Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Weirdo posted:

The Medieval Demons kickstarter is wrapping up with two days left, and are £400 short of unlocking Buer, the lion wheel, aka one of the better demons from history books.

Bought Buer. Happy to toss £9 at the chance to have a unique miniature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Got my copy of Tiny Epic Quest today. Components look solid and the box is stuffed with stuff.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Rad Valtar posted:

Got my copy of Tiny Epic Quest today. Components look solid and the box is stuffed with stuff.
Yeah, it's really top-notch. Those ItemMeeples are exactly as cool as they looked in the campaign. Just playing dress-up with them and sticking all the items on the included rack is a fun toy in itself. Here's hoping they can find a use for that component system in other games.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Just backed: Parsely Games: ACTION CASTLE plus 11 more games

Parsely games are like a party game meets an RPG text adventure. They are a hoot, happy to have them all collected in a single volume.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jsorensen/parsely-games-featuring-action-castle-and-other-ad?ref=profile_backed

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

djfooboo posted:

Parsely games are like a party game meets an RPG text adventure. They are a hoot, happy to have them all collected in a single volume.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jsorensen/parsely-games-featuring-action-castle-and-other-ad?ref=profile_backed

I've already got em all from way back when, so I don't need to back, but I will attest that these are good fun and if you haven't played one, you should give it a shot.

jmzero
Jul 24, 2007

djfooboo posted:

Never heard of these, but I'm in - sounds great. Am hoping it doesn't actually take until Dec 2018(?!) to ship though.

VVV: As I have no patience, I went over to RPGNow and grabbed one. I'll try it with the kids tonight, see if these are actually going to work.

jmzero fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jul 25, 2017

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

djfooboo posted:

As a smaller person, I played most or all of Scott Adams' text adventures on a TI-99/4A. Pirate Adventure Scott Adams, not Dilbert Scott Adams. These look fun! December 2018, less so!

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.
I've just launched the kickstarter for Legacy: Life Among the Ruins 2nd Edition!

Three years after this was invented for a design contest on this very board, I've made a new edition with better rules, a vastly expanded book and lovely art. If you're interested in a game that fuses the wide scope of REIGN or Crusader Kings with the vibrant post-apocalypse of Gamma World or Hyper Light Drifter, or if you liked the first edition and want to know how we've made it even better, go check out the kickstarter page!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Flavivirus posted:

I've just launched the kickstarter for Legacy: Life Among the Ruins 2nd Edition!

Three years after this was invented for a design contest on this very board, I've made a new edition with better rules, a vastly expanded book and lovely art. If you're interested in a game that fuses the wide scope of REIGN or Crusader Kings with the vibrant post-apocalypse of Gamma World or Hyper Light Drifter, or if you liked the first edition and want to know how we've made it even better, go check out the kickstarter page!

Backed for the PDF+stretchgoals, I have an idea in mind for a post-apocalyptic setting to try GMing in, and I'm sure Legacy's ruleset will work well with it :)

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Flavivirus posted:

LOL, I was just coming here to ask if this game was any good, I didn't know the author was on the board.

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

LOL, I was just coming here to ask if this game was any good, I didn't know the author was on the board.

Well, I'm a fan of the game at least :D

If you've got questions about the game I'm happy to answer them, or you can check out the quickstart or my playtest session recordings.

Flavivirus fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jul 25, 2017

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Sold. Legacy's concept is aimed so squarely at me and my interests I'm surprised I can't find a red dot anywhere.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

The previous version of Legacy was good so I expect this one to be more gooder.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Flavivirus posted:

Three years after this was invented for a design contest on this very board

This warms the gently caress out of my heart cockles. We should do some more contests and create 2020's hit games :3:

Doodmons
Jan 17, 2009

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1296045252/spellbound-kingdoms-arcana?ref=nav_search

The sourcebook for Trad Games favourite Spellbound Kingdoms has just launched on Kickstarter. It even has a quote from me from this very forum as a marketing blurb, for some reason :getin: It looks pretty loving rad and you can get the author's 7 year old daughter's crayon drawings as a backer reward. Frank Brunner is a stand-up dude and this game is loving awesome - and you can get the original corebook for cheap as part of the KS so if you've been considering whether to get into this game or not now is a really good time.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
hell yea I came in here to post the link to spellbound kingdoms: arcana. This games rules and this sourcebook will also rule.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Probably a dumb question, but with Gen Con looming, would it be smarter to add a copy of the Fragged Empires Core Rulebook via the pledge manager for the Kickstarter, or is it something that would be readily available at Gen Con somewhere?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

The creator of Fragged Empire lives in Australia, so odds are any books there will be through a retailer rather than him.

Doodmons
Jan 17, 2009

Agrias120 posted:

Probably a dumb question, but with Gen Con looming, would it be smarter to add a copy of the Fragged Empires Core Rulebook via the pledge manager for the Kickstarter, or is it something that would be readily available at Gen Con somewhere?

I didn't get the option to add any physical books to my pledge with the Backerkit, which I thought was really weird.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Welp. That 65 tier is tempting.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Fragged Empires might be available through Indie Press Revolution at GenCon. They had it at Origins but it was selling really well and who knows if they can restock, so YMMV.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Flavivirus posted:

Question!
Is there a quick-changes guide by any chance? We're thinking about starting a game of Legacy, but ideally I'd like to learn the system with what's about to be the new edition. I'm sure there's a lot of extra things added, but is there any sort of idea of what house rules have been adopted, or necessary clarifications we should keep in mind?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Doodmons posted:

I didn't get the option to add any physical books to my pledge with the Backerkit, which I thought was really weird.

