Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
It's 5 days in ya doofus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Rufio posted:

It's 5 days in ya doofus

My whole team has nearly all ancient gear, but we can't push and get decent augments because our DPS can't survive GR 80 :(

I'm like the retarded kid getting left behind

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Guilty posted:

My whole team has nearly all ancient gear, but we can't push and get decent augments because our DPS can't survive GR 80 :(

I'm like the retarded kid getting left behind

When a male Clownfish detects a larger, more virulent male, he spontaneously changes into a female so that he may better service his peers

Roll a zBarb or zMonk

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

When a male Clownfish detects a larger, more virulent male, he spontaneously changes into a female so that he may better service his peers

Roll a zBarb or zMonk

I will probably finish my zmonk before I get ancient pieces :mad:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I'm in your same boat, though. Paragon 500 and I'm missing a Unity and String of Ears. My only two Ancients are the Ring and Belt that will be replaced when I finally get my (assuredly bad) Unity and String of Ears :negative:

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Just shy of paragon 600 and have no ancient pieces, or maybe I think just a belt. Last season on DH I was almost all ancient by the same point.

Thom Yorke raps
Nov 2, 2004

My Wizard is so janky right now, I don't know how to build her when I'm missing a bunch of my needed gear. No manald or anything. Any suggestions? https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ranma-1816/hero/92137045 right now I'm just doing 5 minute T9-T10 rifts with the occassional grift to push my gems up, just keep doing that until I have some non lovely gear? Anything I should focus on for gambling? Trying to farm dbreaths so I can up more rings and hopefully end up with a manald.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I ran a spectral blade 6pc Tal build until I got my Vyrs and support legendaries set up

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Is this Challenge Rift person's gear a joke?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
This week's Challenge Rift is basically the Icy Veins 1-70 Monk leveling build.

FUN

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001
I just noticed that the Witching Hour in the US challenge rift build is a legacy level 60 item with Dex and Int :psyduck:

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Also the monk is p655, somehow.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Probably non-season

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
The EU Rift (if it's different) has almost a third of my Crusader's HP despite being something like 500 Paragon levels higher.
loving squishy softcore cowards.

Also, just picked up my 10th Akkhan's Addendum, still no Flense.

kingturnip fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jul 25, 2017

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
I thought I was imagining that, a Monk with 270k HP is pretty drat squishy. I think my Wizard has about 7 times that, if you include Galvanizing Ward.

Anyway, I'm looking for a good weapon to go with my seasonal Crusader. He has the full 6-piece Roland's Legacy set, and the Flail of the Ascended in Kanai's Cube. It seems like the Golden Flense would be good, to go with the Sweep Attack boosts from the set, is my best bet to use the Cube to upgrade rare 2-handed flails?

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005

biscuits and crazy posted:

I thought I was imagining that, a Monk with 270k HP is pretty drat squishy. I think my Wizard has about 7 times that, if you include Galvanizing Ward.

Anyway, I'm looking for a good weapon to go with my seasonal Crusader. He has the full 6-piece Roland's Legacy set, and the Flail of the Ascended in Kanai's Cube. It seems like the Golden Flense would be good, to go with the Sweep Attack boosts from the set, is my best bet to use the Cube to upgrade rare 2-handed flails?

Golden flense is the item you want with Roland's, and yes upgrading rares is your best chance at getting one. However as Kingutrnip and others can tell you it can be a pain to come by.

Weirdly I got mine pretty early but couldn't get a Denial at all. I ended up switching over to Hammers.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Will Styles posted:

Golden flense is the item you want with Roland's, and yes upgrading rares is your best chance at getting one. However as Kingutrnip and others can tell you it can be a pain to come by.

Weirdly I got mine pretty early but couldn't get a Denial at all. I ended up switching over to Hammers.

Hammers do like several times the DPS of sweep attack anyway, it's just a squishier, jumpier (heh) playstyle.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Man, I remember being able to solo GR20 with the 4 piece on WD and Barb no problem in previous seasons, but I get stomped on Necro.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Lunsku posted:

How does the gambling with blood shards actually work with the low level characters? What level items say level 1 character can actually get from it? Haven't done it, but apparently my impression (from https://www.d3planner.com/game/kadala) that for example gambling at 11 for a ring with necromancer can get you Nailuij's Evol only, is wrong.

Nobody really answered this question and I am trying to figure out the same thing. Specifically, why does this:

https://www.d3planner.com/game/kadala
Indicate that at level 11 there is a 100% chance to get Circle of Nailuj's Evol on a Kadala legendary roll (and 0% chance at level 1, 50% at level 12-28)...

Whereas this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/6nps7k/season_11_low_level_kanais_gambling_guide_for_the/
Indicates there is only a 33% chance to get the Circle from a Kadala legendary roll at level 11, and that this is also the case at level 1 all the way through 28.

