted:

there was a p big adderall scandal like two years ago when semphis said everyone on c9 was tweaking for a tournament.

Fair enough then. To me at first glance it looked like they randomly threw up some study drugs as "banned" so they could be just like the big kid sports or something.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Dazed, AZK, Swag, Android, Dephh playing for compLexity. Mark it, dude.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

mcvey posted:

gently caress man why you gotta be like that.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

mcvey posted:

disgusting, and not in the cool way

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

ThePeavstenator posted:

Have there been scandals with pro players taking it in the past? I don't want taking Adderall to be the norm for pro gamers but I don't really think it's an effective gaming PED. I could be totally wrong and it's been proven to make you better at games, but at first glance drug testing in esports just seems like a "we're a real sport now!" follow-the-leader thing.

do you know anything about sports lmfao

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

ArmZ posted:

Are you one of those people who interjects by yelling ASTERISK every time someone brings up Barry Bonds being the greatest baseball player of all time?

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

ThePeavstenator posted:

Are you one of those people who interjects by yelling ASTERISK every time someone brings up Barry Bonds being the greatest baseball player of all time?

he said sports lmao

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Up Circle posted:

he said sports lmao

IM GETTING TROLLED AND IT'S WORKING

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

ThePeavstenator posted:

I have ADHD as well, and what's wrong here is that you're trying to attribute the features of a medication that makes our brains act normally to someone else who already does not exhibit those faults that you or I do. I'm not sure how you posted this many times without possibly considering this.

EDIT: in the interest of transparency I haven't been on Ritalin for over 12 years since I decided to get off of it.

A TURGID FATSO fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jul 25, 2017

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
best way to play cs is during a stimulant crash, that way you can bring down the team with you

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I used to play on heroin

it was fun idk if it made me better though

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

ArmZ posted:

Peavs is a unique fellow. Let's leave it at that.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

A TURGID FATSO posted:

I have ADHD as well, and what's wrong here is that you're trying to attribute the features of a medication that makes our brains act normally to someone else who already does not exhibit those faults that you or I do. I'm not sure how you posted this many times without possibly considering this.

EDIT: in the interest of transparency I haven't been on Ritalin for over 12 years since I decided to get off of it.

I was going to post this, people that need it, it levels them out, for lack of a better term (it also can turn people into robots much like anti-depression meds do), whereas people that do not have ADD/ADHD get hyper focus, increased sensitivity to stimuli, etc.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

drunken officeparty posted:

I used to play on heroin

This makes sooooooooo much sense

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Unbound posted:

It's like a light was just shined into the darkness, illuminating a path and turning my confusion into clear understanding.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

drunken officeparty posted:

I used to play on heroin

it was fun idk if it made me better though

lmfao it's all clear now

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Is there a good set of guides or tutorials or something for learning map or movement fundamentals? Right now I'm just holding random angles and listening for footsteps and while that's been good enough in MM, eventually I'll hit a rank where it doesn't work. It's definitely not good enough in goonhouses because my shooting isn't good enough to make up for the fact that I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing and I keep getting prefired or just killed from making really stupid decisions.

I know that sothatwemaybefree.com exists for nade spots. Is there something like that for T executes or CT holds?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

ThePeavstenator posted:

Is there a good set of guides or tutorials or something for learning map or movement fundamentals? Right now I'm just holding random angles and listening for footsteps and while that's been good enough in MM, eventually I'll hit a rank where it doesn't work. It's definitely not good enough in goonhouses because my shooting isn't good enough to make up for the fact that I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing and I keep getting prefired or just killed from making really stupid decisions.

I know that sothatwemaybefree.com exists for nade spots. Is there something like that for T executes or CT holds?

The "No Bullshit" CS series is pretty good at running through stuff quickly, for other more specific ideas, Steel and Dazed have really great videos on their youtube channel explaining stuff from a pro perspective.

Warowl too, but he's really basic and oriented towards complete noobs. He's ok, but you'll get stuck in a rut watching him for too long. Stick to the pros.

Also, watch pro games between top teams. Listen to good commentators like HenryG and Yanko who know the game on a pro level. The more you watch, the better. No one video will improve your game, you kinda just have to absorb it.

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jul 25, 2017

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Famethrowa posted:

The "No Bullshit" CS series is pretty good at running through stuff quickly, for other more specific ideas, Steel and Dazed have really great videos on their youtube channel explaining stuff from a pro perspective.

Warowl too, but he's really basic and oriented towards complete noobs. He's ok, but you'll get stuck in a rut watching him for too long. Stick to the pros.

Also, watch pro games between top teams. Listen to good commentators like HenryG and Yanko who know the game on a pro level. The more you watch, the better. No one video will improve your game, you kinda just have to absorb it.

Thanks, I'll check out the no bullshit series, and I feel like I might have actually heard of Warowl and watched some of his stuff a long time ago too.

I have been watching some pro streams and games but I feel like I'm just imitating their plays without understanding what they're for or how to correctly do the more subtle stuff.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

ThePeavstenator posted:

I have been watching some pro streams and games but I feel like I'm just imitating their plays without understanding what they're for or how to correctly do the more subtle stuff.

Yeah, I wouldn't exactly ape them, but if you pay close attention to their roles you can start to see why they do things. Try watching the Astralis player Xyp9x's POV at the major. He's famous for being a support player who plays really smart fundamentals. His clutches are especially brilliant in how he isolates 1v1 fights when surrounded.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Watch the adren CSGO pro tips and also watch his stream when he plays with mythic

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Luna Was Here posted:

Watch the adren CSGO pro tips and also watch his stream when he plays with mythic

I've been watching fl0m's stream but I'll check his out too.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Unbound posted:

Famethrowa posted:

lmfao it's all clear now

<:mad:>

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

AIDS gives me all the competitive edge I need.

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:
The best part of ibp getting unbanned by ESL is finding out how much dazed and steel hate each other.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
I could use a counter-strike:global offensive mentor if anyone wants to help me. Once upon a time I was a 1.6 pro, but something about CS:GO I can't figure out.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Jamuraan posted:

I could use a counter-strike:global offensive mentor if anyone wants to help me. Once upon a time I was a 1.6 pro, but something about CS:GO I can't figure out.

Read this aloud 10 times, and then follow the sagely words of advice contained within, only then, will you become true CSGOZEN

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, RIDDICK. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME NECRO BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXYS MOST DANGEROUS PRISON. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Jamuraan posted:

This was me 2 years ago and now I'm good again after ranking into GN2 so there's hope. It definitely felt weird at first but it will come back.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Remember to go for frag video plays only or ur a wuss

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Garfu posted:

This was me 2 years ago and now I'm good again after ranking into GN2 so there's hope. It definitely felt weird at first but it will come back.

Bad for you is GN2. I wonder where Jamuraan is. I'm happy to be your mentor, add me, I'm Stanley M. Weed.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Jamuraan posted:

Goon. Man.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

imma make a frag montage from my MM games eventually but the background music is just gonna be yakety-sax because im getting like 3 and 4 balls from people who are walking around with their guns aimed at the ground and poo poo

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I haven't really played at all in 6+ months but if you post a demo I can review it, or post some questions I can probably answer them. I can't really mentor you direcly though a) because I'm EU, and b) I'm probably garbo in practice right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Here's a pro play you should try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXfed9vqopQ

I planted the bomb and died, my team, they did not do well.

Edit: Also, make sure you practice recoil control https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Mo9-rQVTDA

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jul 26, 2017