Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

simosimo posted:

Actual. The game relies on the slower framerate as that's how the moves are animated. You can set the game speed to 500% to get more frames, but it's wrestling on crack (way to fast to be playable)

hahaha holy poo poo mdickie is bad

The Kins posted:

SUDA51 story

Suda51 is extremely good and I'm excited to see his No More Heroes Wrestler Game for Switch. I hope they let him do the ultimate homage and have an ending where Travis commits seppuku.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Good Listener posted:

This is an important q regarding new Fire Pro. Can the wrestlers still knock themselves out while hitting a move on their opponent like dummies? Is there the looming threat you char might kick out of a pin and KO himself? New Legacy's Brawferaw tournament from like 2 years ago had some good instances of that and I was wondering if the new one still has this happen sometimes.

Was it a match in the Octagon like arena? That just comes from the UFC rules the game is programmed with & exhaustion in it. That wouldn't happen in the normal matches like that

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

DLC Inc posted:

Suda51 is extremely good and I'm excited to see his No More Heroes Wrestler Game for Switch. I hope they let him do the ultimate homage and have an ending where Travis commits seppuku.

I don't really like Suda but Travis Touchdown is the greatest name for a main character in any videogame ever.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
If anybody's stupidly trying to complete mission mode instead of using the save file to unlock everything, the package piledriver gets unlocked at mission 46.

And I won the 3-on-1 mission by critical'ing Mr. Cobra with a Moonsault Elbow Drop, which was awesome. It's unexpected things like that which makes Fire Pro so much fun.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Ugh, Fire Pro won’t open on my computer. Just open to the spinning progress wheel and the end process window. Reinstalling and removing some workshop content hasn’t worked.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?

Nut Bunnies posted:

Ugh, Fire Pro won’t open on my computer. Just open to the spinning progress wheel and the end process window. Reinstalling and removing some workshop content hasn’t worked.

This happened to me once before and weirdly, restarting Steam fixed it for me. No idea if it was just my specific car or what though.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Yeah Steam was acting up for me as well.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1089122300

Jerry Manhusky of GCW infamy is now available on FPW. I played around with his logic but he isn't quite as molesty as I had hoped based on one CPU match, so consider it a WIP!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Nut Bunnies posted:

i had this issue and just had to reverify the game through steam

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

KungFu Grip posted:

Was it a match in the Octagon like arena? That just comes from the UFC rules the game is programmed with & exhaustion in it. That wouldn't happen in the normal matches like that

I believe so, it was the Brawl for All after all. It's equal parts a shame and good if it's taken out though.Good because man that's silly an a shame because...man that's silly.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Director is doing another Twitch stream on Fire Pro.

https://twitter.com/sc_prowrestling...690367506882560

Also take this with a grain of salt.

Carlzilla, the guy that's been digging in the game's code posted:

S-1 is in the game. I've played it. It's the same as it was in FPR, I'm sure it's coming, as the only thing missing is a menu button.

Logos and custom colors in ring edit are coming. The ring has two sections for logos: mat and apron. I've used the paint tool, it allows for pixel by pixel and importing of PNG image files (maybe others too, I only tried a PNG).

I can't answer the others...but that should help unclog the chat and make the questions that you do ask more poignant.

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Jul 25, 2017

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Ugh .png import, I am so happy. Nice to have apron support too! Hello our new Bible of wrestling games.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Call Me Charlie posted:

Also take this with a grain of salt.

S-1 is K1 rules, right? So what is the non-Gruesome fighters mode supposed to be then, Pancrase?

Also, it'd be nice if we could do multi-way gimmick matches tbh. We can do team vs. team but I don't see why we can't do a four-way cage match or a six-way barbed wire match.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

beggar posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1089122300

Jerry Manhusky of GCW infamy is now available on FPW. I played around with his logic but he isn't quite as molesty as I had hoped based on one CPU match, so consider it a WIP!

:tipshat::hf::butt:

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Reverifying and rebooting/restating haven’t worked. Trying to troubleshoot with them over email now.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Nut Bunnies posted:

Reverifying and rebooting/restating haven’t worked. Trying to troubleshoot with them over email now.

Is this through steam's support or through some sort of spike-chunsoft support? Just curious

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

C. Everett Koop posted:

S-1 is K1 rules, right? So what is the non-Gruesome fighters mode supposed to be then, Pancrase?

Also, it'd be nice if we could do multi-way gimmick matches tbh. We can do team vs. team but I don't see why we can't do a four-way cage match or a six-way barbed wire match.

