Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

infernal machines posted:

how is the solution to the issue "make the phone really hot"?

look up xbox 360 towel trick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
lmao, they're doing a bga reflow while the thing is running?

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

continuous reflow is certainly one way to make sure no solder has an opportunity to crack

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
ah, the good ol' days when lovely engineers blamed lead-free solder for the 360 constantly failing when it was actually the hardware design at fault

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

when the phone is really hot it can't use the fast cores because they generate too much heat. apparently the bug doesn't happen when only running on the slow cores

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
wow, that's even better than the live bga reflow somehow.

jfc.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

The Management posted:

when the phone is really hot it can't use the fast cores because they generate too much heat. apparently the bug doesn't happen when only running on the slow cores

this is simultaneously stupider and smarter than trying to reflow solder

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Anroid.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sometimes I miss having an iPhone, but, then again, you have to pay $100 per 8GB of space

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Larry Parrish posted:

Sometimes I miss having an iPhone, but, then again, you have to pay $100 per 8GB of space

hello this is 2007 speaking, go away from me

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Larry Parrish posted:

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Larry Parrish posted:

nice capital letters

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Larry Parrish posted:

:confused: I only paid $260 for my 64gb SE

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

my boss's nexus died from bootloop yesterday lmbo

pram
Jun 10, 2001
you should tell him 'andoid bitch'

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

pram posted:

you should tell him 'andoid bitch'

'ayn rand bitch'

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mister Facetious posted:

Badly laid out if you ask me, but there's more customization options, so you can really dial in your preference.
Supposedly they were going for an Apple style layout (no app drawer by default, but you can turn it back on), there's a lot of white menus, except they Androided it up.
It's a phone for spergs that really like fiddling with options until everything is juust the way they want it.

The in-house apps include a file manager, and a trashcan that holds apps for 24 hours before deleting them permanently, or you can empty it manually.
Bloatware included Facebook, Instagram, and Evernote. Disabling hides them.

Notification numbers next to icons won't go away if you just swipe the notification, you actually need to look at it in app, which is annoying if you like a really clean main screen.
No notification LED, which was one of my favorite N5 features, but it has double tap to wake, so there's that.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Speaking of, why on earth can't you delete the pre-installed apps from either Androids or iPhones. Some of those are just loving garbage, or totally useless, or both.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Larry Parrish posted:

Speaking of, why on earth can't you delete the pre-installed apps from either Androids or iPhones. Some of those are just loving garbage, or totally useless, or both.

Companies pay to have their garbage pre-installed on phones, just like McCaffee pays HP to pre-install their poo poo on Windows computers.

Luckily Google made a way to disable apps which is almost as good as uninstalling it. If you want, you can root and completely uninstall anything you want.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

um, you can? on ios the only apps that can't be removed are the dialer, app store, messages, safari, and wallet

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

yeah iOS relaxed their policy on not letting you delete first party preinstalls.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

df-dferh-01 lomarf

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

um, you can? on ios the only apps that can't be removed are the dialer, app store, messages, safari, and wallet

you can delete them except the ones you can't

(also you're not actually deleting them anyway, just removing the icon)

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
this android, sure sounds like a piece of work!!

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Stymie posted:

you can delete them except the ones you can't

(also you're not actually deleting them anyway, just removing the icon)

who loving cares

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Last Chance posted:

who loving cares

not tim or johnny ives, that's for sure

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
most apps are a thin shell around frameworks. those can't be deleted because other apps depend on them, so deleting the app doesn't get you much more than removing the icon.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

or: why you can't uninstall internet explorer

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

apple, now on par with microsoft circa 2001

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
not true. you could save file attachments in Windows

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

in this thread, a bunch of nerds are mad they can't uninstall the phone from their phone

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

carry on then posted:

in this thread, a bunch of nerds are mad they can't uninstall the phone from their phone

android comes with 7 worthless google apps

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
just creat a folder called trash and drag and drop the apps you dont want and yourself inside it

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

just creat a folder called trash and put your phone in it

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

just creat a folder called trash and drag and drop the apps you dont want and yourself inside it

I can't that where I keep my important documents

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://twitter.com/evleaks/status/892167245740347393

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Needs more girth, that will never be satisfying

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

is there going to be another regular black, or is midnight all we're getting?

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

I can imagine darker things than midnight, like Finnish midnight, the black and end all black

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
awaiting the problematic "thugg black" edition