Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
He's definitely 1st Team All-Sam Cassell weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Dude looks like a corrupted/unfinished Grant Hill clone.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Dejan Bimble posted:

The Suns are lucking into tank mode over an unprecedented timespan

They could actually be some sort of team in 3 years or so

Man I sure hope so because looking at the West as it now its really depressing because it feels like we never will be good or win ever again :smith:

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
So, any solid rumors about Irving?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Wait so that random twitter dude DIDN'T have inside info about Melo being traded???

WHAT THE gently caress

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/890194827673055233

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Waiters just got $52m/4, Hardaway Jr got $71m/4, and Snell just got $46m/4.

Crabbe is better than Snell and Waiters and about on the level of Hardaway Jr. Crabbe's remaining deal is $57m/3, which is a bit more reasonable than it was last summer.

Also the Nets got rid of Nicholson's $18m/3 deal, which means they effectively got Crabbe for the same price as Waiters or Snell. Which would you rather have?

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Is anyone going to sign Nerlens? Man him and his agent really miscalculated on this offseason. I feel like with a good attitude the Sixers would have signed him for like 4-5 years/$16M a year as a very expensive backup. Wonder what he's looking at now?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

RCarr posted:

Wait so that random twitter dude DIDN'T have inside info about Melo being traded???

WHAT THE gently caress

No piss tape no Melo deal the name Steele is mud now

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
The piss tape is real.

I am more sure of that than anything else in my sad pathetic life.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Crabbe is better than Snell and Waiters

Crabbe is not better than dion

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Can't wait for non contract year Waiters to be back.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Dexo posted:

The piss tape is real.

I am more sure of that than anything else in my sad pathetic life.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I would rather keep Kyrie and hope for the 1% chance the Warriors catch the plague

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I enjoy C-SPAM basically being this thread's second home

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

C-SPAM is corny as hell

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/kirkgoldsberry/status/890227241753477120

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Man. I wish I was any good at front end development

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Dexo posted:

Man. I wish I was any good at front end development

I think all the developer job openings require front end work: http://nbateamjobs.teamworkonline.com/teamwork/jobs/jobskey.cfm?s=developer

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Kibner posted:

I think all the developer job openings require front end work: http://nbateamjobs.teamworkonline.com/teamwork/jobs/jobskey.cfm?s=developer

http://nbateamjobs.m.teamworkonline.com/Jobdetail.aspx?j=109352

:thunk:

This I could do.

Edit:

:laffo:

quote:

Stay Ahead of the Competition

With MVP Access you get "insider" information on when your application was reviewed, how many candidates applied, blue ribbon insignia as a serious candidate, weekly career coaching tips, plus links to load your application.

MVP Access applications are viewed 9x more frequently than non-MVP applicants (based on data from 2011 - 2013).

See Job Insights, when you upgrade to MVP Access...

$5 per month +$59.99 activation fee (non-refundable)

Hahahahhaha gently caress off

Dexo fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jul 26, 2017

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have such an interest in stats, particularly NBA that I think I'm definitely going to pursue one of these kind of jobs (in 2 years, w a degree in hand). Any of you butts that do that sort of work mind PMing me some details? Like things to really focus on?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

it's pretty great how this thread's politics (and nba twitter's politics as well (except for good ol PFZ)) hew close to C-SPAM's.

Dexo posted:

This I could do.

Edit:

hahahahahahahaha what. this is late capitalism as gently caress

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

:vince:

I wish the editing was done a bit better so you could see the knife at Lebron's throat, but I'll let it slide for a lovely twitter photoshop. Holy poo poo that killed me and made my day.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Of course I can't find the tweet right now, but apparently the Pacers repeatedly tried to get Kyrie off the Cavs for PG and the Cavs countered with Love.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

pubic works project posted:

Of course I can't find the tweet right now, but apparently the Pacers repeatedly tried to get Kyrie off the Cavs for PG and the Cavs countered with Love.

A ton of the talking heads have been confirming this too, Basically confirms that as of a few weeks ago the Cavs had no idea that Kyrie wanted out until the demand happened.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Dexo posted:

This I could do.

Edit:

lol, yeah. I signed up for the "future opening notification" thing just now for the NOLA area but I definitely did not opt into that subscription garbage.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
They probably black out any openings in your area anyway thanks to their local partnerships with headhunters

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Kibner posted:

lol, yeah. I signed up for the "future opening notification" thing just now for the NOLA area but I definitely did not opt into that subscription garbage.

But dude. Blue Ribbon, and you get a count of how many people are applying for the job you aren't going to get. Hell they might even split the total count between the MVPs, and the lets call them "poors".

You obviously aren't NBA team web developer material. You Lack the look. The Mamba mentality, "It"(willingness to spend $65 to get out of the HR filter)

Dexo fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jul 26, 2017

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Intruder posted:

They probably black out any openings in your area anyway thanks to their local partnerships with headhunters

I'm in Central IL, but I see Bulls stuff, their only openings for for like producers and editors it seems though.

vvvv I'm dumb :smith:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Dexo posted:

I'm in Central IL, but I see Bulls stuff, their only openings for for like producers and editors it seems though.

I was just making a League Pass joke

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Intruder posted:

Stop making jokes!

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Jack's Flow posted:

He's definitely 1st Team All-Sam Cassell weird.

If he had different ears, no one would think he was weird looking

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Dexo posted:

vvvv I'm dumb :smith:

Don't worry; I didn't get it, either. Not sure if I would be willing to move for one of these jobs, tbh. My house is already paid off and I have no long-term debt and quite like where I live so it would be a hard sell.

Now, if they let me work remotely and just have to fly in once a month or something...

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Intruder posted:

I got it, it was funny

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

the mean lunch lady posted:

If he had different ears, no one would think he was weird looking

Hmm, yes, if he had [different facial features] he wouldn't look weird. Good call.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I can't believe how many posters in this thread want to gently caress Allan Crabbe

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

ButtWolf posted:

I have such an interest in stats, particularly NBA that I think I'm definitely going to pursue one of these kind of jobs (in 2 years, w a degree in hand). Any of you butts that do that sort of work mind PMing me some details? Like things to really focus on?

I don't do anything fun like NBA, but I run a Data Science team in a post-sales B2B software organization and have hired BAs, Data engineers, Data Scientists, etc. I'll send you a PM.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

zoux posted:

I can't believe how many posters in this thread want to gently caress Allan Crabbe

But then you'd get Crabbes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Don't work for the NBA unless you hate money and free time. From what I've seen they chew people up and spit them out, most people tend to last 5 years max. Maybe that's different in an analytics department though.

• Locked thread