Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Sarcophallus posted:

Searched for "hail":

We (Husband 32M & Me 26F) have been told by his brother (37M) and SIL (30s) that we should supply all xmas gifts for the kids due to our lack of kids??Non-Romantic

I'm with Uncle Husband on this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Sarcophallus posted:

Searched for "hail":

We (Husband 32M & Me 26F) have been told by his brother (37M) and SIL (30s) that we should supply all xmas gifts for the kids due to our lack of kids??Non-Romantic

This has an update:

[Update] We (Husband 32M & Me 26F) have been told by his brother (37M) and SIL (30s) that we should supply all xmas gifts for the kids due to our lack of kids??

Added very basic formatting

I hate the way this woman writes.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Sarcophallus posted:

Searched for "hail":

This has an update:

[Update] We (Husband 32M & Me 26F) have been told by his brother (37M) and SIL (30s) that we should supply all xmas gifts for the kids due to our lack of kids??

Added very basic formatting

OMG it looks like there was a second update where things got violent but it was deleted probably because of the one update rule

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Ride The Gravitron posted:

OMG it looks like there was a second update where things got violent but it was deleted probably because of the one update rule

Goddammit Reddit

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
The one update rule is killing this thread, loving reddit, goddamn internet Nazis

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Your can put the story together from the comments

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/3y1r18/update_we_husband_32m_me_26f_have_been_told_by/

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

quote:

So potential sexism aside- He. Punched. A. Woman. A woman who was not ATTACKING HIM but physically putting herself in place to defend her husband, who was ALREADY INJURED. Over meaningless bullshit. If he tries to spin this in his own light you shoot that poo poo the gently caress down.

Hahaha, holy gently caress, what a psycho.

Apparently he got arrested, so I'm glad justice was served.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

WampaLord posted:

Hahaha, holy gently caress, what a psycho.

Apparently he got arrested, so I'm glad justice was served.

I hope he goes to prison holy poo poo.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

I hope he goes to prison holy poo poo.

The cops took photos and the DA pressed charges so yes, he is going to jail over a roomba?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Ride The Gravitron posted:

looks like the OP deleted it, presumably on the advisement of a lawyer. Not that the Reddit mods aren't fussy little bitches.

Barudak posted:

The cops took photos and the DA pressed charges so yes, he is going to jail over a roomba?

he broke into their house, gave the husband stitches and punched out the wife to... steal? their new roomba so yeah

probably the best christmas present ever for his kids

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

looks like the OP deleted it, presumably on the advisement of a lawyer. Not that the Reddit mods aren't fussy little bitches.

he broke into their house, gave the husband stitches and punched out the wife to... steal? their new roomba so yeah

probably the best christmas present ever for his kids

Of course a roomba is the best christmas gift for kids, you can get videos like these: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk4XB2wZqF4

I tried to find a really old one from when roomba's first came out that had a Metallica song playing but someone singing something else about cat on a roomba, but I couldn't find it, probably got DMCA'd by Metallica.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Found it! http://archive.is/47u1d

quote:

[Update] We (Husband 32M & Me 26F) have been told by his brother (37M) and SIL (30s) that we should supply all xmas gifts for the kids due to our lack of kids??[new]◉ Assign a Topic flair to this post!! ◉
submitted an hour ago by suppluxmasorgtfo
OP
Update1
I wish this update was 'we all made up and xmas will be so great!!' but it's not. Yesterday we had a small xmas party with some friends since we will be leaving the 24th for a holiday. (Myself, Tod, Dad and brother who I will name Theo).
My friend Sandy grew up near me, we've been friends for years and she became friends with Timmy and his wife too. They are friends together on facebook. We had told her that there was a tiff but didn't elaborate to not damage their friendship. Big mistake, since she tagged us in her woo look at my gift/QQ my friend is leaving me for xmas post, the photo is of the two of us drinking while dancing around her new roomba. (I will note this isn't just for her xmas, it's for her xmas, birthday and her wedding as well as a housewarming gift.. her and her soon to be husband Bill just bought a new townhouse near us. :> I normally wouldn't buy something that expensive just for xmas.)

