Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Sweet, Aphex Twin is doing the new Sonic soundtrack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Spiderdrake posted:

Up for debate if CastleMania counts as a seventh though a lot of the wikis are counting it as such.

CastleMania's song better be called Robot Killer and be a sweet take on Vampire Killer.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Can't wait for the secret remix level Genocide City.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

They said there were 6 old levels and 4 new ones, right? It's probably gonna be one from 1 (GHZ), CD (SS), 2 (CPZ), 3 (???), K (FBZ), and 4 (lol)

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Heaven Spacey posted:

They said there were 6 old levels and 4 new ones, right?

whered they say that

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Heaven Spacey posted:

They said there were 6 old levels and 4 new ones, right? It's probably gonna be one from 1 (GHZ), CD (SS), 2 (CPZ), 3 (???), K (FBZ), and 4 (lol)

they've never said how many old and new ones exactly

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

XavierGenisi posted:

they've never said how many old and new ones exactly

Ah ok, I was just going on what I remembered reading someone in the thread say.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Gotta die fast

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

i cant decide which is more hilarious

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

"Remember me, Eggman?! When I destroyed your Death Egg, I talked JUST, LIKE, THIIIIIIIIIIIIS!!!!!!!!"

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Heaven Spacey posted:

They said 60:40 old to new and comparable in length to S3K.

There definitely won't be an S4 level. They'd have to rebuilt it to pixel art, and why bother?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

The Awesomesaurus posted:

"Remember me, Eggman?! When I destroyed your Death Egg, I talked JUST, LIKE, THIIIIIIIIIIIIS!!!!!!!!"

Hey look, he finished it already!

https://twitter.com/marcoscrislop/status/889639027867086848

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I said it was 10 levels based on earlier interviews way way back in the thread, though I also said I would be happy to be wrong. It now sounds pretty solidly like 12, with 4:8 since I assume the last level will be Genocide City something new.

MikeJF posted:

There definitely won't be an S4 level. They'd have to rebuilt it to pixel art, and why bother?
They rebuilt nearly everything anyway. This is not a sprite rip game.

I don't feel like anyone is going to willingly acknowledge that game, though. And what would you even remix from s4? Sonic 1 rip off levels or Sonic 2 rip off levels?

Maybe they'll add a Sonic 4 mode where the entire game runs through a bitmap compression filter.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
However many zones are in the game total, I'd like to think there'll be at least six new ones since six zones is about the length of your standard classic Sonic game anyway. That'd probably satisfy all the people who were hoping for all-new areas.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

CJacobs posted:

Gotta die fast

Well, I guess that's one explanation for Sonic 4.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Why are they drawing Sonic wearing clothes?

Clothes only slow him down.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spiderdrake posted:

Maybe they'll add a Sonic 4 mode where the entire game runs through a bitmap compression filter.

Just gotta write a shader that preserves some of the edges and blurs everything inside the sprite to oblivion and there you have it.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

So that why I'm seeing this in Splatoon 2

https://twitter.com/OmeteotI/status/889709924820828160

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Six new zones would fit with six hard boiled heavies. Then maybe six remixes for 12 total?

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

ImpAtom posted:

We had that already.

That isn't Nazo...

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I saw this on a wall during a ranked battle and lost my poo poo.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

HMS Beagle posted:

Six new zones would fit with six hard boiled heavies. Then maybe six remixes for 12 total?

The ratio was said to be 60/40 in favor of remixed zones, and it's about as long as Sonic 3&K. So maybe 7 classic zones and 5 new ones? There's only 5 heavies, right?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

There are either 5 or 6 heavies, it looks more like 6 but might be 5.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Having very powerful thoughts about Sonic today

21 days remain

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The story about how the Mania name came about was cool. I think the SDCC panel is worth a watch even if you already know the main things that came up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K6hU14wero

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Beasteh posted:

Having very powerful thoughts about Sonic today

21 days remain

Scootin' and rootin', I'm pumped for some Sonic. Will be excellent!

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Evil Eagle posted:

The story about how the Mania name came about was cool. I think the SDCC panel is worth a watch even if you already know the main things that came up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K6hU14wero

Tee Lopes has the best worst best dad.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Hey all I'm having an absolutely fantastic today and just got back from a run that I had an absolute blast on :D What are some epic sonic shirts you guys have? I want to buy a new one. And also just pass on my good vibes to my sonic friends.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

beep by grandpa posted:

Hey all I'm having an absolutely fantastic today and just got back from a run that I had an absolute blast on :D What are some epic sonic shirts you guys have? I want to buy a new one. And also just pass on my good vibes to my sonic friends.

No shirts but I owned a pair of Sonic sneakers back when I was 5. Not sure if it was this one but looked very much like it.

BONUS I also loved this lil car
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pCV6QemWvE

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

beep by grandpa posted:

I just paint myself blue and stomp on roombas

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

beep by grandpa posted:

i got the 25th anniversary fangamer one from the humble bundle that was up last year

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I've been pumping myself up for Sonic by watching a video of super transformations. Adventure 1 and 2, Advance 2, Rush and Heroes have the best ones, they're so god drat good in different ways.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

I went as Eggman for Halloween in either 2009 or 2010. It was a dope costume. A couple years later I went as "lovely Sonic” by wearing jeans, red sneakers, cutting the arms off a blue t shirt and cutting a circle in the front for my gut to hang out and spiking my hair and spraying it blue.

That's better than a Sonic shirt imo. (I also have a Sonic shirt. Also my bff/girl I love got me a Sonic tote bag first time I came to visit her.)

((I also have an Eggman pin on my favorite hat))

Edited for pics:

Robotnik Nudes fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jul 26, 2017

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Rush has the best super sonic boss battle music, and that's really very difficult for me to say now that I'm typing it out

Robotnik Nudes posted:

I went as Eggman for Halloween in either 2009 or 2010. It was a dope costume. A couple years later I went as "lovely Sonic” by wearing jeans, red sneakers, cutting the arms off a blue t shirt and cutting a circle in the front for my gut to hang out and spiking my hair and spraying it blue.

That's better than a Sonic shirt imo. (I also have a Sonic shirt. Also my bff/girl I love got me a Sonic tote bag first time I came to visit her.)

((I also have an Eggman pin on my favorite hat))

Edited for pics:

Is that person wearing black face?

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Zelder posted:

Rush has the best super sonic boss battle music, and that's really very difficult for me to say now that I'm typing it out

Is that person wearing black face?

Not intentionally.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I snagged Robotnik as my callsign the last time I was overseas. I actually got used to people calling me that

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

I played some Sonic Generations tonight and it is actually pretty good! I was surprised to see Sky Sanctuary zone, that's a fairly obscure choice. Good music and I enjoy the humor. I chuckled when Tails said he didn't remember the zone from Sonic 1.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

On Sunday we were just killing time waiting for the WWE pay per view so I put on some Cybershell videos to show my pals why I'm so excited for Sonic Mania. They had never heard of Sonic 4 before. One of them kept saying that it actually looked pretty good and that Cybershell was an AVGN knock off. I couldn't believe it. He's a huge Mega Man X fan so I showed him the Mega Man X ios remake in comparison, so he'd understand, but then he said that looked alright too. What the fuuuuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

gotta go fats