Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

it helps that we literally didn't let people vote until they affirmed its vailidity

I mean I'm happy to disenfranchise people who don't support single payer but like I don't see that proposal gaining traction any time soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Fallen Hamprince posted:

you'll be pleased to note that the dems have officially renounced idpol, the new platform contains no mention of LGBT rights lol

See leftists, the Dems are willing to comprimise with you.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Concerned Citizen posted:

i can't believe the president of the united states alluded to orgies on yachts in front of children

Why not?

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

I don't see that proposal gaining traction any time soon

Much like your party's platform :grin:

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Well I'm accustomed to a smooth ride
Or maybe I'm a dog who's lost its bite

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Inescapable Duck posted:

Centrist compromise; not letting those pesky minorities and LBGT rights get in the way of their bold new program of giving tax credits and passing new laws to go completely unenforced!

lmfbo that the berniemen thought that senate dems minus 'idpol' meant anything other than 'the same policies but we stop talking about gay people'

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Fallen Hamprince posted:

lmfbo that the berniemen thought that senate dems minus 'idpol' meant anything other than 'the same policies but we stop talking about gay people'

Yea this was totally something the berniemen believed

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

constantly complaining about the only good part of centrist dems agenda, hoping that this will motivate them to make the other parts of their agenda good also

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Yeah the Dem elite jettisoning their social stances at the first opportunity took their voters totally by surprise which is why they were all posting "Dems are gonna take a look in the mirror and say 'we gotta get more racist'" for six months.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Fallen Hamprince posted:

constantly complaining about the only good part of centrist dems agenda, hoping that this will motivate them to make the other parts of their agenda good also

Well that or make the leftist takeover that much easier by making the centrists even more unappealing.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

MizPiz posted:

Well that or make the leftist takeover that much easier by making the centrists even more unappealing.

a leftist takeover would presuppose the left actually starts competing in primaries this midterm

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
hey, at least there wont be more women ceos

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Al! posted:

hey, at least there wont be more women ceos

Except for good ol' Ivanka

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

came here to post this

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

I found an article from the pre-escalator era that mentions Bryce prominently: https://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/14/magazine/scott-walker-and-the-fate-of-the-union.html

presented for your consumption

holy poo poo this guy rules

of course it glosses over the actually important part: the fact that the crowd of listening Boy Scouts joined in. he got them to boo Obama and yell out "We love Trump", and they chanted "USA, USA!" when he talked about repealing Obamacare

that's the next generation of voters right there

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I'm about halfway through the Summer 2017 issue of The American Prospect, "The Wages of Neglect".

For the most part, it's excellent, and def Suck Zone relevant. Highlights:

Place Matters: As in the 1930s, progressives need economic development strategies for the left-behind regions of the country. by Harold Meyerson

The Democrats’ ‘Working-Class Problem’: It’s not only with whites. It reaches well into the party’s base. by Stanley Greenberg

Why the White Worker Theme Is Harmful: It’s a mistake to racialize an economy that harms the entire working class. by William Spriggs

John Russo's "The Pittsburgh Conundrum" is spot-on, but unfortunately still behind the paywall.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
hire 👏 more 👏 women 👏 commissars

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Fallen Hamprince posted:

I guess I can't really blame you for thinking the Suck Zone constantly complains about idpol since you apparently just started reading it last week

The only extent it comes up is to talk about when people use it as a bludgeon to silence people talking about ecpol (see: bend-the-knee-gate)

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Hamprince is too narrow minded to realize that the Democrats haven't dropped any of their social planks, but are simply reacting to calls for a more significant focus on economic problems. Only to have Pelosi & Schumer roll out the same stale dogturds they've been trying since the 80s and pretend it's some kind of great new deal.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Let's just recap what happened with McCain:

1. rear end in a top hat rightfully gets cancer.
2. Dem leaders trip over themselves to wish him well and call him a hero.
3. McCain returns to vote against Dems every which way he can.
4. Laugh out loud.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

There was some piece about how the Dem's have been treating campaigning like marketing, causing dipshits like mook. And it really is the case. They don't have much else to offer, so they try to make up the difference in marketing.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

There was some piece about how the Dem's have been treating campaigning like marketing, causing dipshits like mook. And it really is the case. They don't have much else to offer, so they try to make up the difference in marketing.

