Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

Thundercloud posted:

Just to confirm, what is the format for the September trip to Warhammer World? I need to get stuff painted and decide which army to take.

Not sure this is happening any more mate due to table availability - JackMack?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

Raphus C posted:

Xpost:

Here is a group of 3 dredds:

3 dredds and a mega dredd:

3 dredds, a mega-dredd and a Gorkanaut type thingy:

This is a very good post.

JoshTheStampede posted:

Hey Sex Cannon, you and SRM wouldn't happen to want a roommate for adepticon, would you? Just got the go ahead from the wife about a week late to get my own room.

We'd have to talk about it, but if we said yup it'd be floor space only.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Lord Twisted posted:

Not sure this is happening any more mate due to table availability - JackMack?

Latest was we have tables available on the 9th September - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3824610

I think the plan was 75 Power, Battle Forged?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Liquid Communism posted:

I have to admit the chapter challenge is tempting me to build a Primaris force for pickup games while I spend approximately forever getting all ten million models for my Okrs converted and painted.

This is exactly what I am doing.

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum

Zark the Damned posted:

Latest was we have tables available on the 9th September - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3824610

More Nottingham goons, or are people having a trip over?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Apparently Tom Kirby is stepping down as of mid-September. I can't remember is he the Otiose in a Niche guy or was that Roundtree?

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Apparently Tom Kirby is stepping down as of mid-September. I can't remember is he the Otiose in a Niche guy or was that Roundtree?

I think that quote was in a financial report and thus uncredited but people attribute it to Kirby all the time.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
So for my Thousand Sons army I feel safe in the number of troops and HQs I have, so now im looking at some artillery stuff. Between forgefiend, chaos predator and chaos vindicator what are the pros and cons of each?

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
I'm thinking that until my bigmarine army is on its feet, I'll attach an Iron Hands spearhead detachment with my techmarine and 3 predators. That way I can focus on filling out my intercessors and inceptors instead of having to go straight for a repulsor and redemptor and other heavy poo poo to deal with vehicles.

Thinking I'll go with Imperial Fists for my chapter tactics. Until I get a repulsor, I can set aggressors up with boltstorm and double-tap with bolter drill.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

RagnarokAngel posted:

So for my Thousand Sons army I feel safe in the number of troops and HQs I have, so now im looking at some artillery stuff. Between forgefiend, chaos predator and chaos vindicator what are the pros and cons of each?

The Vindicator is the worst of these with the nerfs to template weapons. The Forgefiend and Predator are pretty close: the Predator has a better chance to hit and more shots but the Forgefiend has better guns, an invulnerable save, and regens a wound each turn.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
This better be what it looks like. :colbert:

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
The loyalist vindicator is being dropped to 135 points, which makes it pretty fantastic because it's a T8 vehicle. I imagine the chaos one will be the same.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

That sure does look like a lasgun. Hope this means new Guard.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Which particular pattern is that? It's on the edge of my brain but I just can't remember for the life of me.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
It reminds me of a Voss pattern, steel legion. A little different though. Might be a laspistol.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

JoshTheStampede posted:

I think that quote was in a financial report and thus uncredited but people attribute it to Kirby all the time.

It was in the strategic report in 13/14. The CEO doesn't necessarily write it in full in every company, but given the idiosyncratic style of the GW reports, I'd be willing to bet he did. Whatever the case, it's his name at the bottom.

Also:

quote:

...following the AGM, Tom will be appointed a consultant to the Company for a period of 12 months.

He just cannot get his loving snout out of the trough, wow.

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Plastic Rough Riders perhaps?

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Corrode posted:

It was in the strategic report in 13/14. The CEO doesn't necessarily write it in full in every company, but given the idiosyncratic style of the GW reports, I'd be willing to bet he did. Whatever the case, it's his name at the bottom.

Also:

He just cannot get his loving snout out of the trough, wow.

It would not surprise me if that consulting gig was part of his contract.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
Whats a good brand of black primer that I can get online quickly in the uk, off amazon or such?