So... Timmy saw the post. Not only did he take offence to us drinking (None of them drink/are against drinking) he really flipped his lid about her getting a roomba. He lost his crap in the comments and then showed up at our apartment.
I was in the shower when Timmy showed up, I heard someone knocking on the door which had to be pretty loud to hear it all the way in the MB shower... I finished the shower around midway through Tod and Tim fighting. Tod said he was beating the door down, he opened the door and refused to let Tim in any further than the hallway. Tim was yelling at him about the gift, about his lack of church going, about us going out of town, demanding his kids gifts (I donated them...) and asking where we got off buying such a pricey gift for someone who isn't related and being 'selfish assholes' about gifting the other children.

So around this point I come out of the shower after putting on PJs, it's nearly 1AM now. I came out to see Timmy, I'm kinda shocked, Tod tells Tim it's late and we can talk about this when we get back from holiday with the pastor. He pushes Tod, Tod falls back into the wall putting a dent into it. This woke my Dad and Theo. I moved in front of Tod since Tim was pulling back to hit him, he hit me knocking me down on top of Tod, Dad and Theo restrained him, our next door neighbor was woken up and called 911.
Cops showed up, separated all of us, we told them what had happened, didn't tell them about the other problems shortened it up to there had been an xmas disagreement. They also called an ambulance since Tod cut his arm on a dish that broke and my face was quickly turning purple. The EMS who showed up know Tod, and were very upset about him and I being hurt. The cops asked us if we wanted to press charges, I started to say no... Tod said yes. So Tim was arrested, we went to the ER since Tod needed some stitches.
Our phones have been blowing up ever since, I turned mine off after I told Sandy she needed to not let Tim and Candy see any posts about us since they are pissed at us. She said okay. I went though and unfriended/grouped anyone who was also friends with any in law family into a restricted group so they can't see anything we're up to again.. I hope.

Rhonda and Keith have been blowing up Tod's phone, he's only answered them in texts with what happened, that we would not drop charges or pay his bail, and to stop contacting us, at all. Between the last update and this one we had talked to some of the other family members and they all said they disagreed with Timmy, his grandparents said they did too but that they couldn't host the xmas and couldn't stop him from uninviting us. They said they would talk to him and we were like okay cool maybe by next year we can be friends again. That isn't the case anymore, at all, there is no coming back from this.

We'll be filing a restraining order when we get home, Tod is talking about us moving out of our home state. Dad and Theo think this is a good idea. Dad is annoyed that I wouldn't let him hit Tim so he's sulking a bit, but I think it's more that he's upset that we have lost another family basically.
So... yeah. I get to enjoy my trip with a black eye/cheek, Tod has a 4 inch gash on his arm, Dad is sulking and Theo is happy since he's smoking pot so A+ Xmas!
TLDR: Tim lost his poo poo over a roomba, attacked us, got arrested, family is pissed we won't drop charges, blocked all their numbers/fb, leaving tomorrow for some place sunny with a rag tag group of injured, sulky high family members.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I love you

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

you're the wind beneath my wings

quote:

The cops asked us if we wanted to press charges, I started to say no...

a redditor to the core

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I hope a giant steps on Tim.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

You're awesome dude.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

The Jesuits have always been a 'shadowy influence' to people given their history in education, and Pope Francis certainly isn't making any friends in the Nazi-adjacent crowd
Jack Chick had a huge thing about the Jesuits. All that Alberto Rivera crap. You know, the stuff about how pirates flew the black flag because they were Jesuits and they were taking orders directly from the Pope to steal gold for the Vatican treasury and then Jesuits invented Communism and started World War II all under the Pope's orders.

