Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Cowslips Warren posted:

Goddamnit.

The Faceless Men had no reason to let her go. It might have made sense if they gave her a target and said fine, you kill this ONE person and you're free to go. Go kill the last male Targaryen. Something like that. Nope.

Who says she's not on a secret mission?

e: woah snype

http://imgur.com/a/mfCyy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

COMRADES posted:

I'm not going to bother googling for the quote and I encourage you to take this as a flippant comment regardless but apparently GRRM has said all his characters have no plot armor really except for Arya just because his wife would be super mad at him if she died.

The show would be perfectly fine without her. There's nothing special about her besides the magic bullshit of the "many face god" or whatever. She's just so boring aside from that.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Need a gif of her eating that bread. lol who the hell eats like that? disgusting imo

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I don't disagree; the interesting parts of her for me were always just the perspectives she gave on other stuff going on such as what regular commoners were doing or what the Faceless Men are or watching Jaquen do work at Harrenhal and etc. In the book a couple of her perspective chapters let you see what's going on with the Boltons.

Although in her defense she is kind of supposed to be like Ned's sister in terms of being free willed and not wanting to be a "proper lady" which gives us more perspective on what happened between Rhaegar, Robert, and Lyanna Stark? Dunno how well that comes across in the show really.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Her time working for tywin was cool but everyone in tywins orbit was better for being near him so I dunno why I made this post except to say why have all the good actors died

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

yeah I eat rear end posted:

The show would be perfectly fine without her. There's nothing special about her besides the magic bullshit of the "many face god" or whatever. She's just so boring aside from that.

Coworker told me I was anti-feminism for thinking Arya was boring and her entire storyline was dumb. "Oh the wild noblewoman who breaks down sexual barriers and is awesome!" Because Brienne doesn't exist.

But we know Ned Stark is a few degrees above total brainddead stupid. I mean, poo poo, his loving sister decided to Be Her Own Woman and started a loving war. You think he'd be more careful with his own kid. Then again he didn't seem to care if Bran climbed all over the place or Sansa married a psychopath.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Tywin loving owned

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Would it kill them to start putting cooler armor on characters

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Why did they change the Mountain's armor? The new one looks like poo poo. Also how does that work within the show's logic? Does Cersei play Skyrim dressup with the zombie when she's bored?

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

bloom posted:

Why did they change the Mountain's armor? The new one looks like poo poo. Also how does that work within the show's logic? Does Cersei play Skyrim dressup with the zombie when she's bored?

who even notices things like that

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

ROFLburger posted:

who even notices things like that

tviv

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.

bloom posted:

Does Cersei play Skyrim dressup with the zombie when she's bored?

Yeah? Isn't that why Cersei and the Mountain have matching outfits? cause they look cuter that way? :3:

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
the armor this season SUCKS!!!

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000
the boarding ramps and the giants should team up

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Every loving actor is visibly bored of their character and just going through the motions lol

This season's like atrocious fan fiction and it's great.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

euron 3:16. he is going to make you his bitch

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

facebook jihad posted:

Probably my biggest nerd rage in this show is that apparently the society has been like this for thousands of years. You'd think they'd be evolving like normal societies but no we still have dark age technology and poo poo. I point this out because 'oh we made a big crossbow' is clearly some form of technological marvel, you think with the explosive green stuff guns would be on the way and in 500 years it would be like WWI GoT with machine guns or something which would be cool.

I guess really that's why I can't get into fantasy like this and Star Wars. My autism should allow me to enjoy it but instead my autism makes me hate it. I'd rather watch Game of Trains or something.

Also I'm still kind of annoyed that it appears 'oh a huge load of dragon glass is in dragon stone that no one knew about at all but Samwell found it' is going to be the big plot point that will help the people against the ice guys. Like how am I going to believe no one ever knew about that?

Show bad

china stayed socially stagnant for over a millenium before

and in the show poo poo like that green fire depended on magic and all the magic went to sleep

magic kind of rules poo poo and the one place that was supposed to have fancy technology 1000s of years ago got killed by a meteor or something

also with the decade long winters people probably focus on survival more than anything else

poo poo after the revolution they didnt even change the government at all

same fuckers in charge as before, new king same as the old king incest and all

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Man living in Westeros would suck balls

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

facebook jihad posted:

Man living in Westeros would suck balls

not for me, im a real nigga

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

how come nobody smokes weed on this loving stupid show

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

why hasnt GoT society evolved into end-of-history capitalism where everything is awesome

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

FuhrerHat posted:

:thunk:

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

extra stout posted:

who remembers the part of tonights episode where they literally read a tumblr quote about pronouns as dialogue

if the guy with 200 rape fantasies actually wrote that in his books 20 years ago color me surprised and wrong

If someone said that on tumblr, that a non-gender term would be translated as "prince or princess", they'd be piled on for queer or trans or non-binary erasure.

DOA
Nov 17, 2016
i watched the 5-6 first episodes of this show, but it was boring as poo poo so i stopped watching..

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ROFLburger posted:

Tywin loving owned

replace daenarys with charles dance in a platinum blonde wig

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I hate this stupid fukken show

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

DOA posted:

i watched the 5-6 first episodes of this show, but it was boring as poo poo so i stopped watching..

wish i would have thought of this. spoilers: the show fucken sucks

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I hope a giant steps on some more people

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

DOA posted:

First few seasons actually owned. it only grew to be truly terrible over time

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

giants came back to life specifically to step on ppl.

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I don't understand how Urine was able to build so many awesome ships so quickly in a poor 'kingdom' with seemingly so few resources.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

proof of concept posted:

yeah now we talkin!

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

FuhrerHat posted:

If they did I assume they would have machine guns now

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

I don't understand how Urine was able to build so many awesome ships so quickly in a poor 'kingdom' with seemingly so few resources.

It's his special ability. He can call upon it once a day.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

proof of concept posted:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

i hope missandei sits on my face

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

Don't you remember like 3 episodes he said he wanted his boys to build him the largest fleet that the world has ever seen, and he wanted it pronto

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Need a gif of her eating that bread. lol who the hell eats like that? disgusting imo

somebody told me that the dude that stabbed deadwife in her pregnant stomach during the red wedding did it like a kid trying to eat too-frozen ice cream

Blue Raider fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jul 25, 2017

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

ArmZ posted:

i hope missandei sits on my face

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I still have the hots for Melisandre