Yeah, SWA rules is the "shoot-style" ruleset, though you can modify it to be more-or-less PRIDE rules.

Also, agreed.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I get confused as a fan of puro of the differneces between UWF and Pancrase and all that. And how that relates to game modes in this. And i am a pretty big fan! I have no idea what the non fan thinks.

Also I wanna give a shoutout to who ever made the Jon Jones that always eye pokes people :golfclap:

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

In FPW, is there a way to random select multiple times? Every time I press it again it doesn't actually randomise, just keeps the same selections

I like random battle royals..

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/sc_prowrestling/status/890086832553304066

C. Everett Koop posted:

Agreed. I'd also like to see some freakshow stuff like multiman gruesome matches. It'd be pretty fun if you could put three lucha guys against one MMA legend or do a team match where it becomes a 2-on-1 once somebody gets knocked out/taps.

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began

Artelier posted:

In FPW, is there a way to random select multiple times? Every time I press it again it doesn't actually randomise, just keeps the same selections

I like random battle royals..

Bug report it

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I'm wanting to make a "hardcore" belt but I'm not sure what the Match Rules for it should be. Like the basics should just be "no DQs, countouts, falls count anywhere" but not sure how to get to that.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
please suggest they make a skeleton costume so we can make our favorite skeleton wrestlers

tia

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Boco_T posted:

please suggest they make a skeleton costume so we can make our favorite skeleton wrestlers

tia

Hell yeah

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Is there a save file for FPWW that's like 49/50 missions? I don't know why I care, but I'm tired of doing the missions but also don't want to get permanently locked out of getting that achievement.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Apropos of very little, but I just got through watching the end of newlegacy's season mode with DDP in Shut Your Mouth, and it's amazing how 2K17 is such a slow, clunky, unfun pile of poo poo by comparison 15 years later.

I need to see if I can find that or HCTP at Disc Replay, since my copies are long gone.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

tzirean posted:

Is there a save file for FPWW that's like 49/50 missions? I don't know why I care, but I'm tired of doing the missions but also don't want to get permanently locked out of getting that achievement.

If you don't care enough to do them yourself, just use http://gib.me/sam/

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
Might I recommend: https://github.com/kactusken/firesave

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
the spike_chun twitch is up

https://www.twitch.tv/spike_chunsoft

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Kyle just said that a patch is going out tomorrow. So that's cool.

Notes from the stream:

- They're talking about redoing the UI since they rushed it with their small team to get it ready in time.
- Resolution options are coming soon.
- They really have no budget and a tiny team. Like one thing they're frustrated with is slow loading on wrestling select screen. That's due to it reading all the data and constructing the wrestler right there.
- 10 people on the team. Everybody's focused on bug fixes at the moment.

To the list:
- Adding ladders and tables. Free standing table = incredibly difficult to do. Move animation much more likely. Ladders not actually addressed by director or Kyle.
- More post match options. Super interesting but they want to do a mode that takes better use of that stage direction. That's what they're looking into.
- Asymmetrical edits. Director wants to do it but the character doesn't have a left or right side so it'd be extremely difficult to implement. No due to the budget. Not a top priority unless they sell a million copies overnight. lol
- Stance on mods. They haven't thought about it. But if you want to get under the hood, go for it. They can't be hands on at the moment with modders.
- Skirts as attire Very difficult to do. 2D doesn't work. Polygons are possible but it still doesn't look right. But people really want it so they're still trying.
- Glasses They're working on it.
- More fantasy parts like anime heads Very possible.
- Joshi They want to add more female parts and female stances. Long hair, past shoulders, has the same issue as skirts. You'd need two parts and they don't connect well.
- More Parts Filters It's coming.
- More selling on moves They like the idea of people selling moves more and the director is thinking how to implement it.
- Story Mode Director talked forever. Story mode is a biggest request. Two ways they can proceed. One would be a straight scenario mode but, if they go that route, they could only use the default fake wrestlers. The second way would be to give you a toolbox to make your own story mode. If they go the second way, it'd be much further down the line. If they go the first route, Sudo51 could come back to write a new scenario but again that'd be way down the road.
- GM/Promoter Mode :siren: They are adding a promotion mode. :siren: Inspired by the GBA version. That would be the base. They want to build off that. They haven't actually started work on it yet so it's coming to be much further down the line.
- Custom MP3s Both entrances and in game. Early/Mid August. They can maybe add custom mp3 support in menus down the line.
- Working with real life promotions No unless promotions comes to them.
- The problem with weak submissions ending a match They don't want to mess with the core gameplay of Fire Pro. So set your CPU logic to not use weak submissions, that way a match won't end on them.
- Entrance gown and belts Gowns, tricky like skirts and long hair. They could create an asset to drape them only when entering. In match, not really possible. Entrance belts. Wearing the belts or draped over the shoulder, very difficult. They could let you carry it in your hand or use it as a weapon in match.
- Pre-match attacks Very difficult. They're thinking about it but it probably isn't happening.
- Merchandise They licensed it out to a different company/store. So they're working with that company on possibly offering international shipping but no promises.
- Gradients If they wanted to create that in World, they'd have to make it it's own part. It'd be more difficult than making Story Mode or GM Mode so it's not happening. Sorry.
- Transparency on layers Much more possible. They'll look into it.

