Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Hell is other bikers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
Actually I think its a bmw k1600

E: read the link, nvm im an idiot

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

The eternal labor to remove Harleys from the road is not without sacrifice

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

How the gently caress do you even get two bikes to collide at that angle

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
That's the exit of a hairpin for the inside bike so for as much poo poo talking HD as we do, this one appears to be the tourer's mistake.

Ed: here is a rider of unmeasurable skill negotiating the same corner like a total and complete bad rear end

nsaP fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jul 25, 2017

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

R-Type posted:

The eternal labor to remove Harleys from the road is not without sacrifice

Rude

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Jazzzzz posted:

What bike is that on the right? I feel like I recognize those exhaust cans, but my brain is saying "those are VFR cans" and that's not a VFR. Looks more like a BMW but I don't see a shaft drive or boxer heads

Edit: nm, reverse image search is your friend. It used to be an ST1300. Shaft drive is there, just on the right

https://oppositelock.kinja.com/when-cornering-speed-exceeds-cornering-skill-1783931503

omg the target fixation is real. You can see the offender's head pointed straight at the face of the prey in every loving photo on that page.
E;except the one where he's rear end-over-tea-kettle

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

He looks like he's zooming in closer to kiss the Harley rider, that's pretty bad target fixation.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Jazzzzz posted:

What bike is that on the right? I feel like I recognize those exhaust cans, but my brain is saying "those are VFR cans" and that's not a VFR. Looks more like a BMW but I don't see a shaft drive or boxer heads

Edit: nm, reverse image search is your friend. It used to be an ST1300. Shaft drive is there, just on the right

https://oppositelock.kinja.com/when-cornering-speed-exceeds-cornering-skill-1783931503

From the comments to that article, by the guy who wrote the article:

"They’ve got helmets and at least partial leathers.

my justification for not using all safety equipment all the time is that I’m an organ donor, so I’m going into it knowing it might kill me and I’m okay with that. “Life free or die”"

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

builds character posted:

my justification for not using all safety equipment all the time is that I’m an organ donor, so I’m going into it knowing it might kill me and I’m okay with that. “Life free or die”"

The organs are pretty useless if they're not intact, you thoughtless rear end in a top hat.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

nsaP posted:

Ed: here is a rider of unmeasurable skill negotiating the same corner like a total and complete bad rear end

Wild mullet spotted.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

builds character posted:

That Tohru dude is a loving idiot.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Sagebrush posted:

How the gently caress do you even get two bikes to collide at that angle
The full sequence of photos shows the ST dude waving to the camera, blowing the turn, entering the Harley's lane and hitting the Harley head on.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi_Fh8Y6ops

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
So, will the paint melt when you bring the tire up to temp and lead to a lowside or is it just ugly?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

nsaP posted:

That's the exit of a hairpin for the inside bike so for as much poo poo talking HD as we do, this one appears to be the tourer's mistake.

That is one ugly chick

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

nsaP posted:

I measured it and it is barely a 30° lean.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

This is possibly dumber than those tires that let off colored smoke when you do burnouts

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
I'll be the odd man out and admit I think it looks pretty sick, if impractical. I'd totally do orange/white on my ktm. :kiddo:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Coydog posted:

I'll be the odd man out and admit I think it looks pretty sick, if impractical. I'd totally do orange/white on my ktm. :kiddo:

You're one of those horrible people that has to change every tiny fitting to an orange one aren't you?

Orange gear lever tip orange bar end weights orange chain guard orange chain guide orange TDC bung orange levers orange mirrors orange pegs orange orange orange killyourself.

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?

Slavvy posted:

You're one of those horrible people that would name their superduke THE BEAST aren't you?

THE BEAST key tag orange and black lettering on the rims personalized 1290BST plate ghost letters on the paint BEAST BEAST BEAST killyourself.
Fixed

The Yellow would look kind of cool on my TDR250... because you know what it is.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I was told a dummy is sneak dissin

Chichevache posted:

I measured it and it is barely a 30° lean.

oh here he is. Big words from a fella that can't seem to keep his bikes on 2 wheels. But if you knew more about achieving motorcycle zen, you would notice that picture is at turn in

That's at the apex. It's where I learned that it's my stand that scrapes first, not my peg feeler.

But lean angle doesn't matter anyway. You can be slow and get the bike leaned over all the way and fast dudes can have chicken strips.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I see your eyes. Stop looking at my glorious locks, my lean angle is down here thank you very much.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
You should try not putting your body in the other lane.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

nsaP posted:

I was told a dummy is sneak dissin

oh here he is. Big words from a fella that can't seem to keep his bikes on 2 wheels. But if you knew more about achieving motorcycle zen, you would notice that picture is at turn in

You're just jelly I got a full 90° on my lean. :c00lbutt:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Slavvy posted:

You're one of those horrible people that has to change every tiny fitting to an orange one aren't you?

Orange gear lever tip orange bar end weights orange chain guard orange chain guide orange TDC bung orange levers orange mirrors orange pegs orange orange orange killyourself.
Maybe he's just Dutch.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Chichevache posted:

Lol

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Buhbuhj posted:

No poo poo. Hope you never get smushed by a kid driving an uhaul... Or do. Whatever.

Slavvy posted:

I like orange :v:

it's like one of 5 colors I can see soo...

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Nice.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Slavvy posted:

I am not, because it's not the aesthetic I am going for, and will seem "too much" on my ktm. My buddy has a pristine black CBR with blue anodized fittings/everything, that he dailys, and it looks fantastic. You seem very angry about the whole thing, though.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Fasteners and whatnot should be one of two colors only: stainless steel, or black.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Motorcycles are serious business, ok?

edit: Maybe I should harlequin all the fasteners on my ktm.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Fasteners and whatnot should be one of two colors only: stainless steel, or black.

I am partial to the milky white colour of corroded mystery alloy.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
if your bike isn't covered in dirt, grease, rust and aluminum oxide you're a fuckin tryhard

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Collateral Damage posted:

Maybe he's just Dutch.

I see you've met Dutch people before.

Coydog posted:

I am not, because it's not the aesthetic I am going for, and will seem "too much" on my ktm. My buddy has a pristine black CBR with blue anodized fittings/everything, that he dailys, and it looks fantastic. You seem very angry about the whole thing, though.

:thejoke:

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Buhbuhj posted:

I take a wider line if the other lane is occupied

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Do you squeak like a bat to detect objects around blind corners?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

nsaP posted:

I take a wider line if the other lane is occupied

Worked well for Yaminoob.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I think it's funny that for all the poo poo yall are giving nsaP for his line, nobody has mentioned that he's filming his rear end.