Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD
My guess for the new gun is a G36C/K

E: probably C. No one seems to like the K variant other than me.

Soarer fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jul 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mark David Chapman
Jul 25, 2011
Going off that they've used free weapons from UR4 pack I'll guess the CX-4 Carbine. It provides a semi- auto early rifle and has access to the most common ammo with 9mm.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

drat son using a controller to play vs mouse and keyboard users, a well earned win

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Snapes N Snapes posted:

You need to play the game more!

I'll inform my wife and son of our new arrangement.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

DoctorJones posted:

I'm having same issue, I found this but haven't been able to test it yet:

Deleting it doesn't appear to work, but I'm going to keep poking at it.

revolther
May 27, 2008

Kamikaze Raider posted:

Late game the circle starts to do so much damage that it's impossible for a player to survive more than a few seconds.

Red zones can appear in areas that it would be physically impossible for a player to be because the amount of damage you'd have to live through to be there is beyond anything you could heal through.
Yeah but that's not "in the blue" as stated, that's outside the blue.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Is spectating going to be added eventually? I don't see it anywhere in the FP. I'd really like to know how the guy who killed me does after me.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Is spectating going to be added eventually? I don't see it anywhere in the FP. I'd really like to know how the guy who killed me does after me.

They want to add full game replays where you can follow anyone around and see what they did.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Trabisnikof posted:

They want to add full game replays where you can follow anyone around and see what they did.

They should stop worrying so much about ghosting and add a kill cam. I'd love to see some of the wacky places I've been camped from.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

DrNutt posted:

They should stop worrying so much about ghosting and add a kill cam. I'd love to see some of the wacky places I've been camped from.
I'd like a camera pan over to the general direction you were killed from.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i'd say like roughly half of my deaths are in situations where i couldn't even give a cardinal direction where i was being shot fro, especially when you're down to the last forty or so and anyone who isn't gonna die has a suppressed ar already.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
The reason for a post match replay of the whole match is two-fold. It's gives everyone a lot of cool information and video. By being postmatch no one can use it to "cheat" to help friends or squadmates.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Warbird posted:

Deleting it doesn't appear to work, but I'm going to keep poking at it.

I attempted "breaking" the file by messing with the syntax of the contents, went through all the GameUserSettings.ini content, and looked into the Windows controller control panel. There doesn't seem to be a practical way to temp disable the rumble short of physically unplugging the controller at this time. I tossed a bug report up on their forums, so we'll see what happens there.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

cosmicjim posted:

The reason for a post match replay of the whole match is two-fold. It's gives everyone a lot of cool information and video. By being postmatch no one can use it to "cheat" to help friends or squadmates.

The incidence of this sort of thing happening in solo has to be so rate it's not worth making huge gameplay decisions based on it. I mean, are people really making the effort to discord up with randoms, or alternatively joining and quitting games enough to get in with their buddies?

Sorry if I didn't make it more clear I was really only talking about solo. I don't think I've ever been killed in squad and not seen where it came from because you generally have your team looking out for you.

But yeah, even a slow pan over to where the shots came from would be fine.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

DrNutt posted:

The game despawns players/cars a few seconds after you die anyway unless you spectate right away, pan the camera then so even then all you can tell buddies 10 seconds after you died that someone was in the hills over there somewhere.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

TheFonz posted:

How is the SVD distinct enough from the SKS to warrant inclusion.

When we have 20 of each type of weapon sure, but at this point there are at least 20 rifles I would prefer as they would be more distinct than the SVD in the current Meta.

Also, gimme the American 180.

It could come with a 4x PSO scope like the VSS does, given that it's standard issue on both of them. Not really a rifle but I'd love to see an RPK added, or something ridiculous like the VKS(think .50cal bolt action VSS).

Trabisnikof posted:

I want to see what the server thinks is happening during the early game lag where people can get rubberbanded about.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
Okay so we can settle for a kill cam?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Shima Honnou posted:

IRL or in the game itself? 'Cause IRL the SKS is just a semi-auto AK with a small magazine, calling it a DMR is a video game thing, it's just a self-loading rifle not too far removed from the US's Garand.

The SVD is essentially a semi-auto Mosin with a larger magazine.

Left is what SVD and Mosin use, right is what SKS and AK use.

The niche for the SVD would be semi-auto Kar98.