Without director:
- Kickstarter and Patreon Doesn't work. Kickstarter is more trouble than it's worth. Same with Patreon.
- Paid DLC Possible if they sell enough base copies of the game.
- Mac/Linux port No. Japanese developers aren't use to working with them. They're just focused on PC.
- New moves It's really hard to track new move requests since they're sprinkled everywhere. Thread at FPWArena is the best since they have youtube links and a master list. That way Kyle can just show Director what they want.
- CPU Logic New players don't really get it. Great guides on the internet on how to use it. Adding anything is a massive amount of work. Kyle's pressing him for new entries but...
- Heads Kyle would like it where you select a head and than select a color instead of having 4 separate heads listed but...
- Kyle and requests He's working on other projects so it's difficult to keep up on all the requests.
- Tweaks are easier for him to pitch than new modes.
- Default wrestlers Developers just came up with them. They asked Kyle to check the names to see if they were appropriate but he left them as is since they were so Fire Pro. lol
- Roadmap The developers have a basic idea on what they plan to do. He will see what he can find out. Once he has a better idea on what direction they're moving, he'll share it with us.
- Early Access length It depends. This is the soft launch to get it ready for PS4 launch. PC gaming is not big in Japan. They want to move onto the console release. So it will be a reasonable timeline.

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Jul 27, 2017

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I wanna see Sasha Banks vs Frank Reynolds and/or Bob Ross

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

This worked, thank you!

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
i'm glad someone asked about glasses but i wish they had an update on skeleton wrestlers

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Boco_T posted:

i'm glad someone asked about glasses but i wish they had an update on skeleton wrestlers

Nobody asked. Kyle was reading off a list they had. Director had to leave after a hour.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

drat yo, I want both forms of story mode. Also Promoter mode in Final Fire Pro was the best, glad that's on the table.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Call Me Charlie posted:

Notes from the stream:
- They're talking about redoing the UI since they rushed it with their small team to get it ready in time.

To the list:
- More Parts Filters It's coming.

As someone who's been diving into the deep end of edits and being driven progressively insane by the redundancies of the UI and the inability to quickly name/traitsearch for the parts I want, these would be godsends.

quote:

- Story Mode Director talked forever. Story mode is a biggest request. Two ways. One of would be a straight scenario mode but they could only use the default fake wrestlers. Second way to be to give you a toolbox to make your own story mode. If they go the second way, it'd be much further down the line. If they go the first route, Sudo51 could come back to write a new scenario but again that'd be way down the road.
- GM/Promoter Mode :siren: They are adding a promotion mode. :siren: Inspired by the GBA version. That would be the base. They want to build off that. They haven't actually started work on it yet so it's coming to be much further down the line.

Oh, god, please. Please give me both a harshly-rated promoter mode and a new suda51 story where Dick Slender gets his revenge on the wrestling world by beating people to death with a tire iron.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'm really surprised and excited they mentioned Suda51, that's genuinely awesome. I'm glad the devs are so open about the game's production and about what they can and can't do in this engine. I'm also glad they know the biggest issue is the slow loading of wrestlers--I hope it's possible for them to remedy that because it truly is a frustrating thing that permeates through anything done in the menu. It's sad that people really wanted tables/ladders but I doubt either one would be simple to implement in an isometric 2D game. Either way, I'm grateful that such a tiny team has such a great dedication to the fans and that they've been able to get this far. I'm really looking forward to them supporting this for what I imagine will be years to come.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Seth Rollins on the cover surrounded by a metric fuckton of Cena poo poo lol

FirePro team confirmed via Twitter that custom mp3 support will be coming in mid-August.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

DLC Inc posted:

Seth Rollins on the cover surrounded by a metric fuckton of Cena (Nuff) poo poo lol

FirePro team confirmed via Twitter that custom mp3 support will be coming in mid-August.