Yeah, for some reason the BackerKit is set up to only let you add on physical books if your pledge level is high enough to get one to begin with. You can change your pledge level in the kit, though.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Fragged Empires might be available through Indie Press Revolution at GenCon. They had it at Origins but it was selling really well and who knows if they can restock, so YMMV.

IPR has a web store, which is how I got it, but that was months ago. I guess keep checking this to see if more show up http://www.indiepressrevolution.com/xcart/product.php?productid=20239&page=1

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

Signal posted:

Question!
Is there a quick-changes guide by any chance? We're thinking about starting a game of Legacy, but ideally I'd like to learn the system with what's about to be the new edition. I'm sure there's a lot of extra things added, but is there any sort of idea of what house rules have been adopted, or necessary clarifications we should keep in mind?

The quickstart has most (though not all) of the new mechanics! Alternatively, the rules draft that all backers get in Update #1 starts with a breakdown of what's new or changed, and I'm currently laying out the new playbooks so people can get playing.

Also we've funded! Crossed the line 23 hours and 55 minutes in, which was pretty tense for me :D

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Flavivirus posted:

The quickstart has most (though not all) of the new mechanics! Alternatively, the rules draft that all backers get in Update #1 starts with a breakdown of what's new or changed, and I'm currently laying out the new playbooks so people can get playing.

Also we've funded! Crossed the line 23 hours and 55 minutes in, which was pretty tense for me :D

Wonderful, thank you!

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Thanks for the responses, everyone. I'll just toss it on my backerkit order instead of missing out and it maybe not showing up from a vendor at Gen Con (plus, I'd rather give the money directly to the creator). Looks like the backerkit isn't getting closed down for a while yet, anyway.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Burger Time: The Card Game is a card game adaptation of the 1982 arcade game BurgerTime.

It's artwork is... questionable.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

One of the rewards you get is a "personalized email" from the creators.

Uh...thanks?

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Evil Mastermind posted:

One of the rewards you get is a "personalized email" from the creators.

Uh...thanks?

Hey, [delivery_address_first_name]! Thanks for backing Burger Time. I bet it doesn't quite compare to how they make burgers in [delivery_address_city], let alone [delivery_address_country], but we hope you enjoy this blast from the past in tabletop form.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
OniiChan Games, huh? :raise:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Stonehaven have their next project up, a variety of common and not so common heroic subjects in 28mm

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Doodmons posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1296045252/spellbound-kingdoms-arcana?ref=nav_search

The sourcebook for Trad Games favourite Spellbound Kingdoms has just launched on Kickstarter. It even has a quote from me from this very forum as a marketing blurb, for some reason :getin: It looks pretty loving rad and you can get the author's 7 year old daughter's crayon drawings as a backer reward. Frank Brunner is a stand-up dude and this game is loving awesome - and you can get the original corebook for cheap as part of the KS so if you've been considering whether to get into this game or not now is a really good time.

Anyone who is the dark about this should take a look at the great Fatal and Friends review Nifara did of the core game.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mors Rattus posted:

Welp. That 65 tier is tempting.

I'm weak for dumb lore bullshit

e: especially in this game. There's not a ton of games where I'd be sure that 'give me more money for a fancier PDF with some lore bullshit' would 100% be worth it, but I know for a fact this is.

sexpig by night fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jul 26, 2017

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

Doodmons posted:

Backed so hard

I ran http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/94367/The-Dragon-Scroll--An-Adventure-for-Spellbound-Kingdoms a couple of times at a convention a month ago and it was amazing.

Looking to put together a campaign now...

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Doodmons posted:

I don't know how this soucebook will top a core book that allows me to defeat a dangerous enemy in a stylish duel where we trade verbal barbs until he becomes emotionally fragile enough to perma-kill (he'd be unkillable otherwise), then allows me to erect a colossal statue in memory of the fight that gives me a permanent +1d20 to roll once per social scene, which I can also animate to kill my enemies by pouring emotions I extracted from those around me onto its feet.

... but I'm willing to back this to find out!

Nuns with Guns fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jul 27, 2017

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Nuns with Guns posted:

I don't know how this soucebook will top a core book that allows me to defeat a dangerous enemy in a stylish duel where we trade verbal barbs until he becomes emotionally fragile enough to perma-kill (he'd be unkillable otherwise), then allows me to erect a colossal statue in memory of the fight that gives me a permanent +1d20 to roll once per social scene, which I can also animate to kill my enemies by pouring emotions I extracted from those around me onto its feet.

... but I'm willing to back this to find out!

I like that most of the features are just 'you know that crazy poo poo? More! MORE!!!'

'Did you not have enough fun playing a wandering noble who verbally destroys their foes into actual death? Well how about being a wandering POET that makes poems so loving righteous you can kill a dude?'

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
I hadn't heard of Spellbound Kingdoms before this, or if I had, probably dismissed it as another fantasy heartbreaker, but after reading that F&F I need this in my life.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

sexpig by night posted:

'Did you not have enough fun playing a wandering noble who verbally destroys their foes into actual death? Well how about being a wandering POET that makes poems so loving righteous you can kill a dude?'

Ever since 4e's PHB2 in 2009, this might be the single most played-out trope in roleplaying. I'd rather someone show up with a dual-wielding drow ranger than another "dude who lays down burns so sick the enemy literally dies." At least the ranger might do something novel with their trope.

I'm not making GBS threads on Spellbound Kingdoms, by the way, just being curmudgeonly about that character concept. I haven't read Spellbound Kingdoms yet but it sounds fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I think it speaks to how long the D&D fantasy genre has been stultifyingly boring that people are still excited about that.

(I'm also salty about the people who go WHOAH at Vicious Mockery in 5e as though it's some huge innovation when, as you said, it's been a thing since 2009)

Anyway, I'm excited about Spellbound Kingdoms, but I need to pick up the base book first.