Well have you seen the other guys?

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Hamprince is too narrow minded to realize that the Democrats haven't dropped any of their social planks, but are simply reacting to calls for a more significant focus on economic problems. Only to have Pelosi & Schumer roll out the same stale dogturds they've been trying since the 80s and pretend it's some kind of great new deal.

moderate dems aren't going to shift left until they fear primaries more than generals, which in turn relies on leftists actually showing up to primaries

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Fallen Hamprince posted:

moderate dems aren't going to shift left until they fear primaries more than generals, which in turn relies on leftists actually showing up to primaries

Ok, but this has nothing to do with the stupid poo poo you were actually saying on this page.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I believe in the future
I may live in my car
My radio tuned to
The voice of a star

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
If they fear the generals so much why can't they win them?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FuriousxGeorge posted:

If they fear the generals so much why can't they win them?
Stereotype threat.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

logikv9 posted:

America was headed down a dark path after getting rid of switchboards

consolidate 👏more 👏switchboard 👏centers👏

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Fallen Hamprince posted:

which is why their primaries are a clusterfuck of arcane rules and superdelegates and require very early registration, etc

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Frijolero posted:

Let's just recap what happened with McCain:

1. rear end in a top hat rightfully gets cancer.
2. Dem leaders trip over themselves to wish him well and call him a hero.
3. McCain returns to vote against Dems every which way he can.
4. Laugh out loud.

to Congressional Dems, McCain is a co-worker, not an enemy. they may be in opposition on the Senate floor, but that's them just acting out their roles, not any genuine opposition

same with Scalise. they might argue and complain while they're on the clock, but after hours they'll all go out and play a friendly baseball game with each other and the lobbyists

it still loving infuriates me that a lobbyist was literally a player on the Congressional GOP baseball team, and that not a single reporter had the balls to actually call it out or draw attention to it

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
has anyone brought up redundant federal data centers?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
god drat superdelegates making sure that incumbent house / senate / gov dems remain

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i regret not voting for jim johnson he is a cool dude in retrospect

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

got any sevens posted:

which is why their primaries are a clusterfuck of arcane rules and superdelegates and require very early registration, etc

how will leftists ever primary congressional dems given the establishment's crucial superdelegate advantage - guy who knows a lot about how primaries work

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Main Paineframe posted:

to Congressional Dems, McCain is a co-worker, not an enemy. they may be in opposition on the Senate floor, but that's them just acting out their roles, not any genuine opposition

same with Scalise. they might argue and complain while they're on the clock, but after hours they'll all go out and play a friendly baseball game with each other and the lobbyists

it still loving infuriates me that a lobbyist was literally a player on the Congressional GOP baseball team, and that not a single reporter had the balls to actually call it out or draw attention to it

It's only gotten more obvious, I'm surprised more people aren't saying it.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

logikv9 posted:

god drat superdelegates making sure that incumbent house / senate / gov dems remain

Leftist who has voted in zero non-presidential primaries wonders why the Democratic party's legislators are so centrist. It must be the Lanyards' fault, he thinks.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fallen Hamprince posted:

Leftist who has voted in zero non-presidential primaries wonders why the Democratic party's legislators are so centrist. It must be the Lanyards' fault, he thinks.

Mods???

I didn't know we allowed scripts. This bot has been posting the same post for months!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/889527527085047810

:thinking:

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Fallen Hamprince posted:

what a lazy and uninspired troll

but this is a good reminder that when people complain about democratic party idpol, they are complaining about this:

quote:

“Not everything is about an economic theory, right?” Clinton said, kicking off a long, interactive riff with the crowd at a union hall this afternoon.

“If we broke up the big banks tomorrow—and I will if they deserve it, if they pose a systemic risk, I will—would that end racism?”

“No!” the audience yelled back.

Clinton continued to list scenarios, asking: “Would that end sexism? Would that end discrimination against the LGBT community? Would that make people feel more welcoming to immigrants overnight?”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Fallen Hamprince posted:

You're just going down the list of stereotypes to post with no further comment huh

Personally I'm like most voters in that I think my rep is good but everyone else's sucks rear end

hell yeah

• Locked thread