I just assume he's one of those weird Nazi Protestants, with ideas somehow exported from America to Australia.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

You're a goddamned hero today.

quote:

The cops asked us if we wanted to press charges, I started to say no... Tod said yes. So Tim was arrested

Tod ascends to Pete tier for not backing down.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Lmao at her dad being all pouty because he didn't get to beat up the guy.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Seriously those people just need to cut ties with their family that's insane. It's a good thing they appear to have a strong and cool marriage.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
Over a god drat Roomba.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

WampaLord posted:

You're a goddamned hero today.

Tod ascends to Pete tier for not backing down.

What if its the same guy and this is the sequel to the Pete story being his origin?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

WampaLord posted:

[30M] This is a bit strange, but my wife's [25F] hometown's mascot died and she's taking it too hard.

As a Floridian, gently caress this guy!

Something something, you can take the woman out of Florida but you can't take the Florida out of the woman?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Barudak posted:

What if its the same guy and this is the sequel to the Pete story being his origin?

Pete is more like a noble spirit that embiggens the smallest of us.

Pete be upon you, brother.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

How the hell does an adult act like this

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Intruder posted:

How the hell does an adult act like this

Maybe he was raised by the guy who secretly opened a credit card with his daughter's identity to teach her a lesson about getting an education, a well paying job, and a loving black boyfriend.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Having a partner who regularly fakes orgasms and pretends smoking weed sounds insufferable. It would get old very quickly.

weed is expensive, that's a jerk move to waste it

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

fruit on the bottom posted:

Lmao at her dad being all pouty because he didn't get to beat up the guy.

I was shocked when it got to that part and I realized neither her dad nor her brother physically assaulted her FIL, those guys are saints

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

WampaLord posted:

I'm Jewish, and if a partner had a Nazi memorabilia piece but explained "Hey, but Nazis are loving awful, I only have this for historical value" I could probably be cool with that.

This dude, when questioned, decided to downplay the severity of the holocaust instead.

:sever: and then :murder: this Nazi gently caress.

Or alternatively "Yes, this is Nazi memorabilia. My grandpa took it from one of the many nazis he killed. I only have this for the value of the warm feelings I feel when I look down, and think about the nazi who owned it, who is now dead."

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

The Jesuits have always been a 'shadowy influence' to people given their history in education, and Pope Francis certainly isn't making any friends in the Nazi-adjacent crowd

so that's why Nixon hated "the Georgetown set"

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

maskenfreiheit posted:

Or alternatively "Yes, this is Nazi memorabilia. My grandpa took it from one of the many nazis he killed. I only have this for the value of the warm feelings I feel when I look down, and think about the nazi who owned it, who is now dead."

Heard there were fiddy of them

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

maskenfreiheit posted:

Yea, that'd be pretty dope too.

Like, in my high school history class, the teacher brought in some Nazi stuff to show us, and I didn't freak out just from the presence of BAD THINGS, the reasoning behind owning them totally matters.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

maskenfreiheit posted:

I play miniature dolly nerdwargames and am suspicious of Wehrabooism in anyone who only plays WW2 Germans exclusively without either another army and/or a sort of apologetic acknowledgement "well someone has to be the baddies."

The only guy I know of in our group who actually runs full-on SS is black y'all, so he gets a pass.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

quote:

Your injuries will heal, but Tim will forever be the man who lost his poo poo over a roomba.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

maskenfreiheit posted:

We also would also accept "...think about grandpa at the height of his nazi-killing glory."

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

I play miniature dolly nerdwargames and am suspicious of Wehrabooism in anyone who only plays WW2 Germans exclusively without either another army and/or a sort of apologetic acknowledgement "well someone has to be the baddies."

The only guy I know of in our group who actually runs full-on SS is black y'all, so he gets a pass.

Say what you will, but their uniforms looked cooler. Poppa needs to wargame in style.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Would also accept that the grandfather traded katanas from the pacific theater for it.

