Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

if the patch is indeed about balance, rip in peace Black Adam.

Should be at 4 EST.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Would rather see Aquaman get nerfed into oblivion

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Would rather see Aquaman get nerfed into oblivion

Arthur Curry as well as Atrocitus are probably also on the chopping block in a few ways. NRS might also cater to people by taking a bat to aspects of Deadshot.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Adam is fine, only thing if he had to be tweaked is his damage, slightly.

I am happy with where all the strong characters are, just the truly bad characters need to be risen up like Grodd and Swampers.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Evil Canadian posted:

Adam is fine, only thing if he had to be tweaked is his damage, slightly.

I am happy with where all the strong characters are, just the truly bad characters need to be risen up like Grodd and Swampers.

Adam's damage needs to be tweaked a fuckload if only because he has answers to everything. Also, Riddle of the Mothafuckin' Sphinx.

Swamp Thing, Captain Cold, and Grodd could definitely use some love. Captain Cold needs some kind of overhauls i.e. more combos or inherent specials. I feel like if only his ice platform special was a default move he would be in a much better place.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Im quite the noob, so I could be wrong, but I feel like swamp's vine grabs should be mids and his combo links should be easier.

His corner game is amazing, but he has few ways to force his opponent into it.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Quick reactions to the patch details:
____

Swamp Thing: has armor on vines when on his carpet, carpet now comes out way faster. Gets more health.

Aquaman: no longer gets bounce on tentacle slam, has more negatives on certain combos.

Cyborg: "Nothing" lol

Catwoman: slight damage nerf, no bounceback on block b3, no armor on cat dash

Atrocitus: cat abilities take a little more energy to use, 422 puke combo is more punishable

Flash: lightning punch comes out faster, the running man's power dunk is safer on block, slo-mo damage is a teensy bit lower

Green Lantern: no changes

Harley: No changes

Batman: meter burn batarangs has more recovery frames, less advantageous to use now, damage adjustments on bats/grapple

Red Hood: Dive move is slower on startup now and less ridiculous

Superman: Flying Punch attack now has no armor + hits high, you can duck it now. Rising Grab has more recovery on whiff. Damage adjustments.

Joker: No changes.

Grodd: More defense/health. Damage adjustments. Stampede does more damage. Character power can be cancelled into psychic push quicker. Infinite combo was removed.

Cheetah: 223 combo safe on block. 332 combo better on block.

Deadshot: frames on certain close attacks slower now. no changes to his guns, lol

Poison Ivy: I forgot sorry

Supergirl: some damage adjustments to raise it a bit. Things like meter burn breath does damage.

Green Arrow: nothing

Dr. Fate: a bunch of weird convoluted poo poo about his ability, glyph attack less punishable on block

Blue Beetle: "good the way he is" LOL

Firestorm: nothing

Black Canary: many strings are safe on block now. many carthweel moves have better pushbacks. some more damage from a few combos.

Darkseid: PERFECT AS IS.

Wonder Woman: Quicker shield specials, some safer combo strings, shaved recovery from activating ability.

Black Adam: Damage lower across the board, Cloud special can be blocked late, needs to spend more meter to get better combos/damage.

Captain Cold: "easier combos" or some poo poo. Still won't be a viable pick lol.

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jul 25, 2017

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

lmao rip Black Adam.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

Poison Ivy: I forgot sorry

:negative:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

fadam posted:

lmao rip Black Adam.

he'll def still be very viable he just won't be braindead anymore

something was scaled down but I forgot, sorry have to hop on a train now so gently caress you, Robin/Braniac/Bane

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wtf no bounce back on b 3 for catwoman? That's a awesome combo starter

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

LOL Cyborg and Firestorm are still gonna be bad

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Welp RIP Catwoman, just as I was getting comfortable with her... I can live with making blocked b3 more punishable but her wakeup game is still poo poo and removing armor from Cat Dash doesn't help. Stoked for the Canary changes and I think the change to Red Hood dive was absolutely, utterly needed.

Bane, I'm assuming nothing as I didn't even see him listed?

Deadshot/Darkseid/Cpt Cold :lol:

strangemusic fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jul 25, 2017

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

strangemusic posted:

Welp RIP Catwoman. Stoked for the Canary changes and I think the change to Red Hood dive was absolutely, utterly needed.