The item req data the second link uses seems to be consistent with the d3planner site, so maybe I am just wrongly interpreting the rules for Kadala rolls? My understanding was that if the Circle of Nailuj requires level 11, is the lowest level req. legendary ring available to Necromancers and Leoric's Signet requires level 12, then at level <11 there should be no chance of rolling a legendary ring from Kadala, at level 11, 100% of any ring legendaries (i.e. 10% of all ring rolls) should be Circ,e of Nailuj, and at level 12, this should drop to 50% as the other 50% would go to Leoric. What am I missing here?

Vakal
May 11, 2008

AnonSpore posted:

Man, I cleared the challenge first try but it was a close thing. And by close I mean less than a second left. Jesus what a terrible build to play.

I had like 25 seconds to take out Rime. If he had done even one more teleport I would have been screwed.

Ugh, I promised myself I wouldn't play a monk this season, but I think I may have to now just to prove to myself that all monks arn't that bad.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Morbus posted:

Nobody really answered this question and I am trying to figure out the same thing. Specifically, why does this:

Indicate that at level 11 there is a 100% chance to get Circle of Nailuj's Evol on a Kadala legendary roll (and 0% chance at level 1, 50% at level 12-28)...

Whereas this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/6nps7k/season_11_low_level_kanais_gambling_guide_for_the/
Indicates there is only a 33% chance to get the Circle from a Kadala legendary roll at level 11, and that this is also the case at level 1 all the way through 28.

The item req data the second link uses seems to be consistent with the d3planner site, so maybe I am just wrongly interpreting the rules for Kadala rolls? My understanding was that if the Circle of Nailuj requires level 11, is the lowest level req. legendary ring available to Necromancers and Leoric's Signet requires level 12, then at level <11 there should be no chance of rolling a legendary ring from Kadala, at level 11, 100% of any ring legendaries (i.e. 10% of all ring rolls) should be Circ,e of Nailuj, and at level 12, this should drop to 50% as the other 50% would go to Leoric. What am I missing here?

What column on this chart shows percentages? All I see is

level
average
80%
breaths

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I made a level 1 necro and gambled rings and got like 3 leoric's signets. It just has the lock icon over it and I can't equip it.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Morbus posted:

I'm not sure if anyone really knows exactly what the rules for Kadala at low levels are, but you can get things at low levels that have a higher level requirement. For a Necromancer rolling for rings, this includes the Circle and Leoric's Signet, and the former is twice as rare as the latter, hence the 1/3 chance to obtain the Circle if it is a legendary.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

I made a level 1 necro alt and got the skele mage ring after getting 3 leorics (and a load of trash obviously) so you can 100% get it at level 1

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
I just bought the game a month ago, if anyone wants to play, add me -- GiantPhallus #1144

e: I could use some help with this season's reward thing.

Fozzy The Bear fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jul 26, 2017

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Bad Parenting posted:

I made a level 1 necro alt and got the skele mage ring after getting 3 leorics (and a load of trash obviously) so you can 100% get it at level 1

I might do that too since I'm going to spend my next play session finishing up a few easy to do achivements I want to grab, and farming up the items needed to get to whimsyshire. Anything else I want to grab on a level 1 alt like that?

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Bad Parenting posted:

:same:

I got it after 2 signets, and it required lvl 16 to equip.

As if that mattered - fucker went straight in the cube, and got me nicely past the T4 'not enough damage' wall.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice
Someone posted/said she treats you as level 16 as a minimum.

Either way, it definitely works.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

This challenge rift. I had over a minute to kill Rime when he spawned but he spawned on the other side of the map. I had to spend 30 seconds backtracking in order to get back to him and then Rime being a bastard to fight... well. gently caress.

Edit: Beat it on the next try with like 45 seconds to spare.

Ice Fist fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jul 26, 2017

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Challenge rifts are an exceedingly stupid feature. Every new thing they add to this game is somehow worse than the last content. Set dungeons suck poo poo, Necro is just a WD reskin, and challenge rifts are loving dumb.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Bottom Liner posted:

Challenge rifts are an exceedingly stupid feature. Every new thing they add to this game is somehow worse than the last content. Set dungeons suck poo poo, Necro is just a WD reskin, and challenge rifts are loving dumb.

My completely unfounded, unresearched, uninformed opinion: the people that fixed D3 with RoS are gone.

What we are left with are people who are trying to emulate game modes from the other Blizz properties. Challenge rifts are supposed to be like the brawls in HOTS and Hearthstone. Every week it's something different and unusual with little relevance to high ranked ladder play.

