Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

i'm not a doctor but to me, trying to cure a dude by taking 40% of his skin off in a dirty medieval dungeon seems somewhat optimistic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Minorkos posted:

i'm not a doctor but to me, trying to cure a dude by taking 40% of his skin off in a dirty medieval dungeon seems somewhat optimistic

youre right, youre not a doctor

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

wait so the way to cure the incurable disease is to literally just remove the infected tissue? And nobody but one other guy has ever tried to do this? If I was infected with this poo poo on my arm the first thing I'd try would be to carve it out

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

So when do we get to the episode where dany shits in a field i wanna see that.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

UnfurledSails posted:

wait so the way to cure the incurable disease is to literally just remove the infected tissue? And nobody but one other guy has ever tried to do this? If I was infected with this poo poo on my arm the first thing I'd try would be to carve it out

And no one ever knew there was a bunch of dragon glass underneath dragonstone

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

UnfurledSails posted:

Ya but if you touch it, you get infected. And presumably most regular people without plot armor don't survive having their skin torn off in chunks all that often.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Do you guys just step out of a moving car to make sure the scenery is ok? KEEP THE NARRATIVE TRAIN A-CHUGGIN'!

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Colonel Cancer posted:

Ya but if you touch it, you get infected. And presumably most regular people without plot armor don't survive having their skin torn off in chunks all that often.

Wear some goddam gloves and a long sleeve shirt then

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
The fat is armor enough.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

facebook jihad posted:

Wear some goddam gloves and a long sleeve shirt then

he did?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Game if thrones the tv show is good

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
How the gently caress has no one killed Littlefinger yet?

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Victarion Greyjoy was the only cool one and he had a priest set his hand on fire to be that much more rad. He had the axe and heavy armor on a ship thing too :black101:

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Dely Apple posted:

Victarion Greyjoy was the only cool one and he had a priest set his hand on fire to be that much more rad. He had the axe and heavy armor on a ship thing too :black101:

victarion was one of the two good things about books 4 and 5. naturally they cut him and the other one (fat cersei)

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

the titties were top tier this episode

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

SickZip posted:

victarion was one of the two good things about books 4 and 5. naturally they cut him and the other one (fat cersei)

Strong Belwas is strong and cooland my friend.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i rue the loss of victarion

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
victarion was retarded and i'm glad he's gone

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

getting rid of belwas was an act of strongfat erasure. it was violence against my kind.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i hope someone gets stabbed in the rear end in a top hat and is all OY ME BUM BLEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

UnfurledSails posted:

In the book it usually starts spreading from an extremity (usually fingers or toes) and people will cut off the infected body part in hopes that it won't spread. Sometimes that works, sometimes it spreads anyway and you're cutting off more and more.

Jorah would be hosed though iirc by the time it gets to your torso there's no stopping it.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
not 1 tit. unscubcribed

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

COMRADES posted:

In the book it usually starts spreading from an extremity (usually fingers or toes) and people will cut off the infected body part in hopes that it won't spread. Sometimes that works, sometimes it spreads anyway and you're cutting off more and more.

Jorah would be hosed though iirc by the time it gets to your torso there's no stopping it.

No I mean just carve the infected tissue out. That's what Sam says he needs to do. Not "I will remove the infected tissue then give you this obscure potion" or whatever. Just remove the infection with a knife. You don't even need to chop off any fingers. I thought it altered your insides as well but turns out it's essentially a fantasy breakout and all you need is hardcore exfoliation

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

DrPlump posted:

1 giant crossbow
3 dragons

dont think it will work

I would hope they would build a couple dozen but who knows

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Nah he says he needs to cut it off then apply the medicine. I agree the show is bad and gets worse every season but drat try to pay some attention if you gonna be all tv iv about it

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Also this show likes to waste opportunities to showcase characters. We don't see Sam figure out how to help Jorah. Have him read the failed experiments of a dude and figure out a way to improve on them via something he learned in the Night's Watch or something. Bam now you have tension since he has to do this unproven treatment and we don't know how well it'll work. Don't just go "Oh I found a method that has worked before twice and all I need to do is to cover myself up so that I catch it"

By the way how did the guy who successfully treated the advanced version of a disease then went and loving died of the same disease?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

UnfurledSails posted:

No I mean just carve the infected tissue out. That's what Sam says he needs to do. Not "I will remove the infected tissue then give you this obscure potion" or whatever. Just remove the infection with a knife. You don't even need to chop off any fingers. I thought it altered your insides as well but turns out it's essentially a fantasy breakout and all you need is hardcore exfoliation

He hasn't completed the treatment yet idiot.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

if you dont understand how the cure works read the spoilers.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wait so the fat guys cum is the cure for gay scale?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Bur jorah was gonna get booted out of the tower a day later. So the cure Sam tries will be instantaneous because gently caress trying to figure out how time flows in the series. One day for Jorah is a week by boat for the sand snakes or an hour for cersei and Jaime or a month for Jon.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

Bur jorah was gonna get booted out of the tower a day later. So the cure Sam tries will be instantaneous because gently caress trying to figure out how time flows in the series. One day for Jorah is a week by boat for the sand snakes or an hour for cersei and Jaime or a month for Jon.

you should post things like this in tviv with other like minded people.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Hell Yeah posted:

if you dont understand how the cure works read the spoilers.

Post them.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

DrPlump posted:

Wait so the fat guys cum is the cure for gay scale?

No the cum goes into soup which is then used as a cure for gay scale. Important step.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Sam clearly had a cart with weird goop in a bowl and obviously he's gonna apply that to the skin after he cuts away the scales. I get that Sam didn't explicitely say "oy Jorah, I'm gonna put a medicine on you when I'm done" but like, open your eyes when you watch a show and visually scan the screen.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
He did say that. He literally said we need to cut off the greyscale and then apply an ointment.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

actually he did explicitly say that

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

bag em and tag em posted:

Sam clearly had a cart with weird goop in a bowl and obviously he's gonna apply that to the skin after he cuts away the scales. I get that Sam didn't explicitely say "oy Jorah, I'm gonna put a medicine on you when I'm done" but like, open your eyes when you watch a show and visually scan the screen.

He did mention the ointment I think, but I just assumed that was more to prevent other infections on the raw skin/flesh.

In any case, I thought it was pretty lame how the fat guy had to look it up in some obscure text and we find out that it's a forbidden cure and it ends up just being...hack the poo poo off. Wouldn't that be the very first thing anyone would think of? Yeah you might get infected but only if you're an idiot and cut your gloves or something.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Well, he didn't say it with enough delivery and skill to make me look up from my game of Hearthstone. Ugh, why can't this show be good anymore?! They never explain anything!

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
I hope the zombie giants step on people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

HoAssHo posted:

He did say that. He literally said we need to cut off the greyscale and then apply an ointment.

But is the ointment his cum?
This is important.