Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Cythereal posted:

I doubt it. The alt-right isn't going away and is steadily getting older.

The future of the GOP is probably less religious, but they're no less racist, sexist, and FYGM/HENRY.

Yeah, I always figured gen-x or gen-y or the millennials (not sure which one of those I'm in) would go left

Turns out, no we didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

syscall girl posted:

Yeah, I always figured gen-x or gen-y or the millennials (not sure which one of those I'm in) would go left

Turns out, no we didn't.

Nah, we did. I sincerely believe that majority of the young voting blocs do lean left, but there were a couple things at play going into the election (that part has been re-ligated endlessly, so let's leave it at that). It's just that neo-nazis are REALLY loud. That, or it's just subconscious bias talking. You don't notice the street lights are there (read: the left) until one burns out or is flickering (neo-nazis).

iospace has a new favorite as of 21:19 on Jul 25, 2017

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

syscall girl posted:

Turns out, no we didn't.

It's the older generations not dying off like they need to. Right now we have Silent, Boomers, Gen X, and Millennials all at once. The Boomers just refuse to realize that they're dying and are just going to burn the house down rather than relinquish it to anyone else.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

The rear end in a top hat referenced in this tweet is my senator. We never stood a chance:

https://twitter.com/VaughnHillyard/status/889602204826562564

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_jRRbuVD1w&t=53s

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

https://www.reddit.com/r/peoplefuckingdying

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

syscall girl posted:

Turns out, no we didn't.

Its like every generation. The younger one rebels against the older one in their youthful exuberance, only to pivot when they become the older generation.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

SpacePig posted:

I think it varies by state, but I think normal protocol is supposed to be either get them to volunteer to put it back, or call the cops when they leave. I can't watch the video with sound at work, and the auto subtitles are garbage. Can someone explain to me whether this guy had reason to believe the woman stole? Is this another race thing?

I once had a wal-mart lp dude try to stop me to search my cart on the way out and he kept moving to stand in front of me and reach into my cart. I told him that if he didn't let me leave, I would call the police for illegally detaining me and if he touched any of my purchased items that was theft and that if he feels I am a thief he can call the police and I'd deal with them. I then walked out. He probably just didn't want to deal with my bullshit.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

MisterBibs posted:

Its like every generation. The younger one rebels against the older one in their youthful exuberance, only to pivot when they become the older generation.
Not so much pivoting, but that what was considered progressive in your grandparents' day (say interracial marriage) becomes the norm and then the kids want gay marriage and grandpa and grandma are like "now wait a goldurn minute"

Like that cartoon with the old man calling pets pets and the kid is horrified.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

omnibobb posted:

I once had a wal-mart lp dude try to stop me to search my cart on the way out and he kept moving to stand in front of me and reach into my cart. I told him that if he didn't let me leave, I would call the police for illegally detaining me and if he touched any of my purchased items that was theft and that if he feels I am a thief he can call the police and I'd deal with them. I then walked out. He probably just didn't want to deal with my bullshit.

That's SOP at Costco

The people at the exit compare your receipt with what's in your cart.

The good thing I can say about Costco is that they pay their employees a living wage. Some of their bulk items are cheaper than buying them at another store and some are a rip-off. Nevertheless they treat their workers well.

Very much unlike wal*mart

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Rick Perry took a 20 minute call about pig manure with a Russian prankster pretending to be the Ukrainian PM.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/889967011765374980

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

SubponticatePoster posted:

Not so much pivoting, but that what was considered progressive in your grandparents' day (say interracial marriage) becomes the norm and then the kids want gay marriage and grandpa and grandma are like "now wait a goldurn minute"

Like that cartoon with the old man calling pets pets and the kid is horrified.

What we lost over the years was worker's rights. Social issues like legalization of weed, gay marriage, getting your transgender on your driver's license are mostly okay now.

People like Mitt Romney are all about destroying factories.

And then Detroit, Cleveland, Cincinnati and some other east-coast cities were wrecked from neglect purely on the issue of racial hatred.

Those weren't accidents and there is no freud hearing their stories.

I'm sure the GOP would like to nuke Chicago as well.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Burning_Monk posted:

Rick Perry took a 20 minute call about pig manure with a Russian prankster pretending to be the Ukrainian PM.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/889967011765374980

He can't even collude with the Russians correctly.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Where are you allowed to freely pee in the street?

bad news bareback
Jan 16, 2009

BrianBoitano posted:

Dude doesn't fall in line and doesn't always vote party lines.

This post is shadenfreude as gently caress. How loving stupid are you?

bad news bareback
Jan 16, 2009

Toys For Twats posted:

John McCain is an American hero, lol at you wishing death on him just because you disagree with his politics.

