Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.
Followup - I patched to the latest patch and now I found it.

the items are a book, a soul gem on a bed post, and a boot on the stair railing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Dalris Othaine posted:

Followup - I patched to the latest patch and now I found it.

the items are a book, a soul gem on a bed post, and a boot on the stair railing

I found 2 of those 3 but in different places. I ended up completing the quest a different way. Via College of the Whispers

Question about Rigmor of Bruma, I thought I got a letter from her asking me to visit (after the quest completed) but the next (real life) day - no letter, no quest to visit. Did I imagine that or did something bug out somewhere?

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

wormil posted:

I found 2 of those 3 but in different places. I ended up completing the quest a different way. Via College of the Whispers

Question about Rigmor of Bruma, I thought I got a letter from her asking me to visit (after the quest completed) but the next (real life) day - no letter, no quest to visit. Did I imagine that or did something bug out somewhere?

Probably bugged out, that mod glitches to heck if you so much as look at it wrong.

E: Also, two more little things that are driving me crazy about Bruma - the "syn" in "Synod" sounds like "sin", not like "sign". Nobody told the voice actors this though. :argh:

Also, the past tense of "sting" is "stung", not "stang". If I hear one more bandit/necromancer talk about how much my sword "stang", I'm going to resurrect them and then kill them again. :eng99: :black101:

Dalris Othaine fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Jul 22, 2017

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
There was a vowel shift between the third and the fourth era.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Maybe stang is idiosyncratic in whichever low-brow area these bandits come from.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Dalris Othaine posted:

Probably bugged out, that mod glitches to heck if you so much as look at it wrong.

Good point. Had more trouble with that mod than all other mods combined.

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

wormil posted:

Good point. Had more trouble with that mod than all other mods combined.
Rigmor is cool but the mod just doesn't play well with others. I've gotten it to work by loading it last and playing through it before starting the main quest, and even then I had to keep a cheat sheet of "setstage rigmorquest xx"" console codes because it's so easy to mess up the quest triggers (the most common ones can be found on the mods Nexus page forum). It pretty much requires its own dedicated profile/playthrough.

Rigmor's author posted:

Best played with a new game on a new profile. Leave your followers at home. Avoid mod "overhauls" that alter NPC ai. Avoid mods that alter Pale Pass border region. Bring a horse or use the ones provided. Don't fast travel unless the quest log says it's safe to do so. Play the quest from start to finish.
..and they're not kidding

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Haha, I went all stealth/pickpocket/ lock picking on my new run using ordinator and, while I'm poo poo in a stand up fight, I can clear entire dungeons without being seen and walk out rich af. Just did a legendary reset on stealth and put some points into one handed so I'm not so poo poo when I am spotted.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Soonmot posted:

Haha, I went all stealth/pickpocket/ lock picking on my new run using ordinator and, while I'm poo poo in a stand up fight, I can clear entire dungeons without being seen and walk out rich af. Just did a legendary reset on stealth and put some points into one handed so I'm not so poo poo when I am spotted.

I had a similarly focused build. With just the base 2 in one handed and using the deaths emporer, I could easily clear any non-draugr/falmer dungeon. Which at first was a pain since draugr are pretty ubiquitous and have good loot. But then I started thinking of how killing deathlords is really just a puzzle using the traps in the dungeon. Falmer give poo poo loot so it's not really a problem.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Does anyone know what could cause the vampire lord (idle?) animations to bug out so that you are stuck in flying mode and unable to raise/lower your hands or use your vampires spells? In my current game I'm stuck like this every time I transform (ever since I transformed the first time in that initial quest bit). I have Enhanced Camera, Customizable Camera, and Archery Gameplay Overhaul (replaces some bow-related animations), which each seem like plausible sources of problems but I can't find anyone else online reporting issues with them.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Seashell Salesman posted:

Does anyone know what could cause the vampire lord (idle?) animations to bug out so that you are stuck in flying mode and unable to raise/lower your hands or use your vampires spells? In my current game I'm stuck like this every time I transform (ever since I transformed the first time in that initial quest bit). I have Enhanced Camera, Customizable Camera, and Archery Gameplay Overhaul (replaces some bow-related animations), which each seem like plausible sources of problems but I can't find anyone else online reporting issues with them.
I had this on my old computer when I was modding the game out the rear end, I think too many scripts were trying to run at once - it sometimes bugged out with fancy spells, Frostfall and things like that but it really hated Vampire Lord form. It's a known issue but I don't know if there's any surefire way to check that it's the source of your problem, like IBS.