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Artum posted:

Whats a good brand of black primer that I can get online quickly in the uk, off amazon or such?

This is what I use:

https://www.amazon.com/Vallejo-Blac...=vallejo+primer

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

goose willis posted:

I'm regretting not purchasing GW stock around the time of the edition announcement

:magical: gently caress, my retirement portfolio could use a boost like that.

Photos are headed out in emails to all who request. Dark Angels still going, but most vehicles seem to be claimed. Lots of mans, some of which don't even have to be DAngels--plenty of just plain Tac Marines!

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

It's on it's side:

New Choppa confirmed.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Aleth posted:

It's on it's side:

New Choppa confirmed.

This too is acceptable.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
Given that you can see the trigger guard, I've seen speculation that this is an inquisitors pistol (which would align better with grey knights being the next codex).

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I think it's probably a pistol, but why would a laspistol need a longer barrel? :psyduck:

Other than looks, of course.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Laser based weaponry would probably not even need to look like a modern firearm at all but its so ingrained in us "this is what a gun looks like".

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Scrunt las-carbine.

Looking forward to dwarves in space!

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

LingcodKilla posted:

Scrunt las-carbine.

Looking forward to dwarves in space!

My first thought as well.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

bonds0097 posted:

Given that you can see the trigger guard, I've seen speculation that this is an inquisitors pistol (which would align better with grey knights being the next codex).

Considering they'll release spoilers for stuff not due out for months (see, that little pet dragon, the obvious Nurgle slug thing and the like that were posted back in January/Febuary) I don't see that.

My guess is some plastic Steel Legion dudes.

Or it could just be some gubbinz on a new Ghazy's base.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

It reminds me a little of this old Jes Goodwin Imperial Guard artwork but that might just be wishful thinking:

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Artum posted:

You might find it difficult to get spray primer delivered as Royal Mail refuse to carry it.

If you're close to one, get Halfords black primer, best one I've ever used.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Obsolete Marines will now be armed with lasguns befitting their status.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Too much to go back and fix. May as well burn them for winter fuel.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

Z the IVth posted:

You might find it difficult to get spray primer delivered as Royal Mail refuse to carry it.

Seconding this. Their matt black is great.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
I will openly weep if its Guard.

We haven't had new plastic infantry in 14 years

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

Serotonin posted:

Seconding this. Their matt black is great.

Thirding although the Epsom store is adverse to stocking the black. The white, grey and red are all terrific as well.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

Zark the Damned posted:

Yes we have the Tau big table and the shrine smaller table. We can play multiple games on the big table, I think it is two or three bigger.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Yeast posted:

I will openly weep if its Guard.

We haven't had new plastic infantry in 14 years
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Imperial-Guard-Catachan-Command-Squad
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Imperial-Guard-Cadian-Command-Squad
:colbert:

I know what you mean though. I did a single squad of Catachans for Shadow War, using two command squad boxes as the base with some standard bits tossed in as well. My main takeaway was just how old the standard infantry box was and how badly it needs an update. They still have hilarious ape hands where the command squad sculpts are much more proportional. Well, as proportional as you can get with tiny space Rambos.

I really hope IG finally get a revamp or even a new variant. New IG variants would only need three boxes to cover the range; a command squad, a heavy weapons squad, and a standard infantry squad. Toss in some spare bits for tank commanders, sentinel pilots, etc. and you're done. Here's hoping. Plastic Steel Legion would tempt me more than I care to admit. Plastic Vostroyans would take all of my money.

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jul 26, 2017

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

It's lame that Abaddon, the villain of the setting and one of the main characters, has a model that's old enough to drink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

SRM posted:

It reminds me a little of this old Jes Goodwin Imperial Guard artwork but that might just be wishful thinking:

Plastic greatcoat guard would be fully sick but it'll never happen.

Z the IVth posted:

I think theres one within acceptable driving distance so I'll check it out thanks.