Also shadenfreude because the son of an admiral made pilot (a lovely one) then went on a single mission that he thought would be like shooting fish in a barrel during an illegal war. Our country is such poo poo.

bad news bareback has a new favorite as of 01:24 on Jul 26, 2017

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

We Know Catheters posted:

China, you can also poo poo freely in the street, or even inside buildings.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Baronjutter posted:

China, you can also poo poo freely in the street, or even inside buildings.

I can't think of any country where there is a law against making GBS threads inside buildings to be fair. Indoor making GBS threads is often considered very much the norm.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

We Know Catheters posted:

New Orleans

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

SiKboy posted:

I can't think of any country where there is a law against making GBS threads inside buildings to be fair. Indoor making GBS threads is often considered very much the norm.

You're still thinking two or perhaps 3 dimensions, pooping indoors yes but not in a bathroom or even a toilet. China is playing 4d chess compared to your simplistic 2.5d checkers with their making GBS threads game. Potted plants, fountains, hallways, garbage cans, anywhere is fair game, indoors or outdoors, up or down, in or out at any point in both time or space.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

What an odd trick.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
Paul Joseph Watson has made a career out of being a fish in a barrel but it's still very satisfying to watch him getting slapped so hard his mouth flies around his head like Daffy Duck's beak.

https://twitter.com/vadimnewquist/status/889930429591171073

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

Howard Beale posted:

Paul Joseph Watson has made a career out of being a fish in a barrel but it's still very satisfying to watch him getting slapped so hard his mouth flies around his head like Daffy Duck's beak.

Holy poo poo, that's the good stuff right there. Just mainline that right into my veins.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Scarf posted:

What an odd trick.

I feel like this guy is drunk or otherwise out of his gourd and imagines that knocking away the table will mean that he'll keep floating there.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
From the college football thread:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

From the college football thread:

That's loving hilarious. I can't imagine how that bad that stung.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Solice Kirsk posted:

That's loving hilarious. I can't imagine how that bad that stung.

He spends like 80% of that jump in "Oh gently caress I'm going to belly flop hard" mode. It's beautiful.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Howard Beale posted:

Mmm, fresh and tasty.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

steinrokkan posted:

Those are the probable reasons, but the extinction happened so fast that nobody expected it, it took place as an unintended byproduct of other changes rather than a real extermination campaign.

That is loving horseshit because most of the entomology departments in land-grant universities in the USA were explicitly founded to exterminate locusts and there are many ways by which they were intentionally eradicated. Don't read loving wiki articles for information.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Howard Beale posted:

That's the good poo poo right there.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Pick posted:

That is loving horseshit because most of the entomology departments in land-grant universities in the USA were explicitly founded to exterminate locusts and there are many ways by which they were intentionally eradicated. Don't read loving wiki articles for information.

Well whatever you do, don't offer helpful alternatives to clear any misinformation. Just be real angry at everything.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

funmanguy posted:

Well whatever you do, don't offer helpful alternatives to clear any misinformation. Just be real angry at everything.

He managed to do both those things

johnnyratbastard
Nov 9, 2012

quote:

An arab man with a knife on the Spanish-Moroccan border, shouting 'Allahu Akbar'.

http://i.imgur.com/CXloJ93.mp4

EKDS5k
Feb 22, 2012

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU LET YOUR BEER FREEZE, DAMNIT

syscall girl posted:

That's SOP at Costco

The people at the exit compare your receipt with what's in your cart.

The good thing I can say about Costco is that they pay their employees a living wage. Some of their bulk items are cheaper than buying them at another store and some are a rip-off. Nevertheless they treat their workers well.

Very much unlike wal*mart

At Costco you explicitly agree to having your purchases and bags checked on the way out when you buy a membership and shop there.

FWIW in Canada, LP can detain you, but they have to have seen you with their own eyes take something off a shelf and then leave the store, and you have to have been in line of sight the entire time. And even then they can only call you out on not paying; if you give the item back it's not theft and they no longer have a reason to detain you.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Gum posted:

He managed to do both those things

No he didn’t.

Everyone acknowledges that various groups wanted to exterminate the locusts and tried various methods to deal with them.

The disagreement is over whether the extinction can be traced directly to these efforts or not.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Always weird to see cops in places where the first reaction to a potential threat is something other than a hail of bullets.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Probably could have bopped him with his baton, but I very much appreciate the swag approach the officer took.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

Probably could have bopped him with his baton, but I very much appreciate the swag approach the officer took.

That seems exactly the situation a taser is made for but that barrier thing is a perfect weight/shape to just knock the guy over so they could rush him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Are we for or against the police itt?