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Does anyone know what mods should be added to a Mator Smash patch? Some mods are obviously Bash tagged, but most aren't and you never know where a mod conflict will pop up. I just throw every mod into a patch and let Smash deal with it, that seems to work well but just doesn't feel like the right thing to do.

As great as Frostfall is, I've had to get rid of it in favor of Hypothermia. Hypothermia seems to handle exposure well enough, doesn't need Cold and Wet, and even works with Campfire. I'd prefer Frostfall, it has a more detailed coverage system, but seems too fragile and script heavy when you start piling on the mods.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
You can do this with Smashed Patch:

1) Fire up Mator Smash, select your TES5 profile
2) Select all your mods, wait for the program to load
3) Click the fourth button on the toolbar at the top (Manage Smash Settings)
4) Scroll down to "Ungrouped", right click Skip and select "New Setting"
5) Name the setting on the right hand panel
6) Under the panel "Tree", right click "Records". Click "Build", and then "Build from Plugins"
7) Right Click => Select all your plugins EXCEPT Skyrim.esm
8) Right click on Records again => Autoset Attributes, click yes to the Nodes warning
9) Right click Records one last time, and select "Prune", then "Autoprune Records"
10) Click save, and then use this new setting in your Smashed Patch.

Basically, what this does, is scan plugins for tags, as well as record conflicts (so load order is important here) and automatically create a patch based on those conditions. Fire the finished patch up in TES5Edit, and clean it. Then do the same thing, but this time use a conflict resolution filter, and take a look at some of the changed records.

In my experience thus far, this method has been pretty good and has resulted in minimal tweaking post-patch.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

^ ^ ^
That should be linked in the OP, GunnerJ.

Also, I'd like to point something out that may not be apparent to SSE users: Feel free to use older texture replacers even if they're not as large as the default SSE textures (which appear, at a glance, to be double the size of Oldrims High Res DLC, so 4k.) The reason is that All bethesda did to get to 4k was take the High Res DLC textures, upscale them to 4k, and add a noise filter. They look bad, while stuff like Noble Skyrim and Book of Silence look better than ever thanks to the new rendering engine.

A few texture types (landscape) need tweaking because of differences in the rendering engine, but for the most part, you're good.

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Gyshall posted:

You can do this with Smashed Patch:

Thanks! That seems to work a lot better than just relying on the bashed tags

Agents are GO! posted:

^ ^ ^
That should be linked in the OP, GunnerJ.

I've never seen a really comprehensive step-by-step for the entire "install Skyrim -> install MO -> install mods -> [?] -> play Skyrim" process. I'd like to make one, putting together all my how-to.txt files. I applied to the goon wiki but it looks dead. Is it worth putting any effort into?

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
I've always been a fan of the STEP guide, at least until it starts telling you install a million texture mods: http://wiki.step-project.com/STEP:2.10.0

OP updates and wiki approvals will happen.... later.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Syd Midnight posted:

Thanks! That seems to work a lot better than just relying on the bashed tags

I've never seen a really comprehensive step-by-step for the entire "install Skyrim -> install MO -> install mods -> [?] -> play Skyrim" process. I'd like to make one, putting together all my how-to.txt files. I applied to the goon wiki but it looks dead. Is it worth putting any effort into?

Another point is that some mods may already have smashed settings associated to them. I tend to skip those and just apply the automatic settings to mods without any settings.