No, you don't get it man. The cheap plastic stock adds accuracy.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

lohli posted:

I want to see what the server thinks is happening during the early game lag where people can get rubberbanded about.
:aaa:
Oh gently caress yeah I never thought of that.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

One thing i absolutely adore is the absolute clusterfuck when blue circle completely fucks you over and over and still managing to somehow survive. this bike was my MVP, was completely expecting to get shot off this rolling death trap everytime i got into it riding into the fights. https://clips.twitch.tv/PuzzledHotWaspCclamChamp

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I'll be starting up a list of people in Discord who shouldn't be allowed to drive. Probably !donotdrive or !dnd. Go ahead and send me nominations for bad drivers who will get your entire squad killed. Attach video evidence if possible.

accipter
Sep 12, 2003

VulgarandStupid posted:

I'll be starting up a list of people in Discord who shouldn't be allowed to drive. Probably !donotdrive or !dnd. Go ahead and send me nominations for bad drivers who will get your entire squad killed. Attach video evidence if possible.

Keep Linstar out if the drivers seat.

Evidence: Asian.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

People continue to underestimate my ability to sit patiently in a corner until they come down to look for me and get shot in the back. I landed in an apartment building in North Georgopol and a dude landed on the building next to me. I grabbed an S686 and ran to his building. He heard me come in and he was clunking around in the stairwell. I ran into the right-side room, opened the far right door the ran into the kitchen so I could see him coming. Sure enough after a minute of silence he slooowly crept downstairs. He saw the open door and charged into the room. I gave him both barrels in the back and looted in peace.

Sort of related, in 120 rounds I haven't crashed. Today I crashed twice. Both times I landed in North Georgopol, looted for a few minutes then ran across the west bridge. And both times within 30 seconds of getting into the town on the other side of the bridge I crashed. Anyone else getting that? I've been there plenty without crashing before.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

DrNutt posted:

The incidence of this sort of thing happening in solo has to be so rate it's not worth making huge gameplay decisions based on it. I mean, are people really making the effort to discord up with randoms, or alternatively joining and quitting games enough to get in with their buddies?

Sorry if I didn't make it more clear I was really only talking about solo. I don't think I've ever been killed in squad and not seen where it came from because you generally have your team looking out for you.

The problem is perception is more important than reality.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
love getting killed by burst

seriously why is this even on smgs? has it ever done anything besides get people killed?

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

VulgarandStupid posted:

We need to distinguish between legit bad drivers (people taking a tour through the blue zone for no reason) and people making some sweet air who might accidentally flip a car in the process.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

cosmicjim posted:

The problem is perception is more important than reality.

"Clearly there were three solo players that grouped up to kill me!" :rant: *wanders into an open clearing which is in view of several houses and a cluster of trees* "Why are they just focusing on me and not attacking each other??? Clearly they are cheating!"

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

Doobie Keebler posted:

People continue to underestimate my ability to sit patiently in a corner

Thrilling plays.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to

tehinternet posted:

We need to distinguish between legit bad drivers (people taking a tour through the blue zone for no reason) and people making some sweet air who might accidentally flip a car in the process.

Add like an asterisk or something for players who have a history of tk-ing while shooting from a vehicle so you know who not to sit next to.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
the first circle you can't easily tank with good resources is 700ish metres in diameter. i don't think i've ever seen a red zone spawn after that circle is blue

the red zone is a kilometer wide. i'm pretty sure it doesn't spawn that late or you'd get games where it covers the entire safe zone

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jul 26, 2017

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

lmao wow. Glad I paid 30 bucks for a free to play game.

e: I've already got my 30 dollars of enjoyment out of it for sure, I just think that's a ridiculously scummy business model is all.

e2: I went ahead and made some art, ya'll. https://youtu.be/jznZDDH5MUk

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Jul 26, 2017

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

cant wait for playerunknowns luckey palmer moment.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

DrNutt posted:

Every decision made in this video is the absolute worst one possible. Congrats.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

DrNutt posted:

lmao wow. Glad I paid 30 bucks for a free to play game.

e: I've already got my 30 dollars of enjoyment out of it for sure, I just think that's a ridiculously scummy business model is all.

Am I missing anything? It's only the crates which will cost extra, the game will still cost 30$ or so.

Though really going with these microtransactions after the game already made them a hundred million dollars is a bit too greedy, imo.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Am I missing anything? It's only the crates which will cost extra, the game will still cost 30$ or so.

Though really going with these microtransactions after the game already made them a hundred million dollars is a bit too greedy, imo.

Yeah no, that's all I really meant. Like, if it was like Overwatch and you got a slow trickle for free but could whale out if you were inclined, I pretty much wouldn't have any problem with that.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

emanresu tnuocca posted:

they already said that monetization would happen once the game was released and that turns out not to be the case and are doing it in early access

just a series of stupid decisions from PU, reminds me of H1Z1 and how things progressively just got worse

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I can only manage to kill one or two people at best... most of the time I die with no kills. Is this normal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Can't understand why they wouldn't continue with the system they have now with the option to purchase crates or keys or whatever the gently caress. Non paying players are content for your paying players

• Locked thread