Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tom Perez B/K/M?
This poll is closed.
B 77 25.50%
K 160 52.98%
M 65 21.52%
Total: 229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Main Paineframe posted:

It's representative of the larger problem: Dems being more concerned with being nice to Republicans than with helping Americans.

I get that, but getting all mad about this one particular thing is dumb, because it's just an expression of basic humanity.

I'm not one of those people who yells at posters advocating his death, I advocate it too, but the rules are different for Congresspeople.

They voted no, they did their part to try to help Americans. The GOP won a huge election, they're going to pass some stuff. Long game, y'all, long game.

call to action posted:

People who don't vote, need healthcare, and known an rear end in a top hat when they see one.

People who don't vote tend to not just start voting out of nowhere. If they are motivated to vote, it's due to what the GOP does and not whether or not some Dems clapped.

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jul 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

WampaLord posted:

Who are these mythical people who would vote Dem because they didn't clap for him? Do you think anyone other than us weirdos are watching C-SPAN on a Tuesday afternoon?

People who don't vote, need healthcare, and known an rear end in a top hat when they see one.

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

WampaLord posted:

They voted no, they did their part to try to help Americans. The GOP won a huge election, they're going to pass some stuff. Long game, y'all, long game

bad dem in the flesh

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

NewForumSoftware posted:

bad dem in the flesh

gently caress you, you voted third party you loving idiot.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

WampaLord posted:

I get that, but getting all mad about this one particular thing is dumb, because it's just an expression of basic humanity.

I'm not one of those people who yells at posters advocating his death, I advocate it too, but the rules are different for Congresspeople.

Yeah and that's the problem. You want to know why Trump is President and Bernie almost won the Democratic primary? It's because they acted like normal loving human beings when confronted with the issues most Americans deal with; they got mad, loud and passionate.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

WampaLord posted:

People who don't vote tend to not just start voting out of nowhere. If they are motivated to vote, it's due to what the GOP does and not whether or not some Dems clapped.

Nice of you to reveal how the democratic party thinks

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

WampaLord posted:

gently caress you, you voted third party you loving idiot.

And? My state is/went blue ya dingus. Why would I vote for a slave owner?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Glazier posted:

Yeah and that's the problem. You want to know why Trump is President and Bernie almost won the Democratic primary? It's because they acted like normal loving human beings when confronted with the issues most Americans deal with; they got mad, loud and passionate.

Yes, but you have to pick your battles, and this is a stupid loving hill to die on.

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

WampaLord posted:

Yes, but you have to pick your battles, and this is a stupid loving hill to die on.

:ironicat:

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

WampaLord posted:

It's always "pick your battles" with you lot

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

WampaLord posted:

No you don't get it, for millions of people there's nothing but this, there is no moving on.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

WampaLord posted:

Dude, this is literally the opposite of reality.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

welp

https://twitter.com/C2Mhud/status/889953237729767424

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Lessail posted:

Okay, fine. Go ahead and spend six months calling every D congressperson and tell them to never ever clap for a GOP member again. Spend a lot of time and energy on that.

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

WampaLord posted:

Okay, fine. Go ahead and spend six months calling every D congressperson and tell them to never ever clap for a GOP member again. Spend a lot of time and energy on that.

i think you left your goalposts a few pages back

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Lessail posted:

And they still keep saying it even after it's become completely obvious that the dem establishment is too loving stupid to know what battles to pick.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

WampaLord posted:

You think a shift of thinking of those in the opposite party as enemies rather than cowokers is bad lol

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Lessail posted:

You think a shift of thinking of those in the opposite party as enemies rather than cowokers is bad lol

They voted against the motion to proceed

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

WampaLord posted:

Ahh yes the "just check my website" strategy

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

:peanut:

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Maybe we should should just let nuclear war happen and start this whole government thing over again, see if we can get it right on another playthrough.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

WampaLord posted:

I'm not gonna praise them like you do for clearing the lowest hurdle possible

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

WampaLord posted:

You're reverting to your old ways. You'll soon forget any lessons you learned from this election.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Shukaro posted:

Maybe we should should just let nuclear war happen and start this whole government thing over again, see if we can get it right on another playthrough.

Join the DSA

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Jizz Festival posted:

You're reverting to your old ways. You'll soon forget any lessons you learned from this election.

No, I won't, as you'll see from my posts going forward when this thread has a new topic to talk about.

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Shukaro posted:

Campaign on immediately hitting the "prestige" button upon winning the presidency

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

WampaLord posted:

No, I won't, as you'll see from my posts going forward when this thread has a new topic to talk about.

Here's a Good Democrat Throwing Shade that fits your obsession with decorum.

https://twitter.com/keithellison/status/889932034168303616

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

if i am the hundredth person to post that it's kind of funny that the dems got hogtied into applauding mccain as he returns last gasp style to end obamacare but not the part that covers senators do i get a prize

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

WampaLord posted:

This has nothing to do with what you're replying to, though?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

WampaLord posted:

yes they tried to put one pinky in a hole to stop the dam that's already ruptured due to them being worthless piles of trash

if they really cared they would have cut their weak yellow bellies open and bled out on the senate floor

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

WampaLord posted:

Do you not understand that the rules are different for these people?

You and I and any idiot on Twitter can go "gently caress McCain, he's a piece of poo poo, I wish he died" and that's all loving great.

If a Congressperson does that, they're gone. They're out, like, no questions asked they are going to lose their next election. Different things are different!

So "optics" is your angle here? It's bad optics for the Dems to clap, but if they had booed instead, that would be good optics that would win them lots of votes?

Reminder, they all voted against the motion. That is the important part, not the clapping.

Lmao. Just imagine I posted every Trump tweet prior to his General Election victory last November.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Shuka posted:

Only a complete sociopath would not applaud another a senators fight with cancer, on the senate floor.

Giving it more than 2 seconds consideration is a strong sign of being completely out of touch with humanity

l o loving l

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Shuka posted:

Only a complete sociopath would not applaud another a senators fight with cancer, on the senate floor.

Giving it more than 2 seconds consideration is a strong sign of being completely out of touch with humanity

*SoundCloud remix voice*

YOU THINK THIS IS A GAME?!?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
They wouldn't have applauded in UK parliament.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Meanwhile, in NJ

https://twitter.com/DSACNJ/status/889944164481327105

:3:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
The Republicans figured out that if you go on TV and say "this man's monstrous plan will kill millions and millions of people" then you kinda gotta act like you believe it or you just come off as a cynical opportunist.

After all the Death Panels stuff, Republicans weren't dumb enough to pal around with Obama on camera and say "well yea he's going to murder your grandma but I need a good committee assignment and new spending in my district, he's an existential threat to everything you know and love but you know what really matters? Decorum!"
That's not a compassionate human response. That's what you say about a plan to kill millions of people if you're either lying about what your opponents are doing or casually indifferent to human suffering.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

VitalSigns posted:

The Republicans figured out that if you go on TV and say "this man's monstrous plan will kill millions and millions of people" then you kinda gotta act like you believe it or you just come off as a cynical opportunist.

After all the Death Panels stuff, Republicans weren't dumb enough to pal around with Obama on camera and say "well yea he's going to murder your grandma but I need a good committee assignment and new spending in my district, he's an existential threat to everything you know and love but you know what really matters? Decorum!"
That's not a compassionate human response. That's what you say about a plan to kill millions of people if you're either lying about what your opponents are doing or casually indifferent to human suffering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWxX1qj2128

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

ted kennedy would've spent his life in jail if his name wasn't kennedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Just quadrupling down now eh?

• Locked thread