That summary is really bad. Catwoman has less pushback on a blocked B3, and more recovery on a whiffed B3. Bane has a faster s1, more damage on some meter burn specials, and takes slightly less damage like Grodd and Swamp Thing.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

WarEternal posted:

Bane has a faster s1

OH THANK THE LORD

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Empress Brosephine posted:

Wtf no bounce back on b 3 for catwoman? That's a awesome combo starter

only if its blocked, so if you just throw it out now, you are gonna get punished hard.

strangemusic posted:

Welp RIP Catwoman, just as I was getting comfortable with her... I can live with making blocked b3 more punishable but her wakeup game is still poo poo and removing armor from Cat Dash doesn't help. Stoked for the Canary changes and I think the change to Red Hood dive was absolutely, utterly needed.

Deadshot/Darkseid/Cpt Cold :lol:

Whats so bad about her wake up? I mean she can still block, so its not like she's defenseless now.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Nothing about Scarecrow? (This is good)

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

MrJacobs posted:

only if its blocked, so if you just throw it out now, you are gonna get punished hard.

Whats so bad about her wake up? I mean she can still block, so its not like she's defenseless now.

In terms of answers to oki pressure that are not just blocking, DP is godawful so it's already a low percentage option. Trait used to be good on wakeup too, but they've removed invincibility from it as well as dropping armour from MB Cat Dash. Basically there are now a whole lot more situations in which you have to hold dat mixup etc. on wakeup with her.

strangemusic fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jul 25, 2017

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

WarEternal posted:

That summary is really bad

I was basically in a subway watching this so it's not like I had PRO CONTROLS. Anything not listed is because I went on the train so blame the MTA.

changes to Swamp Thing and Grodd are nice and I think toning down Supes/Adam is good too but they barely addressed why Blue Beetle and Captain Cold are really bad (low damage/bad combos, specials) so I guess Snart is just destined to be poo poo-tier forever. I wanted a meter nerf or something for Deadshot but they didn't give a gently caress.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs
Did they say when the patch goes live

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Deadshot doesn't even deserve the tiny nerf he got lol.

Glancing over it the nerfs seem mostly bad and the buffs seem mostly good. Wish they did more to Fate.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

fadam posted:

Deadshot doesn't even deserve the tiny nerf he got lol.

Glancing over it the nerfs seem mostly bad and the buffs seem mostly good. Wish they did more to Fate.

Superman and Black Adam absolutely deserve nerfs but it's mindboggling how they could skip over characters like Captain Cold and say "he's fine we added like one adjustment that's it fam" it's almost sad how badly Sub-Zero ate his lunch

Nova Odin
Jul 13, 2014

From another summary:

Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy's D2 is faster
Poison Ivy can D1 into a combo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Thanks! Ivy's anti-air was glacially slow so that first thing is actually a big deal. I don't know how much the D1 will come into play but that's nice.

Maybe I will pick up Black Canary with those changes too

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)
When they showed Black Adam's nerfed damage on stream, he hit for 40% using a suboptimal combo. Unless they added damage scaling to Lightning Cage and didn't show it, Black Adam will be the best character in the game after this patch.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

may contain peanuts posted:

When they showed Black Adam's nerfed damage on stream, he hit for 40% using a suboptimal combo. Unless they added damage scaling to Lightning Cage and didn't show it, Black Adam will be the best character in the game after this patch.

He also needed to burn meter like twice to get to that and can't combo into Cloud without meterburn.

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
I feel like they forgot about the Joker. I'd really like it if he had literally one thing that he did better than Red Hood.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Fenn the Fool! posted:

I feel like they forgot about the Joker. I'd really like it if he had literally one thing that he did better than Red Hood.

his combos aren't as awkward and he's a swanky French psychopath

also has better gear, a better supermove, teeth are better than mines, moves much faster

Le Joker is good

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/InjusticeGame/status/890275532281139204

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Do other premier skins have different moves?

Since bizarro has the flame breath, is that an equipable move separate from the skin?

Are premier skins allowed in tournaments?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

This is AWESOME!

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The Fool posted:

Do other premier skins have different moves?

Since bizarro has the flame breath, is that an equipable move separate from the skin?

Are premier skins allowed in tournaments?

I think Flame Breath is functionally identical to Ice Breath, it just plays a canned animation of the person on freaking out while on fire instead of the ice.

It would be very NRS to make it different by accident though lol

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Life am good.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Technowolf posted:

Life am good.

Me am so not excited for Bizzaro.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Bizarro not even want to be in bad game Injustice 2!

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs
Injustice good

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

C'mon, clearly it should read "Bizarro not number one, Superman are!"

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
Are there goons playing this one the Bone ? thinking of picking it up there.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

mfny posted:

Are there goons playing this one the Bone ? thinking of picking it up there.

I'm marathoning Shadow of Mordor, but I'm still playing it. SeantimusPrime is my gamertag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I have learned that Subby can make his ice clones manifest as penguins. Never change, NRS.

• Locked thread