My grandfather on the other hand was part of the naval engineers during the occupation so his house is full of a mixture of random japanese consumer crap from the post war era and things that appear to be genuine family heirlooms that I will not be returning to their rightful owner, no matter how many hopeful young warriors from the Hazuki Dojo they send.

Arbitrary Coin
Feb 17, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

maskenfreiheit posted:

so that's why Nixon hated "the Georgetown set"

There's actually a Maori gang that uses Nazi iconography/memorabilia for this very reason. Can't find the news article/photo series right now but one of them likened it to scalping your enemies

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
[KY] Can I take legal action against my mother?

quote:

So here's the situation...

I'm 16, living in Kentucky, and for my birthday a couple months ago my mom purchased concert tickets for me for a show this upcoming week. However, very unexpectadly, she has taken them away from me and "disposed" of them. She said this was because I was failed pretty much all my classes and regularly "disrespect" her, even though I simply demand to be treated reasonably. She is not able to grasp that grades are irrelevant to me because I plan to enter a career as a musician.

Anyway, I am obviously extremely heated about this and am wondering if there's any way I can take legal action against her for throwing away my tickets (such as suing her or something like that)? As far as I'm away, the moment they were gifted to me they became MY property, and she had no right to tamper with my things.

quote:

>She's allowed to take away your things as punishment.

She owned the tickets up until the moment she gifted them to me in May. From that point on, I was under the impression it became my property? What she did could be considered stealing since it was not her property, in which case she has committed a criminal offense.

quote:

Just because I'm underage doesn't mean I don't have the right to own property, such as the tickets which were gifted to me. And I have no need to focus on grades because I plan to become a musician, this is what I have been trying to explain to my mother for months on end but for some reason she doesn't grasp the concept of alternative career paths.

quote:

Stealing = a crime

Therefore what she did would be criminal would it not? I may not win but I think my case could be worth pursuing.

quote:

Even minors have rights, such as the right to own property. Am I correct that she can't take and destroy something that I legally owned?

"You're not being realistic. According to MusicTimes.com, [only 1.1% of all musicians are actually discovered](http://www.musictimes.com/articles/3563/20140121/youre-musician-chances-totally-undiscovered-new-study.htm)."

quote:

Well who's to say I won't be part of the 1.1%?

quote:

What about this is funny to you? My mother has committed an actual crime and I want to see something happen about this.

quote:

> what are you doing right now to make that happen?

I have a guitar and ever day I follow music tutorials online. Most of my time though is spent listening to albums, I need to know my artistic identity before I can actually start pursuing anything. I've explained this to my mother but she is simply so regressive that she can't comprehend this.

quote:

So based on what you're saying it sounds like you're suggesting that I am my parents' property. Following that logic, there should be nothing wrong with her lighting my on fire or beating me to death, right? Cuz she owns me.

This simply doesn't sound realistic. I know that minors have rights, and violating them is a prosecutable, criminal offense. I wouldn't go this far but if she had a more cruel son she could potentially end up behind bars.

quote:

Life experience doesn't always equal intelligence. For example, I am more intelligent than both my parents, and that's a fact that's been proved time and time again.

quote:

Again, there is a distinction between "punishing" and stealing. She could have forbade me from going to the concert but she PHYSICALLY stole the tickets, which legally is considered a crime.

quote:

Ok, if you have nothing useful to offer than don't contribute. I legitimately want something done about this so if you have any valid legal advice I would like to hear it.

quote:

Again, if I am truly her property as you've implied then following that logic she should be able to do that [set op on fire or beat him to death]? The only alternative is that I am my own citizen with individual rights and the ability to take her to court. Can you draw a distinction?

"She can comprehend it just fine, I'm sure. It's just that it is such a ridiculously stupid career path that she probably wants to beat you with a 2x4."

quote:

That is something only an extremely close minded person would say, and I'm sure EVERY succesful musician has been told this.

I can keep going but I think you get the idea

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Lol at all of that idiots poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

fruit on the bottom posted:

[KY] Can I take legal action against my mother?