And yeah, Smashed Patch is wonderful and I've found far more effective than the combination of Bashed/Merged.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Soonmot posted:

Gotta give props to Enai, it's pretty hard to not make a fun build with Ordinator.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Enairim has reinvigorated my love for Skyrim.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I don't use Wildcat, but I doubt I'd even consider a Skyrim game without the others.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The Skyrim GEMS site is dead. Is there a convenient mirror?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Syd Midnight posted:

I'd really appreciate it, personally. I use the STEP and that one reddit post where the dude goes through how to do stuff but I forget between installs and deep modding runs. Heck maybe I'd even contribute, when I am in the thick of it and re-remember what I had already forgotten :v:

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Is MO2 the go to tool for SSE, or have people migrated back to Wrye Bash or NMM?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I use Wrye Bash for SSE, but I may switch to MO2 for my next playthrough after being pleasantly surprised when playing FO4 with it.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

This might be a silly question, but I noticed I have a few achievements I still haven't completed. So I'm installing Skyrim LE again to knock them out. If I apply mods to the game, can I still get the achievements, or do I have to play sans mods to get them? *shudder*

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
There are cheevos in Skyrim? *google*

Uh, looks like there are. Well, you'll want this, then: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/245/

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Moreau posted:

This might be a silly question, but I noticed I have a few achievements I still haven't completed. So I'm installing Skyrim LE again to knock them out. If I apply mods to the game, can I still get the achievements, or do I have to play sans mods to get them? *shudder*

download steam achievement manage and click "unlock all" and free yourself

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Is there any SSE mod that helps you track down errant children? Mine has gone missing. Sounds like I could probably just adopt a second one and tell him we're moving and the other would magically reappear, but I'd rather have a radio tracker mod if such a thing exists

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
Sounds like the kid would be better off in Honorhall Orphanage. Probably ran off and went there.

Edit: This is not actual advice. You are a bad parent.

Alasyre fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jul 27, 2017

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I really hope we're talking in-game too.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

When I can't find my kid he's usually pulling all the stuff out of a cupboard, hope this helps.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Azhais posted:

Is there any SSE mod that helps you track down errant children? Mine has gone missing. Sounds like I could probably just adopt a second one and tell him we're moving and the other would magically reappear, but I'd rather have a radio tracker mod if such a thing exists
You can probably just type in console: player.moveto <actor ID> or prid <actor ID> and then moveto player to find it. Actor IDs are at uesp http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Adoption#Adoptable_Children

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Is there an SSE mod that makes enemies less of pincushions at Legendary difficulty? I just hit the point in my pure mage play through where I went from cowering in the shadows and abusing geometry to exploding everything in my path into a fine red mist, so I want to increase the difficulty. However the "shoot 100 fireballs at this guy instead of 20" thing drives me nuts. My goal is for combat to be deadly for both myself and my enemies.

I had something like this for vanilla Skyrim, but I went through a Windows reinstall recently and lost my old mod list.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kedo posted:

Is there an SSE mod that makes enemies less of pincushions at Legendary difficulty? I just hit the point in my pure mage play through where I went from cowering in the shadows and abusing geometry to exploding everything in my path into a fine red mist, so I want to increase the difficulty. However the "shoot 100 fireballs at this guy instead of 20" thing drives me nuts. My goal is for combat to be deadly for both myself and my enemies.

I had something like this for vanilla Skyrim, but I went through a Windows reinstall recently and lost my old mod list.

Does SkyTweak work for SSE? If so, you can adjust the damage taken/given by difficulty level.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Randaconda posted:

Does SkyTweak work for SSE? If so, you can adjust the damage taken/given by difficulty level.

It doesn't, but there are plenty of combat Overhauls and mods that gently caress with health scaling. Check one of them out.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Are there any mods for PS4 that change alchemy in any cool ways, or is that just not doable on console?

I realize I should prob just be playin this on PC but hell I got a big cool OLED a couple months ago and I wanted to play something cool looking on it so I'm tryin the 4k version on PS4

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Jul 29, 2017

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stefan Prodan posted:

Are there any mods for PS4 that change alchemy in any cool ways, or is that just not doable on console?

I realize I should prob just be playin this on PC but hell I got a big cool OLED a couple months ago and I wanted to play something cool looking on it so I'm tryin the 4k version on PS4

PS4 might be hard, since they won't let modders use anything but in-game resources.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Stefan Prodan posted:

PS4 mods are severely limited. You can't really do anything other than play vanilla+.

No new weapons, items, or big overhauls. No graphic changes or overhauls or anything. If it requires any new assets, it can't be done on PS4.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

skyrim works really good with a controller on pc, for what its worth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

skyrim works really good with a controller on pc, for what its worth

There's a nice controller mod for it, too. I use it and think it's better than the vanilla controller.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1177/