Unfortunately with D3 they can't just add mechanics to make this brawl mode a fun novelty, they are just feeding us lovely builds and telling us to beat a timer. It is not as fun as they intended.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mewse posted:

My completely unfounded, unresearched, uninformed opinion: the people that fixed D3 with RoS are gone.

Isn't the current D3 team extremely, extremely small and Josh Mosqueira gone from Blizzard for more than a year? I think the current features being implemented in D3 are all being done by a group of people with very limited resources, and from the complaints from JW's team pre-RoS the D3 engine doesn't seem to be modular enough to allow even small features like Challenge Rifts to be done in a timely manner.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Bottom Liner posted:

Necro is just a WD reskin

That is why at first I played WD since beta. I was always a huge fan of Necromancers in D2. But voicing as others have said, Necros feel much different than their Witch Doctor counterparts. But I can kinda see where you are coming from.

I myself went from the pet build to only missing one piece of gear for this build.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50EF4axQFek

And the level of power and speed has increased by a lot. Sure it's not really pushing higher GRs, and with my non optimized gear I am kinda squishy. But it's still leagues better than the pet build you start out with. Much, much faster and just absolutely nukes TX12 right out of the gate. All I need is an In-Geom to really make the speed better and I can just farm bounties and rifts with ease until I am up to my neck in gear.

Also the build is hella fun and very easy to play.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Challenge rifts aren't a bad concept. The problem is whoever is handling them can't tell a different, but sensible build from a completely retarded one that makes no sense.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Speaking of bad and terrible builds, i'm really enjoying the stupid rear end Tal Rasha nonsense I've got going on right now. I figure eventually I might work towards doing a proper setup, but for the time being this one is really fun and ridiculous because it's just constant meteors, black holes, and arcane orbs going off nonstop while I melt things with a giant laser :allears:

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Bottom Liner posted:

I hated the first set dungeon I played (Inna's) but I completed/mastered the Unhallowed Essence one after a few tries and had fun doing it.

I'm not a huge fan of how Necro has no passive resource regen whatsoever, or they way they built yet another class around a long-cooldown steroid skill with the playstyle that inevitably leads to, but I like the way their skills feel more than I like any of the other non-DH ranged classes, and certainly way more than I like Witch Doctor's incredibly clunky toolset, so it's not all bad.

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Jul 26, 2017

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Elentor posted:

Isn't the current D3 team extremely, extremely small and Josh Mosqueira gone from Blizzard for more than a year? I think the current features being implemented in D3 are all being done by a group of people with very limited resources, and from the complaints from JW's team pre-RoS the D3 engine doesn't seem to be modular enough to allow even small features like Challenge Rifts to be done in a timely manner.

This is one of those bitter Reddit rumors screamed by every angry 16 year old. Josh Mosquiera is gone, but Diablo is a much loved franchise and has a full team with full resources. Please don't let this thread devolve into another "dead game, gently caress you blizzard" nonsense

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have very nearly reached level 70 with my seasonal Necromancer. It is tough as nails getting these last 14 or so levels and I'm playing on normal! I've not had much loot luck and definitely not gotten used to the new skills yet.

I liked the Tal Shiar wizard challenge rift. That was more like the character I'd been playing before this, but the monk one is so difficult. I am punching as much as I can and cannot finish the rift without being minutes and minutes over. I think my lack of experience with monk is what is causing it.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Filthy Monkey posted:

Finally beat a GR70 as monk. Makes me wish I had started as something else, seeing my friends so easily smash it up with necromancer and crusader and the like. I am not a diablo expert by any means though, and only play for a week or two every other season.

I tried a few builds, including generator, sunwuko LTK, and Inna EP, but oddly I found it easiest with one that I had copied from the number four monk on the ladder. It isn't on icy veins at all, and is an Inna's LTK setup. Here is the picture of that guy.

You don't even have a generator. Basically you perma-epiphany with the help of obsidian ring of the zodiac, and you LTK everything i the face. The rabid strike copies your LTKs during epiphany, for double the LTK fun. You rely on a combination of inna auras, sweeping wind+inner storm, air ally button, and epiphany to keep your spirit up.

This worked out pretty well for me as well. Paragon 504 when I got up to 70, last couple levels took a few tries to get a not terrible rift. Didn't crush it, but as long as you don't get really bad elites you progress pretty steadily. Main things for playing it is having a good amount of CDR, and spamming mystic ally as much as you can for health/spirit. Gearwise my setup is pretty crap (only a few ancients and they all have poo poo roles), base level 25 gems, diamonds in armor, though I do have a 2700 rabid strike. Finished in 13 and some change minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

If you're playing the EU challenge rift just alternate the left click generator and dashing strike and everything should die really quickly, try not to stand still too long because that build seemed crazy squishy to me and I'd die instantly if I didn't have a defensive cool down up.